PDA

View Full Version : holy roller

arrex7
8th March 2010, 06:16 PM
gday fellas had this for a while now picked it up about april last year i think.
bought it so me and a couple of mates could give a go drifting it had a
22re motor in it with a corroded head
5 speed w57? i think box behind itwelded diff still in it supprised it still holding in there
horrible cut springs .
and mags
the idea was to fix it and take it out to the drifts something went wrong along the way...........

a few nights of waiting and we got bored and pulled out the 22re
and in went the new motor
so after takin it out a couple of times realised the brakes werent up to the task.
so the onlyway i could solve that was different struts.
so in went xt130 struts hhhmmmm nice brakes now.
then was havin issues with the hand brake kept on adjusting up darned thing.
so shes got corona discs on the rear now was intending on hydro so that went in too.
so i didint bother tryin to make the cable hand brake work
so now i have xt130 lca in it as well
a friend of mine cut and shut the steering arms so itsnow 3 turns lock to lock.
i wired up the engine loom into the corolla one so all that dont work now is reverse lights
and horn cause my steering wheel dont have the button but i can live with that..
so at the moment shelooks somethin like this.....

4agte70
8th March 2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah and he enjoys thrashing the shit out of it most practice nights, looks like fun man and good to see something different thats built on a budget. Kinda guessed it had the commie v6 by the note

Jman_KE70
8th March 2010, 07:17 PM
I remember seeing this out at drift school in october last year and wondered engine it had in it.

arrex7
8th March 2010, 07:19 PM
good to see theres some guys with open minds out there, yeah that exhaust sound is hard to disguise but all it was meant to be is a cheap way to get out and have some fun
ive had this thing out at nearly every drift prac and school since october last year and the only thing that has gone wrong is the shifter came loose and the alternator died on the weekend
dont think thats a bad effort.

sleeperketo70
8th March 2010, 07:26 PM
yeh good work mate as long as ur having fun just ignore the others. bet the 3.8 engine goes well in a car that ways probs half the weight of a commo?

arrex7
8th March 2010, 07:30 PM
ive taken this over the weigh bridge and with everything in the car except for roof lining and carpet it weighs 1040kg.
since then ive pulled out everything but front seats and dash.

keimeier
8th March 2010, 10:57 PM
nice was waiting for a thread on this! built on a budget that it mate! may i ask hows it mounted? custom engine mounts? what engine/gearbox x-member? custom tailshaft?

Evocom
9th March 2010, 11:11 AM
was waiting to see this up here. This thing is a wicked budget beast. Great to see it out the track getting caned every chance you get. I can't wait to see the next one out with it. ;]

arrex7
9th March 2010, 12:44 PM
nice was waiting for a thread on this! built on a budget that it mate! may i ask hows it mounted? custom engine mounts? what engine/gearbox x-member? custom tailshaft?

mounting it wasnt to hard it was more clearance in the tunnel using standard commo mounts just made up some plates on the cross memberso i could use the standard rubbers.
gearbox is commo too with a custom x memberand i use all 4 cross member bolts so the cross member resembles a c shape and made up a 1 peice tail shaft with the commy uni at front and the rolla uni at back.
everything was done so it would be easy to fix if anything broke.

keimeier
9th March 2010, 12:53 PM
nice bit of ingenuity love it!

arrex7
14th March 2010, 08:43 PM
thought i wpuld give an update of work done this was done over the xmas break.
it had the normal rust in the middle of the rear guard so had this done.
so it now has primered rear guards.

arrex7
14th March 2010, 08:57 PM
oh yeah had some extra lock on it as well so ill put some pics of that up in the next day or so
ive actually had to put some stoppers in the steering cause it turns till it hits the chassis rails butall good none the less.

