PDA

View Full Version : Car Updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

worked
7th May 2009, 10:58 PM
It does have some history, you only have to look to the left of the screen to see those carbs aiding in some bakeage in your old bus.

i'd like to thank sava intensas for making it possible
making 60kw seem like 600kw since '97
fuck i love those tyres, every other tyre has like a whisp of smoke, those babies just chalked!

DAN-86
7th May 2009, 11:50 PM
Sava tyres FTW, shit grip, shit everything, but man they can smoke ;)

JoshKE
8th May 2009, 12:07 AM
I'm sure I can get some classical 1850's smoke going with one of the pairs of classics kicking about.

Depending on hangover levels Sunday I hopefully might have a motor that turns over.

tom210
8th May 2009, 02:34 AM
sweet as josh, bring back some black bonnet bus memories, those were the days lol might have some classics here... maybe :jdmsmile:

10000rpm
8th May 2009, 07:59 AM
update

Heaps

jzx81 ready for skids

Awesome stuff mate...

Looking forward to seeing this in action, hopefully you have removed that wall magnet..lol

So, looks like a few toyotas at Symmons amongst a sea of Nissans..

joshz18
8th May 2009, 08:27 AM
you should get the engine turned over today joshy and then you'd be right for symmons saturday haha, doooo it, hopefully you ed and daim get sorted for rnd 3 will be sick to see them all in action

klusio
8th May 2009, 10:22 AM
lol rolla train, see youall tomorrow (some tonight) kents! take it sleazy..

ae71
8th May 2009, 05:06 PM
what sorta time skids on tomorrow?

might come out for a peek

worked
8th May 2009, 05:21 PM
maximum toyota-age will be at round 3, basky
*insert terminator like music* it's the day we fight back, haha
with daimon j, josho, kieran, skin and rogers it'll be a good show!

klusio
8th May 2009, 07:08 PM
08.00 Commencement Of scrutineering
09.00 End of scrutineering
09.10 Drivers briefing
09.30 Practice runs
11.00 Qualifying starts/practice continues.
12.00 Lunch break
12.30 Drivers briefing
12.45 SPG Tasmanian State Series - Top 16 competition.
03.00 Twin Drift competition
03.30 Raffle drawn and trophy presentation.
04.00 Win a Ride runs & free practice.
04.30 Track closed. (Cleaning and Sweeping).

Skid_KE70
8th May 2009, 08:09 PM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9981/img0374u.jpg (http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0374u.jpg)

ae71
8th May 2009, 09:10 PM
cheers keiran,

really want to see josmashes bus out there!

10000rpm
9th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Holy Frigging crap...

What a day, Young Rogers debuted his new car in a fit of fury...Finally got to see a 3sgte sprinter being driven properly ...this man is someone to watch... Serious balls out entries over the start line...brought back memories of Beau yates minus the wall love...

And to think I thought Tas had no talent..lol...not in a Nissan anyway...Two toyotas in the top three, (2nd pos in a Toyota bodied car anyway)..Leigh Pidwell is a freak...

Resident old opinionated fart...lol

Skid_KE70
9th May 2009, 09:34 PM
Holy Frigging crap...

What a day, Young Rogers debuted his new car in a fit of fury...Finally got to see a 3sgte sprinter being driven properly ...

word.
mark was going awsome, the new car is minty fresh
i think the level has deffinetly come up a notch this year
good to see some new guys out there also

keep it up guys, the sport is growing

worked
10th May 2009, 07:44 PM
Holy Frigging crap...

What a day, Young Rogers debuted his new car in a fit of fury...Finally got to see a 3sgte sprinter being driven properly ...this man is someone to watch... Serious balls out entries over the start line...brought back memories of Beau yates minus the wall love...

And to think I thought Tas had no talent..lol...not in a Nissan anyway...Two toyotas in the top three, (2nd pos in a Toyota bodied car anyway)..Leigh Pidwell is a freak...

Resident old opinionated fart...lol

pretty sure that was a fucking sick round, everyone in tas has stepped up so much.
if people like pidwell, that josh coote dude and mike truscott come over, and have their work cut out for them like they did, you cannot tell me everyone in tas is talentless. show me some evidence!!!

ae71
13th May 2009, 05:03 PM
getting rid of a heap of scrap metal (wrecked t-18)

has good 3tc, pedal box and a few other bits that maybe of some use

$150 the lot delivered to Launceston area this sat only

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=420172

Delazy
14th May 2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/1/14426.jpg

worked
14th May 2009, 07:12 PM
^^ yew

s14seriesII
17th May 2009, 10:38 PM
for those of you that dont visit ns or h.r or even the track.. then update for me is the race car is semi finished and so far chalks 3rd

also finished 4th at the symmons round of the state drift series

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14197.jpg

Jonny Rochester
17th May 2009, 11:37 PM
I'm keen to get a look at that car at some stage. Are you still going to race it?

s14seriesII
17th May 2009, 11:42 PM
yes very keen to race it got to finish off a few things to get the car inspected for cams log book etc..
and keen to do the next hillclimb or club day that comes up.. the R154 should be in and finsihed by the end of the week hopefully

Jonny Rochester
17th May 2009, 11:56 PM
I guess with the R154, you will know exactly where the centre of gravity is. Very few guys in their 20s are able to get to a race event.

s14seriesII
18th May 2009, 12:01 AM
lol yes jonny its about another 10kg heavier than the w58... but i guess thats the price you pay to have horsepower on tap

s14seriesII
18th May 2009, 10:57 PM
sovM35674jw

top 4 battles round 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovM35674jw)

klusio
19th May 2009, 12:56 AM
mark + interwebz = fail

Update:
colour chosen, engine bay painted this week (its dark and metallic)
cage is in and complete

Cerby86
19th May 2009, 01:00 AM
looks good mark!

I'm considering having a go at the next practice day and i was just wanting to get some details confirmed as a few things aren't clear on the web site.
Do i need any cams licensing?
Secondary bonnet restraint. Recommended or necessary ( just cos the entry forms seem to say it is necessary to pass scrutineering even though the site says no scrutineering!!)
The next one is on the 13th right? How late can i enter before i have to pay more?
Also whats the go for getting the car home if/when i pop something? I've got two two tow cars but no trailer and i broke mals last time i used it :P
Who do i talk to about making sure it rains??

s14seriesII
19th May 2009, 08:28 AM
yes minimum of a level 2ns licence approx 56$
yes secondary bonnet restraint is a must and i will be conducting quick inspections
june 13th is the next practice day
car trailor is up to you nothing to do with us
rain... no thanks

kieran lol that imbed code worked on ns just doesnt work here, but the link works doesnt it ?

Cerby86
19th May 2009, 01:33 PM
whats the best way to do a secondary bonnet restraint without using bonnet pins?

koolstik
19th May 2009, 01:52 PM
a leather belt or a chain and a carabiner

Cerby86
19th May 2009, 02:28 PM
sounds like my style :P
All i have to do now is get some swaybar d bushes and fit my new swaybars and score some skinny tires!
We will see how the funds go cos i know that my rego is due about the same time!

koolstik
19th May 2009, 02:51 PM
bah don't need rego :p

skin
20th May 2009, 08:00 PM
go to your local engineering type shop, down here we have a place called BJR.

They sell the wire strand things with plastic insulation, crip two eyelets onto it, bolt one eyelet to car put a little shackle around the bonnet

Check medwins ride thread

Skid_KE70
20th May 2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/1/14426.jpg

that mag will be useful for your mum to read in the passenger seat whilst you expand your driving skills.

Prewer
21st May 2009, 09:31 AM
^^lol

Hey Daim, any luck with the Ksev, got it running?

klusio
21st May 2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone got a set of 4age 100kw small port cam covers?

PM me please :)

klusio
21st May 2009, 09:17 PM
Also selling the Cressida 1980 MX32 4m 2.6, auto, 223,xxx km just serviced,5 months rego, no rust, very straight, very tidy interior, excellent over all condition. (daims old car)

$2000 ono. with 14" standard wheels, chrome bands and good tyres.
$3000 ono. with 15x8 superlites wheels, good tyres.

Only selling to help fund my now over and out ae86 project budget.

worked
22nd May 2009, 12:25 AM
tas = home of the tweaked bus

JoshKE
22nd May 2009, 12:35 PM
Australia's toughest KE gave me a horn today, even with the run in tune. Quality build, it'll be a fucken animal once ran in!

