PDA

View Full Version : My current build.

LittleRedSpirit
3rd February 2010, 01:02 PM
Just getting another 20v into ae71 on the road. trying to do it neater and better than before, taking the time to make things nice.

Engine/Driveline.
Ae101 Silvertop
1zz fe coil on plug ignition
Ae111 flywheel
New NPC HD Organic 212mm clutch with modified exedy pressure plate
Adaptronic e420c
Alloy Dissy cover
Samq rear water fitting.
New AE71 copper brass radiator with custom adapter shroud to adapt an sv21 thermofan
4-2-1 jap headers, into 100 cell cat and 2 inch press bent exhaust, very quiet. Single resonator and single muffler.
ADM t50 with jdm bellhousing, speedo drive and rebuilt slave cylinder
Cusco engine and gearbox mounts on powdercoated crossmembers
JDM T series diff with discs and TRD 2 way with 4.3s. Fresh stock brakes.
JDM AE86 tailshaft
TTT short shifter
TTT waterpump underdrive pulley
TTT single row crank pulley
TTT velocity stacks
Uni Filters
New cam, crank and main seals and gates timing belt/tensioner and jap fwd waterpump.
New gearbox seals and gasket to bell-housing

Suspension
TTT Wilwood 11 inch brakes
Custom coilovers on AE86 struts with approximately 6kg springs and koni yellow sport adjustable st185 dampers
TTT Rcas
XT130 lcas
Stock front sway-bar with Nolathane bushings
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
Whiteline adjustable rear upper trailing arms, Nolathane type bushes.
Stock rear sway-bar on stock sloppy bushings to give maximum looseness.
Rear uncut ultralow kings springs
Koni Yellow adjustable rear shocks
Quaife Rack and pinion steering
Jap AE86 fuel tank with walbro intank pump and modified RT142 style filler, looks stock
Recaro seats for driver and passenger on stock ke70 rails
Full interior with all sound deadening and a back seat too.

Exterior
Kamei Lip from a bug eye mazda 323. 135mm clearance from the road.
15x8 Southernways, slightly split offset. -8 front, -6 rears.
Tow bar with the tongue cut off and powdercoated to protect the fuel cell from rearward impacts.

I've sandblasted it back to bare metal at the front in the bay and all around.

Then painted with acrylic in the stock colour, and it matches quite well to the rest of the car. Peak white ftw haha.

The brown front panels are mint and will be painted to match as the car is assembled.

Heres a few shots of what Im up to.

trdrifter
3rd February 2010, 01:55 PM
engine bay looks mint dude.. great stuff

munki
3rd February 2010, 03:45 PM
i like the one with the 2.4 conversion... show us that one.

R&D Mechanical
3rd February 2010, 05:07 PM
i like it very nice mate :D

slydar
3rd February 2010, 05:15 PM
sounds like a great car :) im gonna build one this year. quite a different set up but id have to admit my ke70 was the funnest car ive ever owned.

LittleRedSpirit
3rd February 2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks alot fellas, ive been doing a bit more on it each day.

I can reccomend to anyone who wants a tidy car to buy a sandblaster. No more skinned knuckles trying to sand in funny spots. No more surface rust or corrosion, and perfect paint adhesion. mine was only $158 and works so well I dont know how I ever did without it.:DD

Might try and work out how Im doing the heater connections tonight. im going to use a fixed position idle control tap, just a bit more closed that what the electronic one defaults to so it will idle at around 1000rpm i hope, instead of 1600 rpm where it used to idle.

Robo86
4th February 2010, 09:06 AM
sick dude, always liked your tidy approach

Jacobxxx
4th February 2010, 10:06 AM
is the rear on jacks in that picture or what haha

Konakid
4th February 2010, 11:05 AM
One to watch.

LittleRedSpirit
7th March 2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the comments. Yes the rear was on jacks.

Its now off jacks and running some properly wound rear springs. Its had the ae86 dif fitted, and the jdm tank with a new walbro pump inside and a shortened RT142 filler neck that I had bent at the exhaust shop. Also got silvertop throttles fitted now so Ill see how that goes. Hopefully even batter than the ae111 throttles since the ports match better now. I still need to source trumpets for them.

Been having some wiring issues both with the engine loom and the underdash and body looms.

