PDA

View Full Version : Car Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

worked
29th April 2011, 08:21 PM
er it's a LS1 skin, it says right above the photos!!

AJPS
29th April 2011, 08:32 PM
Lol yes white line mr lusio...however non adjustables braaa :p no gay figure 8 links here :p would hav got trd 2nd hand but couldnt find any so lawson twisted my arm i guess u could say.

Im not minding the celica inserts in the ksev, but i dnt know any better.

Pretty keen to give the mcns a run in the ae86 whenever that day might be.

As for spring rates lol. I can drive my car thru the domain, grasstree, nichols and not bounce off the road! Can you? Lol. remebers being in your car doing waterworks one night :s eeekkk

dont recall the twist?

whiteline bars are good for the money

excel g are fine for the money, but 8kg is pushing them a bit hard

fantapants
30th April 2011, 11:23 AM
Wow!

Looks much more comfortable in there than the 1UZs do. How is it for height with the manifold on?

they are physically smaller than the uz in almost every way. The snout of the throttle body is about 50mm further forward, but the block itself is shorter.

the only place it loses out to the uz in size is the bell housing. The bell on the back of a ls is farking massive.

He looks to be running everything very forward to clear, BUT if you were willing to remake the firewal and snout of the tunnel as most are, it would be a better fit than the uz imo :)

and bare engines weigh the same or less than uz. T56 is a bit heavier than the common w though, but that weight is in the middle of the car and low, so not a bad place for it really....

ahhh the joys of unemplyment, soo much time to waste dreaming and researching :D

nichy
30th April 2011, 04:42 PM
8kg springs in a street car :S i feel for you driving it...

im running 6kg fronts/4.5kg rear...i certainly wouldnt want it any stiffer...

ill be running whiteline swaybars rather soon, so should have it pretty sweet...

ae86/t18 struts? you will want st184 celica kyb excel g inserts...perfect...

harden the fark up delazy thought you were a hardcore enthusit lol

ST185 my man

kyb excel g is cheap rubbish really, cant wait to get rid of mine

haha white line ... keeping quiet on this one lol

kyg agx was the plan.... depends what comes up. got 7 kg springs in the end as no 8kg in stock..... car is a road car now but its going in the shed as soon as i buy another car (no rush) and get some work done as the misses wants to learn to drift :) ha ha so gives me an excuse to spend money on it and get her to buy things too lol.

and i loved my car on bump stops too, my spine can take it........ for now haha

worked
30th April 2011, 09:21 PM
they are physically smaller than the uz in almost every way. The snout of the throttle body is about 50mm further forward, but the block itself is shorter.

the only place it loses out to the uz in size is the bell housing. The bell on the back of a ls is farking massive.

He looks to be running everything very forward to clear, BUT if you were willing to remake the firewal and snout of the tunnel as most are, it would be a better fit than the uz imo :)

and bare engines weigh the same or less than uz. T56 is a bit heavier than the common w though, but that weight is in the middle of the car and low, so not a bad place for it really....

ahhh the joys of unemplyment, soo much time to waste dreaming and researching :D

so this research you undertook, did you find anyone that did ls1 to supra box conversions? are ls1s the same bolt patterns as the older chevs?

fantapants
30th April 2011, 10:55 PM
no idea fella.

most of the research was in the vein of ls1 and fd matrimony.

would take a mteric fuckton of work to get a smaller bell in behind the ls though..... a mod of the firewal and tunnel would be wayyyyy easier.

and its not like you could ever pretend 5.7l was legal :) so keeping the t56 would be the best option i recon :)

floody
1st May 2011, 02:02 AM
I reckon you can comfortably say a supra W-box would be a liability. R154 might hold up.

LSx makes lots of sense really, as you guys say you do have to be keen enough to raise the tunnel for the massively tall box and bellhousing. Still...Lets face it if you're sticking 5.7+ litres in a corolla legality is the least of your issues anyway, so hack at it.

ae71
1st May 2011, 12:33 PM
a r154 would be fine behind a LS1.

but you wouldn't use one because the t56 is stronger and much cheaper, dollar for dollar they are pretty simerlar in price but when you factor in work, time and money adapting when these a better box ready to go it just wouldn't make any sense.

ecko
1st May 2011, 03:05 PM
hmm 2011 is deff the year of the LSX another LS1 Ae71 is about to be built south of hobart

floody
1st May 2011, 09:23 PM
Depends how much torque it makes, R154 is stronger than, say, a W58 but got nothing on a T56. Old man tried a R154 behind the RB in his VL turbo circuit car, lasted three outings at 280-320rwkw. Replaced with T56 which has been in for years since.

ecko
1st May 2011, 09:56 PM
considering w58's dont last behind stick 2jzgte's i wouldnt expect them to last behind a LS1

spooniluv
2nd May 2011, 10:25 AM
1791217911just an update guys, trans tunnel cut out and ready for gearbox, i will be running a t56 due to the massive amount of abuse it can handle, clearance is beyond my wildest dreams,everything fits so well, only real modification was a custom made water pump assembly

fantapants
2nd May 2011, 12:37 PM
noice to hear :)

ae71
2nd May 2011, 01:32 PM
considering w58's dont last behind stick 2jzgte's i wouldnt expect them to last behind a LS1

are you having a dig?

floody
2nd May 2011, 05:57 PM
Hmm. I wonder how a 308 and W58 would go in my T18 then :DD

spooniluv
2nd May 2011, 06:30 PM
i did research a injected 304 but just the shear wieght put a damper on the thought, to do it would mean a lot of modification to the firewall and gearbox mounting due to the engine being recessed back for distribution, the ls1 was just so much lighter and the easy option for power increases, but with 245kw at the flywheel i think it will be a handful as it is:DD

spooniluv
2nd May 2011, 06:36 PM
manifold will clear the bonnet but not taking the chance, i am going to adapt a a9x bonnet cowl to it, it has dimensions of 610mm wide and 910 long so it fits perfectly and assures that when the engine twists under power it will not hit the bonnet

ecko
2nd May 2011, 07:41 PM
are you having a dig?

dig at who? just stating facts as proven by several supras a couple local

Delazy
2nd May 2011, 08:34 PM
manifold will clear the bonnet but not taking the chance, i am going to adapt a a9x bonnet cowl to it, it has dimensions of 610mm wide and 910 long so it fits perfectly and assures that when the engine twists under power it will not hit the bonnet

ruined it already....

why not keep the clean appearance and run a FAST low profile manifold??

