PDA

View Full Version : DA Fucked again...

ae8zn6
12th March 2010, 11:11 AM
90 degree entertainment just released an open statement that, from what I gathered, said "sorry, off till further notice". Lame...

Good thing I hadn't yet gotten around to ask for sponcership

I just want to get on the track again one day

marvis
12th March 2010, 12:08 PM
Oh no.. That's terrible.

Link?

ae8zn6
12th March 2010, 12:16 PM
Clicky clicky (http://driftaustralia.com.Au/news/article/25/an-open-statement-from-ninety-degree-entertainment)

was wondering when the super drift entry forms were comming

MeZ Prod
12th March 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh no.. That's terrible.

Link?

It is terrible, it means there is no major national series whilst some people may have no interest in it, it does promote drift in Australia.

marvis
12th March 2010, 04:22 PM
I know what it means, I don't care for it. It is promoted to the wrong people.

No DA = Less bogans interested in drifting = less bad coverage for us.

Bogans.

MeZ Prod
12th March 2010, 05:19 PM
lol your an idiot there will always be bogans.

ae8zn6
12th March 2010, 05:26 PM
Easy to say when your in a state that still has drift events running....

...Still nothing in NSW... Lame

Dom86
12th March 2010, 06:06 PM
I know what it means, I don't care for it. It is promoted to the wrong people.

No DA = Less bogans interested in drifting = less bad coverage for us.

Bogans.

Yeh cos street drifting is heaps better and less bogan hey?

keiichi
12th March 2010, 06:23 PM
marvis rings true - DA was a good effort but watch msc, D1, even malaysia drift comps, NZ, and in america now its going off... red bull drifting championship :D australia has never been a great place for motorsport. the biggest and best motorsport event here is just an extended kfc ad where bogans get together to drink beer and argue ford or holden.

keiichi
12th March 2010, 06:26 PM
Yeh cos street drifting is heaps better and less bogan hey?

hes talking about DA, not track days. where does he say street drifting :S seriously.

MeZ Prod
12th March 2010, 06:26 PM
marvis rings true - DA was a good effort but watch msc, D1, even malaysia drift comps, NZ, and in america now its going off... red bull drifting championship :D australia has never been a great place for motorsport. the biggest and best motorsport event here is just an extended kfc ad where bogans get together to drink beer and argue ford or holden.

Its going off because instead of people sitting around and having a whinge at how it "Brings all the bogans to the yard" They're out there supporting it.

pen15
12th March 2010, 06:39 PM
fuck the track skid the street im gonna keep saying it as its fucked up on the track waste of time/ money

keiichi
12th March 2010, 06:44 PM
Its going off because instead of people sitting around and having a whinge at how it "Brings all the bogans to the yard" They're out there supporting it.

hey im sure theres lots of 'american bogans' going to their one. we just dont have the population to support such a 'crazy out there' sport, so, in my opinion, itll never be great here. which is ok.

and the people who sit around supposedly whinging or what-ever is pretty irrelevant. i know i support drifting but in a different way which is somewhat different to how its publicly understood in australia, which is that its an extended burnout which people copied from the fast and furious - in my opinion (which is not entirely my own) DA is to a degree responsible for that. fantastic, but as long as theres a national comp to put on tv right? driftings reputation in australia is so fucked its beyond repair, i cant even say i drift to alot of people without getting a dirty look or an embarrassed response. not that i care, just how it is.
and thus therefor youre wrong and im right.

mack 10
12th March 2010, 07:05 PM
If you hit a curb sucked in! Go and fix the fucking thing, get back out there and just fucking rip the streets up. On the street is the fucking way to do it. Fuck tracks there for poofs that dont like trees!

keiichi
12th March 2010, 07:08 PM
If you hit a curb sucked in! Go and fix the fucking thing, get back out there and just fucking rip the streets up. On the street is the fucking way to do it. Fuck tracks there for poofs that dont like trees!

denzo or something whats his name again?

