PDA

View Full Version : whos HITTING it?

fantapants
15th January 2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdY2azOGB5Q&feature=player_embedded

sooooo wanna be rocking this :)

Eircamae86
15th January 2010, 10:30 PM
Mine should be ready Id say, fitting new brakes I got from a sponser on sunday.

bigm
15th January 2010, 11:03 PM
That looks cool. would be good to go down and watch. around birthday time. i hear roadtrip!!

NIZLAH
16th January 2010, 10:55 AM
fuck yeah that looks like an awesome event.....

Gunner
16th January 2010, 11:39 AM
Woooooooooo, can't wait, I'll be crewing for someone, but cant wait. Some of the aussie cars that will be out in the open class are gonna be sick too.

ke_70
16th January 2010, 07:31 PM
why do the aussie cars hav to look shit?

cicca_294
16th January 2010, 08:52 PM

haha i dont think they look shit, its just that you always know the ones from australia compared to jland.

saw mark berry's gtr a while back, man that thing is smickk

Sam-Q
17th January 2010, 08:41 AM
maybe its because they actually pay more attention to do doing things right mechanically first before looks

Gunner
17th January 2010, 08:59 AM
Most of the aussie cars, are only getting to the stage where they really need some aero work, to keep the cars on the ground.

And there are some sick looking aussie cars out there, you just haven't seen them.

Gunner
17th January 2010, 09:00 AM
Also, the aussie teams, aren't million dollar companies

jay70
17th January 2010, 09:22 AM
they look better than your car

ke70dave
17th January 2010, 05:31 PM
they look better than your car

haha i see what you did there...

looks like a cool event. wonder if its worth flying down for that....dont see anything like that around much.

Gunner
18th January 2010, 07:26 AM
You will over the next year or two. Maybe not an international event though. Hope we get some pome cars out there.

redsprinter
18th January 2010, 10:40 AM
21-22 MAY 2010 . I will be there .

Rice86
18th January 2010, 10:57 AM
wow falls right on my birthday, 21st May

Oly AE86
18th January 2010, 09:19 PM
Will also be there, 2 cars of 3 heading down :D

Gunner
19th January 2010, 07:36 AM
http://www.superlap.com.au/2009/

Any one have the competitor list yet?

Jonny Rochester
21st January 2010, 09:23 PM
"No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed."

So MR-2 is allowed, Skyline is allowed, Porsche is not, most supercars are not.

Delazy
21st January 2010, 10:06 PM
yeh, thats the case jonny...

i think the event is targetted moreso towards the Japanese scene in hope to start a time trial culture similar to that of japan/us

Gunner
21st January 2010, 11:32 PM
If the porches and other supercars were allowed to race, you would end up with jim richards and the likes taking it over, in race prepped porshes and ferraris, and wouldn't allow a new form of motor sport to grow.

I would much rather see a 800hp skyline black tracking out of every corner, then watch the porsche cup.

That said there are still alot of very very quick mr supercars allowed to compete

xero
22nd January 2010, 09:01 AM
this is true gunner. the porsches and other exotic have got enough on with targa and GT racing, and any other japanese or european cars are restricted by class and engine size.

superlap, on the other hand has 3 classes.
clubsprint: still street rego'd, lower power, lightly modified, usually N/A car. IE AE/KE or MX5 etc etc
open class: usually privateers and unrego'd race cars, big power cars, heavily modified cars etc
pro class: all the big names

this is the only place where those highly modified cars can really show what they have up against each other. bringing in international competitors just means that the aussie guys will have their work cut out for them and will (hopefully) ensure and fucken wicked competition!

pat you thinking of coming down?

Jman_KE70
22nd January 2010, 06:14 PM
I definitely coming over for this event it's gonna be awesome.

hao.
26th January 2010, 11:03 PM
I'm thinking about trekking down for this. It's gonna be insane.

fantapants
3rd February 2010, 08:17 PM
dead keen on a trip for this :)

Gunner
10th February 2010, 08:20 AM
Been talking to a few people that will be running in this. With it being an international event, has pushed alot of people to going that little bit further. I know of 3 400kw evo's and all are in the process of fitting aero parts, as the cars are getting a bit flighty under brakes. The open class will be insane, as most of the cars I have seen are pretty much 10 and 9sec drag cars with suspension.

Haven't heard of many NA cars heading out though, which we need to get a class open for the NA tuned lightweight cars.

xero
11th February 2010, 10:12 AM
thats the clubsprint class... sort of.

Gunner
11th February 2010, 12:47 PM
clubsprint is for road cars, not race cars.

xero
16th February 2010, 11:17 AM
Haven't heard of many NA cars heading out though, which we need to get a class open for the NA tuned lightweight cars.

thats the clubsprint class... sort of.

clubsprint is for road cars, not race cars.

umm... wut?

UGANGA
16th February 2010, 01:02 PM
ill be there for a looksee and to help out a bit

Gunner
16th February 2010, 04:05 PM
umm... wut?