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Features/MattPowers/IMG5132/1213105699_xwPJi-L.jpg

spooniluv
2nd May 2011, 10:35 PM
ruined it already....

why not keep the clean appearance and run a FAST low profile manifold??

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Features/MattPowers/IMG5132/1213105699_xwPJi-L.jpg
ruined my ass, cowling will look the bees knees mate, its a race car remember not a show car, and it will also expel a hell of a lot of hot air from the engine bay,

fantapants
3rd May 2011, 10:22 AM
while i dont agree with lazy on the "ruined" part :P your wrong about the cowling removing hot air. they are designed to draw high pressure air from the windscreen junction INTO the engine. heat release from an engine bay only occours when there is a pressure difference. because the pressure at the base of the windscreen is soo high, it stops air from exiting, and in cases like the reverse scoop, is designed to utilise the high pressure to force air into the carb.

heat extraction needs to happen at the front 1/3 of the bonnet to be successful without major work to address the pressure differences.

ae71
3rd May 2011, 11:37 AM
while i dont agree with lazy on the "ruined" part :P your wrong about the cowling removing hot air. they are designed to draw high pressure air from the windscreen junction INTO the engine. heat release from an engine bay only occours when there is a pressure difference. because the pressure at the base of the windscreen is soo high, it stops air from exiting, and in cases like the reverse scoop, is designed to utilise the high pressure to force air into the carb.

heat extraction needs to happen at the front 1/3 of the bonnet to be successful without major work to address the pressure differences.

i was about to say this ^^

as far as a a9x scoop looking good/bad, each to there own i guess but remember that its not a torana yet your putting a holden/chev v8 and bonnest scoop on it? maybe you started with the wrong car (not shit stirring)? i dont mind a nice LX tori myself and they have been made into descent track cars as well.

also, are you building this for a specific class? what are you going to run it in?

spooniluv
3rd May 2011, 11:54 AM
it will be raced in a open class, i dont think it will be competitive but a lot of fun, as for heat extraction it will work, dont forget that the pressure of air passing the windscreen opening of the cowl will draw hot air from the engine bay, this is not a street car, doing over 200 clicks down a straight causes huge amounts fo air to pass over the bonnet, and in turn will to a good job of removing heat from the engine bay

ae71
3rd May 2011, 12:20 PM
yeah but the whole idea of the scoop originally was for it to be just that, a scoop to draw air in (without drawing water when it rained)

maybe if you have it mounted further forward then it may do a better job of extracting air. spacing the bonnet up may also give the clearance needed. but i get the feeling you just want to run that scoop.

nichy
3rd May 2011, 02:03 PM
spoke to daim today and decided to go with the st185 shocks. purchased today.

now i have looked for a good guide on how to do these kits ( hsd sleeve kit) but cant really find any. i can find some info but all in bits.

any help would be good

ae71
3rd May 2011, 02:13 PM
depends if you want the car low or high as to how u do it.

nichy
3rd May 2011, 06:37 PM
UMMMMM..... LOW ..... CAR IS 95MM OFF RAILS OR SO ATM IF THAT.... SO WOULD LIKE TO KEEP AROUND THAT HEIGHT...

I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU WELD THE SPINE YEAH ?

ANY ONE GOT PICS OF THESE THEY HAVE DONE ?

CHEERS

caps sorry

spooniluv
3rd May 2011, 07:23 PM
yeah but the whole idea of the scoop originally was for it to be just that, a scoop to draw air in (without drawing water when it rained)

maybe if you have it mounted further forward then it may do a better job of extracting air. spacing the bonnet up may also give the clearance needed. but i get the feeling you just want to run that scoop.

you're right i really do want to run the cowl, i think not only for the function of clearance it will really compliment the guard flares i want to run and the bodykit, sorry mate i just got a bit pissed when people tell me im ruining the car, i mean its not like im running neons or some gay shit like that

fantapants
3rd May 2011, 10:09 PM
sorry if it came accros as telling you you shouldnt do it. i ran a bulge from a xr8 on mine for clearance. not to many peoples taste :)

i just wanted to point out that you wont extract air from the engine bay like that. ESPECIACIALLY at 200kph. The higher the speed, the more heat will get trapped in your engine bay. you will pressurise the bay and your radiator will struggle to work. The only air going through the radiator will be the air drawn in from the fan.

again, not trying to be a hater, and recon it could look the tits, BUT it will do nothing for heat extraction. It WILL make your cooling system more stressed.

Delazy
4th May 2011, 01:01 AM
rightio...

for anyone that hasnt been following my thread in the members ride section....the ke70 is nearing a make over and quite a large one at that...

3tc/32/36 weber/extractors/electronic recurved distributor/street fire cdi ignition/magnecor ignition leads
hey man steering knuckles/20mm extended lcas/ae86 steering rack/modified rack ends/ajps twin adjust tie rods/new rack,castor,lca and swaybar bushes/whiteline heavy duty swaybar
qfm hpx pads/t18 slotted rotors
is200 j160 6 speed gearbox/hd clutch/one piece tailshaft
t18 series 2 t series/corona slotted rotors/corona calipers/qfm hpx pads/weir spence 4.3/weir spence full spool/whiteline heavy duty swaybar/ajps traction brackets/new 4 link bushes

should cover everything...alot of gear ive collected for the ae86 that is no longer being used due to a change in direction...

should make for a quiet zippy fun car...

spooniluv
4th May 2011, 06:33 PM
sorry if it came accros as telling you you shouldnt do it. i ran a bulge from a xr8 on mine for clearance. not to many peoples taste :)

i just wanted to point out that you wont extract air from the engine bay like that. ESPECIACIALLY at 200kph. The higher the speed, the more heat will get trapped in your engine bay. you will pressurise the bay and your radiator will struggle to work. The only air going through the radiator will be the air drawn in from the fan.