MeZ Prod
12th March 2010, 07:10 PM
i know i support drifting but in a different way which is somewhat different to how its publicly understood in australia,
Lol so you support drifting in a different way, but different to how the public perceive drifting? WTF IS THIS SENTENCE TRYING TO SAY?

How the fuck is D.A responsible for a negative response in the community? It shows people drifting legally on a track???

i cant even say i drift to alot of people without getting a dirty look or an embarrassed response. not that i care, just how it is.

Who the fuck are you hanging out with, Mike Rann?
When people ask what I film, I always tell them Drifting and I ALWAYS end up with an intrigued/interested response. Not once have I ever copped a dirty look. Matter a fact it's always a positive response and thats from both ends of the scale in the age group.

Sorry bro just telling you how it is. I think you will find I'm right and you're a dick

keiichi
12th March 2010, 07:24 PM
youre getting upset on the internet and calling someone you dont even know a dick because i have a different opinion to your own which you obviously interpreted wrong to what it actually is, since this is the internet and that happens... and im not your bro.

MeZ Prod
12th March 2010, 07:32 PM
Lol im not getting upset and i swear and call people names all the time, so i think youve interpreted the internetz wrong.
I just love it how everyones all like "Fuck D.A" Which is the general gist of your post. Yet do they realise they're killing the sport by not supporting it.

Personally I do prefer street to track (not that I drive, but in the general theme of things) But just because you feel that way doesn't mean you can't support comps.

Dom86
12th March 2010, 08:08 PM
hes talking about DA, not track days. where does he say street drifting :S seriously.

I was referring to his past posts and constantly promoting of street drifting.

I will agree that Australia is sub standard in drifting, but you can either support what we have and help it get better or you can let it fizzle out. I will also agree that our lack of population is some what to blame for this.

Hitting a tree or curb is the least of your problems when street drifting. How about killing yourself or a mate or inocent person?
You can keep kidding yourself thinking that it will never happen to you, but it will in some way eventually.

DA or any track drifting has never done anything anything but promote the sport in a positive way.

Its knobs who constanly brag and film their street antics because they think they are the next DK who give drifting a bad name. You are not Japanese living in Japan, get over yourself...

Filming yourself and putting it on the web IS RETARDED in everyway!

Sure going to the track is expensive, but it's safe and you can push yourself and your car to the limit.

If you think you all that just cos you street drift, why not test yourself on the track against people?

I understand street drifting is exciting and cheaper, but there is no need to brag and fuck it up for the rest of us.

If you want to be a wanker, nobody else needs to know.

keiichi
12th March 2010, 08:42 PM
Lol im not getting upset and i swear and call people names all the time, so i think youve interpreted the internetz wrong.
I just love it how everyones all like "Fuck D.A" Which is the general gist of your post. Yet do they realise they're killing the sport by not supporting it.

Personally I do prefer street to track (not that I drive, but in the general theme of things) But just because you feel that way doesn't mean you can't support comps.

lol fair enough.
and well, personally im not like "fuck DA" which reading my post again it does look like that but ive never been good at putting my thoughts on paper so to speak. i like the actuality of it but not how its interpreted/presented (due to many factors), best i can put it i guess. things like how they used fast and furious publicity to bring people to the events when it came out at the cinemas. then shows like ACA say "drifting, inspired by the movie fast and furious tokyo drift, is the new hoon thing" (roughly quoted), we all now ACA is bullshit but 'the general public' lap it up.
therefor, bad coverage. which as i said, is partly, undeniably DA's responsibility - which isnt meant to be a negative statement just my understanding of the truth.
i would also like to add i think your vids are fucking awesome, and thats how drifting should be understood. i would happily introduce someone to drifting with one of your vids, short of the real thing.

keiichi
12th March 2010, 08:46 PM
I was referring to his past posts and constantly promoting of street drifting.

I will agree that Australia is sub standard in drifting, but you can either support what we have and help it get better or you can let it fizzle out. I will also agree that our lack of population is some what to blame for this.

Hitting a tree or curb is the least of your problems when street drifting. How about killing yourself or a mate or inocent person?
You can keep kidding yourself thinking that it will never happen to you, but it will in some way eventually.

