PDA

View Full Version : Mid week Drift sessions

sundee
11th January 2010, 11:55 AM
So after my weekend away from the rat race of sydney ive had a good think about organising some mid week Drift sessions

Us sydney siders pretty much only have the one option of Eastern Creek now that OP is out. but hopefuly we will see them come to the game with new layouts and options to accomodate us drift fans.

Obviously their needs to be minimum numbers to make something like this happen - and when it comes time it will be posted on a few other forums to drum up interest - a poll has been added - who out of you boys would be a regular attender at say a fortnighly or even weekly twilight drift session?

poll is pretty simple -

once a week
once every 2 weeks
or not interested.

NOTE - Poll is a multi choice pole - you can select more then one answer - so you need to pick one from the 1st two and one from the 2nd two.

this thread is also open for sugggestions on what you would like to see happen at these twilight drift sessions - what you see as value for money - how we can make it an all round kik ass night for everyone.

so let it rip...

evil86
11th January 2010, 06:11 PM
once a week is good i guess. keeps everyone entertain and but if there isnt enough interest or not enough numbers once a fornight is still good. more days more better i guess if there is good number. keeps us on the track and less on the road. Are you planning to organise these days joel?

sundee
11th January 2010, 06:17 PM
yeah man, just seeing what kind of interest their is about for midweek sessions - just going through all the requirements atm

OMG866
11th January 2010, 07:08 PM
So everyone would prefer night sessions than day sessions ( 9-5 )

OMG866
11th January 2010, 07:24 PM
Its funny you started this thread today joel cause i was goin to make one. Just some info. I made a few phone calls today in regaurds to booking the peanut track for day sessions 9-5 mon to friday. I will get back to everyone on prices this week. So if anyone would be keen on doin a track day during the week maybe once a month let me kno.

Otherwise i would be down for a night session possible once a fortnight. I dont think i could afford once a week. :(

sundee
11th January 2010, 07:30 PM
i just thought night sessions would be good as most work during the day... keep the votes and feeback coming

bams_keto
11th January 2010, 07:34 PM
^^ me 2,

once every two weeks would be pretty sweet,
i think that if i do penut track quite often it would get pretty boring tho if they don't mix it up,

just my two cents tho

OMG866
11th January 2010, 07:35 PM
yea i totally see your point there. But a day of every now and then to go drifting would be awsome. Works out well for those that get a R.D.O

sundee
11th January 2010, 09:03 PM
Thing is now with OP closing and if marulan are still having issues - the only tracks are eastern creek and wakefield.

i had a look at eastern creek layout of the main circuit - you could make a nice drift circuit from the north eastern side of the circuit with some small additions ;)

tangy
11th January 2010, 09:05 PM
i'd be more likley to attend if it was once a month, so i could save up and do it without worrying about money, etc.

night would be easier as well to keep that precious leave

sundee
12th January 2010, 05:26 PM
will be planning to organise at a min once every fortnight.. waiting to hear back from Marulan and EC

Rice86
12th January 2010, 05:45 PM
once a fortnight is better then nothing, and obviously interest wont be only from this forum right?...so numbers shouldnt be to hard, jsut keeping interest and people rocking up every fortnight will be hard

sundee
12th January 2010, 06:10 PM
its once a fortnight - how hard could it possibly be ? so we build these cars for what? i dno but im building mine to drive it... i would go once a week for sure

OMG866
12th January 2010, 08:42 PM
if it was once a week. it would have to be a set day. like every thurday etc, like a sport.

sundee
12th January 2010, 08:58 PM
yeah thats kinda what im aiming at nick - the day would be set so guys can organise their crap easily.

bams_keto
12th January 2010, 10:27 PM
does that mean if its a weekly thing that we get the track for cheaper coz its an ongoing thing coz i don't think that i would be able to cope with paying $100 for that track, then tyres, then fuel each week.

redsprinter
13th January 2010, 11:08 AM
yeah agreed on the above.

track entry cost is normally ok . but other things will come up. maintenance, petrol and tyres. im really up for any thing . once a fortnight is looking good. allows me to save up .

one thing that ive noticed with a lot of other clubs is there is no 'breaking the ice" if this was to happen and we had minimum numbers. i wouldn't mind having a driver intro during the briefings, something like "hello my name is _____ and i drive the _____ .