Anthony Kellam made such a ham fisted amateur job of doing the engine loom. The problems Ive noticed so far include:
- Secondhand wires used to connect accessories. Hes actually used wire that has had those crimp thru tap connectors removed so its got split insulation and some of the copper is broken. Ansolute crap when you charge someone 600 dollars to wire a car.
- Hes shared the one power feed for Coils, Igniters, and the ecu power, which was only a 7.5 amp wire. I tried for 3 months to make my adaptronic vidigauge work and it never worked right, all the sensor signals were all over the place and I couldnt figure out why. Now I know, all the interferance caused by sharing the power feeds. I think someone wjho was a qualified Auto electrician (which Anthony is not) would have known to seperate them and then to use the appropriate sizes wire, especially for the coil. I mean thats just absolute laziness. I think he did these things just because he doesnt know any better and because hes happy to rip people off if he thinks they will never learn enough about wiring to find his lazy and low quality work.
- He was instructed to wire the ignition in full sequential since it is possible with the e420c and I wanted to make use of as much of its functions as my motor could handle. Anthony to this day promises me its wired full sequential, but its actually not running full sequential. There are a few ways to know this, ecu settings give it away, Also there physically isnt enough wires in the loom to have even done this. There is no safety circuit and that means its not in full sequential.

Dont use Kaizen garage for anything.

In an interesting turn of fate, Anthony has closed his only acutal business entity some time ago. All the people he has traded with since, if you havent got a receipt, hes just pocketed the cash off the books, despite still attempting to promote his actual business which doesnt exist. His actual business was called HMS automotive. Kaizen garage is a made up name that he promotes to make people like I was (new to the scene) think he actually has a decent business and is a professional. If he were smart hed know that selling all these new and used parts and promoting yourself as a business, then doing all your trade in cash is going to get you royally screwed eventually. Not a smart move.

Also, Anthony Kellam cannot tune. He told me gets 20 valves running awesome and that his base map was so good it wouldnt need long on the dyno to sort it out. He killed my motor when he tuned it and has refused multiple times to replace it. It was so rich up to 3000 rpm it was pumping fuel into the oil and degrading it, then at around 4000 revs it dropped air fuel ratio to 15:1. Thats where it sat at highway cruise speed, so thats where it did most of its miles, so its no wonder he killed it. Again he took advantage of me trusting this assumed "business person" when I was starting out and it cost me a motor.

He even had the smoothing turned on on the dyno chart and it still showed 15:1 so theres no telling how lean it actually was. I should point out that Anthony is passing himself off as a tuner when he is completely untrained, not even a decent course under his belt. He has chosen to practice tuning by taking money from people and telling them he can do it, then trying to get dyno time with a more qualified tuner looking over his shoulder and holding his hand. Obviously there are some incredible courses out there to do to learn the ropes but he hasnt done that.

The MTAQ has no record of Anthony Kellam/Kaizen/HMS automotive or anything else linked to him. This means he is not licensed to do any of the things he takes money for.

He is not a qualified auto electrician.

He is not licensed as a wrecker to strip cars and sell secnd hand parts. As such if you fit a part he sells to your car and it fails and you are harmed, you couldnt get any help with your injuries since he is completely uninsured.

He doesnt even have a business currently trading and therefore I cannot see him paying any tax on all the things he sells.

He has moved workshops 4 times in the 3 years I have known him.

What kind of a picture does this paint?

Oh almost forgot to mention, he has also been attempting fabrication and diff mods. From all reports he has no idea how to weld. Even his good friends told me he stuffed up a few diffs and got mounts in bad places and rotated around the diff in relation to their twin. I know for a fact that he welds alloy parts even worse as he made ma a modified cooling fitting for my head that had the welds just fall out and water spray everywhere.

So please dont be like me and pay him 3 grand for a bunch of junk and a bad tune. Hes completely untrained, unqualified and unlicensed.

If you have hired Anthony Kellam to do a loom for your motor and its supposed to be full sequential, I urge you to check and see if it is. It probably wont be. Check your ecu settings. Then contact Anthony for a full refund. If hes not in prison for tax evasion.

trikzlane
7th March 2010, 11:16 PM
i see your point but if i was you, i would post this up mearly cause it is publicly abusing a person on this forum, if you feel so strong about this maybe consider starting a post in the name and same section, but without all the abuse.

