PDA

View Full Version : P's and 4ages

cicca_294
17th February 2010, 08:21 PM
Wanted to know about the laws and restrictions place on p platers.

Is a p plater allowed to drive a ke70 with a 4age transplant?
(engineered or not engineered)

as far as i saw, it was a no, but few blokes on here do it anyways, so wanted to know how yous get around it etc.

Gunner
17th February 2010, 08:46 PM
You just hope you don't get caught. It is illegal, and if you getthe coppers that are into cars, and are assholes, you will be had

AEA-386
17th February 2010, 09:03 PM
indeed but ive been doing it for about 2.5 years havent been caught yet but if you do get caught just cop it on the chin because you are in the wrong

ps if conversion is neat can easily look like the engine is from factory all coppers ive had have no idea its a different motor

cicca_294
17th February 2010, 09:07 PM
when you say 'dnt get caught' do you mean dont get pulled over period; or, dont give them reason to be looking under the bonnet?

Gunner
17th February 2010, 10:39 PM
don't give them the reason in the first place you won't have the issue, and if they do, dont be a dick about it, and hope they are good coppers.

Alexii
17th February 2010, 11:06 PM
nah.. its all good

mates of mine have sr20s in their ke70's
they say nothing. only induction is the illegal part, turbos etc

just try to get it engineerd

Jacobxxx
17th February 2010, 11:45 PM
you're not allowed engine mods, nothing about engine conversions ;)

Richard
18th February 2010, 07:23 AM
I built i full CA18DET conversion but it was full sleeper. Still hubcaps on the car i was good. dont have the car no more tho. just dont be silly and get caught

e7+20v=:)
18th February 2010, 12:37 PM
if you get it engineered like i am your not allowed to drive it, any thing at all to do with engineer reports prohibits you from driveing the vehicle so even if you have say a excel and put bigger brakes on it and get it engineered your banned from driving it. there is a loop hole with the excemption which i'm doing just need a abn number fill in the form and claim you need this vehicle to operate your business and not state work hours or your acutal business all the rta needs to see is the abn number, believe it or not it works my mate did the exact thing and got it two weeks later. Also if you are a mechanic like i am can get a letter from your boss but mines a dick and won't.

Hope that helps a bit

redsprinter
18th February 2010, 12:46 PM
yeah make the conversion look neat and you'll be sweet. run air box. make sure your wiring is neat .. (should be anyways)

got pulled over the other day , and copper asked if there were any mods. after i told him no .didnt believe me, and told me to pop the bonnet.

took one look at it and didnt see anything wrong with it . even tho its supposed to be a 4ac ..

this all happened in a sprinter .. but e7s should be all the same .. to a copper its just another shit box corolla.

to answer your question it is are illegal .. but just be smart about it.

Rice86
18th February 2010, 01:19 PM
iv got pulled over while drivng ae86 with 4age...

story1

COPS says "thats not the stock engine"
ME says "yeah i bought it like that"
COPS says "wire is a bit dodgy, can catch on fire"
Me says "yeah the dude i bought it off did it"

Story 2

Cops "thats not a standard engine is it"
Me "yeah i know, the dude did the conversion, i bought the car so yeah"
Cops "ok, do you know why you got pulled over"
Me "for a random RBT?"
Cops "yeah mate, blow until i say stop" swear that cop wanted my asshole

Story 3

Cops "thats not a normal engine"
Me "yeah i know, i bought it like this, you try finding the original 4AC that works, im sure thats the reason why the last owner had to go with this engine"

Story 4, with my sisters trueno

Cops "who put in the exhaust"
Me "my sister bought it and it came with it, bought this car from dealer ship"
Cops "can i have a look at the engine
Me "sure"
Cops " thats not a standard engine"
Me "yes it is actually, this car is an import and they come with this engine standard"
Cops *thinking WTF, tries to find an air pod, loose battery clamp*
Cops "do you know why i pulled you over"
Me "nope"
Cops "you were doing 60 in a 50 zone"
Me "oh really?...sorry, im not from around here, just driving pass"
Cops "you didnt see the 50 sign 100m back?"
Me "nope, i was watching the traffic lights incase they turned yellow, i saw you pulling out from the shell petrol station though"
Cops "reason why i pulled you over cause you were driving faster then the traffice, everyone one around is a full license and they must be thinking, why can a P plater drive faster then anyone else, ofcorse i was with the traffic and had to pull you over to make sure they knew that someone gets done"
Me " sorry like i said, im not from this area, didnt see the sign, so i stuck to the safe usual speed of 60km, even knowing u were behind me, thats honest truth"
Cops "ok mate, make sure you keep an eye for speed sign, the next sign says 100kmph, so until u PASS that sign, stay 50kmph"
Me "yeah dont need to worry about that"

play it cool and have some luck and it'll work out

Clinton
18th February 2010, 01:46 PM
Before you try to pull one over on the Police, Make sure that you are fluent in shit talking. Polite, Honest, Shit talk.