DA or any track drifting has never done anything anything but promote the sport in a positive way.

Its knobs who constanly brag and film their street antics because they think they are the next DK who give drifting a bad name. You are not Japanese living in Japan, get over yourself...

Filming yourself and putting it on the web IS RETARDED in everyway!

Sure going to the track is expensive, but it's safe and you can push yourself and your car to the limit.

If you think you all that just cos you street drift, why not test yourself on the track against people?

I understand street drifting is exciting and cheaper, but there is no need to brag and fuck it up for the rest of us.

If you want to be a wanker, nobody else needs to know.

well we have a problem here in vic at the moment, maybe you can take the time to sign up to this site and support the movement and get your friends to aswell :)

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/share-your-ideas/item/root/build-a-drag-strip-in-melbourne.html#content (says drag strip but will include driver training course/skid pan, circuit/drift track and more aswell)

driftnick13
14th March 2010, 12:40 AM
the only way i see drifting getting better is when there are some more tracks and track owners who dont treat drifters like shit, once the Adelaide Motorplex and Buddy Parts tracks are built drifting in SA will be so much better

the old DA wont work with what we have now

you would have to try pretty hard to kill yourself or someone else while street drifting

someone doing some skids in the middle of no where at 2am is far from fucking it up for the rest of you, the government and media are the ones that are doing that, making it look like "hoons" cause all the deaths on our roads and saying that building them a track would only make it worse

Dom86
14th March 2010, 02:24 PM
you would have to try pretty hard to kill yourself or someone else while street drifting

someone doing some skids in the middle of no where at 2am is far from fucking it up for the rest of you, the government and media are the ones that are doing that, making it look like "hoons" cause all the deaths on our roads and saying that building them a track would only make it worse

Thats the thing my friend, when you do try too hard for the street. It's the unpredictability of the street. thats the benefit of the track, its constant with the only surprise sand on the track and maybe someone spinning in front of you.
I agree you can limit the variables, but your own arrogance will be what gets you in the end, not you, all of us.
And your not fucking it up for the rest of us if you keep your mouth shut, and don't put videos up for the world to see.
Plus most of the Aus street drift vids are not good at all and not worth the down load and time to watch them lol.

Todd
14th March 2010, 03:00 PM
I know what it means, I don't care for it.

then why did you post in the thread with your attitude?

leave it to people who actually have a care for the promotion of drifting within australia. who knows, benefactors may even see the potential the sport has and offer to put money in to build you more tracks?
will save you racking up those defects you so strongly dislike.

i hardly see why DA was seen by a bad thing from some people. you get 'bogans' at every public event in australia, especially those allied with motor sports.

sundee
14th March 2010, 03:16 PM
i think - DA Ruined drift in Aus - to much of a corporation type vibe, to much cash, to money hungry, entry fees's were just about unachievable, spectator entry was a rip, their was literaly zero entertainment value and i say this for on track and off track... and it all just bit them in the keister.
Drift gets a bad name from how its percieved from the public eye, the mis-informed see it as just burnouts and "hoons" and "bogans" and drifting on the street is just stupid really, although maybe fun , its in the public eye, and they dont like it.

NSW needs a drift orientated circuit!...guys have faith... it will happen.. and closer to most of you then you think!
anyone have a suggestion on the best way to get a list of the guys/girls in the community that would support such a project?

shichi~
14th March 2010, 03:49 PM
DA or no DA
Drift or no Drift in AUS

Doesnt really bother me because ill keep drifting either way and i hope all fake cunts quit because its not cool anymore :D

H8CHIR6KU
14th March 2010, 05:11 PM

your a tool!! you really think it would be that hard to try and kill someone on the street when your pushing your car to near its limits!. i think you should hand your license in! people die in car accidents driving in 50 zones and you think that you wont hurt somebody when you push your car hard at more than 50?

example: my mum was killed at an intersection in an industrial area, she was driving home from my brothers and a car ran a stop sign and hit her. killed instantly. coroners exam showed he wasnt speeding just ran the sign. that was 1 in the morning.