LittleRedSpirit
8th March 2010, 03:17 PM
i see your point but if i was you, i would post this up mearly cause it is publicly abusing a person on this forum, if you feel so strong about this maybe consider starting a post in the name and same section, but without all the abuse.

I see your point to a cetain extent. This is pretty light on for abuse considering how I feel.

I forgot to mention fair trading has an ongoing investigation regarding Anthony not holding the correct licences or qualifications to work in this industry. Also for the cash parts and dodgy receipts (i got receipts with 3 different sets of details on them in 3 concurrent transactions, and only because I insisted on having receipt due to him taking forever for things in almost all cases) as well as not having the name hes traded under for 10 years as a registered trading name for any business he has ever controlled. He even wrote me receipts without an ABN or business name when his business was open, so I can't be even sure if he declared that income, but the ATO willl get to the bottom of it rather soon.

See how it pans out. I think hes in deep shit. I know if I did those things in my industry id be in prison by now. Its only because he exploits those new to cars and rather young that he gets away with it again and again...

At the end of the day, this is all 100 percent true, I have a blog with photos, dates and times and its my thread so Ill write what I want. We already had this out in the tech section and Anthony gave up trying to defend his actions and started personally attacking me so I'm not in the mood to care. He hasnt taken my calls for over a year so this is what happens. When you arent permitted a voice just start yelling. As if he would even read my thread anyhow, hes only concerned with the 5 or 6 people he does consistent work for, everyone else is just a mark to a con artist.

I might get to the name and shame file soon enough, but I may not need to if he goes away for a while, or goes underground. He better be hiding well and truly underground because if I hear hes trading again Ill be sorting it out quick smart. He cannot work in other states as QLD is a bit odd in that you dont need to be a qualified mechanic to work as a mechanic, the same with most motor trades here in QLD, but he wont be able to go down south due to the long list of people that are looking to stomp him from all the scams hes pulled and the Auto regulators wont permit him to work unqualified. He should stay in the backyard where he belongs.

Interestingly he actually closed his legit business, HMS automotive, which is a sneaky way to avoid fair trading complaints, but he cannot escape the long arm of the Tax office or the MTAQ licencing people. Theres enough project threads on here detailing used parts purchased from Kaizen garage that no matter how much smoke and mirrors he tries to pull the evidence cannot be removed. I dare say its already been logged and read by the appropriate authorities. Its just a matter of time to see what happens to him now. With the sheer number of transactions hes done illegally (10 odd years worth, maybe more) he may get a super severe punishment. That kind of constant and systematic abuse of the tax system and the licencing laws will not result in any kindness when it comes to sentencing.

70XIN
8th March 2010, 04:15 PM
Rich up to 3000revs is a bit ghey, but 15:1 AFR at cruise revs is not unreasonable in the slightest

daltrim
14th March 2010, 10:42 PM
On a different note, are you going to pre-fit engine and accesories before you paint or is it not that type of build?
I agree a sandblaster is an awesome investment, have a blue point one i use all the time.

LittleRedSpirit
5th April 2010, 01:09 AM
On a different note, are you going to pre-fit engine and accesories before you paint or is it not that type of build?
I agree a sandblaster is an awesome investment, have a blue point one i use all the time.

Hi mate, Ill let the pictures speak for themselves.

Its running!

jdmke70kid
5th April 2010, 09:07 AM
hey man very nice good job:) engine bay looks mint i want mine to be like that

4agte ke70 build thread

LittleRedSpirit
14th April 2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the positive comments.

I drove it today for the first time. I have a few funny gremlins to kill but it should only be an hour or two and itl be up to scratch. Mostly just lights and fuses to sort out.

LittleRedSpirit
15th April 2010, 09:07 PM
Had a nice cruise around in it today. Its a lot of fun. Goes almost as good as before and it still needs a proper exhaust and tune.

Hers a photo.

NIZLAH
15th April 2010, 09:48 PM
legendary..... a slight inspiration to pull my finger out so we can do laps of Cavil... :P

bigm
17th April 2010, 11:42 AM
hope u mean cavil av? :P

ps, dig it man, love ur work.

NIZLAH
17th April 2010, 03:15 PM
damn straight I mean Cavil Ave......... its where the kool kids roll... Its the main reason Matt built this car lol.

LittleRedSpirit
17th April 2010, 09:10 PM
damn straight I mean Cavil Ave......... its where the kool kids roll... Its the main reason Matt built this car lol.