Skid_KE70
22nd May 2009, 08:27 PM
Haha,,, i dont know about tough... but i do know BOOST CUT is so gay
200klms to go.. who wants to tune it?

ae71
22nd May 2009, 09:40 PM
ill come and test drive it if you wish...

he will test drive the shit out of it

worked
22nd May 2009, 11:43 PM
i nominate one M ROGERS with the tuning assignment at hand
lets run that shit in this weekend and roadtrip to hobart to fuck that boostcut off and get some psi's into her, cracks me up it can't get up hills without careful throttle negotiation

update: the ugly duckling of longfords KE population also lives and drives
it survived the 'munj up my street' test, so as far as i'm concerned it's good to go

just waiting on a certain white carb 4ag ke70 now.....
i'm sure the owner is doing something cool right now, like making a dandelion necklace or some shit
*ed lights the fire again...*
see you tomoz J HO

JoshKE
23rd May 2009, 12:34 AM
Hahahah.

Pretty sad, it'll be the slowest Near Miss bus. The only N/A!

s14seriesII
23rd May 2009, 05:40 PM
update for me with a little bit of extra poundage the track car now chalks 4th gear pretty easily still with a 3.9 diff..

also got the front bar painted thanks to wells bodyworks,

gave it a bit of a wash and fitted a few more window trim bits

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14545.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14546.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14547.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14548.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14549.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14550.jpg

s14seriesII
24th May 2009, 06:01 PM
put the race car on the weigh bridge this arvo 970kg.. compelte with passenger seat and mounts, bout 1/3 tank of fuel.. not too bad

will be adding 10kg when i change to the R154 box but theres still more to take out of it yet like carbon bonnet and rear hatch window to do in lexen, theres also a little bit of sound deadning on the firewall left too..

cky767
24th May 2009, 10:16 PM
that s13 behind your sprinter, was it broght written off? front right guard pushed back to the wheel arch? oh good work with the race car too lol :) looks good with a few sponsors

s14seriesII
24th May 2009, 10:41 PM
nah the parts that are on that car came off the crashed one and also swapped motor/box, full rear cradle, interior, etc.. its not mine either

klusio
24th May 2009, 11:43 PM
Update: defected to insuficant suspension travel ...

JoshKE
24th May 2009, 11:59 PM

Ouch, in the cressy?

Update for me, after some hard work done by Clarkie, Ed and I, my bus now runs, pretty chuffed. Just small things, but should be on the road driving by the end of the week.
Cant thank the guys enough for the help over the weekend. Will be great to get back out there.

Sucks I'll only be making less than 100kW, seems pathetic compared to most worked buses getting around now!

s14seriesII
25th May 2009, 12:32 AM
yeh kez was in the cressy :)

started doing the flat carbon panels to use as door trims today came up ok but ill do the next one with the dry carbon look so it will match the dash when i get round to it.. coz this one looks a bit ricey lol

now to cut to shape and cut out a hole for the door opener

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/1/4/14638.jpg

Skid_KE70
25th May 2009, 12:32 AM
Fucking mint..

s14seriesII
25th May 2009, 12:38 AM
oh and also ordered a techno toy tuning 20valve quad throttle adaptor last week going to machine it up and weld a new flange on it for the 3s.. :)

cky767
25th May 2009, 12:32 PM
nah the parts that are on that car came off the crashed one and also swapped motor/box, full rear cradle, interior, etc.. its not mine either

ah ok yeh bloke from work had it and pranged it up the mountain lol motor seemed to go pretty hard though

Prewer
25th May 2009, 10:50 PM
my 71 is now in bits pretty much in bits ready for manual conversion, just need a 910mm extension drive and im all set to drop box

auto pedal box is out, slave cylinder line is ran.

woot for me, im special

skin
26th May 2009, 01:15 AM
in the jzx100?

skin
26th May 2009, 01:16 AM
^dw about that lol was reading few pages back then hit reply...dum ass

JoshKE
26th May 2009, 02:43 AM
Took my bus for a quick squirt, carbs need tuning and timing was way out, motor feels strong though, should be ok once tuned. Looking forward to it.

worked
26th May 2009, 07:24 PM
wind heaps of timing into it
they need 30+ degrees static as the timing is locked, it should be a little hard to start, and then you know your in the mint region
fuck it i'll come around with a timing light this week

skin
26th May 2009, 10:53 PM
sounds good josh!!

Ive been driving the mark 2 around a lot tonight, brings a massive smile evertime lol

Such a sick car i love it, turns a few heads too lol

Just need hit something in it now so then i wont be scared to go hard

JoshKE
27th May 2009, 12:24 AM
wind heaps of timing into it
they need 30+ degrees static as the timing is locked, it should be a little hard to start, and then you know your in the mint region
fuck it i'll come around with a timing light this week

Yeah I remembered it was locked to 30adv on yours, isn't doing much at the moment though, ignition module carked it tonight, well that's the guess as I've lost spark, Clarkie the champion is sorting out another one at lunch time tomorrow. Should pop up tomorrow night with the timing light if you want man! Actually, I'll shoot you a messo.

Looking forward to the prac day down Hobart, are you heading down Joash?

klusio
28th May 2009, 09:32 PM
think marc has put it all into a t18 shell?

DAN-86
29th May 2009, 08:26 PM
Think i seen your bus today Ed,

You got 2 primer patches on your boot? and did you drive up past SJ's around 2ish?

Sturgey
29th May 2009, 08:37 PM
could be ed or tom slater :\
i know ts just hsaved his boot lawl and has primer patches

klusio
29th May 2009, 09:16 PM
Anyone interested in a set of 15x8 -4 superlites?
might sell mine, send me a pm if so

kewagon
31st May 2009, 08:28 PM

me to :( tyres to big (195's on 9.5's..... lol WTF??) and tyres impacting body, not cool

Delazy
31st May 2009, 08:37 PM
me to :( tyres to big (195's on 9.5's..... lol WTF??) and tyres impacting body, not cool

lol, serious?? dnt hear about ppl getting defects for ages then all of a sudden a couple rather stupid ones a few days apart

kewagon
31st May 2009, 08:42 PM
yer, no joke, he pulled 3 of us over and went lookin for stuff to defect us on, nothin better to do at 2 in the mornin obviously

klusio
1st June 2009, 12:16 AM
Hmmm well that time of the day in hootersville 3 cars traveling together like that...
and the rest of the dodgy crew to go with it, its calling for verhicle inspections lol
JP mark n I got caught at IC on christmas night 2 years back like this lol

worked
1st June 2009, 07:07 PM
rogers = bit of a dab hand tuning buses it appears
mint job knackerbag!!
was such a cold trip home tho!!!

s14seriesII
1st June 2009, 07:40 PM
haha no heaters ftl....

ae71
2nd June 2009, 12:59 PM
maybe being out at 2 in the morning didnt help?

i copped a tyre fine at around 12am.. the tyres wernt even down to the markers but they had the walls of them cut the shit out of (could have done me for tyres impacting on body?)

Jonny Rochester
2nd June 2009, 11:53 PM
My update: moving towards trying to get inspection and rego for my 86 soon. Will have to get fresh paint another time.

Need:
battery clamp
trumpet filters
heater hoses (Co-Op are too slow)
exhaust system

Cerby86
3rd June 2009, 12:18 AM
you should take it to carline on browns road near kingston for the exhaust jonny! He does good work and he doesn't feck you around!! If you need some one to tow the car down for you let me know!

worked
3rd June 2009, 12:29 AM
just noticed your signature there cerby
sounds like something that needs to be settled at the third post
laun vs hobart
oh, update...my car is sorted, just needs paint and a decent alignment

JoshKE
3rd June 2009, 12:52 AM
Update for mine.

Engine is getting excessively smokey, has a slight knock that I'm yet to pinpoint, plus more things that are fucking me off.

Wondering if to spend the money getting a tune or start building another motor...

Cerby86
3rd June 2009, 01:01 AM
yeah i wondered how long it would take you to spot that :P
So it comes from two things. firstly because of your sig i felt i should point out that northern people = poo hahah
and also one of my friends is doing education at launnie uni and she took this guy home one night only to be woken up much later by him going for a sneaky back door! Hence surprise sodomist!! I'm trying with the help of a few friends to turn the "surprise sodomist" into a bit of an urban legend!
We did it once before with a story about the "boofta chonk" which is apparently the tassie bunyip according to this guy we met once who had walked three days out on this trail and set up camp and started taking drugs...lots of drugs! We camped at the same spot as him after he had been going for two days and he told us all sorts of crazed, rambling, nonsensical stories!!
Anyway the point is we spread the story every where we went until finally i had another person tell it to me in a pub somewhere!!! So the story was spreading itself!
So yeah im doing the same with the surprise sodomist! Careful girls....and guys....he is out there.....in launnie....but he makes occasional trips to hobart when he decides he needs some ring that isn't attached to something hideous!!

