PDA

View Full Version : Gutter Rash

Richard
5th February 2010, 08:02 AM
Just ran one of me brand new watanabes along the gutter i know of one place that can repair them but the price $$$. anyone else know of any other places around Sydney up to Newcastle?

xero
5th February 2010, 08:41 AM
the wheel center?
15 pioneer ave, thornleigh 2076

they just did my dori mesh, did a top job too.

Richard
5th February 2010, 03:56 PM
thx adam

evil86
6th February 2010, 12:38 AM
prices?

pen15
7th February 2010, 09:03 AM
+1 for prices

Richard
8th February 2010, 06:52 AM
$290 from one place. but havnt checked others yet

Faceplant456
9th February 2010, 09:06 PM
richard whats the damage? like ... i had dings in my 17" rims on my last car i to them to promac engineering in the Cardiff industrial estate and for $110 they fixed the dings in it ... it had 2 one major one on the outside and one minor on on the inside and they also machined the gutter rash off ... the rim looked brand new after it was done.

if its just gutter rash they will machine it off for about $25 per rim but you need to take it to them without the tyre on it but if you take them 4 rims and want it done they will do it for $20 per rim ... if you want that done i can strip the tyre off the rim for ya just throw ya spare on and ill strip it in my lunch break and you can pick it up ready to get machined at the end of the day, just drop it around to us when ever ... we open at 8am so if you can duck away from work then just drop it in ... or you can tell me where your work is and i could pick it up in my lunch break which is at 12.

evil86
9th February 2010, 10:02 PM
too bad u live/work so far faceplant

Faceplant456
10th February 2010, 07:10 AM
do you need it done to evil86? and i should have them prices on the semi slicks later today.

evil86
10th February 2010, 07:24 AM
yeah i got couple of rims that have gutter rash n bent lips ect ect

Richard
10th February 2010, 08:43 AM
Just a bit of gutter rash not affecting me at all other than the fact i can see it and its driving me up the wall also that was the price to take off the tyre and fit it and balance it after

Faceplant456
10th February 2010, 09:53 PM
ill strip it for you and then we take it to them in Cardiff and when its all done ill refit it and balance it ... ill do it in my lunch break and it wont cost you at all ... but if i do it in work hours it might be about $10-$15 ... just drop it off when ever and ill do it for you ... im going to be changing the rear tyres on my 86 tomorrow at lunch... my boss wont even notice and extra watanabe... :p

Evil86 if you like i could get the rims fixed for you but i would have to also charge a fee for the travel involved in doing it, but i highly recommend these guys at Promac engineering, also PM'ed u about the semi slicks evil86