Ive never driven my rolla to the gold coast.

Im too afraid. Maybe if it was one colour.

Cheers for the comments.

Niz, ffs get a tune so we can drive. Become a male stripper or something. I really want to race you, haha. We should go to Willowbank and set times.:sunnies:

ca18ae71
17th April 2010, 09:48 PM
oh im coming if that goes down

NIZLAH
17th April 2010, 10:16 PM
lol, yeah steer clear of the G coast, wouldn't wanna get any exhaust on those pretty faces.... haha.

Nah seriously man I'm getting there, just gotta sort some debts out that are fairly immediate, If only I could pull male stripping off I'd be all over it lol. If it wasn't for these then I'd have my shit sorted by now.
So down for some Track action too, so is my mate Scott (race4ages) We are gonna start on his 20v conversion in 2-3 weeks and it will done a lot quicker than mine thank fuck. Let Brad know that he will have some work shorty also...

LittleRedSpirit
24th April 2010, 03:19 PM
Got an exhaust today. Its a 2 inch sleeper style system. One muffler, one resonator, and a metal cat.

Looks good, sounds good, and makes nice torque. Not a cannon in sight.

LittleRedSpirit
13th May 2010, 05:52 PM
So I haven't even had the tune looked at, and I pulled 15.65 at Willowbank last night.

140klm/hr on the line and a 2.204 60 foot time.

Half track was a flat 10. On the limiter in 3rd over the line.

The burnout is the funnest part.

LittleRedSpirit
6th June 2010, 12:20 AM
new shooz

Todd
6th June 2010, 12:26 AM
they have a nice mesh to them
make/model?

looking good dude :)

LittleRedSpirit
6th June 2010, 12:39 AM
Southernways mesh, dated in the cast centres 1983 (just like the car, hehe). Heat treated new welded on outers, basically plus 1-1.5 inches all round. Re rolled, polished, mettalic silver powdercoated centres with clear coat over them. New round head chrome bolts instead of the dingy black hex heads they came with. The valve stems are in a custom position now also. Tucked up close to the mesh.

The size is 15x8 -8 front, and 15x8 -6 rear.

Cheers.

08ftwyo
10th June 2010, 08:17 PM
they look dope as f*ck matt! looks at home with two recaros aswell!

benzo
10th June 2010, 10:33 PM
I really really like this man

LittleRedSpirit
11th July 2010, 11:04 PM
Thaks Benzo.

My 15x8 -6/-8 set now fit my ae71 perfectly.

The wheel is jacked to the bumpstops and spins freely.

A big thanks to the mysterious Mungi mods for all the help in adding some tidiness to my ride.:hehe::cool:

LittleRedSpirit
11th July 2010, 11:31 PM
Updated Specs:

Ae101 silvertop 20v 4age
JNT super short trumpets adhered into throttles, uni filters.
Ae111 flywheel
New NPC HD Organic clutch with modified exedy pressure plate, rebuilt JDM slave with new rubber hose.
Adaptronic and Kellam fail loom that shits wires like birds shit on cars.
Utilising 1zzfe ignition coils with inbuilt igniters.
Alloy Dissy cover
Samq rear water fitting with stock ae71, and 20v efi temp sensors installed.
New AE71 copper brass radiator OEM with custom ally shroud to adapt Camry SV21 thermofan. Thermofan triggered by the ecu.
4-2-1 jap headers, unsure of make, into 2 inch press bent exhaust with high flow 100 cell cat.
ADM T50 with jdm bellhousing, and speedo drive so the speedo reads perfect.
Cusco engine and gearbox mounts on powdercoated Aztec silver crossmembers and steel mounts.
JDM Kouki AE86 T series diff with discs and TRD 2 way with 4.3:1 ratio.
JDM AE86 tailshaft
TTT AE86 shifter rebuild kit
New seals and timing belt/tensioner/waterpump. Used Gates/Nok parts.
New gearbox seals/gaskets, Nok/Toyota brand.

Suspension/Handling Front end:
Cusco Strut brace, older style, powdercoated ends.
TTT Wilwood brakes with braided lines.
Tein Camber Plates caster added for ae86.
Custom coilovers on AE86 struts with 6kg springs and koni sport st185 dampers
TTT Rcas 35mm.
XT130 lcas.
Nolathone everywhere.
Stock swaybar.
Quaife Rack and pinion rebuilt, with superpro rack bushes.

