PDA

View Full Version : Going to japan!!

LEVIN86
7th February 2010, 03:59 PM
im heading off to japan on the 24th of FEB

anyone been to japan before and has any recommendations of where to go or places to see

maybe even places to find some AE86 jdm goodies :sunnies:

Nam

.ady
7th February 2010, 04:19 PM
upgrade nam

shichi~
7th February 2010, 04:51 PM
lucky :( buy a cheap s13 track it crash it dump it :D

WAcky
7th February 2010, 06:08 PM
Ive been a couple of times.

If you know or can meet someone who's lives there then you'll have a much better time obviously. I've been to the Tokyo/Osaka/Yokohama/Nara/Kyoto areas. Tokyo is cool but a bit overrated. Its sparse and takes a few days to really see the main districts. I enjoyed Kyoto a lot but for me Osaka was the best. Very few whiteys so you feel special :jdmsmile:

silverra23
11th February 2010, 04:42 PM
i love tokyo... if you are going there here are some ideas.

akihabara - lots of electronics shit, plus lots of anime and toys. some cool model car shops there too. i can spend at least half a day in aki but more likely a day!

harajuku - i think sunday is the day that all the teenagers get dressed up as goths/lolitas etc then pose for the tourists. they hang around on the bridge just near the station. there is a giant snoopy store there too. girls like it.

shinjuku - lots of shops and shit. amazing neon lights at night for good photos. also home of a rather large red light district where i am sure you will find lots of mayhem to get up to. they will cater to just about every whim you desire, you just have to find the right club apparently. also has the tokyo metropolitan building which has a viewing level. seriously good views of toyko and even mt fuji when the weather is right.

shibuya - allegedly the worlds busiest pedestrian crossing. there are shit loads of people that cross here. there is a nissan dealership shop front here too. i forget what else made it good.

roppongi - night club and restaurant area. farken dear.

ginza - as above. cool apple store. cool sony store about 6 floors high.

odaiba - some cool buildings down there. also has the tokyo mega-web which is a massive toyota dealership/almost amusement park. in the shopping centre (venus fort) next door they have a cool car museum. this whole area is by the bay.. if you got over to the water there is a statue of liberty and all sorts of randomness going on. oh and a beach.

Day trip to Mt fuji. you can bus it up and they drive you around then you come back home in the evening on the bullet train. not as good as the maglev train in china but still nice..its the slow bullet train not the fast one though..

fish markets are also worth seeing though i think they are cracking down on people wandering around there now. have to be there rather early in the morning to see the action. we could never be assed when we went.

the royal palace is an impressive area to walk around.

this website is helpful too

http://www.tokyoessentials.com/index.shtml

lastly something cool we did last time was get a local to give us a tour around. we ended up having two and they took us to some cool shops, as well as showed us some temples and parks etc. well worth it.

http://www.tokyofreeguide.com/

lastly if you want to see temples, there is a region called Nara which is another day trip from Tokyo which was seriously impressive.

i reckon that is ten days worth of things to do, so do your research!

WAcky
11th February 2010, 05:16 PM
lastly if you want to see temples, there is a region called Nara which is another day trip from Tokyo which was seriously impressive.

+1

And then you find out that they've been rebuilt and the originals were like 3 times the size or something. :omg:

sun_moon
20th February 2010, 09:57 PM
if ur going to tokyo and looking for somewhere to stay, i reccomend somewhere close to yamanote line or on the Oedo line.

Jake
23rd February 2010, 10:05 PM
hey went last week do toyota mega web they had 4 hachi rokus

Jake
23rd February 2010, 10:10 PM
and 2000gt and a delorean and heaps of cool cars

bergs86
19th March 2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.jcca.cc/

MOst of the shows are in spring, april-may, or in the later summer months, aug-sept-oct. But they are all over Japan. One of the best closish to Tokyo is the NHOA meeting in May.

http://www.nhoa.jp/