PDA

View Full Version : timing light

redsprinter
23rd February 2010, 11:41 AM
hi guys .

what should i look for or will any timing light do the trick . looking at spending 30-50max on it.

ke70dave
23rd February 2010, 01:27 PM
not a whole lot of difference in them.

i got one from repco i think, was like 50$.

only complaint is the chassis on mine isnt the best, and the trigger has broken, so i need to depress the little switch with my finger.

other than that it flashes good.

try and get a smallish one, so you can monouver it into a good spot. mine is fairly chunky (gun type), and sometimes a bit hard to get into a good spot.

squish_m8
23rd February 2010, 05:07 PM
there isn't really much to them so pretty much any will do the trick

I picked up my last one on hard rubbish and it works a treat :D

Tim.duncan
25th February 2010, 06:31 AM
i got one from a gaurage sale for 10 bucks and its still had the original case, destructions, and even the reciept for purchanse!!

Mine has a dial on the back of gun that changes when the light flashes. so instead of trying to dial in for example 10 deg off the crank pulley, you dial in 10 deg on the dial on the gun and then set the crank pully to "0". Makes life a little easier, from a store this feature normally bumps up the price so may be alittle more pricey.

you could always get a snap on one!! doubt it would be 50 bucks though mmmmmmm snap on

thu187
1st March 2010, 06:04 PM
yo redsprinter,
I need to do my timing as well because i took my dizzy out and i'm a moron/nub and didn't mark where the rotor was facing lol

I'm getting one off my friend if you need to borrow it you're more than welcome to

dustyae86
2nd March 2010, 02:08 PM
haha snap on ones are in the vicinity of $900