PDA

View Full Version : buying cars from interstate.

cicca_294
19th January 2010, 03:10 PM
i was wondering what exactly should, must, needs to happen when buying a car from interstate.

whats the best way of going about it?
should it have rego?
rwc?

i know that you must hand in your foriegn plates and get nsw ones, whereby the car is assessed, (as in a blue slip), and if it passes your rite to goo..

im just doubting its that simple.

Richard
19th January 2010, 03:46 PM
Im not sure if Paul the Irish bloke can help you out he did mine a few years back but unsure if he still does it or not. You can try to PM him but off the top of my head i cant think his forum name...someone here will know

enigma
19th January 2010, 05:44 PM
i bought my car from vic with no rego. just needed a blue slip and was all good

SEXY 16
19th January 2010, 06:09 PM
hello

depends in what the car is

example

adm car just a receipt and a blueslip and your set

jdm car bit more too it

you will need the import approval along with an engineers report

some engineers reports only do that state so a engineers report may be needed

can help if needed

cicca_294
19th January 2010, 06:56 PM
cheer guys,
just considering my options as im after a ksev and nothings really coming up in nsw..

so, lets just say i bought from qld, with non-legal engine mods,
but came with rego and a rwc,
just crosses over?

Richard
20th January 2010, 03:33 PM
Sexy_16 did mine and did it well. Thanks again mate

redsprinter
20th January 2010, 04:08 PM
you will need a proof of purchase along with a copy of the old rego papers (just in case) then the car will need a nsw blue slip done. and your set for rego. dont forget your green slip + insurance.

Golberg
20th January 2010, 09:11 PM
When going state to state you need to start from stractch.

The car will be considered an unregistered car and will have to have a full blue slip inspection.

Don't bother, its really not worth it for a KE70. Just wait, it wont be long till you find one.

In the past 2 years I've bought 4 AE71's and 1 KE70 here in NSW, 3 had rego.
I found them in:
Trading post 1
eBay 1
Forums 1
Salvage auctions 1
Chasing the person down on the street 1

Keep looking everywhere and you'll find one.

cicca_294
20th January 2010, 10:15 PM
When going state to state you need to start from stractch.

The car will be considered an unregistered car and will have to have a full blue slip inspection.

Don't bother, its really not worth it for a KE70. Just wait, it wont be long till you find one.

In the past 2 years I've bought 4 AE71's and 1 KE70 here in NSW, 3 had rego.
I found them in:
Trading post 1
eBay 1
Forums 1
Salvage auctions 1
Chasing the person down on the street 1

Keep looking everywhere and you'll find one.

i know, i found one today and as i rung the bloke sold it.
was fair cut....

umm and as for chasing down people, basically every ke70 owner knows me in wollongong, i know where half of them live :S

sotiros86
21st January 2010, 02:52 PM
Unless your picking up an absolute bargain interstate, just hold out until you find one locally. The reason being, that you have to either pay for flights to get up there and get the car + petrol to bring it home, pay a courier to ship it down, or hire a car trailer and go and pick it up.

As Goldberg said, you then have to get rego as the rego from the other state isnt valid, and in order to get that you need a blueslip and greenslip. Which means the costs quickly spiral out of control.

However, as Richard said, Paul is the man, he organised the engineering and blueslip for my car, and i couldnt have been happier.

rhys2229
22nd January 2010, 04:10 PM
this ones still for sale i think http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=13660 its in sutherland shire