View Full Version : Ke70 slanty front,1.6

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd February 2010, 11:44 AM
For sale:KE70 corolla

Asking Price: $3000

Killometer's: engine:15000ks body:250000ks

Manual or Automatic transmission: 5 speed man

Engine Type: 4-ac 1.6

Condition:over all its pretty tidy,just needs some love...my bro lost interest.

Rust:yes in the L/H rear wheel arch and neer the boot latch,can supply rust repair sections if you want them,but will get a quick fill repair for RWC.

Dents:yes in the R/H side doors,body it's self is strait

Paint Cond:factory gold paint,in ok condition

Modifications: 14" SSR meshies,CD Player,exhaust,pedders front springs,falcon rears,fender mirrors,tacho dash,its a ke70 with a 4-ac conversion.

Road Worth Certificate:Yes

Registration:Yes,I'll update till when later,theres a fair bit left though.

Crash History:None

Other Comment's about the vehicle:Its awesome....lol.
Interiors clean,runs well,make a good daily.or finsh if off..wouldnt take much to put an age in and fix the body.some nice paint would be almost new agian.
If I left anything out my bro will tell me later.

Pics later......upload em later.

AE71 InSaNiTy
23rd February 2010, 01:22 PM
If it has the 1.6L 4-AC in it from factory... the car is in fact a Toyota Corolla AE71. They are worth a bit more then the KE70. Just thought I would let you know. They are perfect to drop the 4A-GE into, unlike the KE-70 that requires alot more work.

djscheppy
23rd February 2010, 01:28 PM
If it has the 1.6L 4-AC in it from factory... the car is in fact a Toyota Corolla AE71. They are worth a bit more then the KE70. Just thought I would let you know. They are perfect to drop the 4A-GE into, unlike the KE-70 that requires alot more work.

From the looks of things InSaNiTy, it seems that the engine and the body both have different numbers of KMs, which means that the engine and gearbox were transplanted from a different car (AE86/AE71). The KE70 came in both flatfront and slanty front.

Still has the engine mounts and right gearbox for a 4AGE, so the transplant is just as easy as it is in a AE71.

Good luck with the sale. Decent price, but pics would be good.

AE71 InSaNiTy
23rd February 2010, 06:59 PM
For sale:KE70 corolla

Killometer's: engine:15000ks body:250000ks

Yeah, I didn't read that bit LOL...

It SHOULD be mod plated/engineered for the conversion then, as it is increasing from the 1.3L 4K to the 1.6L 4AC (which is more then 15% increase in engine capacity). That then makes it illegal for P-Platers to drive.

But yeah, it's ready to drop a 4AGE into.

Goodluck with the sale!

shift_rook
23rd February 2010, 07:18 PM
incorrect insanity, a friend of mine even registered a 4age into a ke70, he just said to vicroads that the 4a engine comes out of the same body, meaning same brakes etc, etc. and there's no mod plates in victoria, just an engineers certificate, josh proves my point bgy supplying car with rwc and reg

AE71 InSaNiTy
23rd February 2010, 08:48 PM
incorrect insanity, a friend of mine even registered a 4age into a ke70, he just said to vicroads that the 4a engine comes out of the same body, meaning same brakes etc, etc. and there's no mod plates in victoria, just an engineers certificate, josh proves my point bgy supplying car with rwc and reg

Hmmmm,

I'm pretty sure I'm correct. From a NSW perspective I am. It's in the guidelines laid by the RTA: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_20 07.pdf

That's NSW I know, but I'm pretty sure VIC has something very similar.

More info: http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=6619&page=2

The engine mounts have to be changed and the increase in engine capacity is increased by more then 15%, even if the rest of the chassis is identical.

I don't know what a RWC certificate is, but in NSW you DO need an engineers certificate to pass a 4A-GE in a KE70 so you would need one for the 4A-C. This is why the AE71 is better then the KE70.

Theres heaps about it on Rollaclub and here.