again, not trying to be a hater, and recon it could look the tits, BUT it will do nothing for heat extraction. It WILL make your cooling system more stressed.

what engine did u run to need clearance, and do you think this will be one of the first ae86 ls1s around

fantapants
4th May 2011, 10:34 PM
beams, and as far as i know no one has completed a ls1 86.... but i dont know much :)

spooniluv
4th May 2011, 11:00 PM
beams, and as far as i know no one has completed a ls1 86.... but i dont know much :)

im lookin at using a g142 hilux diff, do you know anyone who does conversions to disc, ive heard using ma70 discs works but a bit worried about doin the conversion myself, and also looking for front stub axles to suit 86 struts but have the same falcon/toyota stud pattern

fantapants
5th May 2011, 10:27 AM
i think the easiest conversion is vs commodore stuff???

so u want 5 stud front struts?

i THINK .... fark what was his name....... fancy blue car fella with no sense of humour :P.... he did a bit of fabricating to run something like that

nichy
5th May 2011, 10:58 AM
quick question as i kow some people have done the coil over weld on kits

when you cut the strut tube down..... how do you get the thread back on top for the gland nut.... or am i better off just using a spacer for the insert

dungbox
5th May 2011, 12:34 PM
you cut a section out below the thread and weld it back on, you work out your desired section to be cut out which i guess would the same as the length of the spacer you would use for the insert
do a decent weld!!! or pay weldlogic to do the coilovers for you

oh, hi, i'm new to tas, jus moved here :)
will post up some pics of my car and plans for it, hope to see you all about

nichy
5th May 2011, 03:16 PM
the welding is not an issue.... got that covered.

what would you use to get the cut tru ? as if you got the cut wrong it would not go back on properly.

do i have to cut the section out to get really low or can i use a spacer and just weld the sleve on lower ?

Oh and welcome.... get some pics up

AJPS
5th May 2011, 04:22 PM
jon roberts sat an LS1 in an ae86 bay a while ago

and brendan has a running ls1 ke70

Delazy
5th May 2011, 05:31 PM
ive seen a few stateside...never really took my attention...so never checked back to see the finished article...

as for the coilovers...welding the coil-over sleeve lower on the strut would reduce the available stroke for the shock and limit its effectiveness would it not??

dungbox
5th May 2011, 05:40 PM
nah lazy, when you buy kybs they are shorter than the strut hence the spacer supplied.
some people piss the spacer off and cut that section out of the strut itself, thus needing no spacer, sitting flush in the strut and of course, for our daimon sheltons, sits lower with a full shock stroke available

Delazy
5th May 2011, 05:41 PM
slydar previously put this together...ive done a copy and paste...might find it of interest/helpful nichy :)

ok, we start with this, a standard strut with all brakes ect pulled off.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68931.jpg

my step one, as i don't own spring compressors and they scare me anyway (Ant will tell you, i am very afraid of potential energy)

into the vice, and cut the spring seat off, make small cuts keeping as close to the weld as possible. leave a few spots where the cuts don't interesect, so the spring platform stays in place untill you want it to.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68932.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68933.jpg

next step is out of the vice and onto the ground, be carefull handling the strut at this stage, hold it by the stub axle/strut top only, keep fingers clear of the spring.

place the strut on the ground, strut top down

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68934.jpg

and give the spring perch a few good whacks downward, this should be enough to break the platform off the strut casing.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68935.jpg

note *twang*

next remove the standard strut top and spring hat as illustrated, a pair of vice grips and a 19mm deep socket will be handy at this stage.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68936.jpg

this is what you should be left with.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68937.jpg

next step is to remove the stock insert, back in the vice and a pipe wrench on the retainer nut. lefty loosey.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68938.jpg

ok, time to grind. flapper disc is best for this, grind the weld right down till its smooth, and take the paint off about down to the brake hose bracket. removing the paint is neccesary with my particular sleeves, as theyre a nice tight fit, koni's will usually just slip over the paint, unless some champion down at pedders has given them a real thick coat previously.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68939.jpg

next, shortening the body.

i make the cut pretty close to the top, about an inch below the machined step below the thread for the retainer nut. you might want to cut the old welded section out if that pleases you more, than just cut slightly above where the weld was.

to make the actual cut, i use a pipe cutter, makes a nice clean square cut, but does deform the tube slightly, so you will need to finish off inside the casing a little bit, this grinding bit for a drill works ok-ish. there is another drill attachment you can get that is made from similar materila to the flapper disc, and is probably better. or a die grinder would be better again if you have one.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68940.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68941.jpg

on the other hand, if you have a drop saw with a metal cut off wheel, that may possibly be the easiest way.

now we need to work out how much shorter we want them. grab your insert, i am using a trd "green", quite short stroke, but the bodies arent all that much shorter than stock, and using the monroe style retainer nut which is quite deep, i only need to cut about 12mm or so out. for agx, from memory its around 30/40mm and for trd short strokes (yellow, or blue adjustable, ae9x second section of the part number) it is possible to take about 60-70mm out. i am going to put it out there though and say, theyre is no way youre going to end up with a workable suspension set up if you shorten your strut that much and use those inserts. around 40mm is the MAX you wanna take out to retain some suspension droop. obviously you will need a spacer then to make them work. this is what trd themselves suggest, they don't have rocks in their head, and by no means are the "soft".

anyway, make some measurements and decide what you want to do. refer to the club4ag.com tech reference for further clarification. for the greens, and agx, i would recomend just shortening the casing untill you don't need a spacer at all.

some pictures below explaining how to work that out.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68942.jpg

next make the 2nd cut, followed by tidying up the inner edge as explain earlier.

ok, now its been shortened, its time to weld it back together.

