PDA

View Full Version : power steering is better or not for DRIFT?

JDM_KING
2nd January 2010, 08:30 PM
hi guys just wanted to know if power steering is better or not for difting coz mate think it is in a ae86 when i think it is'nt. can you guys help with our arguement.???

keiichi
2nd January 2010, 08:34 PM
less sensitivity with power steer? maybe not so really, just heard that one alot.
but im not sure sorry, got power steer in my rona i would be interested to see what its like compared to normal. personally i feel that it would be better with power steer when it comes to highly modified front ends on street cars.

driftke70
2nd January 2010, 09:24 PM
negating any other factors you just dont feel the road as well.

biggo
2nd January 2010, 09:55 PM
no ps cooler to rip off on a front end hit

1/2hp more

Personally i reckon its better for day to day duties. Plus, newer skid cars have them anyway and people still run them. If a car was made to run one id leave it on. But thas just me and I like Javal, am weird.

sundee
13th January 2010, 06:47 PM
This topic comes up so often - waiting for golberg to come in.. hehe

he rates it - i have never driven an 86 with PS, but if its like any other car with PS. its like driftke70 says.. no feel, and no feedback.

stx-16
13th January 2010, 07:47 PM
+1 for what drift ke70 said ps feels kinda weird and doesent get me off. non ps gets me sooooooo fucking hard.... in the arms that is from trying to turn into a park with a locker lol

FAST EDDIE
13th January 2010, 09:16 PM
i have no ps in my 86 and have it in my ke70 meh realy doesnt make a difrerence either way

sundee
13th January 2010, 10:55 PM
I just rate non ps becasue every car i have owned since i got my licence never had PS and its great to feel the road instead of guessing

slydar
14th January 2010, 01:30 AM
hachi ps is pretty good feedback wise.

if you were to set it up and put a lot of effort in. it could be great. but 99.9999% of people its not worth thinking about.

tezza88
14th January 2010, 01:45 AM
i hear the fast rack on stock 86s onli operates under low speeds and u still have the sensitivity of non PS wen it gets enuf speed?
i mite be dreaming,so correct me if im wrong
but personally. Non PS feels much better IMO when driving.
when parking and commuting however..thats a powersteering's forte
and when ur sliding..it doesnt make much difference, ur already fast enough to abolish the differences

.ady
14th January 2010, 01:50 AM
yea thats true if your travelling fast enough through a corner the wheel feels light ish but u also feel the road at the same time so thats a plus. parking and shit is a bloody work out but yea its ohk. not sure about power steering havnt really slide in a car with power steering

KE70GT
14th January 2010, 09:00 AM
power steering is good if you want to run lots of caster as for the feedback you'll just get use to it

marvis
14th January 2010, 10:20 AM
I agree with whats been said.

BUT MAN, I don't run PS...

and you should see my FUCKING RAGING GUNZ!

sundee
14th January 2010, 02:29 PM
hahahah

redsprinter
14th January 2010, 03:12 PM
man its like once every month or so we have this discussion .

how about it doesnt make f**k all difference because who seriously drifts on here all we do is talk about it and buy parts for our cars. none of us here actually can hold a drift long enough to feel the road below us .

keiichi
14th January 2010, 03:57 PM
man its like once every month or so we have this discussion .

how about it doesnt make f**k all difference because who seriously drifts on here all we do is talk about it and buy parts for our cars. none of us here actually can hold a drift long enough to feel the road below us .

i don't have the money to buy the parts, i talk about it while i save, so i almost come under that description... sponsor me so i can prove you wrong :D

spiderman
14th January 2010, 04:14 PM
Older PS systems are scary at any kind of speed over 50km/h. Can you say "oh shit where'd all the feel go, WTF is going on?!?!?!?" And as we all know drifting at 50km/h is gay, not to mention hard.

adrian_809
4th March 2010, 08:38 PM
my 86 has the fast rack ps and it feels just fine no diff to any other car i have drivin without it only diff much ezyer to park when ya finnished

rolledup
10th March 2010, 10:58 PM
I prefere the NP... and the struggle of parking with a locker aha :P

slider4life
12th March 2010, 03:03 PM
im a no power steer person i love how i get in my ae86 and have to drive it the best feeling ever to compare my last car which was an r33

marvis
12th March 2010, 04:25 PM
Anything would feel better.

doots
30th March 2010, 09:50 PM
i hate ps. that said my s13 had amazing feedback. beats my ke70 hands down. that also said. i think it had a leak so it only half worked.

ae71
31st March 2010, 12:58 AM
Older PS systems are scary at any kind of speed over 50km/h. Can you say "oh shit where'd all the feel go, WTF is going on?!?!?!?" And as we all know drifting at 50km/h is gay, not to mention hard.

you are a turkey falla and talk so much shit.

non PS is fine in a corolla, light weight, small tyres.

id hardly call a s13 new or modern. PS in it is good.

i drove a grandparnets dodge nitro (new 09 car), biggest bag of shit. powersteering was rubbish too

Slimer86
31st March 2010, 03:51 PM
Mines ps, and no dodgy feed back, still feels direct at any speed.

I guess if S13 PS was no good, many drift cars would be doing with out it...

spiderman
2nd April 2010, 08:52 PM
you are a turkey falla and talk so much shit.

non PS is fine in a corolla, light weight, small tyres.

id hardly call a s13 new or modern. PS in it is good.

i drove a grandparnets dodge nitro (new 09 car), biggest bag of shit. powersteering was rubbish too

Gobble fuckin gobble, don't care :P
that's my experience with 80s PS setups. That said, I've never driven a PS hachi/e7 so I probably should have kept it to myself