PDA

View Full Version : Late 2010 BIG DRIFT EVENT in Tassie EOI: Would You Support This?? Comments Welcome!!

Delazy
4th April 2010, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

Drifting in Tasmania has grown rapidly over the last five years and due to this and our committee recognizing a lack of larger scale events in 2010 we put this to you, the drifting community.

Drifting Tasmania is exploring the viability of running a one off drift event at Baskerville Raceway in the latter half of 2010. At this early informal stage we are looking to run an event similar to the following:

- Single Day event
- Single Class (two classes open to discussion, however as twilight drifting is not viable at Baskerville, time is limited)
- Approximate $300 entry fee
- $5-$10 entry fee for spectators (ie. CHEAP!)
- Intention of good prizemoney being on offer

I could go on and on with further details, however we will refrain from getting too far ahead of ourselves until we get good I interest levels and confirm that this is worth pursuing in greater detail.

We welcome all responses and feedback. As many now know from having driven in our state events, We WILL listen to what the community want and try our hardest to run an event that YOU want to come to.

Regards,

Ben Purtell
Drifting Tasmania President

mainly going to target the NSW, VIC, SA and Tassie guys, but fire away :)

matt99
4th April 2010, 07:39 PM
Yes, I would be keen. But you already knew that didnt you Lazy.

In my opinion, Basky over Simmons (which it looks like it will be by that article anyway), two classes if possible and a lower entry price for street class if there were to be two classes.

How late in the year we talking Lazy, like Oz drift last year, late November. My car will probably be living down there at that stage anyway.

Delazy
4th April 2010, 08:04 PM
yeh already knew that urself and tom would be done and more than likely a bunch of others ull drag along...

i wasnt at the meeting it was discussed at due to work commitments but i imagine itll be in the void left between rnd 3 (july 3) and rnd 4 (november 6)...id anticipate september/october period...but i think its more so finding out which dates suit the most people and building this event around them...

all Tasmanian events are designed by drivers, for drivers as you already know all too well...little aspect of it is directed solely at the showman/entertainment side of thing...

worked
5th April 2010, 06:57 PM
maximum support

R&D Mechanical
5th April 2010, 08:12 PM
What kind of regs are there over there? long drive from sa? haha might be keen

Delazy
5th April 2010, 11:16 PM
regs in what kind of regards? scruitineeering? how the event is ran? licences?

guarantee ud love it if u made the effort to trek over...not one interstate DRIVER has left the state unhappy or feeling the trip was worthless :)

R&D Mechanical
6th April 2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah scruitinering, haha yeah sounds like fun!

Delazy
6th April 2010, 12:54 AM
scruitineering wise its pretty straight forward...

http://www.driftingtasmania.com.au/files/DRIFT_20PREPARATION.pdf

read over this, any other more specific details drop me a pm or have a chat to some of the tassie boys at DSC...ill pop via ur shed for a look at some point anyways :)

willa
18th April 2010, 03:24 PM
Yo, i was in a group of 3 that came over just to watch from vic for OzDrift in nov last year, and would be interested in a similar thing for sure mate!

shift_rook
18th April 2010, 05:13 PM
i'll be there for sure