so what your saying is your gonna drive safely when street drifting? you gonna stop at the stop signs, never break the speed limit?

your a fool that shouldnt be on the road if you dont think somebody could get killed

MeZ Prod
14th March 2010, 05:41 PM
lol fair enough.
and well, personally im not like "fuck DA" which reading my post again it does look like that but ive never been good at putting my thoughts on paper so to speak. i like the actuality of it but not how its interpreted/presented (due to many factors), best i can put it i guess. things like how they used fast and furious publicity to bring people to the events when it came out at the cinemas. then shows like ACA say "drifting, inspired by the movie fast and furious tokyo drift, is the new hoon thing" (roughly quoted), we all now ACA is bullshit but 'the general public' lap it up.
therefor, bad coverage. which as i said, is partly, undeniably DA's responsibility - which isnt meant to be a negative statement just my understanding of the truth.
i would also like to add i think your vids are fucking awesome, and thats how drifting should be understood. i would happily introduce someone to drifting with one of your vids, short of the real thing.

Cheers mate ;)

Dom86
14th March 2010, 09:32 PM
Well said sundee. Agreed 100%. They were money hungry whores that fucked themselves.
I thought I heard something on Triple J today about a drift series starting in may? Any one?....I missed the start of the story.

Exactly H8chir6ku, unpredictable. Unfortunately some people need it to happen to them to understand. Maybe I'm getting old lol....

keiichi
14th March 2010, 10:14 PM
your a tool!! you really think it would be that hard to try and kill someone on the street when your pushing your car to near its limits!. i think you should hand your license in! people die in car accidents driving in 50 zones and you think that you wont hurt somebody when you push your car hard at more than 50?

example: my mum was killed at an intersection in an industrial area, she was driving home from my brothers and a car ran a stop sign and hit her. killed instantly. coroners exam showed he wasnt speeding just ran the sign. that was 1 in the morning.

so what your saying is your gonna drive safely when street drifting? you gonna stop at the stop signs, never break the speed limit?

your a fool that shouldnt be on the road if you dont think somebody could get killed

i cant know how much that would hurt but basically cars are dangerous in anyone's hands in any situation. what happened seems to not have anything to do with drift but rather an idiot or someone sleepy not paying attention.... just, unlucky. not saying you are but people feel they HAVE TO BLAME something - which doesn't help anyone. nothing to do with drifting or the guy you think is a fool, you're not wise, I'm not, hes not... its irrelevant. doesn't make him a tool OK... spread positive messages if you have to, don't call people you don't know insults. if you think he should hand his license in, then so should everyone else.

*edit* sorry to sound insensitive, i just hate seeing people hating on each-other for no real reason.

H8CHIR6KU
14th March 2010, 10:49 PM
i never said it had anything to do with drifting, but if it can happen so easily when people make small mistakes or take a relaxed attitude in the road, then its common sense that when you push harder and openly break the rules shits gonna go down. guns arent anywhere near as dangerous without a bullet in em. and thats what street drifting is, its a loaded gun

im not hating on him for no real reason. the is a real reason and thats because if shit can happen so easily then when you push boundaries then there is more chance that shit is gonna go wrong.

its one thing to know this when your out there on the street, but to be out there and totally ignorant and blatantly deny that shit goes wrong easily then you shouldnt even be on the road at any time of the day! nobodys invicible and shit does go wrong! if you dont believe that you are a tool

i dont expect people to stop drifting on the street but atleast be aware of the consequences and do what you can to make sure shit doesnt go wrong. it doesnt take much for a car or someone to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

keiichi
14th March 2010, 10:56 PM
what you speak is true but just take heart in knowing that atleast some of us take precautions to make sure nothing goes wrong while still being aware of the consequences - and we're still going to keep doing it.

