PDA

View Full Version : some help with an engine conversion XD

LEVIN86
21st January 2010, 08:57 PM
hey guys

need some help with my car .. its going through the process of 'out with the old and in with the new'

i got an AE86 with a 20v silvertop (7A block) sitting in the engine bay..loom is complete (thanks to Nath) and now just need some help with finishing it off or at least to the point where it cranks up

anyone out there whos done a 20v conversion and can lend a hand let me know. Car is currently in the eastside and needs to be moved to make some space.

Nam

shift_rook
21st January 2010, 08:58 PM
i can probably lend a hand with some things, i'm no massive techy but i know enough

LEVIN86
21st January 2010, 09:32 PM
kools, which suburbs you from?

im going to japan in bout 4 weeks times for 2 weeks so i might have to push back this project till i get back.

Sam-Q
22nd January 2010, 07:03 AM
yeah which area exactly? I might be able to help

tc-rolla
22nd January 2010, 03:02 PM
yeah i'll help. mechanic too lol so advantage.

chris if i help i'll pick you up?

ben.

shift_rook
22nd January 2010, 03:04 PM
i'm down, c&b auto works, at your service nam :D

LEVIN86
22nd January 2010, 08:24 PM
ooh man you guys rock!!

GO TEAM - only problem is that i need somewhere to put the car .. anyone got some space XD

funny thing is i have no idea where my car is .. it went from Naths place and then taken to Wes. so ill have to find out where he is holding it.

Sam-Q - that would be great if you could help me as well .. i was going to need your help as well with some rust repairs if possible

shift_rook
22nd January 2010, 08:26 PM
no chance at mine man, had enough trouble gettin one kesev out ey haha, i'm way to far from you anyway ey

Sam-Q
23rd January 2010, 02:51 AM
so it looks like the next meet up is decided then! I will come so long as the time is right and it's on the east side.

I can't help with space right now I have cross-member parts all over my floor right now doing this TA22 rack and pinion stuff. Rust repairs in the near future is possible.

LEVIN86
23rd January 2010, 08:55 AM
Well worse case scenario if there's no where to put the car that ill have to take the car back from the east and bring it home to the west, I'm usually working Monday to Friday so if anything I may have to work out something when I get back from holidays (11/03)

Event of February: Help Nam get his car running hehe

shift_rook
23rd January 2010, 10:03 AM
just let us know when and where

tc-rolla
23rd January 2010, 07:19 PM
well, unforntualty, i can do rust repairs. lol. trying to get my mig back, so i'll see how i go. do you have engine crane and all that? and some tools?
becuase i can bring the 4wd around and bring my rollcab and that. if it helps lol.

ben.

Otaku
25th January 2010, 10:33 AM
You know if I help out your car will never get finished :D

Nic19
25th January 2010, 11:46 AM
It's at wes' saw it on the weekend. Wat else do u need done that wes can't do?

LEVIN86
7th February 2010, 03:57 PM
haha i dont even know where wes is keeping the car, i gota come check it out soon

I haven't seen the car for a while now and pretty much trying to get it to the point of cranking/starting, not too sure what wes cant do

harley you can donate me some stuff if u like, ur jdm front would be nice XD

Hokey
21st February 2010, 10:22 PM
this car is ready to head to the tuners now. give wes a call when you want to pick it up