Regards,

Stephen

ikus
23rd February 2010, 09:03 PM
yeah legally in nsw your ment to get it engineered but who cares what the rules are, it would be pretty easy to get the 4ac through a rwc. look at half the cars on here that have passed rego there far from legal.

AE71 InSaNiTy
23rd February 2010, 09:10 PM
yeah legally in nsw your ment to get it engineered but who cares what the rules are, it would be pretty easy to get the 4ac through a rwc. look at half the cars on here that have passed rego there far from legal.

Yeah I know,

...But from a P-Platers perspective... cops HATE US. Anything they can find, no matter how small, they will use against us.

If there wasn't this garbage about P-Platers not aloud to drive vehicles that have an engineering certficate, I would come and have a look at yours for sale, it's nice BTW LOL.

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd February 2010, 09:46 PM
Cheers Chris,
I done the conversion with my brother,its his car..we were "going to" put a 4age in it next but he changes his mind too much....you watch,if it doesn't sell in the first 2 weeks he'll be talking about keeping it agian....he's just a sook with no self control....haha
In fact,at vicroads they didnt even care if it was a 1.6 or not...I said to him that it had increasd in capacity,from 1.3 to 1.6 and he told me it didn't matter all he needed was the engine number...So I'd imagine an age wouldn't be a problem either!
also,"Modifications: 14" SSR meshies,CD Player,exhaust,pedders front springs,falcon rears,fender mirrors,tacho dash,its a ke70 with a 4-ac conversion"
looks like the k's wasnt the only thing you didnt read,hahahahahaha

I was going to take some pics today...but ahh,you dont wanna see it atm,lol!!
those white doors i mentioned will be fitted now,along with a white R/H guard...haha
my bro fucked it today.....lol,just the guard though,nothing major. will be fixed this weekend....might even look at a respray,depends what happens?

sorry

Josh

Joshie_Mcslide
23rd February 2010, 10:12 PM
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/critical_movement/P1020929-1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/critical_movement/P1020926-1.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/critical_movement/P1020881-1.jpg
found these from a few months ago,will take some of the dammage from today and some after and under shots later....you get ther idea though,it also had the valour seats from the ae71 we wrecked two tone brown/tan,interiors nice.

Hokey
23rd February 2010, 10:20 PM
holy shit way to ruin his thread insanity. sif anyone would bother engineering a 4ac into a ke70. and a ke70 is only worth less than an ae71 becuase it has a 4k and cable clutch setup but this has a 4ac and hydro clutch with a t50 so cancels that out too...

AE71 InSaNiTy
24th February 2010, 01:03 PM
...its a ke70 with a 4-ac conversion
looks like the k's wasnt the only thing you didnt read,hahahahahaha

Josh

Hmmm missed that bit too, I'll shut up next time.

Just a bit annoyed because you can't legally drive a 4A-GE KE70 on your P's... because it is supposed to be engineered... I really wanted one... but now I have to find an AE-71.

It looks a neat car and goodluck with the sale.

I kept the thread bumped up anyway LOL.

ikus
27th February 2010, 11:54 AM
im on my greens and i drive my bigport ke daily in nsw. iv been pulled over by cops twice in it, they dont even realize that the 4age isnt stock. i do have it engineered now though. and yeah i guess i could get unlucky and get a cop that knows whats going on, but it hasnt happened yet.

nice clean ke by the way josh! sorry to fill your thread with crap.

Joshie_Mcslide
27th March 2010, 08:43 AM
Not for sale anymore......told ya's! lol
This should be getting fresh paint and a 4age after all!

Dazzla86
28th March 2010, 06:21 PM
Hmmm missed that bit too, I'll shut up next time.

Just a bit annoyed because you can't legally drive a 4A-GE KE70 on your P's... because it is supposed to be engineered... I really wanted one... but now I have to find an AE-71.

It looks a neat car and goodluck with the sale.

I kept the thread bumped up anyway LOL.

if your that worried, start walkin everywhere an see how fun it is.....