Oh and regarding the wheel alignment. I got one the other day and according to the guy my "by eye" alignment was 26mm out!!! But as he then went on to tell me he had set it to factory settings (2mm toe in and ?+3/4 castor?) despite the fact i told him to go zero toe and +2 castor i ignored him! Oh and apparently the xt130 LCAs have given me -3/4 camber!! I would have thought it would be closer to -2 but whatever

Delazy
3rd June 2009, 01:09 AM
yeah i wondered how long it would take you to spot that :P
So it comes from two things. firstly because of your sig i felt i should point out that northern people = poo hahah
and also one of my friends is doing education at launnie uni and she took this guy home one night only to be woken up much later by him going for a sneaky back door! Hence surprise sodomist!! I'm trying with the help of a few friends to turn the "surprise sodomist" into a bit of an urban legend!
We did it once before with a story about the "boofta chonk" which is apparently the tassie bunyip according to this guy we met once who had walked three days out on this trail and set up camp and started taking drugs...lots of drugs! We camped at the same spot as him after he had been going for two days and he told us all sorts of crazed, rambling, nonsensical stories!!
Anyway the point is we spread the story every where we went until finally i had another person tell it to me in a pub somewhere!!! So the story was spreading itself!
So yeah im doing the same with the surprise sodomist! Careful girls....and guys....he is out there.....in launnie....but he makes occasional trips to hobart when he decides he needs some ring that isn't attached to something hideous!!

that my friends is wat living south of hobart does to you lol :DD

10000rpm
3rd June 2009, 11:54 AM
Update for mine.

Engine is getting excessively smokey, has a slight knock that I'm yet to pinpoint, plus more things that are fucking me off.

Wondering if to spend the money getting a tune or start building another motor...

Thats rooted mate...

I did have a spare motor, but unfortunately have now sold it...

If it was me I would just do a rough tune and thrash the shit out it and keep an eye out for another motor...

Regards

Scott

worked
3rd June 2009, 05:41 PM
Update for mine.

you'll need to tune it regardless so do that, see if it helps your problems in any way, and if it doesn't you haven't lost money
gay as tho, but we'll sort her.

JoshKE
3rd June 2009, 08:55 PM
Thats rooted mate...

I did have a spare motor, but unfortunately have now sold it...

If it was me I would just do a rough tune and thrash the shit out it and keep an eye out for another motor...

Regards

Scott

Yeah, it is pretty average, thinking thats what I'll do hey, might just pop it open after a tune if its still carrying on, then probably just flog it until it dies.

you'll need to tune it regardless so do that, see if it helps your problems in any way, and if it doesn't you haven't lost money
gay as tho, but we'll sort her.

Yeah going to see if I can still get in Friday with Peter, Leighs bus will be in there Friday also.

Any SR halfcuts getting about? Hahah... kidding.

Sturgey
4th June 2009, 03:41 AM
i got a bigport long motor with a blown headgasket sitting here if ur interested josh?

ae71
4th June 2009, 12:20 PM
a tune will fix over rich fuel smoke, a tune will also fix pinging which is also refured to as knocking if mixures are the other way :P

cky767
4th June 2009, 01:05 PM
i got a bigport long motor with a blown headgasket sitting here if ur interested josh?

how much are you after for that sturgey? ill be needing a power upgrade from the tired ol 4ac before too long lol

JoshKE
4th June 2009, 04:11 PM

Yeah actually I am mate, will send you a messo.

a tune will fix over rich fuel smoke, a tune will also fix pinging which is also refured to as knocking if mixures are the other way :P

I know the difference between both mate.... Can't actually run anything other than BP ultimate without it pinging at 30deg advanced.

worked
4th June 2009, 06:24 PM
aaron the togue warrior wasn't jawin at you josh, think it was aimed at floody tellin him engines can produce unburnt fuel smoke too or something similar.

s14seriesII
4th June 2009, 10:42 PM
hmm funny enough i have seen small puffs of oil smoke coming out of good engines when they are detonating.. so new tune would fix that but i would say this isnt what he is talking about..

and floody yours would have to come 2nd to a stock ecu equiped fj20 dr30 skyline.. god damn i had to pull over and wait for the black smoke to clear before i could keep driving

worked
4th June 2009, 11:03 PM
lol! i knew what you were replying to chief, i think aaron was just trying to point out that maybe josh was meaning a different smoke to the one you thought, cb that convo anyway.
i feel the webers would be a worthy match to an rb in the production of excessive fuel that the engine can not burn.
when i told pete mckenzie (local weber tuning guru) i had 48dcoes on a 4ag his reply was ''how many spare sets of plugs are you bringing?''
bit sad that the next time those carbs see basky they'll be in front of a better driver. shit!

s14seriesII
4th June 2009, 11:13 PM
LOL! I reckon, I'm sure the ecus just have a wot->100% duty switch!

thats the easiest way to tune a car... at wot have injetors at 100% then turn boost up to suit lol

ae71
5th June 2009, 03:08 PM
i knew exactly what you ment floody, i was being a "smart arse"

i seem to remember back in the day when i first put a weber on the ol rolla without being tuned and running 98.. it would chug out black smoke, then taking off at the lights you could see the cloud threw the lights of someone behind you in the rear vision mirror haha.

skin
8th June 2009, 02:32 AM
lol! i knew what you were replying to chief, i think aaron was just trying to point out that maybe josh was meaning a different smoke to the one you thought, cb that convo anyway.
i feel the webers would be a worthy match to an rb in the production of excessive fuel that the engine can not burn.
when i told pete mckenzie (local weber tuning guru) i had 48dcoes on a 4ag his reply was ''how many spare sets of plugs are you bringing?''
bit sad that the next time those carbs see basky they'll be in front of a better driver. shit!

Details on said webber guru?

Mate down here with freshly rebuilt 18-rg with a grands worth of rebuilt 45mm webbers on em and cant get em running spot on.

worked
8th June 2009, 01:29 PM
pete mckenzie at bathurst st workshop in launceston, just before the shell servo heading into town if you come off the southern outlet
cost me 170 to get mine shimmed up, put 36mm chokes in etc and tuned and considering it was on a rooted bigport bottom end with heaps of blowby had a litre in my catch can after basky prac day) i was wrapped with the job he did

Delazy
8th June 2009, 02:06 PM
Details on said webber guru?

Mate down here with freshly rebuilt 18-rg with a grands worth of rebuilt 45mm webbers on em and cant get em running spot on.

u mean craigs engine is actually together now?

cky767
8th June 2009, 02:35 PM
does anybody have any front adm 86 calipers for sale or they might consider selling, just pulled mine apart and the pistons and slave cylinder are all rusted out and stuffed :( or if there are any other corolla's that have the same caliper or one that fits?
cheers

brad
8th June 2009, 03:45 PM
hey guys sold my car, i have a few bits and pieces for sale also
t series diffs t50 etc
check thread
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7131
seems wierd not having a toy anymore...

-leigh-
12th June 2009, 10:03 PM
I rate pete mckenzie highly also! He tuned my bus! Running well! :) was pinging abit but thats cause I didn't have decent fuel in her!

10000rpm
14th June 2009, 02:23 PM
Can't find spotto, so will post here..lol

Spoonta for sale in todays examiner...$5500 ...anyone off here??

joshz18
15th June 2009, 05:03 PM
i'll be piloting a twin webbered 4k ke70 wet weather beast as of tonight haha, should have stayed away but i need a car to get to and from work due to a change of jobs leaving me with out a workvan, But should be fun anyway, anyone good at balancing carbies and setting up the jetting of them.