i use a coilover sleeve with a window cut into it as a jig, this perfectly aligns the 2 peices so your struts remain "straight" and ensures that at the next stage when you go to slip your sleeves on, theyll actually fit. i make 3 tack welds, grinding them down as i go and rotating the sleeve about 120 degrees each time.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68943.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68944.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68945.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68946.jpg

if youre doing this at home, you can either buy 1 additional sleeve, or use the old insert with some tape wrapped around it at the joint, till both peices are a slug fit, then align by eye, tack, check, another tack, check, maybe at this stage try your sleeve, make sure it will go on, then do one more tack and check again.

note.. most inserts say "do no open, do not heat" so don't go too hardcore with the tacks if you do it this way, you don't want it burning through and exploding. yeah it could explode. cool the weld with water after each tack.

ok, so now its tacked and aligned, weld the join completely up. probably best if you don't just start at one end and weld all the way around, as even though its tacked, it could still move a little with the heat. just do an inch at a time, swapping sides as you go.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68947.jpg

beleive it or not, youre just about done at ths stage.

next grind the weld down smooth.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68948.jpg

next, you want to tripple check the new casing is the right length, cool it off under the water again, throw and insert in, and put a retainer nut on, tighten untill it contacts the insert, and make sure youve got a few threads left for final assembly so you can crank it down hard, you want them to be TIGHT.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68949.jpg

if its all good, pull it apart, slip the sleeve on, and weld it on around the bottom edge, take your time here, people are gonna see these welds. including possibly engineers, so try to make them neat.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68950.jpg

NOTE- depending on how much youve shortened the casing/the free length of your springs, you might want to put the sleeve on lower/higher. i try to use a shorter spring, and put the sleeves on right at the top.

next step is drilling the spring hat, as theyre supplied with only a 10mm pilot whole, so they can work with a variety of inserts. toyota inserts have a 15mm shank, so drill to this size. nissan type is smaller, dunno what, maybe ask the OCS boys, they love their datsuns.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68951.jpg

finally maybe a quick wire wheel, mask up and spray job to make them look fancy.

lastly assembly. NOTE the lock ring/spring perch will not go over the retainer nut. so its, lock ring, then spring perch, insert, and retainer but. do that nut up TIGHT.

this is what you should end up with. note these are ra60 casing, being used in my brothers gz10.. but all the above applies to ae86/xt130 ma61 ect ect.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/68952.jpg

nichy
5th May 2011, 06:18 PM
SO TO SIT LIKE DAIMS (best and low) i would need to cut the strut to get the lowness i want with a full stroke..... if i dont cut it the insert will in the wrong range to work best ?

struts are coming out tonight so will have a good look and a play and see what i can do.

any info is handy though and cheers for the replys

ecko
5th May 2011, 07:15 PM
got a ke/ae 70 whiteline front swaybar for sale got lengthended control arms with nw bushes too
pm me if your keen

spooniluv
5th May 2011, 08:35 PM
i think the easiest conversion is vs commodore stuff???

so u want 5 stud front struts?

i THINK .... fark what was his name....... fancy blue car fella with no sense of humour :P.... he did a bit of fabricating to run something like that

just an update, i have decided to run a carby setup on the ls1, only due to space restrictions, and ease of wiring. after buying a standard manifold i found that there just wasnt enough room to comfortably run a decent cooling system i the front. the only other option i have is to cut a huge part of the firewall out and install a rear hump sump on it but then the whole rear two cylinders will be inside the car, not what i am looking for. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

ecko
5th May 2011, 08:57 PM
fuck that for a joke, carby setup would be horrible,
there has to be a way around it,
upload some pic of what your having trouble with

dungbox
6th May 2011, 01:12 AM
it would be nicer to keep the EFI setup as LS1s are programmable and the LS1EDIT program isn't bad at all, there are some good carb options if you must go that path, and plenty of good tuners about to get it humming, but retaining the factory efi setup makes it a bit more plug and play, and turn key once wired up properly

carby farts are sweet tho

dungbox
6th May 2011, 01:16 AM
also nichy jus follow that how-to thing lazy put up that dimitri/slydar did, it's how daims, joshke's, mine, nearly everyones has been done.

nichy
6th May 2011, 09:25 AM
ah sick will have a good read thiough then... thanks guys.....

do i kow you dungbox ?

floody
6th May 2011, 12:48 PM
rear mounted radiator?

dungbox
6th May 2011, 01:19 PM
i'm ed (waves) used to be 'worked' on here mate, whether we know each other or not i have no idea, i'm very stupid and cant remember half the people i meet

nichy
6th May 2011, 03:09 PM
HAHA i have not met you i dont think...... dont come out much to events and things..... just wondering...

dungbox
6th May 2011, 03:22 PM
i'm sure if we have a cruise or something soon we'll get to say hi

nichy
6th May 2011, 04:20 PM
haha yeah cuz i might stop been soft and come..... i cant be the only rol;la with a 4k hahaha

nichy
9th May 2011, 12:22 PM
coil overs are in and great

nichy
10th May 2011, 01:15 PM
cut and shut lca..... anyone keen to weld em? lol

still cant find sigma ones anywhere

ecko
10th May 2011, 09:43 PM
i have some cut and shut ones with new bushes too mate
also got a whitline sway bar

Gordie
10th May 2011, 10:31 PM
i have some ke55 ones $50

nichy
16th May 2011, 02:42 PM
i have ke55 ones in there....

running rt142 struts so need sigma length 330mm

pm sent ecko

nichy
18th May 2011, 02:02 PM
ra65 p/s arms anyone ?

Delazy
18th May 2011, 06:01 PM
ra65 p/s arms anyone ?

Why ra65? Dnt ae86 bolt up with mininal grinding? Never looked at corona strutz myself, so could b wrong

ecko
18th May 2011, 07:49 PM
yeah they should, isn't jake keen to sell his NP/Heyman Knuckles?

Delazy
18th May 2011, 09:32 PM
yeah they should, isn't jake keen to sell his NP/Heyman Knuckles?

not that ive heard...his only got one pair to sell lol...the other 2 are mine...

