PDA

View Full Version : Hail damage

Stej
22nd March 2010, 10:44 PM
Hope everyones car is fine. Been hearing heaps of peoples cars are getting bad hail damage.

Blizzerd
22nd March 2010, 10:52 PM
yeah i was leaving a mates house as it started, freaked out and ran crying back to his house asking for the garage to open.

but a massive massive tree did fall down NEXT to my house, and my other car was right next to it pretty much, i thank god my car was safe, i would have been so so angry

Stej
22nd March 2010, 11:24 PM
Yer been hearing sad stories about peoples cars getting written off because of it.

lach
22nd March 2010, 11:57 PM
i moved my car under the carport as soon as it started. My mums new volvo has about 2000 pin dents in it and all the lights are broken.

lach
22nd March 2010, 11:59 PM
the rain that followed the hail was good fun though :)

Dazzla86
23rd March 2010, 12:05 AM
dudes im at work just out of newman at the moment!! u sayin on arrival home my car is goin to be smashed???

Stej
23rd March 2010, 12:29 AM
Where do u live? Think mostly perth and northern suburbs got the hail.

Nikkojoe
23rd March 2010, 01:35 AM
My 86's are all a-ok in the garage, cant say the same for the sikvia and the ute, ute got owned :s

gonna be fun with insurance now :(

The sikvia had dents anyway, windscreen aint broken so its all good :)

Blizzerd
23rd March 2010, 02:02 AM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11253295&l=3283b9a224&id=597700283

see if you can see this

Todd
23rd March 2010, 02:20 PM
yeah willetton/curtin got some hail too darren. theres a possibiity its broken, but mine was fine parked under a tree. my mums car was not though. dents galore + windscreen smashed.

i got caught in the heaviest of the rain/wind on the way home from uni on my bike, it was fucked.

my computer got fried in the electrical storm so i wont be back online til i get it sorted (currently on uni computer).
hope everyones car is ok

Moebius
23rd March 2010, 04:13 PM
One of my dailys got a cracked windscreen, no dents on anything thankfully, although it might have been an improvement on the ae71.

H8CHIR6KU
23rd March 2010, 06:53 PM
we had 3 customers have their cars towed in today. all of them have seized motors from when they drove thru puddles. its pretty hardcore when you take the plugs out and cant even turn them over by hand!!

also 1 customers car (who wont pick it up) was outside. turns out renault clios have plastic guards, 1 guard completely cracked and a massive whole in it

Waddles
23rd March 2010, 07:39 PM
i was lucky enough to get my car in garage before in all happened. My patio flooded, dogs were freaked out and scared and hid under BBQ cause there bed got wet, poor things.
when i went to work today some of the peoples cars had dents galore, i would have cried if my car was like that, i feel sorry for them.

H8CHIR6KU
23rd March 2010, 07:42 PM
my friends girlfriends car was absolutely fucked by dents and all the windows smashed. she tried to ring the insurance company and it was engaged for most of the day. judging by all the cars ive seen peppered those insurance companies are gonna be handing out alotta money

aaron
23rd March 2010, 11:11 PM
uwa got absolutely belted which everyone has probably seen on the news. lucky i only had classes in the morning and left. so many cars were written off. seriously looks like they were hit with a machine gun

15LIDE
23rd March 2010, 11:11 PM
i feel sorry for u guys!! anyone got any pics of the damage?

aaron
23rd March 2010, 11:14 PM
flick through these
http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/wa-news/hail-storm-hits-perth/20100322-qr1x.html?selectedImage=1

Dazzla86
23rd March 2010, 11:41 PM
far out. talk of the town at work today. youtubed perth storm 22/3/10 sooooo many videos... railway underpass near stanbridges in perth, cars floating!!!! think this storm originated from around newman... the other day on the way home from work on the bus, massive dirty black storm went over camp an then down towards newman. looked nasty as. spewin about everyones cars hey, but hey what can ya do. apparently car yards are floggin hail damaged cars off cheap. demo derby anyone??? hahaha, sorry :D

86TRD
24th March 2010, 12:44 AM
flick through these
http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/wa-news/hail-storm-hits-perth/20100322-qr1x.html?selectedImage=1

far out thats pretty crazy.
i feel sorry for all you guys , hope everyone / everything is ok.

FLCL
30th March 2010, 12:11 AM
sigh... 13 got dented good. golf ball size dents in drivers side, roof, bonnet and boot. 1 smashed ganador style mirror too.

86 was in the marble sized hail outside work. copped it full on out in the open near tunnel entrance. strangely... not a dent on it although I have lost my front licence plate in a lake somewhere and its ripped 2 neat holes the size of the washer through my fibreglass front bar. Monday sucked nuts.

lach
30th March 2010, 03:28 AM
that bloody sucks man. Is the s13 insured?

Saikou
6th April 2010, 03:40 AM
that hail storm was crazy, hope no hachirokus got ko-ed by it. my friend r32 got hell owned by the hail that bigger then golfballs ones. =S