Delazy
15th June 2009, 06:04 PM
i'll be piloting a twin webbered 4k ke70 wet weather beast as of tonight haha, should have stayed away but i need a car to get to and from work due to a change of jobs leaving me with out a workvan, But should be fun anyway, anyone good at balancing carbies and setting up the jetting of them.

wtf lol..tuff..dunno where or how u seem to find all these cheap shitters

oh and if u havent seen my build thread i now own a coffee table known as a genuine carbon runfree bonnet

Water Boy
15th June 2009, 06:58 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=12454&latest=1

klusio
15th June 2009, 07:00 PM
For all you chumps that dont view HR updated my build thread..
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=4834

klusio
15th June 2009, 07:02 PM
cheap...

joshz18
15th June 2009, 09:21 PM
perhaps you need to sell me the seats out of your sprinter lazy

Delazy
15th June 2009, 09:59 PM
perhaps you need to sell me the seats out of your sprinter lazy
yeh alright...1k then i can replace them with velos straight away lol...

james might have some t18 seats he doesnt want/need...who knows...he'd have something for sure

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
16th June 2009, 12:02 AM
cheap...

:thumbup: So buy it before I decide against selling it!

Jonny Rochester
16th June 2009, 12:23 AM
55k spent. Mind boggling. Mine has cost $15k total, counting every bolt and peice of sticky tape.

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
16th June 2009, 12:26 AM
55k spent. Mind boggling. Mine has cost $15k total, counting every bolt and peice of sticky tape.

Apples and oranges Jonny ;) Thats only what I have receipts for, not including the quick trips to Nuts and Bolts, Nubco, etc where its $20, $30, $50 here there and everywhere.... certainly adds up fast 8|

joshz18
16th June 2009, 07:07 PM
i bought these seats off jonny, they used to be in aarons yellow sprinter, unfortunately the ke70 must be slightly narrower where the seats go, they can be forced in there but i'd prefer not to, so will swap for t18 or ae86 seats. rails fitted for sprinter

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=789957

klusio
16th June 2009, 10:44 PM
easy fit josh, bit of a tap with a hammer, or i can weld some tabs on if you like etc.

joshz18
17th June 2009, 08:46 AM
nah its not that the seat is physically to wide between the trans tunel and the pillar for the ke haha
might have a play tonight again

Prewer
18th June 2009, 07:29 PM
Manual setup now in the rolla, bring on skids, lol.

New exhaust tomorow, full hectik 2 inch all the way and some ricey chrome muffler FTW

Sturgey
18th June 2009, 07:40 PM
go bozo pipes lol not canon

Gordie
20th June 2009, 05:55 PM
+1 canons just look weird on ke's

Prewer
21st June 2009, 10:54 PM
Its not a cannon, rather one of those twin tip angled mufflers.

Got a hotdog muffler under there also

Was a case of "ïts in the shed, that'tl do!'"

To be honest, it actually sounds half decent, not your typical fart in a milo tin. Tad droney inside the car but ill quiet down once the exhaust carbons up, or whatever thats called... not doubt some one will correct me..

klusio
21st June 2009, 11:37 PM
Woo 100 posts...

Cerby86
21st June 2009, 11:38 PM
thats nothing prewer has 69!!!

Cerby86
22nd June 2009, 08:46 PM
I just bottomed out my car in a stupid driveway and now there is a noise like a chuffing train or a really fast maraca in the engine bay and it backfires whenever i engine brake!!
I Haven't had a look under it yet but I expect this to cost me even more money! GAY

klusio
22nd June 2009, 09:07 PM
some sort of exhaust gasket blown/damaged, letting air into the exhaust system will cause it to pop and crackle

s14seriesII
22nd June 2009, 09:27 PM
yep sounds like an exahaust leak/ gasket blown cracked etc

Prewer
22nd June 2009, 09:44 PM
thats nothing prewer has 69!!!

If only i could of left it at that..

On a side note, to make this post technically an update, has anyone got any black plastic they dont want/need, need it to cover up some shit in the shed so i can do a bit of spray painting, picked up a decent ass compressor on the weekend and need to get it swinging into action

Cerby86
23rd June 2009, 12:39 AM
im hoping that it is my dodgy extractor manifold installation has let the gasket blow out, but i have a horrible feeling its worse!

ae71
23rd June 2009, 03:16 PM
i have to tighten my exhaust manifold to exhaust nuts up every few months as they shake loose cause of a lot of engine movement :P

choppyspin
23rd June 2009, 08:25 PM
hey all thought i would indroduce my self. My name is nathan and im from hobart.This is my sprinter i recently bought. Doesn't look like much at the moment but its a good starting point :) . Not sure on what motor or anything to put in it at the moment so any information on what works and what doesn't would be appreciated cheers.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/4/5/8/17054.jpg

Gordie
23rd June 2009, 08:57 PM
I think you should put a 7age in it,
oh look heres one forsale!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7656

Prewer
23rd June 2009, 10:38 PM
So ive been cleaning up in the shed after installing the manual setup in the 71, had a bit of shit lying round.

Now its time to get around setting up the XT130 struts and control arms, ive got the shocks covered, but am unsure as what springs to install, i'm not going a coilover setup, as much as i like to, but rather a spring setup around 65mm lowered from standard, i can get King Springs from work, but they are only a low option, around 35mm off standard height, so for my desired height i'd have to get them compressed, can be done easily, but for the money involved in purchasing brand new springs and then getting them compressed surely there's a better option..

Was just wondering what other options i have, anyone got any bright ideas...

Everything else is almost right to go, just gotta get the nolathane bushes fitted to the LCA's and everything's sweet, got the rotors machined, new seal kits in the calipers and new wheel bearings have already been done.

Also, heres a comparison pic of an XT130 disc and a KE70 disc, fair difference in size aye, didn''t measure up with a ruler but its pretty obvious..

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/7/17074.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/7/17075.jpg

klusio
24th June 2009, 10:55 PM
dont bother with buying new springs, haviog them compressed and all that shite
buy a full coilover sleeve kit for $300 thats everything!!

Available in 48mm and 51mm internal diameter, the weld-on sleeves are anodised steel.

Each kit includes two sleeves, two spring seats, two lock nuts, two main springs, two tender springs and an upper spring locator. You can choose between 5kg/mm and 6kg/mm (280lb and 336lb) springs.

http://otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/sleevekits.htm

I asked for 8kg springs instead and they didnt have a problem with that at all!

problem solved.

spoz
29th June 2009, 07:54 PM
hey guys this might sound strange but is anyone els's tail lights filling up with water?
i throught it was my back windows leaking so i get them re sealed, only to find my tail lights were filling up then over flowing where the globes plug in then into where the spair tire sits lol. this happend to nayone els?
to fix im going to drill 3 small holes in the bottom for drainage i think.

Delazy
29th June 2009, 08:13 PM
hey guys this might sound strange but is anyone els's tail lights filling up with water?
i throught it was my back windows leaking so i get them re sealed, only to find my tail lights were filling up then over flowing where the globes plug in then into where the spair tire sits lol. this happend to nayone els?
to fix im going to drill 3 small holes in the bottom for drainage i think.

cant say it happens with mine...and it sits around plenty enuff to collect water if they did...

ive got a set of mint ADM lights id sell if u wanted some :)

spoz
29th June 2009, 08:15 PM
na my lights are sorta mit besides the water problem might just need to be re sealed

Jonny Rochester
29th June 2009, 08:15 PM
Water in tail lights can happen with almost any car. I guess flexible sealant is the fix.

I just bought new gaskets, tail-lights to body.

spoz
29th June 2009, 08:27 PM
is 4 k to expencive for a 4agze with all parts needed to put straight inot my sprinter including postage?

44GTE
29th June 2009, 08:31 PM
is 4 k to expencive for a 4agze with all parts needed to put straight inot my sprinter including postage?

Hi

Don't forget to mention the 5 Zigen Extractors and that it has a freedom ECU and front mount setup and Todar 256 / HKS 264 cams & cam gears.

In other words it isn't just a 4AGZE

cheers

Delazy
29th June 2009, 09:08 PM
yeh, as craig said, its not just any 4agze, its a modified one :)

should make good power and be an absolute ball to drive...

craig is one of the best blokes ive had the pleasure of dealing with...very genuine and he wont stuff u around...

spoz
30th June 2009, 07:14 AM
totaly agree hes been amazing, really helped me out and explained everything witch is good when your like me and dont know much about cars :)
and thanks ed for offering to help me put it in. ill bring the beer :)

Skid_KE70
1st July 2009, 10:20 PM
cant say it happens with mine...and it sits around plenty enuff to collect water if they did...

Ive got a set of mint adm lights id sell if u wanted some :)

adm..

