View Full Version : Electric GP bike

Frak
23rd January 2010, 12:47 AM
s-8dFbvh_lY

driftke70
23rd January 2010, 01:16 AM
its pretty cool but the whole green perspective is bull shit

petrol is like 45% efficient, higher in a motorbike,

then you get electric, the process of going from a power station to the place its being charged is like 90% efficient, then go from that place to the battery, thats like 50% efficient, then add in all the processes involved in making batteries, its bullshit theory.

ke70dave
23rd January 2010, 05:24 PM
yep your on the money there driftke70.

all this "zero emssions" crap. the only real zero emissions form of transport is walking. and even then you breath out co2!

its just plain lies, and unfortunately the public are buying it. all this crap about how electric cars are gonna save the penguins, just plain lies!!!

in saying that, sweet bike. wonder what the weight comparisons are, those batteries sure cant be light? not that i know anything about bike handling, but i assume you'd need to worry about weight distribution, might be easier on a bike than a car though.

Juturna
23rd January 2010, 07:33 PM
no wieght is worse to proportion on a bike! just having a tank bag with maybe 1-2 kg in it makes a big difference on my bike. they would have to have the batteries very low, electric engines would be scary on a bike. tourque progression needs to be quite linear for most riders, instant torque would take a while to get used to! but fun for broadsides :D