sounds gay but it helps everyone get along and helps each other out.

sundee
13th January 2010, 11:19 AM
^^ what i want from this is a place where all us guys with the same interest can go hang out skid our cars as much as we can in the time we have - I want everyone to get to know everyone - you know, no "those guys are shire blokes stuff them" hehe sorry boys just had to use us as an EG. but you know, im all up for what your saying red sprinter.
Their will be a meeting halfie before we start hitting the track for this purpose.

evil86
13th January 2010, 01:35 PM
nice nice, getting to know each other is heaps good and fun, alot of shit talk. what ever happen to our end of months. i remember going to a few last year now its dead. new year, new start. SHOULD WE HAVE A DC EOMM FOR JANUARY?

Rice86
13th January 2010, 02:31 PM
lose of license doesnt help anyone LOL!! but yeah i'll tow my rust to the track as soon as we get this shit going

redsprinter
13th January 2010, 02:56 PM
shit talking ,drifting .. almost perfect just need some bad bitches on heels , and doof doof and you got yourself F&F tokyo drift. =)

sundee
13th January 2010, 04:20 PM
Alright boys a bit of progress - Got all the cost involved - for the track - next inline is insurance.. i somehow think this part is not going to be so fun...

OMG866
13th January 2010, 05:32 PM
already have insurance sorted :) ill Pm you

pen15
13th January 2010, 06:41 PM
waaaa sort something out we need this shit asap im towie

sundee
13th January 2010, 06:44 PM
once its all set and ready to roll - im going to drum it up around all the other forums and through mates etc.. money will have to be payed 1 week in advance, with no refunds and, will help secure numbers and save having stupid amounts of cash in my pocket

tezza88
14th January 2010, 02:21 AM
sounds great, cant wait to see how mch things gna cost.
not very familiar to skidding yet, so wen time comes, hope u guys give me a hand lol
im in for once a fortnight.gives us some time to maintain the car since 9-5 jobs and weekends are for relaxing

OMG866
17th January 2010, 10:17 PM
Will try get some more info up this week.

Rice86
19th January 2010, 11:41 AM
something getting done...i like this

OMG866
19th January 2010, 09:52 PM
yea i am goin to here back from a few ppl with prices on thursday and i think Sunndee86 is still waiting on some info from a few contacts he knows.

sundee
20th January 2010, 11:23 AM
sorting out something with marulan aswell :)

SIM355
31st January 2010, 11:33 AM
sorting out something with marulan aswell :)

Iv been to marulan once, good track, but they dont like loud cars lol
they like to put steel wool up your but if it is.

ae71neo
31st January 2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah i just keep my bit of chicken wire for when i go down there lol. Save them having to get a new bit everytime.

pen15
7th February 2010, 09:06 AM
Joel whats going on any progress?

sundee
9th February 2010, 11:36 AM
yeah guys, got prices on both EC and Marullan

Marullan does have restrictions in place for sound DB levels.
Gary is a top bloke and he has modified the track so us guys with low powere corollas can have a ball to. The track has been shortened to a length of around 800m, its also being widened in some parts to allow for some tandem action.

no screamers area allowed at marullan.
Some NA's may need some help staying under the limit aswell

at Each day we would need atleast 15 - 16 drivers.

Mid Week @ Marullan = $150/ Driver
Mid Week @ EC peanut = around $130 pending insurance quote. mayb cheaper.

Thats about the size of it.

Thoughts?

bams_keto
9th February 2010, 12:57 PM
any pic's of new track layout?

pen15
9th February 2010, 01:23 PM
im keen on eastern creek but Marullan is a trek for a mid week drift its a big commitment but ek is close and easy

sundee
9th February 2010, 02:06 PM
we would need to allow a whole day for marullan, EC can be a night session. EC sux because you need to have your own insurance, you need to hire day makers for the night - their not cheap, you need to pay for security to stay after hours..all round pain in the but they are.

sundee
9th February 2010, 02:07 PM
im keen on eastern creek but Marullan is a trek for a mid week drift its a big commitment but ek is close and easy

i just realize you sound like eveyone else born and bread in the shire.. everything is just to far ..hahah

ae71neo
9th February 2010, 05:34 PM
What have they changed at Marulan? The old track was fun.

sundee
9th February 2010, 05:37 PM
didnt go into detail with Gary but they have pretty much added sections to make a small section of track, run in reverse, dedicated to drift.

bams_keto
9th February 2010, 06:34 PM
I'd be keen for marulan once a every 2 weeks or so, at least it is an actual track.