Jdm...

klusio
1st July 2009, 11:39 PM
SPG Drift Series Round 3 Update

NO TYRE FITTER AVAILABLE AT SATURDAYS EVENT...

PLEASE COME PREPARED...

SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES...

Skid_KE70
4th July 2009, 09:03 PM
So... My car is now a hatch back on the right hand rear.. Had a fun day at the drifts tho

Prewer
5th July 2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah saw this and thought... hhmm ya dads gunna have some work ahead of him!

Cerby86
6th July 2009, 12:26 PM
Quick note I'm selling my T18 bars if anyone here is chasing any.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=8313

Pick up gets a better price :P Oh and some one with a brand new AJPS FOHA Lip gets a straight swap! So someone could even buy the lip from ajps just to give it to me and still come in cheaper than asknig price hahaha

Cerby86
6th July 2009, 07:25 PM
put in my rear sway bar again today. and the D bushes were wrong AGAIN!

Stupid stupid me got the wrong ones of Lawson, I got 18mm one and i need 25 mm ones :P
So rather than taking it all again like i did last time i just added a big wad of rubber under the other wrong bushes!!

ae71
6th July 2009, 08:59 PM
daim! WTF dude!

that WAS the neatest kesev that i know of in australia!

Prewer
6th July 2009, 10:29 PM
Fitted up my front swaybar yesterday, took it for a spirited drive and noticed its rubbing on the inside tyre wall on almost full lock, apart from the rubbing its the best investment ive done to a car, so much more grip and no where near as loose in the front end

ive got some 8mm spacers that im going to throw on tomorow and see how that is, has anyone else came across this before, swaybar is a 24mm whiteline one, blade adjustable..

Skid_KE70
6th July 2009, 10:39 PM
daim! WTF dude!

that WAS the neatest kesev that i know of in australia!

will be better.. changing colour :)

Prewer
7th July 2009, 07:14 PM
Scored a very cheap 4AGE today, only 120xxx on it, locally too.

Guess im going this way now, not CA or SR.

Anyone got a RWD ex manifold?

Jonny Rochester
7th July 2009, 08:41 PM
EDIT.

You had best not take your car to the previously mentioned business.

klusio
8th July 2009, 12:03 AM
sounds good jonny!

ae71
8th July 2009, 01:37 PM
sneaky barstard giving them a free plug :P

daim, ive got a ae71 shell thats only being used to pilfer parts from and storage for my other parts, if you need to cut the side out of it let me know, we might be able sort something out..

cky767
8th July 2009, 04:47 PM
update for me, interior and sound deadener are out of the car, dry ice and a hammer is the shiznit. really surprised at how much rust the car didnt have too. bit in the drivers side footwell which my hammer went through lol but apart from that it was all good really :) next step will see the outside of the car stripped and then the fun stuff starts.. seam welding, cage and painting

Prewer
8th July 2009, 05:17 PM
sneaky barstard giving them a free plug :P

daim, ive got a ae71 shell thats only being used to pilfer parts from and storage for my other parts, if you need to cut the side out of it let me know, we might be able sort something out..

Can i have one of the fuel rails that run under the car off it?

ae71
8th July 2009, 10:21 PM
now why would you want something like that sir? lol

Prewer
8th July 2009, 10:26 PM
Need it for a rotary conversion for my lawn mower.. haha

Still got one?

ae71
9th July 2009, 12:51 PM
i see.. yeah still has fuel lines intacked. swap you for your old 4ac? haha.

Skid_KE70
9th July 2009, 02:40 PM
HEY, chwers Aaron but we can easily fix my rear quater.. I'm chacing a full quad light setup.. Shoot me a MSG on what you have in stock

klusio
12th July 2009, 03:51 PM
dont you feckin dare go quad light! wreck a good thing...

Prewer
14th July 2009, 07:48 PM
New additions, ones my boy and the others for my toy

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/7/18464.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/7/18463.jpg

Delazy
14th July 2009, 08:01 PM
New additions, ones my boy and the others for my toy

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/1/0/7/18464.jpg

congrads dude

pope
17th July 2009, 08:16 PM
Many updates ahoy!!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?p=112006#post112006

chvzding
18th July 2009, 12:49 AM
*grumbles*

I found a (very) cheap 4AGE it just needs an ECU, loom, dizzy, rebuild, water pump and a heap of gaskets.

Can't work out if its worth $200 bucks or not...

ae71
18th July 2009, 12:48 PM
*grumbles*

I found a (very) cheap 4AGE it just needs an ECU, loom, dizzy, rebuild, water pump and a heap of gaskets.

well look around and see how much a ecu, loom, dizzy is going to cost.

you would normally use a full gasket kit and new water pump in a rebuild anyway.

at least if you have it rebuilt then you know what you have got and as long as you dont cut corners and maintain it properly it should give you long service life.

Prewer
19th July 2009, 10:09 AM
*grumbles*

i paid half that for mine, and still have to get the rest, how passionate are you about the 4age, if you hunt around those parts should cost all up bout 1000 or therebouts, thats whats its almost cost me, im just in need of a loom now and rwd ex manifold, the kent decided to not sell it to me in the end!

Skid_KE70
20th July 2009, 07:00 PM
josh has a modified fwd 100kw loom and a fwd bigport loom.... pm him... my old housemate (JoshKE) he has a couple of ecu's aswell

Jonny Rochester
21st July 2009, 01:14 PM
Quick change of plan. I am now going to get my Levin finished with a mobile mechanic, and the ECU tuned on-road also. Available during the day, regular services or major engine rebuilds etc. Phone number in signature.

klusio
21st July 2009, 10:58 PM
sounds strangely familiar...lol

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
22nd July 2009, 09:15 AM
Shameless Plugs FTW

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
23rd July 2009, 11:23 AM
Nice sig.
Haha thats a bit rich... Have you looked at your own?! I guess in your case, if you got nothing decent to put in one, quoting irrelevant shit does sum yourself up fairly well.

koolstik
23rd July 2009, 11:37 AM
I never did get the blatant self advertising in sigs *shrugs*

spoz
23rd July 2009, 07:55 PM
somone come put the engine in my car for me :) ill feed you beer :) LOL

Prewer
23rd July 2009, 09:11 PM
^^ get off your ass and rip the old one out!

spoz
24th July 2009, 07:30 AM
lol would if i knew how :)

JoshKE
24th July 2009, 11:02 AM
Undo things until it falls out :P

ae71
24th July 2009, 04:26 PM
spoz, ill give you a hand, i cant wire worth a damn. but nickz can do that side of things!

last 4ag convo i got paid in 4ac's and pizza hahaha

Prewer
24th July 2009, 04:42 PM
Update - slimline plates finally for me, only took them kents down @ prison 4 months to do....

RWD intake manifold arrived yesterday also

Got my coilover sleeve kit also, just need to cut off one more spring seat then they are off to get the sleeves welded on, then i can finally get them suckers in.

Now all i need is extractors and ECU, i actually have a loom on the engine, i just need the ECU and the plugs for it :) anyone know if bigport and smallport looms are the same?

ae71
25th July 2009, 12:51 PM
not 100% sure if they are the same, but i have heard of bigport using smallport loom/comp and viace versa. i think skin had his first 4ag the other way around? was a bit of a mismash :P

can grab you a Jap ecu if you want?

Prewer
25th July 2009, 10:01 PM
Swapped my Commodore today for a Legacy wagon, estimated 180kw at all four wheels

Jonny Rochester
25th July 2009, 10:43 PM
"Something decent" = "Commodore" in bogan speak I have recently come to notice. Yet even the bogan mechanics complain about them daily. Strange.

Prewer
26th July 2009, 09:10 AM
I had no dramas with my VR, i loved it, and i would highy say that i was one of those "bogan" people that you speak of.

You hardy know me, mechanically the car was a dream, it was like anything, you look after anything and it should cause you too many headaches.

So stop jawing off, did you even see my car up close..

Rip it
26th July 2009, 11:43 AM
I had no dramas with my VR, i loved it, and i would highy say that i was one of those "bogan" people that you speak of.

You hardy know me, mechanically the car was a dream, it was like anything, you look after anything and it should cause you too many headaches.

So stop jawing off, did you even see my car up close..

Commondore?

Johny owned a hot red VL at one stage, till some bogan wanted it more than he did!!

Prewer
26th July 2009, 10:57 PM
You catch my drift...