*edit* his arent for sale...he put ps knuckles back into the car to simplify it while he gets use to it...definitely going back to np/hey man gear at some point lol

dungbox
18th May 2011, 09:47 PM
cut and shut knuckles are so last year...

Delazy
18th May 2011, 11:56 PM
cut and shut knuckles are so last year...

lol, sooo true....so many ppl have had those knuckles, yet only one car has actually ran them....

nichy
19th May 2011, 11:18 AM
i didn;t know that is was only a little bit of grinding...... i have herd that though....

cant do that with rca's then ?

plus ra65 arms go cheap.... where as ae86 ones are not haha ...... keen for some good priced ones though....

Delazy
19th May 2011, 11:31 AM
i didn;t know that is was only a little bit of grinding...... i have herd that though....

cant do that with rca's then ?

plus ra65 arms go cheap.... where as ae86 ones are not haha ...... keen for some good priced ones though....

Non power steering ae86 arms are basically given away...ive bought atleast 6 pairs in the last 12 months and never paid more than $20

Ae86 power steering arms are about $150 give or take and substanially shorter...

From memory ra65 power steering arms are the same length as normal 86 arms...waste of time

nichy
19th May 2011, 12:10 PM
give me a set of non ps ae86 arms then lazy haha..... i dont know where i can get some modded if i get some though... thats my only issue. if i knew that i would get my lca lengthend too

Delazy
19th May 2011, 02:25 PM
give me a set of non ps ae86 arms then lazy haha..... i dont know where i can get some modded if i get some though... thats my only issue. if i knew that i would get my lca lengthend too

If ur going to run ra6x arms happily, then your going to hav the same lock as ae86 non ps anyways..

i do hav the original modified heyman knuckles for sale..

but no1 would pay wat they owe me..so better as a paperweight i think

nichy
19th May 2011, 03:45 PM
See what comes about.... I just wanna lock shit up !!!!!

nichy
24th May 2011, 04:34 PM
steering rack for ae86/ke70 anyone ? want to rebuilt one out of the car as mine is fucked..

nichy
6th June 2011, 06:34 PM
ok so found out i have 2 different length steering arms by 2.5cm........ explains alot.

so if anyone has anything p/s or not to fit corona or ae86(will make fit) that they wannt give away or cheap p/s arms then let me know asap cheers

Damon550
13th June 2011, 08:23 PM
i got some ra60 ones but the bolt holes have the wrong hole centers for 86 struts

nichy
14th June 2011, 11:08 AM
i have corona struts in my car man....... so should be right i think..... would give me something to get chopped up :)

how much you want for em.. pm or msg me

Bustin_86
20th June 2011, 01:30 PM
I've got some stock ADM 86 arms if you want em. $20 should do, my shed needs some weight reduction.

Skid_KE70
18th July 2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/3/1/2298.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/26400810150329570850505.jpg/)

:)

nichy
18th July 2011, 04:41 PM
about to order some goodies from T3 :) should get the 4AGE closer to life and ke handeling better

bottom end is completed - top end is complete . just need to put them together.

will be looking for bolt on bit's soon re - starter , alto , dizzy , pullies.

ecko
18th July 2011, 07:11 PM
If you need any genuine bits let me know

machg
19th July 2011, 12:46 AM
A front wheel drive silvertop waterpump would be nice, anyone?

Delazy
19th July 2011, 12:47 AM
unsure what gear you would be buying from T3...quads adaptor plate is about all i can think of...other better made products available locally...

nichy
19th July 2011, 01:37 PM
haha if i had ae86 struts then yeah it would be easier.

t3 steering arms to suit rt142/ra60 struts + solid tie rod end
and RCA to suit rt142/ra60 as there $50 cheaper than AJPS (with other parts)

getting quad addapter from them and vac box.... maybe crank pully

where else could i get these lazy -d ? :)

Delazy
19th July 2011, 02:38 PM
forgot u had those gay struts :P

ive got a pulley set id sell if u really feel the need to go a solid pulley rather than stock harmonic balancer...

Cerby86
19th July 2011, 02:47 PM
you know I'm about to put my 4age with quad throttle body setup up for sale. If your interested I could sell you that!

nichy
19th July 2011, 03:37 PM
may look into it dude.... kinda have a fresh motor sitting waiting for me though

haha yeah gay struts for sure man..... other wise i would find it alot easyer to get shit. ah well will all work out.

and i reckon i will run the harmonic balancer..... just dont have anything to go on the motor ATM so can go what every way i want

nichy
19th July 2011, 03:48 PM
got a link for the differnece between running balancer or solid pully's ?

nichy
19th July 2011, 04:10 PM
ok read up...... no point for me

nichy
20th July 2011, 04:24 PM
T3 AE86 CAMBER TOPS FIT KE70 OK ? or suggestions on where to get some cheaper or better?

keep hearing about the caster issues some can cause.

Delazy
20th July 2011, 05:15 PM
Ive got random japanese ae86 ones in my ke70...castor wasnt an
Issue, still dialled in enough that itd break fingers if u werent careful when the wheel self centres...

nichy
21st July 2011, 10:12 AM
haha fair o .....

im running like 4 deg of castor...... daim is running somehting like 8 deg...... mine centres quick enough haha

nichy
26th July 2011, 01:43 PM
Ordered parts from T3 today well off joel at Spirited Drive.

kuckles + tie rod
camber tops + upper hats with bearing
RCA's

should be good :) getting sick of all the bump steer and having NO lock :(

Delazy
26th July 2011, 08:44 PM
nice nice...

currently have some work happening on the ksev finally :)

waiting on clutch release bearing/retaining clip ex japan to arrive so i can bolt the 6 speed to my 3tc...arp flywheel bolts/lightweight flywheel and random concoction of heavy duty clutch is already bolted up...motor already has a 32/36 and extractors on it...

have sent a 2tc distributor away to be rebuilt, converted to electronic pickup and recurved...so will install that with some ignition related goodies and should wake the ole girl up a little...

diff should be assembled soonish aswell...after changing plans with the ae86, ive got a host of bits laying around...so into the ke70 they go...4.3 gears, full spool, solid pinion spacer, new bearings/seals and corona disk rear conversion :D

work has halted due to preparation for WTA next week, but full steam ahead in 2 weeks or there abouts...