Richard
18th February 2010, 01:49 PM
Ive been pulled over once because i done a skid and got followed into the hospital cop just told me to pull my head in. other times its just a booze station. had no problems...touch wood

stx-16
18th February 2010, 02:55 PM
once i do mine im going to keep everything stock looking and just chuck some dirt all over it and BOOM stock engine

sundee
18th February 2010, 05:21 PM
when you get pulled over just dont give the cops attitude, but be confident in what your saying and be restpectful. in the end if your a dick, they wont care and you'll ware a fine, if your doing the wrong thing you deserve a fine. so if you argue you could cop EPA.

in the end you cant drive a "Modified CAR" on P's- if your 70 has a 4ag - then its modified.

thu187
18th February 2010, 06:05 PM
As everyone has already said, make it look neat and tidy and hopefully you won't have problems.
I've been RBT'd/pulled over about 14 times. As long as you're polite and act normal (ie. don't start saying more shit than u need to) you won't have any worries. Greet them with a smile. If they come up to you and see you're not a threat then they'll be nice with you. I've only had them check for the rego sticker about 3 times, most time they don't even bother and let me go on my way.

Admittiedly though the shit P platers are doing these days wasn't anywhere near as bad when I was on my P's. So many fools dying, it's nuts. Everyone hates P platers lol and when you're off your P's you can join in on the hating :)

Long story short: Don't attract attention and you won't have problems.

blair
18th February 2010, 06:49 PM
if you get it engineered like i am your not allowed to drive it, any thing at all to do with engineer reports prohibits you from driveing the vehicle so even if you have say a excel and put bigger brakes on it and get it engineered your banned from driving it. there is a loop hole with the excemption which i'm doing just need a abn number fill in the form and claim you need this vehicle to operate your business and not state work hours or your acutal business all the rta needs to see is the abn number, believe it or not it works my mate did the exact thing and got it two weeks later. Also if you are a mechanic like i am can get a letter from your boss but mines a dick and won't.

Hope that helps a bit

That's not a loophole.

Thats illegal you moron.

Way to try and avoid the law by doing something else illegal!! hahaha

lolwat
18th February 2010, 07:01 PM
or jsut be fucking balla and refuse them to look under your bonnet, as they dont have a warrent

Gunner
18th February 2010, 08:18 PM
That's not a loophole.

Thats illegal you moron.

Way to try and avoid the law by doing something else illegal!! hahaha

Its actually illegal on 3 counts, driving an illegally modified vehicle (lack of engineers report) Driving a restricted vehicle (one of the many hoon laws) and providing false details to a government organisation.

So if you were to try that as a loop hole, and made a point of it, chances are you would be raped in anus. 7 times.

Better off, if you are going to do it, not to draw attention, be polite, use your head, and show some respect.

I have never been on my fulls and I have had my red Ps for 7 or 8 years, and NEVER been hassled by the coppers for driving modified cars, of which I have driven a shitload. A few times for driving them irresponsibly, but never for mods, nor the fact I am on a restricted licence.

cicca_294
18th February 2010, 08:21 PM
Its actually illegal on 3 counts, driving an illegally modified vehicle (lack of engineers report) Driving a restricted vehicle (one of the many hoon laws) and providing false details to a government organisation.

So if you were to try that as a loop hole, and made a point of it, chances are you would be raped in anus. 7 times.

Better off, if you are going to do it, not to draw attention, be polite, use your head, and show some respect.

I have never been on my fulls and I have had my red Ps for 7 or 8 years, and NEVER been hassled by the coppers for driving modified cars, of which I have driven a shitload. A few times for driving them irresponsibly, but never for mods, nor the fact I am on a restricted licence.

okay so if its modplated no go?