H8CHIR6KU
14th March 2010, 11:06 PM
^^^ thats my whole point. if your aware of it then you are atleast more cautious. but when you are naive about what can happen thats purely dangerous

driftnick13
14th March 2010, 11:20 PM

most ppl wont push there cars to the limit or anywhere near to it on the street tho, when u do that thats when you crash

i think you'll find most crashes are caused by ppl not paying attention to the road

i know one day i will crash but i'll try my hardest to make it as small as i can, good chance if i do crash into another car it will be because someone wasnt paying attention to the road

call me a tool if you want but if you think that im the worse thing on the road then your blind

sundee
14th March 2010, 11:47 PM
How about i just sum all this crap up - because really your just arguing about something thats ILLEGAL. weather you do it or not or even if its far away from civilization its still ILLEGAL.
In the end it will only be a matter of time untill the cops catch on to you rated section of road and they be waiting one night and it will be all over.

The track you can do it all and not have the risk of loosing your licence, paying some hefty fine to the government or potentially killing an innocent people.

im no Nazzi, id watch some street drift anyday but just be mindful of others and you'll be ok

H8CHIR6KU
15th March 2010, 12:31 AM
most ppl wont push there cars to the limit or anywhere near to it on the street tho, when u do that thats when you crash

i think you'll find most crashes are caused by ppl not paying attention to the road

i know one day i will crash but i'll try my hardest to make it as small as i can, good chance if i do crash into another car it will be because someone wasnt paying attention to the road

call me a tool if you want but if you think that im the worse thing on the road then your blind

doesnt even matter if you push your car to the limits or not or still pushing your car harder than whats considered safe!
i didnt say your the worst thing on the road the fact that you think that its pretty hard to kill yourself or someone else wihile street drifting is proof enough that your too niave and irresponsible to even be able to drive a car.
there are worse things on the road but that doesnt mean that its ok for you to be a tool

driftnick13
15th March 2010, 01:41 AM
k anyway now that DA is stuffed does that mean no drift days for NSW this year?

pen15
15th March 2010, 07:30 AM
why is it when people hear "street drifting" they think its done in a built up area fuck the ignorance of some people even on here ffs if people are doing that you are the dumbest cunts ever i idle through school zones because kids are unpredictable the same way sliding on the streets are with other drivers on the road the only place to drift is the hills in a somewhat controlled environment people that slide with me would tell you the same thing the way we have it working is SAFE but people hear street drifting and think that we are retarded please get over yourselves crazy Carlo i happen to know and you think he was sliding blind corners pft come on he had the road closed off and spotters i drift the same bends i would never slide em if i didnt know what was around the corner did anybody see any cars coming the other way any pedestrians no hikers no they would have heard him coming and if you hear a car going nuts on limiter do you run out on the streets waiting to get hit ffs slide the streets in a safe environment fuck the track track drift should die let drift be the underground sport that's what i say

Todd
15th March 2010, 07:34 AM
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

^^ There's a couple of full stops. Please use them next time?

keiichi
15th March 2010, 08:23 AM
no comp and no drift days, making us turn on eachother

keiichi
15th March 2010, 08:26 AM
k anyway now that DA is stuffed does that mean no drift days for NSW this year?

thats right, you get nothing.
vic is the same - we have winton to drive three hours to to queue up your car and blow the head gasket once every few months but thats about it.
drifting on the street is pure evil and second to attempted manslaughter + no track stuff = australia wants nothing to do with it.

slydar
15th March 2010, 11:59 AM
did anyone even read the whole link. it just says theyre having trouble finalizing things. and that they are still in negotiations to make things better. i.e cheaper and more achievable. TBH it sounds like a good thing, bummer for you guys down south but are there really NO track days at all you can go to? either way overall it doesnt sound like a bad thing, what would have been nice is if some other organization could have picked up the ball instead of DA, who are the ones who fucked it up for everyone in the first place.

driftke70
15th March 2010, 12:05 PM
i think they need to trim the fat, have too many people working on it wanting too much money and stuff.

They need to simplify it, let it grow from a stable platform into something bigger and better over time, its not a "shoot for the moon and miss you'll reach the stars" sort of thing.
I think they should get rid of the licenses, and just have open qualifying, even if they have like 100 people qualify those people still pay an entry fee of like 200 bucks. Pick 32 out of those and go from there. Get some underdogs and crowd favourites.

