PDA

View Full Version : Change in the P plate laws

rolla92
20th February 2010, 06:20 PM
Ive been told that on March 1 2010, P platers will be allowed turbo's as long as the car is under 200kw. is this tru or not? a cop told me so it might have a little bit of truth to it.

trikzlane
20th February 2010, 06:42 PM
dont think so, hes trying to trick you

marvis
20th February 2010, 07:36 PM
How do they prove such a thing?

I don't think it's true, they can't make money from it...

corknose
20th February 2010, 07:47 PM
yeh maybe they shouldnt let p's drve cars that are with in 5 years on being built all these kids being killed in cars are all ba falcons and new cars they are just too powerfull.

15LIDE
21st February 2010, 12:27 AM
Best bet to find out the truth ring department of transport and ask, I highly doubt it would be true, there are so many different rumors going around about changes in the p plate laws, I doubt they will change at all
cheers

86TRD
21st February 2010, 12:39 AM
no way in hell , if anything they would bring in more restrictions

ke70dave
21st February 2010, 08:53 AM
yer i heard that when you get your license you get a free turbo or v8 to put into any car you like, and you dont to get it engineered or anything. cut springs are now legal too.

i dont think we are ever going to see a drop in the hoon/p plate laws, its only going to get worse.

one day they will realise that driver education is the key, but that wont make them any money, so we are stuck with laws that dont really help.

OMG866
21st February 2010, 10:21 AM
well said ke70dave. i belive that driver education is the ke aswell. but there is no money in it if everyone is doin the right thing. srsly the community would have to be fkn brain dead not to relise this. its just common sence and no one does anything about it.

driftke70
21st February 2010, 10:44 AM
whats a p plate?

15LIDE
21st February 2010, 11:00 AM
Is a big P that you get a fine for if you no where it hahaha
see they are making money however they can so stupid

rolla92
21st February 2010, 12:42 PM
i was told its because NSW is only power restrictions.

hachi_dk
21st February 2010, 12:59 PM
well said ke70dave. i belive that driver education is the ke aswell. but there is no money in it if everyone is doin the right thing. srsly the community would have to be fkn brain dead not to relise this. its just common sence and no one does anything about it.

that's because common sense isn't that common

Juturna
21st February 2010, 02:07 PM
i dont understand having to wear p-plates.
what does it do? how is being able to identify young drivers at a distance supposed to teach them how to drive or stop them being stupid? am i just missing something?
all i can think of is it allows police to target young drivers.

45KIDS
21st February 2010, 02:26 PM
i get pulled over allll the time. and then mates in way more defectable cars not wearing p plates never get touched.

laws will never get better. only get worse. just stay N/A and wait for opens.

timbo
21st February 2010, 05:18 PM
as with most comments, don't get your hopes up. they only brought back p plates recently and i can't see how they would be relaxing them anytime soon if at all.

the best thing you can ever do as a driver is a defensive driving course. i did one out at willowbank at the end of grade 12. simply the best thing any responsible person can do.

Jacobxxx
23rd February 2010, 11:46 PM
simply the best thing any responsible person should do.
fix'd

racsov
24th February 2010, 12:06 AM
i dont understand having to wear p-plates.
what does it do? how is being able to identify young drivers at a distance supposed to teach them how to drive or stop them being stupid? am i just missing something?
all i can think of is it allows police to target young drivers.

yeah cause dont you know how inexpereienced and dangerous p platers are, i mean most people have never got a speeding fine so they are clearly good drivers :/

i really think there should be a S plate for seniors, if p platers have to wear plates then seniors should be even more liable to, because they generally dont even know whats going on around them

marvis
24th February 2010, 12:19 PM
But they don't HOON!

Can't make moneys off the old geezers.

driftke70
24th February 2010, 01:32 PM
if you have a look at the gov statistics death rates for 70+ are much higher than <25 and that includes passengers from 1-25 years of age that just happened to be in the car.

They are the fastest growing death group too.

jay70
25th February 2010, 08:18 PM
does the defect thing where they impound your car if your caught twice only count for the same car or does it carry over? is there like a time limit where your defect count gets reset like after 6 months or something?

rolla92
25th February 2010, 08:21 PM
i think its the same car.

xsoarerx
25th February 2010, 09:40 PM
nar, its in any car even if its not yours and its carried ove three years from my understanding.

Juturna
25th February 2010, 10:54 PM
yea so the third time..... DONT STOP!!! drive car to mates place,take plates off and reshel/sell...... winner

malohi
22nd May 2010, 10:42 PM
You get towed on the second offence of the same type within 3 years (for offences of unreg/unlic/high drink drive) and for the first offence for doing a burnout or strret racing. This is for a period of 48 hours.

If the car has already been towed once and you get caught again they will tow again for 48 hours and apply to court to have the car impounded for 3 months at owners expense. But it is rare for the court to put it in place because it generally is not the drivers car and having it impounded would put the owner out too much.