*in other news, seems like an xExx gathering of mass proportions is scheduled in tassie later this year...not to be missed...will keep everyone in the loop...but should u have a car in the build...finish it asap...

Bustin_86
26th July 2011, 09:05 PM
More details laze... Where were you last weekend?

Delazy
26th July 2011, 09:32 PM
hr annual bloke ;) dates to be set as yet...im expecting all the tassie guys to show, quite a group of mainlanders making the trek down...will involve gokarts, cruise, drinks, baskerville private track day and lots of other looseness...dates will be november/december ish

unfortunately i got stuck at work :( i sent my love to disco however

Bustin_86
26th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Im down!!!! Winner!!!! Hills ses yeah????

Fair enough, saved you a HTS stubby holder ;)

Cerby86
27th July 2011, 12:07 PM
cool so that sets my deadline for having the 71 off defect and back on the road!

nichy
27th July 2011, 12:27 PM
4age will; not be in and ready by then..... Haha

might have to come pose like a boss :)

Delazy
27th July 2011, 01:33 PM
Im down!!!! Winner!!!! Hills ses yeah????

Fair enough, saved you a HTS stubby holder ;)

West coast, hobart south, east coast and baskerville track session :) go karts thrown in for good measure, along with beers, boobs and skids...

CoR*
1st August 2011, 01:21 PM
Im down for this haha, 5 min lap times at basky with 4ac yiewww xD

brad
1st August 2011, 06:08 PM
hey guys who in hobart area sells kumho tyres? after some ku36s.

nichy
2nd August 2011, 04:04 PM
BOB Jane do mate

ecko
3rd August 2011, 10:14 PM
Brad smith at tyres for less mate,
dont buy from the greedy tyres dealers that dont give a shit about you
sales@tyres4less.com.au

floody
4th August 2011, 10:41 AM
Brad smith at tyres for less mate,
dont buy from the greedy tyres dealers that dont give a shit about you
sales@tyres4less.com.au

What brands do they do? Need some federal FD-1s.

fantapants
4th August 2011, 10:15 PM
anyone got any hookups for a fseries diff? the wreckers want some crazy prices.... like a grand???

Cerby86
5th August 2011, 12:15 AM
i sold one a couple of months ago for $300. I'd had it advertised on and off for ages as well :P
I can't believe wreckers want that much for them, your not telling them what you want it for right? Just go in and say you need a new diff for your tarago lol

nichy
5th August 2011, 10:20 PM
Tarago diff - 300
Diff for upgrade - 1000

It's too true lol also you know of heaps... just looking for a better price ;)

fantapants
6th August 2011, 12:16 AM
yeah the wreckers were good with price on the 7a engine, thought i would try them for the diff, and yeah he recons they are mega rare and he has to get it in from north island lol so about a grand...

any one??

or even a tseries?

Bustin_86
6th August 2011, 10:08 AM
You tried wreckers up on the NW coast? I can suss out a couple for your if you would like.

Mmmmmm 86 day. Might give the old girl some lovin!

Ive got big axle t series in the shed, dont think I want to sell though hahaha.

fantapants
6th August 2011, 10:35 AM
yeah u do..... for the cause mate :)

the only wreckers i have tried really was moonah cos they are mates with whitey and co.... if you could suggest a few others that might have some? or find one for a superfluous spotters fee :)

Bustin_86
6th August 2011, 01:53 PM
Haha ill think about it dude. Reckon i might make an exception for you.

Camdale wreckers might have one?

Bustin_86
6th August 2011, 01:55 PM
And no spotters fee required!!!!

fantapants
6th August 2011, 08:09 PM
ill hit up camdale monday. engine wont be together for a few months, but need the bus rolling clean for the big get together in december :)

skin
8th August 2011, 10:14 PM
AnyOne feel like selling me an 86?

Bustin_86
8th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Somebody pls sell skin an 86 so i can tandem him in the hills like a boss

skin
8th August 2011, 11:21 PM
True ay thought makes me hard

Bustin_86
9th August 2011, 11:44 AM
WTB corolla wagon. Ae71/ke70 pretty flexible. Doesnt need to be regod or mint, will consider anything.

Let me know!

ecko
18th August 2011, 08:31 PM
anyone after a fseries tarago diff?
got one ready to bolt into corona $700
one stock unmodded $400

Delazy
18th August 2011, 11:17 PM
fantapants will be down for the stock unmodded option i imagine

ae71
19th August 2011, 11:40 PM
fantapants will be down for the stock unmodded option i imagine

who you calling fantapants eh?

fantapants
20th August 2011, 07:13 PM
????????????? :)

nichy
23rd August 2011, 02:25 PM
Got my suspension goodies last night, t3 steering arms + tie rod ends , roll centre adjusters and camber tops.

in need of some longer rack ends of the same tyre as a stock ke70 one ie: must have a thread (bolt type) not the tube tyre that you screw into.

have checked out ajps rack spacers ( not lock spacer ) but looking for another option as another $200 bucks is not on the cards right now haha .

any help would be smashing :) i wanna be able to turn a proper circle haha

Delazy
23rd August 2011, 03:53 PM
im lost and not really following what you mean in your post...so excuse me if im talking smack...

why not buy stock rack ends and machine 5-6mm off them in a lathe as ive done with mine...

but realistically if you are running ke70/ae71 rack still the rack will max out teeth wise well before the rest of your "steering components" will...

change to ae86 rack as i am doing, due to it having 2-3 extra teeth...hence more travel :)

nichy
23rd August 2011, 04:15 PM
at full extension my tie rod's bolt upto my steering arms and give me like 6deg toe out on both sides ..... need more adjustment. plain and simple. im not trying to get more lock..... just to get my wheel straight with the steering arms and rods installed.

nichy
24th August 2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220836655823

FOUND THESE...... WOULD THEY WORK ?