Rear end:
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
Whiteline non adjustable oversize sway-bar with superpro bushes.
Whiteline adjustable upper control arms with superpro bushes.
Soft set of king rear springs, uncut but pretty well perfect height for me.
Koni Yellow adjustable dampers for AE86.
Rebuilt stock AE86 calipers.
EBC basic pads.
Nolathane bushes in Lower control arms.

Wheels and tyres:
15x8, -8/ -6 matching set Southernways mesh Made 1983 (same year as the car:heart::heart:) Refinished, new heat treated outer sections, welded hemispheres, silver mettalic centres with clear coat and button head bolts in chrome finish. Valve stems in custom positions, up near the centres as not to spoil the look of them.

Fuel System:
Jap 86 fuel tank with Walbro in tank 160l/min pump.
Modified RT142 corona filler neck to retain ke style cap for originality.
Fuel filter from some 4wd? Ford Maverick i think.

General:
Kamei Lip from Mazda bug eye front end 323.
Recaro seats for driver and passenger, stock rails.
Full interior with sound deadening and a back seat, missing rooflining cause it died.
Brown vinyl pillar trims and parcel shelf.
Clarion 6x9s and Sony head deck with axillary channel.
Shell rust repaired with real steel from a ke70 sedan.
Arches flared for 15x8 -8 all around.
Stock tacho modified so it works with dli ignition.
RT40 Corona gear knob.
Autotechnica wheel, 320mm, with longish boss kit.

AJPS
11th July 2010, 11:41 PM
pin striping looks really cool, you gonna keep it on the front end when you repaint?

be interesting to see how the front shocks go, any I or my mates used a few years back leaked pretty fast, even with tame spring rates.

jdmke70kid
12th July 2010, 03:47 PM
looks good dude i like the wheels good dish

LittleRedSpirit
12th July 2010, 07:09 PM
pin striping looks really cool, you gonna keep it on the front end when you repaint?

be interesting to see how the front shocks go, any I or my mates used a few years back leaked pretty fast, even with tame spring rates.

Ive been using them for 2 years with no problems only a great solution.

Might put a pin stripe or a rubber stripe around it one day, I dunno.

LittleRedSpirit
12th July 2010, 07:10 PM
looks good dude i like the wheels good dish

Cheers mate.

marvis
20th July 2010, 01:51 PM
Looking good man :)

Low Style
20th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Matt, you already know i love this car!

terry really should answer his phone sometimes.

LittleRedSpirit
25th July 2010, 12:02 AM
Went to test and tune tonight. I did a pb with the bigger wheels on and still not launching that hard. I had a fiddle with the map during the week. Seems to have worked considering I now run a slightly bigger rolling diameter with the 205s. For the record I did 15.62. Previous best was 15.65. More or less the same so now I need to look at a little more tuning and next time I will launch at 5200 rpm or so. I will make one of the shift lights into a launch light to help me I think.

LittleRedSpirit
25th July 2010, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcAoMxtaEs0

Low Style
25th July 2010, 09:11 AM
When are you painting the front? Such a clean car.

LittleRedSpirit
25th July 2010, 02:38 PM
When I have time. Its not easy to find running a business.

AJPS
25th July 2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcAoMxtaEs0

pretty good!

Low Style
26th July 2010, 08:45 AM
When I have time. Its not easy to find running a business.

Where you get your presure packs from? Terry came and sorted out my rust for me! top work!

LittleRedSpirit
27th July 2010, 11:14 AM
You can order from repco, they usually have the small cans to match but if you ask them they will get you the big ones in. They have to buy six at a time so in the interests of good form I usually buy 3 cans at a time. Its good for touching up random shite, matches quite well. The only thing making my gaurds look different is that the rest of the car was wet and dried with 800 grit about 2 weeks ago, but the gaurds are fresh paint still. Hopefully find the time to get it painted this weekend, I have everything to do it, except the will to give up some time to do it.

Plenty more time to shred from that time yet, Im still yet to launch hard. Ive not had wheelspin off the line yet. I was working out some techniques the other day but only had 2 quick runs on the strip, as I got there late. My mate with his 440hp HG ute had his throwout bearing fuck up and had to swap a throttle linkage at 7:30 at night right before we went out there. So we got there at about 8pm.