Any dick head with money can build a 100k car and do d.a, but the people who would do it better dont have money in those quantities.

marvis
15th March 2010, 12:05 PM
^ I agree.

I have nothing to add in which keiichi has not said.

pen15
15th March 2010, 01:18 PM

^^ There's a couple of full stops. Please use them next time?

when i rant i don't use punctuation!

ThatsHowWeRoll
15th March 2010, 01:34 PM
S
o
a
p

o
p
e
r
a
!

worked
15th March 2010, 01:37 PM
lol....
i can't jaw off and say street drift is wrong, i've posted street videos up myself and have no right to hold a 'holier than thou' outlook on it, but seriously, there are road rules, no matter where you are, we go 45 kilometres away from the nearest town, 10k from the nearest house, but that doesn't make it right, the simple fact is we're all asked to abide by some rules and if we don't and get caught we're fucked, and the cops do roll up there, they have been before the big anti hoon thing came in. no amount of arguing and fighting on here will fix it, you know it's wrong so if you get caught or see segments on ACA about it there is nothing you can do, your the one who knows it's against the law when you start your bus up and drive out to your local spot. you can keep doing it, pretty much all of us do, but when your doing it your being a hoon and you know it, surely you can figure out that to the general public who aren't entirely educated in motorsport and cars all they see is a burnout, revving and smoke, no matter the skill or grace or how sick your entry was! deal with it!!!
secondly why fuck the track? ken posted up some footage of him entering a corner in the top of 4th, mint footage, and it shows why the track is the go. you just can't get as loose as that on the street. to be honest dropping the clutch and doing a burnout like most of those gong beaters who got caught in melb and put on hack were doing is tame compared to scando entries on the wrong side of the road at 80-100 kph into corners when you think about it. if i had a family and was driving along minding my own business and some asset of a bloke trying to be luke fink hit me, it'd be shit. spotters can fuck up, radios can go flat, trust me.
street is mint and free and i'll always have a dip, but you can't say if you get busted or hurt someone that it wasn't coming

Dom86
15th March 2010, 02:32 PM

1 good point on why track is better. Why do you want to do it half assed? Sure it's still fun, but its much more fun at twice the speed and twice the angle.

why is it when people hear "street drifting" they think its done in a built up area fuck the ignorance of some people even on here ffs if people are doing that you are the dumbest cunts ever i idle through school zones because kids are unpredictable the same way sliding on the streets are with other drivers on the road the only place to drift is the hills in a somewhat controlled environment people that slide with me would tell you the same thing the way we have it working is SAFE but people hear street drifting and think that we are retarded please get over yourselves crazy Carlo i happen to know and you think he was sliding blind corners pft come on he had the road closed off and spotters i drift the same bends i would never slide em if i didnt know what was around the corner did anybody see any cars coming the other way any pedestrians no hikers no they would have heard him coming and if you hear a car going nuts on limiter do you run out on the streets waiting to get hit ffs slide the streets in a safe environment fuck the track track drift should die let drift be the underground sport that's what i say

Regardless of where your doing it, it's still an unpredictable environment, and there are still too many things to hit.
Carlo's vid is a prime example of of a shit vid. He's a tool! Not because he was street drifting, not because he put his vid on youtube, but because he thought he was good enough to be the stigg with such a poor display of driving.
Drift is not underground anymore... get over it.

Dom86
15th March 2010, 02:48 PM
S
o
a
p

o
p
e
r
a
!

.....and these are the days of our lives......

keiichi
15th March 2010, 02:52 PM
he didnt put it on youtube top gear aus did.

"Carlo's vid is a prime example of of a shit vid. He's a tool!"

well put man well put.

Dom86
15th March 2010, 03:21 PM
Well he's still a tool for entring with that lol.

