PDA

View Full Version : My New GTI Corolla

RolandGTV85
10th January 2010, 05:27 PM
Hey People, Picked up my new daily yesterday.

1992 Corolla GTI Hatch with standard 100kw Redtop 4AGE.

Car was sitting under a tree near my old folks place for nearly 3 months. Car originally was my best mates first car nearly 8 years ago or so. Any way he sold it to his friends brother who recently stopped driving it so I approached him for the buy.
The car had some massive oil leaks so I was taking a bit of a gamble but i got it for peanuts cos he needed it gone as he is leaving Perth next week.
It was also a bit rough cos it has never been garaged. Very little rust but the paint isnt the best.
Anyhoo I got it home as quickly as possible and put it on the ramps. Oil leak was coming from the oil cooler hose so I replaced it with a new one. The oil filter was also leaking alot so I took it off to find the seal was as hard as steel!!!!, Replaced the oil filter and seal and no more leaks!!!!! Runs like a dream!!! All it needs now is a decent service and a good detail as she is filthy.

Moebius
12th January 2010, 04:26 PM
Nice one. Looks to be pretty stock, which is cool. Even got the factory tape/cd player.

RolandGTV85
13th January 2010, 12:01 AM
yeh, Its got extractors, exhaust and swaybars. Apart from that, Stock from what I can See.

Ive gone over this car in detail and what was previously thought to be a pretty tired engine turns out to be in rather good condition. No leaks what so ever and just keeps pulling when you floor it. No flat spots at all. Sooooo happy.

vivioman
13th January 2010, 01:00 AM
Good buy that one!

ThatsHowWeRoll
13th January 2010, 08:39 AM
A mate of mine owned an sx seca...i was suprised how fun they are....good little zip around car and pretty comfy considering...factory oil pressure gauge ftw...

Rice86
13th January 2010, 09:23 AM
these cars have like a supa good gear ratios...to bad they arnt RWD...90kmph and ur at 3000rpm...ON 5th GEAR!! they are good on fuel and nothing beats a 4age stock from factory haha good buy

vivioman
13th January 2010, 10:32 AM
I just sold my '88 AE82 twin cam seca that had a 4AGE in it, went surprisingly hard for that age, and considering that it had travelled 377,000kms there was just a small oil leak from the distributor and had a worn exhaust gasket and tappet noise and that was all that was wrong with it.

Also was a good sleeper as no one would expect a seca of that age to be that robust! :)

Got 550 to 600km to a fuel tank on that car which was also impressive.

RolandGTV85
13th January 2010, 07:52 PM
This has done about 250000km, which by todays 4AGES isnt too bad. I know my friend really looked after this car when he had it and it has a full service history up until 2005-2006.
Gearbox is a bit notchy but still goes hard as! Maybe harder than my Levin..... o_O'

RolandGTV85
24th May 2011, 08:58 PM
Sold :(
If was extremly fun while it lasted..........