Low Style
27th July 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks Matt, I'll be going to Repco this arvo to order some. Might even go for 6 cans if i'm feeling greedy :P

Do you have all the sanding tools for the doors (Speed file) its the long thin one. i'm trying to find one to do my roof to get the lines right.

LittleRedSpirit
27th July 2010, 02:08 PM
No I dont but I too plan to buy one.

bigm
28th July 2010, 08:23 AM
Good to meet u on friday mate

Car looks cool and i dig the wheels

LittleRedSpirit
31st July 2010, 05:14 PM
Good to meet u on friday mate

Car looks cool and i dig the wheels

Yeah great to meet you too mate.

I fitted a lip from a subaru today. Looks pimp, Im gonna stick with this one for a while.

LittleRedSpirit
15th February 2011, 08:28 PM
Just fitted a 1kw reduction starter from an 85 model trueno, works awesome and sounds a lot more modern.

Jesseb369
16th February 2011, 03:01 PM
nice stuff.

LittleRedSpirit
13th March 2011, 08:44 PM
Finally started to paint the brown bits out.

R&D Mechanical
13th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Looking hot mate :D

Low Style
14th March 2011, 06:13 PM
nice work mate. I really need to bring my car in to get it finished off.

LittleRedSpirit
14th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Yeah man, the booths are great. Its so much better with the right equipment, I feel privileged to have all that in my factory.

The top coat booth is 100% done now, so bring your car in asap, I know Callum wants the work badly, and he needs to get his apprentice to do a bit more on cars to satisy his learning outcomes and pass him to the next year.

Cheers.

kepanno
14th March 2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah man, the booths are great. Its so much better with the right equipment, I feel privileged to have all that in my factory.

The top coat booth is 100% done now, so bring your car in asap, I know Callum wants the work badly, and he needs to get his apprentice to do a bit more on cars to satisy his learning outcomes and pass him to the next year.

Cheers.

+1 for the factory
really good work space ..
nice when there is a booth and painter right there

LittleRedSpirit
19th March 2011, 09:49 PM

LittleRedSpirit
2nd April 2011, 10:13 AM
So my diff got loud after a big highway mission the other day.

Its degenerated a bit by the time we got home, whining and a bit or a chatter that it never had before.

Pulled out axles, wheel bearings were rooted.

Pulled out centre, missing 2 teeth off the pinion! So thats a dead set of 4.3:1 gears.

Thankfully I had a diff spare in my AE86 so I took that out and fitted it to the AE71. I was unsure of the ratio and the condition of it. Its got 4.3s I now know and its atight as feck lsd. It whines super loud between 45 and 90klm/hr but s eerily quiet over or below that range. When I changed the oil I pulled leaves out of the thing, fucking dodgy Boonah bush mechanic. I flushed the shit out of it, I hope they all came out. I had heard a wives tail once that a few gum leaves will quiet down a whiny diff but I didnt think anyone was stupid enough to try it! So I might rip the centre out of it, and check the housing for more shrubs and the like. While Im there Ill fix up the gears and maybe lap them so they do not whine as bad, its a bit much really!

I guess Im just relieved the diff is working again.

I need to fix the other diff up, but all I need to buy is axle bearings for it, I have a set here to rebuild the centre already from ages ago, and my 4.5 cw and p is at diff lapping being lapped, then Ill rebuild it to an ever better result in the end.

Im also having the housing cleaned in a chemical bath at the diff shop prior to reassembly.

70rolla
2nd April 2011, 10:57 AM
lolz about the leaves ive heard bannana skins also work haha
looks hot mate good work

LittleRedSpirit
6th April 2011, 10:02 AM
So I decided the whine was too much to live with and i pulled this diff apart too.

The lsd is awesome, near new but the crownwheel and pinion were so worn that they couldnt even be lapped and used again. It also had 1 shinky wheel bearing.

So now Ive just finished having my spare 4.5s lapped, my spare housing cleaned, and I just bought enough wheel bearing kits to rebuild both diffs. The bearings alone were $400 just for the axles.

So anyhow, Im going to have it all rebuilt asap and then it should be mint!

LittleRedSpirit
10th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Diff is back together now.