14.3 Category 3 – Clubsprint Class

• All Vehicles must comply with Schedules A & B of the CAMS General Requirements for Automobiles (as specific in the CAMS Manual). Schedules A & B can be viewed here.

• All vehicles must have current registration and be driven by the owner of the vehicle. If in the case of company owned vehicles, must produce a written letter from the director of the company showing approval to race the vehicle.

No Pro drivers ( This also includes anyone who has been paid a wage or salary or deemed to be) will be allowed to drive in Clubsprint Class.

14.3.1 Vehicles

• All Vehicles must be available for purchase from a major manufacturer currently/previously as a factory OEM vehicle.

• No Open Wheel vehicles, Clubman or Kit cars allowed.

• No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed.

14.3.2 Body Type and Modifications

All Vehicles must be presented as manufactured unless stated below.

• Unless fitted at the time of manufacture by an approved vehicle manufacturer no tube frame vehicles or tube frame chassis extensions are allowed.

• All convertible type vehicles must be equipped with a hard top or a roll cage that complies with Cams Regulations.

• Body kits are allowed

• The use of a Carbon or FRP Bonnet is allowed, no other Carbon or FRP use is allowed.

14.3.3 Vehicle Modifications

Engine

• Vehicles must retain their originally designated engine and configuration. EG; if your vehicle came from the manufacturer with a Naturally Aspirated SR20 then it must retain this engine and aspiration.

• Engine modifications are free with the following exceptions

• The original engine mounts must be utilized.

• The original engine configuration must be utilized.

• Nitrous systems are banned.

• All vehicles must have a full exhaust system exiting after the rear axle and compliant with CAMS regulations

Transmission & Driveline

• Transmission modifications are free with the following exceptions

• An OEM Gearbox casing must be utilized. For example, a Nissan vehicle must retain an OEM Nissan Gearbox Casing.

• Driveline modifications are free with the following exceptions

• OEM Diff casings must be utilized. For example, a Nissan vehicle must retain an OEM Nissan Diff Casing.

• The original Driveline configuration must be retained (2WD, 4WD).

Suspension

• Suspension modifications are free with the following exceptions

• The original mounts must be utilized.

Brakes

• Brake modifications are free with the following exceptions

• The original mounts must be utilized.

Wheels & Tyres

• All vehicles must run on Tyres with a UTQG rating higher than 100. If the tyres fitted to your vehicle have a UTQG rating under or equal to 100 you may be moved into the Open Class or refused entry entirely.

• Wheels are free.

Fuel

• All vehicles must run on a commercially available unleaded fuel or E85. Leaded fuel is not permitted

• Clubsprint Class must use pump fuel with an octane rating of no higher than 98RON or E85. E85 is classified as a pump fuel as it is available at the bowser in Australia

Interior

• Interior must remain as it came from the factory with the following exceptions

• Rear seats may be removed.

• Stereo may be removed.

• Local modification to interior for fitment of a roll cage is allowed.

14.1.4 Vehicle Safety

• All Vehicles must comply with Schedules A & B of the CAMS General Requirements for Automobiles (as specific in the CAMS Manual).

• Harnesses are not required but we recommend that a CAMS Approved 4 Point Harness is used at this event.

• Racing Seats are not required but we recommend that a CAMS Approved Seat is used at this event.

Clubsprint, is for road registered vehicles, road cars, not dedicated track cars. Didn't intend any offense by it, but its a class for road cars. And the only N/A cars I know of that will be competing are the civics that were in open class last year.

Delazy
16th February 2010, 04:51 PM
couple guys from tassie venturing up to drive in clubsprint...

jza80, gtr and s14...should be interesting...id be there checking it out, but have prior commitments

focus_7
16th February 2010, 10:33 PM
s but the real question gunner, can I enter my 4ac sprinter?

Gunner
16th February 2010, 11:37 PM
yes...

xero
17th February 2010, 02:08 PM
thats great gunner, but where did i say that clubsprint is for race cars...

redsprinter
17th February 2010, 02:40 PM
i think gunner was referring to having some NA cars in the open class.

Gunner
17th February 2010, 03:24 PM
What I was originally referring to is alot of na cars, like some of those that compete in ipra and the likes, will find it hard to be competitive in the open class, hence I would like to see a lightwieght open class, as these cars technically can't enter clubsprint, where the competition may be a bit more competitive. Or even break open class into 2 categories, instead of having 4age powered sprinters trying to mix it up with 400kw skylines and evos.

Andy San
15th March 2010, 11:04 PM
i'm looking at entering, but im not sure if my car would be eligible for the club class, for instance, i have no carpet and a full cage, but i still can have my car road rego'd in sa, does this mean i am ineligible or not?

Gunner
22nd May 2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?22/05/2010.EAST.S2.Y

results if any one is interested

Dom86
25th May 2010, 05:03 PM
So how was it???

TUFPUP
28th July 2010, 10:02 PM
In case anyone's interested heres a video on SPEEDHUNTERS about the event. Pretty good.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/07/28/video-roll-gt-gt-motive-dvd-wtac2010-minifeature.aspx