PDA

View Full Version : who is going to be doing the drift on the 20th for g1??

70wagon
26th January 2010, 07:24 PM
hey all
as most of you would no G1 is on the 20th of feb and from what i can tell there is going to be a fare amount of corollas out there.

just wondering whos def going?

FAST EDDIE
26th January 2010, 07:38 PM
nup\|

ke_70
26th January 2010, 08:08 PM
not taking the ke out eddie?

R&D Mechanical
26th January 2010, 09:09 PM
nope :( maybe round 2 if im used to it :)

buddyparts
27th January 2010, 04:53 PM
I will be there and benny will be there
my money is on benny to win 60kw animal

ke_70
27th January 2010, 05:02 PM
what about panda ben?

FAST EDDIE
27th January 2010, 06:32 PM
not taking the ke out eddie?

nup my missus is driving it for drift school then its for sale

ke_70
27th January 2010, 07:29 PM
yeah prob blow the engine or somthing if you took it out lol

FAST EDDIE
27th January 2010, 08:14 PM
pfft that things a weapon, i like trashing my ae86 much more.

Evocom
27th January 2010, 09:01 PM
I might give it a crack. trying to sort out some tyres for it and need to get a few tandems in at the next praccy and if it all goes well i should be there.

70wagon
27th January 2010, 09:38 PM
^^ im sure i can help out with that. ive got about 100 tyres ready for drift prac so we should be set :)

Evocom
27th January 2010, 09:48 PM
yeah i got a stack at home too but i'm gona try my proxes 4s on the back and maybe get a new pair of toyo teo to see what they're like. I'm gettin another camera mount so you can keep the one from the other day.

Evocom
27th January 2010, 10:15 PM
I've just been checking out the regs on the mallala website and it says that because its a state championship event you need to bring your level 2ns cams licence. no mention of purchasing a day licence for the event. Does this mean i need to get a proper cams licence before the day? Anyone know about this? Ive been meaning to join a club etc but haven't got around to it yet. This may mean i have to get my shit together.

obey wan boenny
28th January 2010, 09:17 PM
Yep i will be there! cant wait, love G1. dont bet to much jay lol

Evocom
28th January 2010, 09:57 PM
I rang CAMS today and they seem to think that day licences will not be available for the G1 day. A level 2ns licence is required which costs $55 and you must be a member of a cams affiliated club. If you have any day licence receipts from the last 6 months send them along with the application to cams and they will deduct the amount the licences cost from the $55 dollars. So only need a few receipts and it will only cost club membership. Sweet

obey wan boenny
28th January 2010, 09:59 PM
Yep all true :) deff join up if your doing lots of events :)

Touge Boy
28th January 2010, 10:05 PM
what about panda ben?

Are you referring to me?

dont bet to much jay lol

But jay bets on yahoo all the time?

Nic19
29th January 2010, 06:43 AM
do you think its worth coming from vic to enter? thinking of taking my corolla out there but dont wanna travel all that way if its very limited track time.

buddyparts
29th January 2010, 07:04 AM
do you think its worth coming from vic to enter? thinking of taking my corolla out there but dont wanna travel all that way if its very limited track time.

i would you get plenty of track time
practice sessions pair drift sponsor rides lots of track time
$160 for a full day of drifting

Nic19
29th January 2010, 11:21 AM
Do u have to pre enter? And is there going to be 2 classes?

Evocom
29th January 2010, 12:44 PM
Do u have to pre enter? And is there going to be 2 classes?

Entrys close 1 week before the event, after that I think a late fee applies. I believe it is split into two groups after qualifying but they have changed the arrangement this year to include some sort of "wildcard" setup. All the info/regs etc are on the mallala website. www.mallala.com (http://www.mallala.com)
Do it!!!! should be a good day.

ke_70
29th January 2010, 12:50 PM
yeah touge boy you be out?

Nic19
29th January 2010, 04:06 PM
I found out u can sort ur cams stuff out on the day. But yeh will have to work out my entry when I know my car will be ready.

shift_rook
29th January 2010, 04:15 PM
mint, well i'll be going with either lee or nic then, see you boys there

buddyparts
29th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Make sure you let us know if your coming. so we can get sheds together.

Touge Boy
29th January 2010, 05:21 PM
yeah touge boy you be out?

Nah, Car is on Jackstands in the shed again, and no way it'll be ready.

Need my wheels, new seat, cage isnt put in, still needs tune and alignment, wiring and shit everywhere, half in primer, no front guards.

And I still suck.:DD

Will be attending though.

FAST EDDIE
29th January 2010, 10:17 PM
heres a few things i know some of u guys need to check out
9. LICENCE
Drivers may only compete if they have a current CAMS Level 2NS Competition Licence (or higher level)

.15.4 Cars must not have holes in front or rear bulkheads [sealed boot space and engine bay]
15.5 Holes in bonnets must have the underside covered by steel mesh, with holes no larger than 8mm.

oh and we got hammered for having glass headlights which need to be covered with clear contact, or we just taped em at the time but they dont work well when taped over lol

ke_70
29th January 2010, 10:28 PM
what about tunnel moding?

FAST EDDIE
29th January 2010, 11:17 PM
no worries!!!!

ke_70
29th January 2010, 11:47 PM
ah i thought i read you cant get a cams licence if you cut out the tunnel
does it differ to grip racing?

Evocom
30th January 2010, 10:46 AM
ah i thought i read you cant get a cams licence if you cut out the tunnel
does it differ to grip racing?