Shouldnt

Jonny Rochester
26th July 2009, 11:31 PM
The truth is, I don't know anyone on here. My description for the word "decent" was in reference to Medwins useage.

I'm just waiting for Mark Rogers update. He put on a good lunchtime show at the races today, but I think there was some drift damage.

klusio
26th July 2009, 11:41 PM
why so serious lighten up this isnt nissansilvia lol

Update- JZX100 is sold, bought a gold 02 hilux extra cab hopefully get my hands on it tuesday, then the fun begins :)

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
27th July 2009, 10:17 AM
Here we go.... (im bored, clearly)

Shameless Plugs FTW

You seem to miss the whole point, that I was lampooning your paying out on someone soliciting a little odd job style work, while you've got your poncy sig promoting Medwin Fabrications or some shit. Not everyone has a sugar daddy.
You really do have issues pal.... I said FTW, in a light hearted manner, implying that there was nothing wrong with it, and that jonny's method of throwing that plug in was original. Had I have said FTL, then perhaps, I may have been 'paying out' but Im not that hypocritical. Read my sig however you wish, if I was 'promoting' would I not at least have contact details or a blurb of some sort? And WTF, sugar daddy?! Just because you may lack the ability to do anything for yourself and your own life, doesnt mean that other people (such as myself) do also, I've done well (without having had anything handed to me on a platter), get over it, you sound like a terribly 'bad sport.'

"Something decent" = "Commodore" in bogan speak I have recently come to notice. Yet even the bogan mechanics complain about them daily. Strange.

The truth is, I don't know anyone on here. My description for the word "decent" was in reference to Medwins useage.
Ha, says he who owned of all things a VL?! You had anything to do with the VE's jonny? I'd hesitate a guess at probably not, because I doubt these bogan mechanics you associate with would see anything later than a VN come through their doors. I certainly know what I'd rather be driving, and its not the 25+ year old rust bucket. I think "Commonhore" is a bit rich, seeing as the Corolla is the world's most produced car..... So really, who is the bogan? The guy who drives a 'decent' current model Australian made icon (yes, I did just say that), or the guy who bought a car after stumbling across some japanese film late one night or thinks that by buying an 86 they'll be the next DK (Drift King)....

Update- JZX100 is sold, bought a gold 02 hilux extra cab hopefully get my hands on it tuesday, then the fun begins :)
Never really went much on the JZX100's, but yours did something for me. Plans for the hilux? Or keeping those cards close to your chest?!

Rip it
27th July 2009, 12:36 PM
^^^^Let the shit fights begin........"In the red corner....!"^^^^

And I think Kieran said somethimg at work the other day about 20'' wheels for it and getting himself a flat brimmed hat, I may have been mistaken, but I'm sure that is what he said!! Lol

Cerby86
27th July 2009, 12:55 PM
Jesus I've generally tried to ignore this shit but it's getting hard to ignore these massive blocks of text!

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
27th July 2009, 02:09 PM
Meh, boredom :unseen:

cky767
27th July 2009, 03:17 PM
Lol at Kieran with a flat brimmed hat, bagged Ute and Unit stickers everywhere, sparks pouring out the back :D

Rip it
27th July 2009, 03:42 PM
Lol at Kieran with a flat brimmed hat, bagged Ute and Unit stickers everywhere, sparks puring out the back :D

I think, from memory this was the exact look he was telling me about.

He is going to hate this.:P

cky767
27th July 2009, 05:52 PM
yeh iv got a feeling he is gonna rip shit on both of us after this haha.
20" chrome = Win!! sinister minitrucks sticker to go along with the 5000 unit stickers all over the car, or is he going to paint over the good paint with a unit stencil and a black pressure pack? even better, rub it back and leave it in primer then spray the stencils on :P

koolstik
27th July 2009, 07:04 PM
ah so that was why he asked me about some unit decals...

Rip it
27th July 2009, 07:08 PM
ah so that was why he asked me about some unit decals...

You'll see him rollin, see him hate'n, see him ride'n dirteeeeeeeeeee!!

worked
27th July 2009, 08:16 PM
Meh, boredom :unseen:

if you have to get on here and jaw off to cure boredom, especially with a gf at home and some worked buses and apparently all the money and talent on the NW coast, i say, and with a large amount of accuracy to this statement, that it's you that has the issues!!

*stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir*

Skid_KE70
27th July 2009, 08:35 PM
Hahahahahahahaha

Cained

klusio
27th July 2009, 08:43 PM
You'll see him rollin, see him hate'n, see him ride'n dirteeeeeeeeeee!!

"you betta check yourself before you wiggity wreck yourself"

I actually tried (yes im admitting this) to look at the sinister forum...

never had a ute before, been looking at some jap styling... trying to steer away from USADM spec, maybe a 1uz or S/C later on down the track time/money/enthusiasm depending

just bought a transport to with a GT2000 few carina and MMMmmm old skool stout/cruiser? sik as aids.

Rip it
27th July 2009, 08:51 PM
Kieran you know my Rodeo is in my 10 year plan.:crying:

cky767
27th July 2009, 08:57 PM
Ute will be perfect if you wanna tow the sprinter to the track etc and fit in stacks of spares and tyres, cant go wrong really.

klusio
27th July 2009, 08:57 PM
welcome back edward :)

Rip it
27th July 2009, 09:04 PM
I think this is a sign Kieran:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-1UZ-1UZFE-to-W58-and-W5x-Gearbox-Adapter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a 2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem2ea408a859QQitemZ200320526425QQp tZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

nichy
27th July 2009, 09:58 PM
4age has be brought ( not gotten ) and the hunt for parts to put it in has begun.

so if anyone has some ae71 bits i might find of use around let me know :P

its going into a 84 ke70 :P

ITB's Here i come

Jonny Rochester
27th July 2009, 10:59 PM
re: Medwins concerns
I did a 4-wheel wheel alignment on a VE the other day, now possible with different suspension design and adjustable everything. I had a good look at it, but I havn't worked on them much. The bogan mechanics I had in mind say the VR and VS are the pick of the bunch, and I pulled the transmission out of one of them only weeks ago. Whatever you think of Commodores, they are simple farm vehicles compared to a contempary Japanese built vehicle. Not to say you can't drive them fast. And the cost/quality ratio may mean you end up with a Commodore, as the Police do. No problem with that, but 10 years from now your Commodore will be worth half the cost of a HiLux of the same year.

Now, I did buy a VL, and everyone knew I did so as a practicle joke. And I think I proved my point. The VL is iconic, Peter Brock etc... I love them. They are shocking in many ways, the biggest down point is the plastics they used. My dream would be to do laps in a VL group-A car, against anything that was at the track on the same day. Like a big Sprinter in some ways.

So yeah, I'm also looking for a tow vehicle. If I got a HiLux, it would be a rare one with door handles.

s14seriesII
27th July 2009, 11:28 PM
ive noticed that they list "door handles" as an added option with extra cost when you order a ute these days...

and im sorry to burst ppls bubbles but i have not yet found a holdenwoo or fordatron that is worth its weight in scrap metal,
this is coming from someone that has to fix 2009 model pieces of australian built crap daily

