PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with a megasquirt on a 16v?

mrbigport
27th January 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi All,

I'm about to undertake putting a megasquirt on my bigport keto and i was wondering if anyone has played with these before, or knows of any tuners that are willing to work with the megasquirt (i know some people don't like touching ecu's they havent worked with before)

preferably gold coast area, but brissie woulf be ok too.

Cheers,

Craig

ke70dave
3rd February 2010, 07:56 PM
ive played with them a fair bit, but on my mates 12A turbo rx7.

we got it tuned quite well on the road, runs a 13.6 i think. so its tuned pretty good....used a lc1 widebank. good item that. oh and used the "megatune" progam as well, cool program that one.

you really need to know ALOT about engines/wiring etc as setting all the sensors up is a bit tricky, but there is plenty of literature out there to help you out.

mrbigport
3rd February 2010, 10:32 PM
cheers mate,

i've already got a techedge 2J1 wide band O2 setup in my car and feeding simulated narrowband O2 signals to the stock computer.

as for software the megatune does look like a good bit of kit, i've been toying with it already, seems pretty feature rich for free software.

hooking it all up and everything doesn't phase me, but is there any cruicial snags i should watch out for??

cheers,

Craig

Chrisso
8th February 2010, 12:38 PM
Are you getting the kit or a pre-built? I assume you've seen the latest version has a double height case to allow for extra connections including an inbuilt SD card reader/writer for datalogging. I have a feeling this version also has the dual ignition input as part of it, very useful for 4ages.

It's been a while since I looked at it, but I've got one I built and made a loom for, but have it currently running on the standard ECU for legality/registration reasons. Will swap it back over soon though.

- Mine's a MSII v3.0, currently on B&G code 2.9, but thinking of changing to MSII Extra before installing.