Leave at around 5.30am, get down there at about 8.30-9, then drift your heart out and get home just after 7.

when u thinking of starting these track days?

sundee
9th February 2010, 06:40 PM
Marullan is under 2 hrs from sutho, its around 1 hr 45 mins from memory.

well i can start organising whenever i want at marullan.

Just need to get the numbers, would need atleast 15 - 16 drivers.

would need to recieve payment 1 week prior to the event to confirm numbers etc.

gotta get the word out, i dont think we would get 15 - 16 guys just from 86 DC

meadan
9th February 2010, 06:48 PM
id be keen to join in, could probably attempt to make up numbers too if need be.

Would need cams license? Or just sign up for marulan license on the day?

sundee
9th February 2010, 06:52 PM
Cams wont be involved because their screwing drift over, i didnt know that you needed a marullan licence?

meadan
9th February 2010, 07:51 PM
i think for marulan you just need to pay for their yearly thing, something like wakefield does if you dont have cams?

focus_7
20th February 2010, 08:13 PM
so are these going ahead? I want more meat, i caught the drift bug last week in the monsoonal rains.

sundee
21st February 2010, 10:32 AM
yeah they will be - my situation atm, my wife and i have a baby due in march so i cant be far away during that time, but after that its will be fine, so atm im lookoing to do the 1st one early/mid april at marullan, will be a friday day, all day! so we get a long weekend. need to give good time so guys can organise the day off work.

so ill be looking at either of these dates - 2nd, 9th,16th of april.

id like to do something in march but the track is also booked out all fridays in march so far.

OMG866
22nd February 2010, 10:24 PM
isnt that fri a public holiday. i havnt checked the calander so dont flame me if it isnt lol

sundee
22nd February 2010, 10:56 PM
no flamage required - Friday 2nd april is Good Friday.. public holiday
leaning toward the 16th atm

Beau
23rd February 2010, 08:08 AM
You know im keen!! Id say March is gonna be the go’er for everyone. However just be aware that 15th and 16th there is a event on held by Team God Speed (surprised you didn’t know about this Sundee – im Samhain and I was told about it hehe)

How could you shorten Marulan? Its short enough as it is. Ive got 3 mates going down there tomorrow for a private day (3 cars) so I’ll find out off them what it was like. They are doing video that will hopefully be up on DK.com so if that’s the case I’ll give you all the link to check out.

Did you hear about driving sports or whatever the lebos car club is called is holding a day at eastern creek march 19th ? apparently they are going to be holding it on the big track on a few of the corners. Im still trying to find out if it will be the FULL corner or 50% of it like they do at powercruise cause EC don’t like their grass being touched. If its Tire stack heaven I will be Boycotting that like Nun at abortion clinic!

redsprinter
23rd February 2010, 08:58 AM
would be down for marulan . get a confirmed date and put me on the list.

sundee
23rd February 2010, 10:39 AM
Hey Beau - didnt know Team godspeed had a day booked in - i dont go on the site much as, MArch isnt going to work at Marullan because its all booked out.
April is the next available, + its going to give guys time to organise the friday off work.

Drivingsports is aka driftMob, i dont see how they would get half the track? EC is around 8k to hire mid week. bit pricey to only use a few corners.... i could imagine you would be paying around $220 each for the day.

as for Marulan speaking to gary it seems like they have added a section of track to make a specific drift circuit from the main track. They reckon the low power cars were struggling on the main circuit.

Gunner
24th February 2010, 08:59 PM
while driving past wsid on monday, I noticed that they were holding a motor khana or similar event in the pit area (as it is huge). might be worth while having it looked in to.

pen15
24th February 2010, 10:21 PM
hmm sounds alright gunner and im in for a marulen deffs lets go

thu187
28th April 2010, 06:07 AM
Hey haven't been on dc that much. Any updates with this?