View Full Version : "Jeeeeeesus"

hachi_dk
29th March 2010, 10:44 PM
a thread for all "vtec yo" type vids.

one to start us off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbaZzeKJC8&feature=related

Juturna
2nd April 2010, 10:10 AM
whats the point in having an NA engine when it goes like a piece of crap till 6k? and even then doesnt move much faster?
v-tec's confuzzle me :S

Clinton
2nd April 2010, 10:51 AM
That is a bigport. Only thing is it starts moving at 4500 instead.

WAcky
2nd April 2010, 11:12 AM
So it's essentially just t-vis?

edit: just looked at wiki, so no...it's not

shift_rook
2nd April 2010, 11:47 AM
exactly, having n/a engines with more lag than a turgbo engine is just plain dumb

Gunner
2nd April 2010, 02:31 PM
its an efficient way of providing just enough power for city driving while providing good economy, and then enough power to have a bit of fun through the bends. How else are you going to get 500ks a tank out of a "performance" car.

Juturna
2nd April 2010, 06:27 PM
my car will do 350 from a 38l tank, thats running 18psi, 440cc injectors, aftermarket ecu and 256deg cams.
so its not really much more efficient.... and a hell of a lot slower.....

Gunner
2nd April 2010, 07:17 PM
that is a big difference imo. and works out to a fair bit of coin. Not that, that worries you, now does it. Also, standard fuel maps for these cars, above the vvt/vtec trigger point, are very crude, and can do with a lot of improvement.

hachi_dk
3rd April 2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICsrADnWFKU

bmw with vtec powerz

hachi_dk
3rd April 2010, 03:54 PM
and lol at this fail american honda lover song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4o-FTQLGuc

haveaparty
11th August 2010, 04:41 PM
dk's missus is hot as hahaha

ke70dave
11th August 2010, 05:13 PM
i dont understnad the hate on the V-tec.

it is a very VERY good idea.

its a way of getting top end power, without losing bottom end driveability.

its the benifits of low cam duration (low end torque/power) with the benifits of high cam duration (high end torque/power)

and on a factory engine, for normal everyday people, thats what you want....?

i also think the t-vis on the bigport is a great idea as well, so simple, but so effective.

evil86
11th August 2010, 11:58 PM
i think first vif is of a b16a vtec motor from the civic... dissapointing that it comes on at 6k... i've got a civic with h22a from prelude and i love the low end torque. keeps up with dc5r and s2k

slide86
12th August 2010, 12:11 AM
the guy in the first vid is only using like 40% throttle just until vtec actually comes on then mashes the pedal to the floor............just to be more of a giant douche

so really the whole thing is pointless, if he actually held it flat from idle it wouldnt have been nearly as 'impressive'

evil86
12th August 2010, 12:14 AM
^^ comment is true, but thats how all honda drivers drive

plohl
12th August 2010, 10:13 AM
i dont understnad the hate on the V-tec.

it is a very VERY good idea.

its a way of getting top end power, without losing bottom end driveability.

its the benifits of low cam duration (low end torque/power) with the benifits of high cam duration (high end torque/power)

and on a factory engine, for normal everyday people, thats what you want....?

i also think the t-vis on the bigport is a great idea as well, so simple, but so effective.

+1

vtec is good, have never understood why everyone bags it.

hachi_dk
12th August 2010, 11:36 PM
dk's missus is hot as hahaha

lol whut??

slide86
12th August 2010, 11:44 PM
its not vtec that gets bagged its the stigma that comes with it....

its mainly due to the epic amounts of total losers that drive them, there are a small breed of honda drivers that arent total fucking morons......but unfortunately, you say "vtec" and straight away people that feature in this video come to mind

i like the idea of vtec, specially because i am mechanically minded, but ill never own one simply because i dont want to be associated with said "enthusiasts"