nichy
28th August 2011, 04:39 PM
brought ra60 rackends and they now fit well. steering is heavy as a mofo but quick as response and heaps of lock :)

keygs86
10th October 2011, 01:00 AM
Hey guys selling my 86
Silver top 20v pm for more details

nichy
16th October 2011, 01:27 PM
anyone got a drift handbrake button thing to suit ke70 ?

floody
1st November 2011, 02:57 PM
Has anybody wrecked a T18 lately? Badly need a good black/grey passenger door trim. Actually a bunch of door and quarter trim parts, but thats the big priority, last owner removed my trim by yanking it from the top rear corner, while still clamped on by the handle/lock trim and window winder!

nichy
1st March 2012, 03:40 PM
anyone go a 4age bp con rod spare ? not belt haha . found one of my rods is belt and need to get one.

s14seriesII
1st March 2012, 04:21 PM
Only a little bent or a lot ?

nichy
1st March 2012, 04:46 PM
haha i would say fair bent, but i have not seen one that is really bent haha everythig else is fine
would love a gze bottom end but can't sorce one for cheap.

Skid_KE70
22nd March 2012, 06:48 PM
I have a few things in the 'Fo Sail" Section,
Wolf 3D, Camgear, T3 NRCA's Etc

May also have some MA61 Wheels for sale for the right price

nichy
13th April 2012, 11:23 AM
anyone got a stock 4k ke70 tail shaft ?

Skid_KE70
18th April 2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/70187-TAS-MA61-Supra-14x7-set-includes-centre-caps

nichy
28th May 2012, 06:25 PM
engine finally out of red ke..... looking for ae71 crossmember and parts to 4age the bitch

ecko
30th May 2012, 01:06 PM
Ive got 4a mounts mate

nichy
30th May 2012, 03:31 PM
cheers bro but will be going with the ajps one's as mount lower.......

i need cross member and pedal box ATM.... maybe looking at loom.... but enigne wont be in for a long time. so need to get everything

Delazy
30th May 2012, 04:43 PM
Ajps sell lower mounts?? Since when??

Rubbers?? Could well be cusco

Or the actual mount??

nichy
31st May 2012, 09:55 AM
haha sorry lazy... come on dont be like that. you know full well what i ment :)

aso yes cusco ones are what i will be going unless you have better option lazy-D ?

Delazy
31st May 2012, 10:17 AM
Nah cusco rubbers are good, I have them going into my ae86. They drop the motor ~12mm.

I've also got aftermarket lowered mounts. My motor should sit 30mm lower pending crossmember clearance.

nichy
31st May 2012, 10:46 AM
are the bits for ajps all i need to buy ? they just slot/bolt into the cross member yeah... havent got my xmember yet so havent seen one.

not issue with gearbox mounting ect ?

nichy
1st June 2012, 12:07 PM
4 x 25mm bolt on wheel spacers suit ke for sale.

looking for $100.00 a pair

nichy
7th June 2012, 01:45 PM
have a 32/36 manual choke webber suit 4k-c for sale. was running on my car mint after i changed some jets around and what not.

needs air filter.

looking for $200.00 ono

skin
8th June 2012, 07:35 PM
t 18 t series rear end with rear half shaft if wanted for sale

$250 for diff
$100 for half shaft

fantapants
8th June 2012, 08:31 PM
hey skin.... facebook me about this :)

nichy
12th June 2012, 01:45 PM
engine bay is striped ..... rear guards cut out and lhs has front guard attached.... fits 15x10 -0 very well.

still needing a xmember badly...seems to be none about

taz_rx
12th June 2012, 02:13 PM
engine bay is striped ..... rear guards cut out and lhs has front guard attached.... fits 15x10 -0 very well.

still needing a xmember badly...seems to be none about

Were's the pics!!?

nichy
12th June 2012, 02:55 PM
I mmsed you many pics.... Will try get some on here asap. Thought you were just ignoring me ha ha

skin
12th June 2012, 06:07 PM
Selling my genuine bride zeta 2 in good conditon, no rips, with bride drivers rail for 86.

Chasing $700 for the pair

skin
12th June 2012, 06:09 PM
pair meaning, one seat one rail

nichy
13th June 2012, 05:51 PM

attached are some shit photos of 15x 10 - 0 on the rear of the car with 195/55 on it and it rolls .

Will get some more up tomorrow with the new guard on the rear. Still heaps of work to make the guard look good but i have the time haha then the other one :(

having alot of trouble getting a decent weld on the rear guard though as it keeps burning through no matter what i do... Any ideas? As i know some people have had the same issue but a good welder could do it easy. ( will figure it out i guess lol )

also still chasing a ae71 x-member !!!!!

Damon550
15th June 2012, 12:31 AM
dont weld.
just tack in opposite places and keep halving and cooling with a damp rag isnt a bad idea to stop the heat warping the panel too much
tack weld in a similar manner as you would do up wheel nuts

nichy
15th June 2012, 10:13 AM
Dammon. Its wont even tack dude. Fucked up

Cerby86
15th June 2012, 11:48 AM
Stick welder? You've turned the amps down right?

nichy
15th June 2012, 12:59 PM
Mig bro. Yes have everything down. There are only two adjustments

klusio
15th June 2012, 03:20 PM
Try pushing some thicker material behind if possible, ally or copper will help as the steel won't stick to it

nichy
15th June 2012, 03:43 PM
as in in the wheel arch on the inside or between the two bits of metal ?
im guessing its just to let a bit more heat be able to come into the metal ?

cheers kieran

taz_rx
15th June 2012, 03:45 PM

attached are some shit photos of 15x 10 - 0 on the rear of the car with 195/55 on it and it rolls .

Will get some more up tomorrow with the new guard on the rear. Still heaps of work to make the guard look good but i have the time haha then the other one :(

having alot of trouble getting a decent weld on the rear guard though as it keeps burning through no matter what i do... Any ideas? As i know some people have had the same issue but a good welder could do it easy. ( will figure it out i guess lol )

also still chasing a ae71 x-member !!!!!