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
28th July 2009, 11:44 AM
if you have to get on here and jaw off to cure boredom, especially with a gf at home and some worked buses and apparently all the money and talent on the NW coast, i say, and with a large amount of accuracy to this statement, that it's you that has the issues!!*stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir stir*Haha. You are correct in your thinking, sad thing is that during the hours of 8-4 between Monday and Friday I attend this place I like to call work (this is where I am now). And as such, I do not mind the distraction that is ae86dc to cure what is generally a rather bland day in the office. The toys come out after 4pm, as such im rarely on here after hours. :P
re: Medwins concerns
I did a 4-wheel wheel alignment on a VE the other day, now possible with different suspension design and adjustable everything. I had a good look at it, but I havn't worked on them much. The bogan mechanics I had in mind say the VR and VS are the pick of the bunch, and I pulled the transmission out of one of them only weeks ago. Whatever you think of Commodores, they are simple farm vehicles compared to a contempary Japanese built vehicle. Not to say you can't drive them fast. And the cost/quality ratio may mean you end up with a Commodore, as the Police do. No problem with that, but 10 years from now your Commodore will be worth half the cost of a HiLux of the same year. Now, I did buy a VL, and everyone knew I did so as a practicle joke. And I think I proved my point. The VL is iconic, Peter Brock etc... I love them. They are shocking in many ways, the biggest down point is the plastics they used. My dream would be to do laps in a VL group-A car, against anything that was at the track on the same day. Like a big Sprinter in some ways. So yeah, I'm also looking for a tow vehicle. If I got a HiLux, it would be a rare one with door handles. Police also end up in Falcons and Aurions. A pov pack VE commodore is on par with the pov pack Aurion and Falcon variants. The TRD Aurion lasted how long?? Why are we even talking about Commodores on here?! Fuck, we could go round in circles all day arguing the fors and againsts, we wouldnt get anywhere however, different tastes are what makes the world go round. I couldnt be happier with my ute, yay for me! You (general address to anyone reading) like your japanese built whatever, good for you too! I do get sick of seeing these 'mini truck' abortions however, how many brain cells must someone fry before deciding that scrapping their chassis rails along the road is a good source of entertainment?! I asked one of these morons the other week, exactly how they got their spare wheel out (as they'd filled in the rear where the tool is inserted above the no. plate to wind the spare down...) and their response was "I havent really thought of that." Now, wouldnt you look at the damn spare there as you're welding and bogging these sheetmetal "shaved" panels in place?! And how do they access their battery when its dead and they cant open their doors due to the "door poppers" requiring power to work?! F*^king idiots....
ive noticed that they list "door handles" as an added option with extra cost when you order a ute these days...and im sorry to burst ppls bubbles but i have not yet found a holdenwoo or fordatron that is worth its weight in scrap metal, this is coming from someone that has to fix 2009 model pieces of australian built crap daily I havent worked on that many Jap cars, but the ones I have all have one thing in common - they're always a rotten prick to have to work on. Shit squeezed in where it really shouldnt be, no room for access etc etc. Pop the hood on a current model commodore, and everything is there, ready to access without having to firstly remove half of the engine bay to simply get to it. I havent had a single issue with my ute, have heard of some people having clutch issues, I'll be making sure mine is replaced before the warranty is over (perhaps twice just to make the most of it..... :P) but other than that I fail to see what else could possibly be such an issue. Cars require maintainence, things wear and tear, things break. So Mark, would you mind enlightening me with some factual reasoning as to why they're not worth their weight in scrap, as at the moment it appears that it may just be a personal opinion shining through in your post. Fair enough if it is just that, im just curious thats all.

nichy
28th July 2009, 03:41 PM
i know im not on this forum very ofter but i do sit and read on here all day and also most other forums...... work kicks arse

and its funny... each forum i go to there seems to be one common thing... medwin.. and people bagging him out... but for what ?

yes he makes some silly remarks and shit ... also i can see why alot of people dont agree with the things he does to his cars..... but its funny as the way it seams is that people have to look for things to pick at..

he fabricates all his own shit .... meaning he has the advantage of doing things 100% his way... and he often see's things that could be changed making it better for himself.... and from what i have seen it works for him... he has built one of the nicest ae86's i have seen in a long time (or ever ) pretty much all himself if not all... and he has done it to the extent as moe has with his car ( also someone who is changing things and getting them custom built to how he things it should be..yet he cops nothing)

no he is playing with his ute ( also a very tuff car ) and changing things maybe for better or worse ... he will soon find out .. but really maybe insted of ripping into him... offer help and a reason why not to do things some way or something ...

and if i have missed that he one to not listen to anyone... let him go. he seems like a nice enough bloke as i have talked to him over PM a few times about shit and he does his research and get's to know things back to front.

i wish i had the skills he does in the many area's he does ..... and im sure alot of you guys do too.. jealousy mabye? who knows.

as i said this is coming from a person who has never met the guy and just based it on what i have seen over the last year or two.

anyways rant over

can someone link me to a 4age 20v itb to 16v convertion page... i need to know what i need and how its setup... any help would be great (thanks lazy)

Cheers Nichy

klusio
28th July 2009, 06:50 PM
use the search option :)
or google will pop up easy

worked
28th July 2009, 07:14 PM
Haha. You are correct in your thinking, sad thing is that during the hours of 8-4 between Monday and Friday I attend this place I like to call work (this is where I am now). And as such, I do not mind the distraction that is ae86dc to cure what is generally a rather bland day in the office. The toys come out after 4pm, as such im rarely on here after hours. :P

haha so true, i found a pretty mint distraction at work too, bosses daughter.
he doesn't seem to like me anymore tho...odd.

cky767
28th July 2009, 07:20 PM
yeh I use ae86dc as a good time passer at work, that and my iPod. without the two I reckon I would die of boredom, working for the tax office isnt very enthrauling

s14seriesII
28th July 2009, 09:06 PM
cbf'd reading medwins or nichys posts.. ill do it later and reply in full :)

but nichy t3 quad adaptor and a set of 20v quad throttles, accelerator cable is about all you need to make the swap i have all the bits here if you would like to come look sometime

klusio
28th July 2009, 09:21 PM
vacume lines and T pieces

nichy
28th July 2009, 11:19 PM
your down hobart arnt you mate?

after market ecu as well i have been told... which is kinda chucking the ITB idea out of the picture... reckon i will still go efi though...

but if there is a way around it then let me know :P

ae71
29th July 2009, 05:57 PM
packed and on the boat :D

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3640/p1040170.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/p1040170.jpg/)

Skid_KE70
29th July 2009, 10:40 PM

after market ecu as well i have been told... which is kinda chucking the ITB idea out of the picture... reckon i will still go efi though...

No need for aftermarket ecu.. i ran my smallport for 12 months on stock ecu with Quad throttles...

you will make more power with aftermarket ecu... but that can come later.

s14seriesII
29th July 2009, 10:47 PM

yep hobart

stock ecu should cope its just a matter of getting a good map sensor signal from all the cylinders with maybe a very small vacuum canister inline to smooth the pulsations out

if nothing else works then a piggy back like an safc would do the trick

Skid_KE70
29th July 2009, 10:49 PM
I used a canister...
u could prob fix the richness slightly with an adjustable fuel pressure reg?

ae71
30th July 2009, 12:03 PM
a used SAFC or even a older AFC isnt exactly expensive.. prob better then dicking around with fuel pressures. dropping the pressure could cause lean out at the top of the revs.

cky767
30th July 2009, 02:33 PM
cheap sprinter on ebay, I know buying a car off ebay is dodgy as fark but anyway.... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120453449913

wonder what the bidding will get up to

nichy
30th July 2009, 08:02 PM
vacuum is sorted by drilling some fitting in and hooking up some lines... or something lol

have though of finding an alternative injector that will fit but is lower cc.. as ST 4age rums allmost 100cc bigger . so but running a smaller injecter i can suit it to what it needs and it should be right.... if not ... safc or afc it is :P

where is the quoted 1200-1600 bucks to ITB a 4age 16v? am i missing something big... seems 200 for the throttles...250 for the adapter plate rest i can figure out with the head tech at work as thats who is helping me with the build :P genius, its great.

any help would be sweet :P i dont go much on the write-ups for some reason...

Prewer
31st July 2009, 12:25 AM
somone come put the engine in my car for me :) ill feed you beer :) LOL

got that engine in yet cobs?!

Blk86
31st July 2009, 09:18 AM
awww, I'm in the market for one!!
where's she headed?? :worried:

packed and on the boat :D

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3640/p1040170.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/p1040170.jpg/)

Rip it
31st July 2009, 12:25 PM
vacuum is sorted by drilling some fitting in and hooking up some lines... or something lol

have though of finding an alternative injector that will fit but is lower cc.. as ST 4age rums allmost 100cc bigger . so but running a smaller injecter i can suit it to what it needs and it should be right.... if not ... safc or afc it is :P

where is the quoted 1200-1600 bucks to ITB a 4age 16v? am i missing something big... seems 200 for the throttles...250 for the adapter plate rest i can figure out with the head tech at work as thats who is helping me with the build :P genius, its great.

any help would be sweet :P i dont go much on the write-ups for some reason...

I have some quads for $170 if you want them? And I'm in Tassie.

ae71
31st July 2009, 12:40 PM
awww, I'm in the market for one!!
where's she headed?? :worried:

to my house hopefully...

but if you want one shoot me a PM. should be able to find something for 3K delivered without too much problem ;). farken shipping/GST and stamp duties are what tears at the arsehole.