R&D Mechanical
14th March 2010, 09:00 PM
get more offset to clear the rails :) thats what i did

arrex7
15th March 2010, 08:05 PM
is this enough lock or do you guys think i need more?
i havent used lock spacers either and you can just use your little finger as clearance between
the front rail and the tyre

Jman_KE70
15th March 2010, 08:28 PM
+1 on getting more offset. i destroyed a tyre at drift school when it come into contact with the chassis rail it ruined the rest of my day. i was running xt130 lca, lock spacer and ma61 rims, now im running adjustable lca, ps arms, lock spacer, 14x8-10 and i now have a lot more clearance and lock with this setup

arrex7
26th July 2010, 03:54 PM
well i thought i would do a bit of an update on holy well.....................nothin has changed just been havin a ball out at practice but i do have somthin comin a custom tank comin was gonna get a surge tank but my freind decided he could make a tank for holy with baffles and a well in it so i wouldnt need a surge tank so yippee.
but seriously after bein asked over and over why im not competing with it im lookin into what i have to do to it to pas and it doesnt seem much so well see anyway im chuckin some pics up from satdys practice

R&D Mechanical
27th July 2010, 08:01 PM
Great driving on the weekend dude, improving so much!

arrex7
28th July 2010, 09:52 PM
just gettin more used to the thing its a bit of a handful to drive but fun none the less

obey wan boenny
31st July 2010, 08:40 PM
Smoke show. Entering next G1/Stadium Drift?

arrex7
13th September 2010, 09:40 PM
smoke show?? what were you watchin?

arrex7
13th September 2010, 09:50 PM
ok havent posted anything for a while been slack well was lookin at puttin in a surge tank and a mate that was gonna make it asked if i wanted a drop tank with a well in the botoom of it
HELL YEAH I WANT ME ONE OF THEM!!!!! so got it back satdy mornin tank is in. kinda pissed at the moment put a relay in the boot so had full power to the pump guess what relay rooted one less pump in the world!!!
they dont take kindly runnin without any fuel goin through them! f**ken relay. any way catch can comin should be here this week.
ummm oh yeah covered the rear bulk head and parcel shelf. fire extinguisher in tank in catch can on way, blue triangle got it hey she might just beready to look at scrutineering??

Beau
13th September 2010, 10:56 PM
You get the "Beau Approval"

fuck yes!

arrex7
8th November 2010, 05:39 PM
well it was an interesting practice on the weekend started great then second session whilst doin a scando into turn 1 (adelaide people know what i mean) just felt wrong and big lose and managed to cleanup the last lot of tyres
but in sayin that i dont think ive done to bad with it up till now. munged a guard and snapped a steering arm so not to much damage!
what happened to the pics?
anyone know of any slant front guards for sale? preference to beige. ive got some flat front but really dont want to convert it

ke_70
8th November 2010, 06:43 PM
just hit it with a hammer :) fixed

arrex7
20th February 2011, 09:17 PM
well thought id better give you guys an update havent done a darn thing to holy kinda bummed with that but i have been flat out building myself a car trailer!have ya seen the price of hire trailers lately jeez anyway its just about done just have to make a winch post wire it up and paint it so not much left to do.........hhmmm still a bit aye.

arrex7
29th April 2011, 11:50 PM
well bit of an update my trailer is painted and so is holy when i work out how to get the pics off me phone ill post some up

arrex7
1st May 2011, 12:54 AM
well got some photos off me phone but havent had a chance to take some of it finished bein painted so primer will have to do

ke_70
1st May 2011, 11:16 PM
just resprayed beige again?
still drive it much?

arrex7
2nd May 2011, 12:15 PM
only been out once since stackin it at the last prac last year but thats because i was spendin time and money buildin a trailer. but have a few bits ready to go on .found some camber tops a cage so lookin forward to doin matsui or whatever its called with some passengers missed the weekend drift because of paint but hopin to make the next one.and colour its not beige painted it a colour i havent seen out there yet.

JMack95
22nd March 2015, 11:47 AM
is there any chance you have photos of the gearbox mount, im doing an ecotec into a ke30 conversion and am kinda stuck on that part at the moment