Rebuilt 4.5:1 with trd 2way, new axle bearings, new axle seals, penrite 140 weight lsd oil. Even a new genuine toyota lsd oil only decal for the housing. Looks mint, goes great, really the ideal ratio for a street driven 20v.

LittleRedSpirit
30th April 2011, 11:05 AM
So been doing further development.

Now have a narrowband 02 sensor connected, getting better fuel economy hopefully. Seems to work fine in closed loop at low load moments.

I have now purchased an ECU data scan to monitor the ecu, and to give me a correct speedo now that I have changed final drive ratio. im in love with this thing, especially the history dash. It plugs in via the serial laptop connection to the ecu and it display about 30 different parameters that the ecu is calculating or measuring.

Check it out here...
http://www.youtube.com/user/MJBOGAN?feature=mhum

Made an alloy trim to guide air into the radiator. The car is running pretty cold around town, I use a 72 degree thermostat and it only opens when the car sits still, any time its moving its in the 60 Centigrade range.

KE70Man
30th April 2011, 04:48 PM
what sort of economy are you getting on a full tank matt ?

LittleRedSpirit
30th April 2011, 10:42 PM
I can go close to 500, over 500 on the highway. Thatd be run to bone dry pretty much.

I usually do around 400 then fill up as its not good to let the tank get too low as the pump gets louder when theres no fuel to dampen its noise.

Hows yours going now? Had it all fixed?

08ftwyo
24th May 2011, 09:46 PM
looking good matt. have to catch up soon, i just bought a moto so if you've still got yours, i think ot's time for a ride haha

LittleRedSpirit
28th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah still got mine, havent ridden since january i think, bit due to go for a blap.

LittleRedSpirit
4th August 2011, 11:50 AM
Been doing plenty with this car.

Now I have fitted a wideband LC1 from innovate motorsports. Been data logging and tuning for a while, go a lot more power and driveability happening, and also found a new function on the adpatronic that does useful things for itbs. Ive refined my trim figures and all my corrections.

I relocated the radiator slightly to the passenger side and this allows more air to my inlets.

Ive ordered a new vvt solenoid as mine is starting to leak oil on my headers occasiaonally. Ive also got a new top cover gasket, oil cap seal, and top cover bolt washers to seal up the timing cover once I refinish it, it sweats a tiny bit of oil around the cap and seal so its time for new ones. I think ill ceramic the top as Ive never seen a 20v with a polished cover on top before and I think it would look porny. Going to file the cating marks off it and buff the thing with 2000 grit first to get a smooth look to it.

Presently Im trying to get in touch with Rick Sendall to find out if he can do a harness bar and some rollover protection for me so I can go hard at the track.

Went to the drags a week or two ago and did a 15.69 with the new shorter gearing, I increased rpm to 8500 to get the same speed in gear and more or less broke even on times, I did get my best 60 footer with a 6000rpm launch. 2.125.

shift_rook
4th August 2011, 02:44 PM
looking goood, coming along brilliantly

08ftwyo
4th August 2011, 07:30 PM
looks fuckkking tidy matt, have to catch up soon, it's been too long. Your number still the same?

LittleRedSpirit
4th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Sure Is.

Live at the same place too mate.

I might try and pop in over the weekend.

08ftwyo
4th August 2011, 10:08 PM
Yeh just let me know! I'll be having a crack at mine on friday night and sunday, have to go build a deck on saturday :( I drove past yours after work the other day but I don't think anyone was home, couldn't see any cars around haha.

LittleRedSpirit
26th August 2011, 08:55 PM

08ftwyo
26th August 2011, 10:00 PM
Magnificent!

Futo_gt86
2nd September 2011, 08:16 PM
Can I ask you where or who built the Alloy radiator shroud?

LittleRedSpirit
3rd September 2011, 10:35 AM
Western Suburbs Radiator Service @ Sumner Park - Spine St.

I had them whip it up to adapt my SV21 Camry fan properly when I had them rebuild the radiator. Ot was under $100 to have it made, quite cheap I think.

Futo_gt86
3rd September 2011, 02:47 PM
I know the place. I'll hit em up! Thanks mate!

timbo
3rd September 2011, 03:00 PM
Looks good Matt!

LittleRedSpirit
3rd September 2011, 11:46 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/554686.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224882.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224884.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224886.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224888.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224890.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224892.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/224894.jpg

corknose
4th September 2011, 12:05 AM
looks good...

may wanna apply flame suit with pics of terrys rims.