The mods done to your car do not affect you getting a CAMS licence. They may affect your chances of getting the car on track after scrutineering though if the car does not meet the requirements for the event. It seems to me that drifting is one of the more relaxed classes when it comes to allowable mods with the emphasise being mainly on safety:soldier:.
Saying that I've been reading the cams manual and the sections that cover G1 and there is a part that may be of interest....
Schedule B article 10 states about having a rearwards or side exiting exhaust. A rearward exhaust must be 100mm to 450mm of the ground and protrude no more than 150mm past the rearmost portion of the car. A side exiting exhaust must be located rearward of the midpoint of the wheelbase and shall not project beyond the maximum width of the coachwork or terminate more than 50mm within the plan view of the adjacent coachwork.
I'm not sure how harsh they are with scruitineering but they state in the event regs that these parts of the cams manual are needing to be followed. I'd hate to see one Ballsy arsed wagon get told to go home for such a simple thing>|. If you need to extend your zorst jarod i have a few 2 meter lengths of 3inch stainless if you need any.

Evocom
30th January 2010, 10:50 AM
Also I couldn't find anything on rollcage padding. Does the cage have to be padded within a certain distance of the drivers head? My car has done drift supercup and G1 before but had no padding when i got it. Im unsure if it ever had any. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Andy San
31st January 2010, 11:19 AM
if it's not padded i would do it for 2 reasons:

1. scrutineers will probably pick up on it, they are pretty hot about padding for all other forms of motorsport

2. if you have a reasonable accident and bash your helmet on a section of the cage you can die.

Evocom
31st January 2010, 07:12 PM
yeah I'm thinking ill pad it. my helmet does rub against it every now and then.

buddyparts
31st January 2010, 10:34 PM
yeah I'm thinking ill pad it. my helmet does rub against it every now and then.

yeah your head needs to be 100mm away from the cage
you must be a big guy to hit the cage

Evocom
31st January 2010, 11:23 PM
I am reasonably tall i spose. Not much taller than simon was i think. It looks as though the seat is about as low as it can be mounted i think. It doesn't help that my helmet doesn't fit me perfectly so it sits a bit high on my head. Is the 100mm measured from the helmet or the head???

buddyparts
1st February 2010, 10:09 AM
The cams manual say where your helmet can come into contact with main hoop it must be padded. I cant seem to find any measurements. I must have made the 100mm up.

Touge Boy
1st February 2010, 04:24 PM
Nah, you're right Jay, at least where ADR's are concerned. Any part of the cage must be 100mm for contacting the head...

As for CAMS it'll be in the rulebook.

ke_70
1st February 2010, 08:35 PM
where is this rule book?

Evocom
1st February 2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks Jay. I definately need to get it padded then. Looks like i'm off to the speed shop this week.

buddyparts
1st February 2010, 08:55 PM
Get your roll cage padding from autosport on magil road. And say jay from buddyparts sent you and you will get discount.

70wagon
1st February 2010, 09:13 PM
The mods done to your car do not affect you getting a CAMS licence. They may affect your chances of getting the car on track after scrutineering though if the car does not meet the requirements for the event. It seems to me that drifting is one of the more relaxed classes when it comes to allowable mods with the emphasise being mainly on safety:soldier:.
Saying that I've been reading the cams manual and the sections that cover G1 and there is a part that may be of interest....
Schedule B article 10 states about having a rearwards or side exiting exhaust. A rearward exhaust must be 100mm to 450mm of the ground and protrude no more than 150mm past the rearmost portion of the car. A side exiting exhaust must be located rearward of the midpoint of the wheelbase and shall not project beyond the maximum width of the coachwork or terminate more than 50mm within the plan view of the adjacent coachwork.
I'm not sure how harsh they are with scruitineering but they state in the event regs that these parts of the cams manual are needing to be followed. I'd hate to see one Ballsy arsed wagon get told to go home for such a simple thing>|. If you need to extend your zorst jarod i have a few 2 meter lengths of 3inch stainless if you need any.

well you scared me so i just made up my new exhaust lol now its going to sound like a farm toy lol :(

Evocom
1st February 2010, 09:37 PM
Didn't want to scare you mate. Just saw the pics and it looks sweet. I say keep the side pipe for practice days coz it sounds effn sweet. you out this wkend?

70wagon
4th February 2010, 02:27 PM
dus any one no what the rules are for seats? coz iv got 2 monza seats in mine but they dont have tags or anything on them? or do the just have to be stable?

obey wan boenny
4th February 2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah just have to be stable

buddyparts
4th February 2010, 09:27 PM
no real rules hey as long as mounts are made well and seat is tight.

FAST EDDIE
7th February 2010, 06:33 PM
Also I couldn't find anything on rollcage padding. Does the cage have to be padded within a certain distance of the drivers head? My car has done drift supercup and G1 before but had no padding when i got it. Im unsure if it ever had any. Can anyone shed some light on this?

neve been fussed with padding have it on the side intrusion in my ke thats all theyve never said anything aobut it but in my 86 helmet hits both bars easily so i padded the shit out of it.

they have been real assy about seats some times and not other times but generaly they check its mounted well an thats all but just get jay to hook u up some velos, cheap as chups

obey wan boenny
22nd February 2010, 10:43 PM
KE's FTW in twin drift :D such a fun day :) Duca is pro at following close.

http://www.vimeo.com/9613978

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/5/8/37606.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/26442101500919950154818.jpg/)

Elvis
22nd February 2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah good day Benny, our first ever win and many more to come, pro town here we come.

obey wan boenny
22nd February 2010, 10:50 PM
haha twin drift is ours all year, anyone who stands in our way will get missiled into :P