Oh god..... and that's why I didn't get my 195 potenza stretched onto them!!!

nichy
15th June 2012, 03:50 PM
haha yeh the 195 is a bit much..... would go 205 lol

Cerby86
15th June 2012, 06:35 PM
Cool, yeah the steel behind will act as a heat sink and also help a bit with the steel "blowing" away.
Not much of an expert with migs but I'm thinking having your wire feed too low might cause problems as well? I could be completely wrong though

nichy
15th June 2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah cheers guys. Will give it a crack this weekend

Damon550
18th June 2012, 08:30 PM
find a decent mig with gas and prob 0.8 wire.... problem solved

nichy
19th June 2012, 09:44 AM
bring yours down and do it for me :) problem solved easier haha

Damon550
27th June 2012, 11:26 PM
bring the car to me then welder is a tad big to fit in the boot

nichy
27th June 2012, 11:39 PM
No motor in car and no trailer lol. I will get it when i get some spare time and its not so dam cold in the shed!

nichy
5th July 2012, 12:03 PM
Needed urgent! 4age big port crank to suit early 3 rib block and pistons. Mine is stuffed!!!!!

Damon550
9th July 2012, 06:30 PM
i may have one but ive only got the bottom end and its got 3 ribs

ill trade you for a working booster

nichy
9th July 2012, 06:59 PM
Lol i only have the one booster and its going back on my car..... Shit house... Ummm that would be what i need.... Will see what i can come up with

skin
10th July 2012, 03:31 PM
Selling mine

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/72052-JDM-Levin-86-with-built-engine

skin
20th August 2012, 12:37 AM
Hey dudes im chasing some interior plastics for mine in the adm brown color.

I need a parcel shelf, the two pods that the parcel shelf rests on, and the jack cover with the open close tab on it.

Cheers dudes

nichy
22nd August 2012, 11:56 AM
anyone wanna buy my wantanabe's ? open to offers

nichy
22nd August 2012, 11:57 AM
14x6.5 and 14x7 unsure of offset's.

lots of pics in my build thread

jamesm
16th September 2012, 09:09 PM
building a ke, just a budget track car with bits laying round. 16v etc

after a flat front bonnet, stone tray and wiper panel if anyone has anything about

Skid_KE70
24th September 2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/73527-Coilover-Sale-AE86-Front-Rear-Springs-amp-Shocks-S13-Rear?p=894636#post894636
coilovers for sale.

also have KE70 flat front grille, bonnet, headlights & Surrounds - Make Offers

Cheers

klusio
2nd October 2012, 12:07 AM
Im chasing a complete ae71 or ae86 health of the engine isnt important,
the more stock and un-molested the better

Keep your eyes peeled for me fellars!

Damon550
4th October 2012, 08:29 PM
here ladies and gentlemen i have nolothane bushes in ke70/ae71/ae86 upper and lower rear controll arms/ trailing arms
they cost me $200 for only bushes brand new have done 5000km since then
will stop axle tramp and rear end float great bang for your buck

i would like to receive $150 for my troubles of having them sold complete in the arms
i may part with them for less if your a nice enough chap

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97209

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97206

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
14th October 2012, 12:47 AM
Selling an impulse purchase, anyone after a cheap daily?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/73875-TAS-ST162-Celica-White-Lightning-Clean-Straight-Tasteful-Additions-amp-Cheap!?p=897268#post897268

Better post something 86 relevant... it's still here, sporting a Motec M84 and a few extra goodies now, still being used as was originally intended & built for and is also SI registered for days when I feel that I want to take it for a legal lash around the local rural roads.

Skid_KE70
19th October 2012, 09:11 AM
I bought some more work wheels, this will make my total of 8x work equips, and 4x work xd9s on my s14 :)

jamesm
25th October 2012, 09:17 AM
have a few rwd bigport bits for sale, posted them in forsale section if anyone wants to look

brad
25th October 2012, 02:54 PM
hi guys got an ae82 twincam that has been used as a khana cross car, bigport, pretty much mechanically complete, body not so. want to get rid of it, $600 as is, or $500 without rally tyres. suit engine conversion etc.

Cerby86
17th November 2012, 03:51 PM
My ae71 is up for sale. Check out the gumtree ad here, http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1983-toyota-corolla-sedan-with-mod-plate/1009623106
I'll probably put an ad up in the for sale here but not sure if that many taswegians will see it :P

skin
1st December 2012, 11:55 AM
t series read end for sale, series 2 with sway bar mounts

It has the pumpkin or what ever you call it but no ring gear / pinions or centre.

Pic your own ratio and lsd.

$250

dr_16v
4th December 2012, 06:12 PM
wanted to buy 4ag smallport dizzy

Damon550
5th December 2012, 05:25 PM
i have one i think it was missing the cap

dr_16v
7th December 2012, 03:22 PM
i have one i think it was missing the cap

PM'd

JoshKE
7th January 2013, 09:46 AM
Hey guys, I'm after some KE70 flat front guards if anyone has any, the straighter the better!

As far as updates go, I'm trying to get my 4AGTE KE ready for the 2013 season of drifting/motorkhanas/supersprints. The carb'd KE still needs a rebuild :(

tobbie92
23rd February 2013, 07:57 PM
G day guys, after a few bits and pieces for my KE70 if anyone can help - Mainly need some XT130 Struts with brakes etc, may look at ae86 struts also.. pending $$. Also chasing a TRD 2 way centre for a Zenki T series if anyone has one they will part with!

Cheers, Tobbie.

spoz
8th October 2013, 08:21 AM
Hi all hope everyone well.
I have a 20v samq's water cooling kit and a stock ecu if anyone wants to buy it or knows of anyone that wants it.
2000$
Inbox me I'll get it eventually
Email me and I'll get it straight away.
Barber.on.george@hotmail.com

luca
1st December 2013, 08:59 PM
hi all looking for a steering rack to suit a ra65 celica, thanks luca

spoz
1st September 2014, 12:35 AM
Im looking for bumper strips.
need the two off the left and right front guards.

klusio
3rd November 2014, 09:32 PM
smells like farts in here