PDA

View Full Version : Driving South.

focus_7
19th January 2009, 01:09 AM
Me and some mates are going down to Nowra for some holiday in a convoy and I was wondering if there are any good roads to hit on the way down so I can make them all dizzy as we drive spiritedly and so I can show off my huge cojones by driving fast.

So far I can think of going through the natio, then maybe mt. keira pass. Are there many nice twisty bits past there that aren't too far out of the way? I noticed Jamberoo Mountain road on google maps but it's pretty far out of the way.

UGANGA
19th January 2009, 09:29 AM
natio then up maquarie pass the down to jamberoo :P did it yesterday

focus_7
19th January 2009, 05:39 PM
Yeh on google maps i've planned out natio, mt. keira pass, macquarie pass then moss vale rd which looks like it has some nice twisties.

UGANGA
19th January 2009, 06:25 PM
good boy lol

sotiros86
19th January 2009, 08:52 PM
Where abouts are you going to? If you wanna drive about 20mins south of nowra there is some real nice twisty mountain roads on your way to conjola. Just be careful, and dont try and slide them, as they are massive cliffs off the side.

Also, Jamberoo pass isnt too far out of the way, its a very good road. Go through Gerringong instead of Berry, its a bit more twisty.

focus_7
19th January 2009, 08:58 PM
Going down to culburra for a week.

whereabouts south of Nowra? Is Jamberoo Pass listed on Google as "Jamberoo Mountain road" because that does look ok. Not as good as Mac pass though.

Rhys.
19th January 2009, 09:09 PM
yeh they are about the only roads really...cant think of any more.

mac pass has cliff off the side too haha, are they all decent cars? cos i wouldnt belt through there in a commo

focus_7
19th January 2009, 09:19 PM
I want them to be scared. I doubt they'd be driving hard anyway.

Rice86
21st January 2009, 09:58 AM
jambaroo mount?...isnt that somwhere near kangaroo valley or soemthign?

focus_7
25th January 2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. Was a good drive south till my brakes dropped half the fluid on the way down kangaroo valley. All very conservative driving from that point.

and the freeway on the way back.