PDA

View Full Version : Nana Spec KE70

Andyy
23rd March 2010, 11:56 PM
Hey all, been a fan of ae86's mainly but ke70's too for a while now and finally got a ke70. It's full nana spec but a good starting base imo.

Plans:
4AGE Smallport
SSR Mk III's
Coil overs (need bad, look at that ride height yo!)
Some guard flare
Manual

Pics:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/1/8/3/40281.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/1/8/3/40282.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/1/8/3/40283.jpg

Dazzla86
24th March 2010, 12:16 AM
madhouse lip, chrome trims on the stock rims, white rear venetian blind and lowered 2 inches. would be a good style for this. just a nice cruiser :thumbup:

rolledup
24th March 2010, 07:13 PM
Keep thos off defect!! Soo mint man. Got my love haha keep us updated

Andyy
24th March 2010, 07:52 PM
haha thanks, getting 4age sometime this week or this weekend :)

Andyy
27th March 2010, 11:16 PM
Alright i have had a change of heart and am thinking of turning this into a track car. Primarily because of the p plate laws restricting me from doing what i would like to.. So I'm asking you guys to post what engine setups you think would be good and some pros and cons of the ones you think. Atm im leaning towards sr20det but i'll see what some of you have to say and decide on that. It will be used for drifting although i still wouldn't mind doing some hill climbs or track days.

So post your opinions!

ke_70
27th March 2010, 11:58 PM
sr20 = bang for your buck in de and det format
4age = cheap and easy probley best motor to learn in

if your wanting to get out to skid asap go 4a
if like me you wanna build a car over time and tracking it because theres nothing else to do with it go sr20det straight up

just my thoughts

Andyy
28th March 2010, 12:05 AM
how about 4agze converted to turbo how does that compare to sr20det price wise? i possibly have a t28 and front mount at no cost to go in also.

ke_70
28th March 2010, 12:39 AM
not that i have any experience first hand with this stuff but after reading numerous threads and reading about all possibilitys
sr is really the easyest and cost effective conversation of them all. buy a halfcut remove motor, make mounts, make crossmember, buy r31 diff and change mounts, reinstall and get tailshaft and win. strong motor stong gearbox strong diff

gte will require either w58 gearbox conversation costing atleast $1000 or a t50 gearbox change every second trackday
ecu i think a micro tec will cost you at least $1000 a that one of the cheapest

+ the cost of the actual turbo convo (no how much that'd actually cost????)

gze arnt that cheap either mabey around $2500 mark? and then coverting to rwd

all that for as mabey much as 80-90kw less than the sr and the 4a probley has more chance at blowing aswell

Andyy
29th March 2010, 02:47 PM
hmm fair enough, what about a 3SGTE? would it be easier to put in than an sr?

joeschmo_57
29th March 2010, 03:27 PM
3s is harder and more expensive than a Sr to do properly.

That being said, i personally would go for a 4agte. You can still run a gze ecu up to 12-15 psi. Buying the longblock as well the IM is not overly difficult. It is also generally cheaper (i got offered an gze lonblock in good condition for $600 recently) and more painless than an sr (custom mounts, well heavier front end, r31 diff). Exhasut manifold arent too hard to come accross, and if you go kelway from AJPS, im pretty sure it will match up fine to a t28. If you get a good condition gze bottom end, I've head of them running fine for 15 psi day in day out. The rods in that block are pretty strong. With a T28, you should be able to get 130rwkw pretty easy. Which in a 800kg car is pretty ridiculous. If you have a turbo and intercooler setup already, then Bobs your aunty.
Drive train should be able to handle up to 120rwkw, but obviously it will put a fair bit of starin on the T-50, and you will need to get that upgraded, but initially, it should be ok. So, yeah a W-series will be on the cards. As well as a stronger diff later.
A friend of mine had an ae86 (heavier) and it was running 150+. He got it detuned to 100rwkw because it was tooooooo much (for him).

Anyway, food for thought.
4agte's are cool fun to learn in, and it keeps it Toyota!
Sr's are a clay motor that you can turn into anything.

Rant = Over

Andyy
29th March 2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for that, some good points there. With a w series box on a 4agte would i need to "massage" the gearbox tunnel?

joeschmo_57
30th March 2010, 08:30 AM
Im fairy sure you dont have to.
A frined of mine got a fucked ra60 that had a w series in it, and im fairly sure that you can just use the same gearbox mounts, just redrill themso they line up with the existing ke holes too.

Andyy
3rd April 2010, 09:39 PM
well this is over as i bought an ae86 and will be selling this.

shift_rook
3rd April 2010, 09:46 PM
pics of said 86?

SA_kesev
3rd April 2010, 10:44 PM
I'm so keen to buy this but im in SA

Andyy
4th April 2010, 08:52 PM
pics of said 86?
I will start a thread in the ae86 member's ride's now :)