also, what types of fines are we talkin,

the plan in my mind would be to run it fairly granyspec, and seem like a dumb kid whos bought a car with a cannon and a steering wheel,

pen15
18th February 2010, 08:21 PM
dumb put in an airbox and tie down the battery nice and tight and you will be fine i have been pulled up a few times in my ke70 yes 4kc stock and mine has the jdm 4age they have never even asked if that motor was supposed to be there my engine numbers havent lined up in years

and if they ask is that supposed to be there you tell them "what is a v8?" or something smart ass like that they don't know what is supposed to be there they are not smart enough to check engine numbers and shit they don't wanna get burnt by exhaust manifolds looking for engine numbers

and 1 last tip get an uber quiet exhaust i wanna go really quiet so i can hear my engine over the same old exhaust note

cicca_294
18th February 2010, 08:38 PM
dumb put in an airbox and tie down the battery nice and tight and you will be fine i have been pulled up a few times in my ke70 yes 4kc stock and mine has the jdm 4age they have never even asked if that motor was supposed to be there my engine numbers havent lined up in years

and if they ask is that supposed to be there you tell them "what is a v8?" or something smart ass like that they don't know what is supposed to be there they are not smart enough to check engine numbers and shit they don't wanna get burnt by exhaust manifolds looking for engine numbers

and 1 last tip get an uber quiet exhaust i wanna go really quiet so i can hear my engine over the same old exhaust note

so then it is possible,

okay waht happens if its engineered?

Gunner
18th February 2010, 09:07 PM
there is no legal way about it, if your going to do it, just keep it low profile, and chances are you will not be bothered. Its as simple as that, you know the risk, you know the consequences, if you want to take the risk, be prepared to cop it on the chin.

cicca_294
18th February 2010, 09:13 PM
there is no legal way about it, if your going to do it, just keep it low profile, and chances are you will not be bothered. Its as simple as that, you know the risk, you know the consequences, if you want to take the risk, be prepared to cop it on the chin.

yeh i get it man, its a risk,
what type of trouble can you get into by doin it?

like fines i suppose?

Gunner
18th February 2010, 09:28 PM
yes, might loose your licence, might loose your car, it depends on what your doing, how you speak to the officer, what you have done to your car.

cicca_294
18th February 2010, 09:31 PM
yes, might loose your licence, might loose your car, it depends on what your doing, how you speak to the officer, what you have done to your car.

big fucking risk then,,

ke70dave
18th February 2010, 11:52 PM
i think the confidence when talking to a cop is the big one.

i had some cop try and convince me that he saw me on my phone, he knew he had the upper hand, being a cop and i being a young guy in a "hoon car". he even took my phone off me to try and prove it (which i reckon he coudlnt do) but he coudlnt work out how to use it anyway....but i showed him good and proper my recieved/dialed calls.

but no way was i getting a fine for something i didn't do, and after he realised i wasn't going to be walked over he changed his tone and was all happy.

he didn't even ask about my engine, nardi wheel or recaro seat.

he then proceeded to do a u-turn over a medium strip....bastard.

good "tip" is to turn off your engine when they pull you over, if they hear a burble from your exhaust they may get curious.

and keep your car looking clean, no wheels hanging out of guards, plenty of tread on tyres, no -10 deg camber, and keep the ride height respectable. it doesn't have to be legal, just has to look legal or close to.

dont give them any reason to look harder at your car.

and if you get caught drifting around a round-about, suck it up. you got caught so expect the book thrown at you.

MR-00-NG
18th February 2010, 11:55 PM
not stock, its a no go... ive been followed by cops in the 86 with p's on ive got 4age .. done laps around george st,the cross & bondi w/e nights.. never been pulled over.. just dont be stupid you should be fine

sundee
19th February 2010, 07:11 AM
^^ LAPS ... hehe FULLY HEkitc

Clinton
19th February 2010, 07:53 AM
i done laps around george st,the cross & bondi w/e

That is seriously a classic. Did you get praises shouted at your from all the babes who wanted a ride in the 86 love bed?

Golberg
19th February 2010, 06:31 PM
As everyone has said, 4age is illegal for a p plater in anything it didn't come from.

Its slightly less illegal to have a 4age in an AE71 (because an engineering certificate is not mandatory whereas it is in a KE70). But you're still illegal on the fact that you're driving a engine converted car.

As everybody has said though, keep it neat, clean and respectable and the cops won't hassle you unless you drive stupidly.

MR-00-NG
19th February 2010, 09:50 PM
^^ LAPS ... hehe FULLY HEkitc

yes it was fully sick ulah!!! hehe=]... usually im dezo driver.. need to cut down on the drinking...& i like going to galaxy world!!...& hungry jacks at bondi...

omg so many hot babes wanna jump in my fully done up ride...
seriously they wouldnt give 2 looks....

my car has been out of actiion for almost four months now.. still getting repaired!!

pen15
19th February 2010, 11:42 PM
SOLUTION - buy a jap sprinter end of thread

mods close thread

Gunner
20th February 2010, 07:27 AM
good idea. I still dont understand how one gets a licence but doesn't know the laws, just proves why p platers are killing them selves.

Thread closed.