Cerby86
31st July 2009, 02:19 PM
where are you getting the adaptor manifold for $250 from?
Last time i looked T3 worked out to nearly twice that!

nichy
31st July 2009, 02:24 PM
haha jsut brought some for 180 from melbs.. ah well there in good condition and come with everything i need bar th4e addapter :P

thjanks for the offer though

ae71
31st July 2009, 10:16 PM
got that engine in yet cobs?!

i saw the motor today... its "in"

spoz
1st August 2009, 11:26 AM
i drove past the mechanic today and the 4agze was in and the car was on the hoist and it looked like they were pulling the fule tank out to put the fule pump in and run the return line,
hopfully i have it back monday night

spoz
1st August 2009, 11:30 AM
and we dont have a spotto thred anymore??? we should make one

Bustin_86
7th August 2009, 09:49 AM
weber on 4k for (ever so slightly) bigger rain skids, mint

10's for the soarer

chvzding
7th August 2009, 09:26 PM
go go mountain runs! wheeeeeeeee!

*ahem*

I mean I am very pleased with my current suspension setup. Will replace some rubbers next week and put the tie rod ends in + a wheel alignment.

Hopefully anyhow.

worked
9th August 2009, 11:26 PM
update!! sold the CA ke, bought myself a dead stock ke70, 4k love

Prewer
9th August 2009, 11:30 PM
geee, thats stepping out Ed..

Who bought the red rocket?

worked
10th August 2009, 12:03 AM
secret
deals have been made with high up people!
can't wait to tweak this one tho

Cerby86
10th August 2009, 12:04 AM
WHAT!!!! Now i actually want to know!!!!!

worked
10th August 2009, 12:11 AM
you'll see it about eventually but it's all under wraps, sworn to secrecy, i'm pretty stoked with the home it's gone too, in far more capable hands with it's new owner than mine, altho i've flogged him at a few GV sessions!

JoshKE
10th August 2009, 09:37 PM
you'll see it about eventually but it's all under wraps, sworn to secrecy, i'm pretty stoked with the home it's gone too, in far more capable hands with it's new owner than mine, altho i've flogged him at a few GV sessions!

Word on the street is that it may have a sunroof. :cool:

I'll swap motors with you when you've finished it :hehe:

klusio
12th August 2009, 11:30 PM
Thought I'd post an update for Jake 'Rip it'

who has just gone D1 spec whats next captain? lol

sorry been saving this one :)

Cerby86
12th August 2009, 11:41 PM
Omg i want one!!!!!

Rip it
13th August 2009, 12:34 PM
Thought I'd post an update for Jake 'Rip it'

who has just gone D1 spec whats next captain? lol

sorry been saving this one :)

This is why you don't leave the country and leave your car where fags can tamper with it. Found it very funny nether the less.

Kieran - GAME ON!!!

Cerby86
13th August 2009, 12:39 PM
hahahah but what can you do to keirans cars? Aren't they already riced to the max anyway?

Rip it
13th August 2009, 12:43 PM
Well now that Kieran is a mini trucker he has gone off the rice as such. I'm sure I can think of something................................

nichy
13th August 2009, 07:19 PM
update for me

4age is brought
t 50 is brought
clutch is brought
ae101 st itb's are brought
engine xmember is brought

need's
ae82 bp loom and ecu
ae71 tail shaft
ae82 remote thermostat
clutch master to suit
slave to suit

thats it for now

ae71
13th August 2009, 08:45 PM
This is why you don't leave the country and leave your car where fags can tamper with it. Found it very funny nether the less.

Kieran - GAME ON!!!

EPIC LOL

the question id have is did you get to keep that bucket of kfc or where you just left with holes in your boot? :S

mini trucker = ghey

Cerby86
13th August 2009, 08:55 PM
who brought all that for you ?? and where from? :P

So you have a bellhousing for the t50? didn't it come with a slave cylinder?
What are you planning to do to get the itbs running properly?

update for me

4age is brought
t 50 is brought
clutch is brought
ae101 st itb's are brought
engine xmember is brought

need's
ae82 bp loom and ecu
ae71 tail shaft
ae82 remote thermostat
clutch master to suit
slave to suit

thats it for now

nichy
14th August 2009, 10:18 AM
i brought all that for me and all at pretty good prices too :P

i have a mate at work who has it all sorted out for me.. he has done a little research.

qualliefied auto elec and mechanic.

basiclly all the problems i have ran into he has a way around that he has done before and i trust him with it too..

umm i think the t50 comes with a bell housing... never said it did or didn;t if not i will just find out .. dont know about a slave either... i just saw it cheap and pounced on it ..

going to be running stock ecu.... convertion ke70 pedal box to hydrolic..... diff is staying borgy for a while then going to r31. fuel system is rather going to be a vl fuel pump and thats it .... or go the surge tank setup... not sure.
once everything is in and running and not braking i will be heading back out to the track :P

wont be for a little though... as the adapter plate for itb's is fucking expencive !!!! haha

i have the coin just sitting back waiting for good shit at the right price... im in no rush. so i get to read up on everything too .

Delazy
14th August 2009, 11:59 AM
diff is staying borgy for a while then going to r31.

why go a r31 diff when u can just bolt a t series in place and itll prove to be more than enough??

r31 involves jigging mount and wat not..and prolly overkill for wat you are planning...

worked
14th August 2009, 01:51 PM
delazy is right, i haven't popped an s or t series yet

Delazy
14th August 2009, 01:55 PM
delazy is right, i haven't popped an s or t series yet

only reason ud use anything other than a t series is

-turbo engine
-supercharged engine
-harsh clutch and w5x gearbox (drifting purposes)

im planning to run a t series with a ~110+rwkw n/a motor and dont expect to have any problems with it...as a guide...although considering buying billet axles as a piece of mint thing...

worked
14th August 2009, 02:02 PM
they generally fail now due to age or due to too much power, i ran locked s series in both my n/a and my supercharged sprinters and a t series in the ca18det ke and never busted a thing except for that weird crownwheel and pinion wear/noise drama, but it kept going, was just uber noisy

klusio
14th August 2009, 07:31 PM
T and S series axels are the same width... dont break because they can twist so much centres are different sizes. I killed my crown wheel with 125kw and a welded centre on symmons.

dont really need a jig for diff conversions if can use a tape measure and common sense.
although there is a jig set here in hobart for ke/ae 7X and AE86, difference is you dont need to use your head.

DAN-86
15th August 2009, 12:20 AM
I got a T18 diff if thats any use Nichy?

10000rpm
17th August 2009, 06:52 PM
A spitfire fighter plane took residence in my shed today...fckn lol...tune on thurs...

Fck Boost Tossers...Fueltech ftw...Ain't signing no bloody waiver you fckstn

Those that matter know wtf I am on about......................

spoz
17th August 2009, 06:53 PM
i hate fule tech over charge like a bitch
750 bucks for 3 hours work pffft

worked
17th August 2009, 07:26 PM
A spitfire fighter plane took residence in my shed today...fckn lol...tune on thurs...

Fck Boost Tossers...Fueltech ftw...Ain't signing no bloody waiver you fckstn

Those that matter know wtf I am on about......................

nice way of saying we don't matter!!

Cerby86
17th August 2009, 08:18 PM
I assume they wanted him to sign a waiver saying if they fuck up the motor he won't hold them liable.
To be honest I can see it from their point of view, if someone brings in a motor and you don't know whether its freshly rebuilt or on deaths door.

Have to say though, Pro Auto FTW!! He said it would be somewhere from $600 to $1200.
Spent the day on it and charged me $500!!! When is the last time you good anything for less than the quoted minimum??
Its a nice tune to. TPS only and I drive it everyday with no trouble at all, never has a problem starting either. Its running a bit rich though

Rip it
17th August 2009, 08:24 PM
I assume they wanted him to sign a waiver saying if they fuck up the motor he won't hold them liable.
To be honest I can see it from their point of view, if someone brings in a motor and you don't know whether its freshly rebuilt or on deaths door.

Have to say though, Pro Auto FTW!! He said it would be somewhere from $600 to $1200.
Spent the day on it and charged me $500!!! When is the last time you good anything for less than the quoted minimum??
Its a nice tune to. TPS only and I drive it everyday with no trouble at all, never has a problem starting either. Its running a bit rich though

Ha ha. That would be Kuc's patented "safe" tune. He would rather it make a bit less outright power than have a car come out of his workshop and it shit itself!!

nichy
17th August 2009, 08:32 PM
I got a T18 diff if thats any use Nichy?

depens on how much and whats does it come with.... PM me :P