LittleRedSpirit
4th September 2011, 12:11 AM
People may wanna apply a fuckoff suit.

slydar
4th September 2011, 09:56 AM
what speed are you doing at the end of the 1/4?

LittleRedSpirit
4th September 2011, 01:08 PM
88-89 MPH

Jdm-Mcc
4th September 2011, 01:39 PM
Southern ways, best mesh evarrrr.

LittleRedSpirit
5th September 2011, 06:15 PM
I made a super version 2 tray today. It works great. Takes about 1klm to get down to ambient range temps, and only rises about 3-5 degrees when you stop for a traffic light. Does a good job of making the radiator air miss the inlets. It lines up perfect with my relocated radiator as well.

ke_70
5th September 2011, 08:35 PM
why not just make an air box?

john84ie
5th September 2011, 08:59 PM
this thing is tidy,thinking of selling?

LittleRedSpirit
6th September 2011, 05:25 PM
Every things for sale for the right price.

and to mr ke_70; I would prefer a box but my nice velocity stacks wont fit in it and this does what it is supposed to and makes a marked improvement. Plus, for NA applications I dont think there is a box available that will fit in this space and evenly distribute its air.

LittleRedSpirit
19th September 2011, 10:26 AM

LittleRedSpirit
22nd September 2011, 10:36 AM
Just got a chrome bumper for this rig.

PoDgE
27th September 2011, 11:10 AM
awsome car man makes me shattered i sold mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleRedSpirit
17th January 2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks.

Done more now.

The 4-2-1s broke so they were swapped for my spare 4-1s. Been logging and retuning a lot to get the best from them.

Replaced front wheel bearings with Japanes made ones n new seals.

Also replaced the rear left wheel bearing with Jap Koyos.

Generally its going badass!

This car is now for sale.

As is without the Southernways n Quaife n logging system Id like 10k obo.

If you were interested and wanted the car for cheaper, Id let it go a lot cheaper without the suspension n diff in it, just replaced with stock items.

Sold my diff spares last week, trying to get the ke stuff out of the shed so I can finish the ae86 2azfe.

LittleRedSpirit
18th April 2013, 06:26 PM
Looking at parting this thing soon. Its sad but I want to hurry up and finish the 2azfe ae86 already so the funds will go to that.

Im still modding it though. Heat wrapped the headers earlier in the week. haha.

LittleRedSpirit
27th April 2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507366.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1063_zps8ddd2fc7.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507367.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1064_zps4bdb6aba.jpg.html)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/mjbogan/IMAG1065_zps2c65f0a1.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1065_zps2c65f0a1.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507369.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1066_zpsa97c1630.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507370.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1067_zpsd0e25065.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507371.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1071_zpsc859e3ff.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507372.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1072_zps7199ee19.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507373.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1073_zps65301ac2.jpg.html)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/mjbogan/IMAG1074_zpsdacc756f.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1074_zpsdacc756f.jpg.html)

Mika
27th April 2013, 11:44 PM
Looks clean!

Jacobxxx
28th April 2013, 03:50 PM
Paint bonnet same colour as car please

LittleRedSpirit
29th April 2013, 12:13 PM
No.

joeschmo_57
1st May 2013, 02:35 PM
As is, could you leave the car as is and just drive it no worries for the next couple of years?

LittleRedSpirit
2nd May 2013, 09:51 AM
Easily. Its reliable and economical.

LittleRedSpirit
2nd May 2013, 06:07 PM
Fitted one of my Mazda style lips. Didnt realise how perfect they are on a slanty.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507611.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1084_zpsd0433b50.jpg.html)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/2/8/507612.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/mjbogan/media/IMAG1085_zps825aa62f.jpg.html)

-ollie-
3rd May 2013, 12:08 AM
That lip fits perfectly! Whats it from?

slide86
3rd May 2013, 12:18 AM
Is that possibly the greatest IAC mod ever I spot?

LittleRedSpirit
3rd May 2013, 05:27 PM
I hope so, but I dont know the acronym IAC. Whats that all about?

LittleRedSpirit
3rd May 2013, 08:41 PM
That lip fits perfectly! Whats it from?

Mazda/Ra40. Same mould, just the ra40 has the bumper mount clearances pre cut.