Thats makes the whole senario all the more funny.

keiichi
15th March 2010, 03:25 PM
i say good on him and suck wang to the people trying to knock him down a notch.

sprinter666
26th March 2010, 01:03 PM
u say well put then good on him :P your a riot kei-dog.

all the arguments here top notch prob not worth the ten min smoko i took to read em but i like the topic so meh.

track junkies, you wouldnt have it without street so get over it, where theres legal theres always the illegal, people wont quit just coz there no track day, drift is out there but every sport has its underground when it comes to cars... drags, illegal burnout comps etc u wanna stop it ban the fucking car completely n buy a horse, i hear some are amazing!

botton line, argue all u want, id love to go to a track day but i cant afford 8 hour drive there and back, 2 and a half tanks of petrol, accomodation, entry fees, only to have something brake pushing it in a 'safe' enviroment then forking out 500 bucks for a towe home, im not sponsored, im not a rich kid, i earn mid range wages, hate my job, love my car but have bills to pay, give me a track hour and a half from cbd with decent entry fees and ill consider it, drifters are generally broke and just want to have fun, dont need money to have fun on the street, 50 bucks at a wreckers can do wonders for gutter incidents. blow an engine pushing it? yeh that wont be expensive.. cost atm i see as them ain factor and in vic lack of places to go... hop on facebook and subscribe to "victoria needs a decent drift track" coz we damn sure do.

keiichi
26th March 2010, 01:13 PM
u say well put then good on him :P your a riot kei-dog.

the well put is intended to be sarcasm

sprinter666
26th March 2010, 01:26 PM
coulda done it beter lol

keiichi
26th March 2010, 01:29 PM
lol yeh we need sarcasm punctuation

sprinter666
26th March 2010, 02:49 PM
truth

Juturna
5th April 2010, 01:40 PM
blah blah blah. DA is gay. street is good but you cant go nuts, track is for refinement. aus government suck's balls.
face it. we live in a nanny state. wanna skid more? move. australians are idiots.

sundee
12th April 2010, 11:23 PM
i think they need to trim the fat, have too many people working on it wanting too much money and stuff.

They need to simplify it, let it grow from a stable platform into something bigger and better over time, its not a "shoot for the moon and miss you'll reach the stars" sort of thing.
I think they should get rid of the licenses, and just have open qualifying, even if they have like 100 people qualify those people still pay an entry fee of like 200 bucks. Pick 32 out of those and go from there. Get some underdogs and crowd favourites.

Any dick head with money can build a 100k car and do d.a, but the people who would do it better dont have money in those quantities.

Thats spot on! - the licencing is rubbish, it brings no competition. some of those guys in DA are not exciting drivers, at the last event at OP the driver performance was crap!! but they have the money for the licence so that guarentees them a spot.
they just wanted to plant a fully grown palm tree instead of starting with a seed and letting it grow. and it died.

Let 100 drivers enter for an achievable fee for ALL drivers and let the best driver win, no the driver with the most funds and sponsoring.
it leaves no room for up n coming drivers to have a crack.
ITs not fun for everyone
and DA has ultimatly stuffed it all up.

ae86hachiroku
13th April 2010, 12:34 AM
The Stadium drift events seem to be getting it right at the moment.

Competition is good, if only the mentality would change of how it's run, still don't quite understand why they use so many damn corners in events.

sundee
13th April 2010, 01:03 AM
how many corners we talking? 3 or so should be enough.

Dom86
15th May 2010, 03:54 PM
In PI Mag this month they have reported that DA is a go go......

Juturna
15th May 2010, 05:52 PM
thats a shame.

Dom86
16th May 2010, 03:19 PM
lol. Give the new guys a go.

worked
17th May 2010, 09:23 PM
why does everyone hate DA??

Delazy
17th May 2010, 09:48 PM
why does everyone hate DA??

90% of them jumped on the hate bandwagon for the sake of it and have little to no understanding of the happenings with event management, marketing, sponsorship etc..

if there is something/someone to hate..hate the global financial crisis..

theres more hate here from nobodies than the hate from the drivers whom drive in DA and the franchise owners whom lost quite some money..

shift_rook
17th May 2010, 09:58 PM
yeah some speak of 5 rounds or something is what pi was saying, better get my car done then :D