PDA

View Full Version : Urgent defect/engineering help please

drift kid
6th April 2010, 01:02 PM
Hello all, the story goes that last saturday I got RBT'd and my pride and joy got a defect aswell, i've got a week and a half to get these problems rectified or its no longer driveable, the problems are:
1. Modified exhaust to meet standards (should meet them anyways, not that loud).
2. Front neg camber to comply/meet standards (I have my original control arms that I can put back in for the inspection if nessiscary as I am running GH Sigma LCA's at the moment) & Modified suspension to comply/meet standards - this is the problem area as I have cut my standard front struts and made them into height adjustable coilovers and none of this has been engineered, I cant put the stock suspension back in cause its been modified..
3. Aftermarket wheels/tyres, I have the standard wheels still but the tyres probably wont pass, I dont know if that will also be an issue.. I hope not :(

So my question is, does anybody know of a place that can help me out with passing it, i can raise the front up and put the stock LCA's and wheels back on if that'll help to pass it.

Orrr, does anybody know a cheap engineer arround that i can get it all complied and engineered at?

I really hope somebody helpes me.
Thank you anybody who does :)

biggo
6th April 2010, 01:06 PM
1 Ring a friend
2 'Borrow' his struts
3 ???
4 Profit?

Seriously tho, aftermarket wheel? Another sportmax fail?

drift kid
6th April 2010, 01:15 PM
they are sportmax yes

Beau
6th April 2010, 01:26 PM
Sexy 16 for engineer

shift_rook
6th April 2010, 01:31 PM
surely someone in sydney can help you out by lending them their stuff?

Richard
6th April 2010, 01:32 PM
lol at sportmax... anywho they are only 15x8 im guessing i cant see how they can defect ya on thoose. its not like u got 22" with 25 profile tyres.

Anyways can't you just get the defects cleared at a mechanic? if u can wont your usual mechanic just do an under the table job if you just take the car off the road for a week?

Beau
6th April 2010, 02:03 PM
you can only go up one wheel size legally. Stock ADM sprinters came with 13" therefore you can only go 14" if you had a GTV 86 they came stock with 14" wheels so then you could roll on 15's

focus_7
6th April 2010, 03:30 PM
I thought you could go up 2" and wider by 2" legally, in which case he's fail for width and probably track?

marvis
6th April 2010, 05:35 PM
They can get you for whatever they want.

sundee
6th April 2010, 06:38 PM
They can get you for whatever they want.

and thats whats bullcrap about it all.

Richard
7th April 2010, 08:16 AM
true tho

corknose
7th April 2010, 10:06 AM
People say they can't do this and that, but they are the police they can do what ever the fuck they want doesn't mean it's right, but they can do it still.

Jdm-Mcc
7th April 2010, 10:57 AM
Dayum, my ute has retarted camber and double th width of the original wheels :S better start eating broken glass :I

hollywood89
7th April 2010, 04:41 PM
do you require anything more than a blue slip to clear the defect?

if not - there are plenty of mechanics who fill out a blue slip even if your car is not 100%

from my experience aquiring blue slips and friends clearing defects (including on 86's)

many mechanics will not hesitate to help you out if your not a dick head

moving onto more serious issues -

if you do require an all out inspection - EPA -DECC or whatever the acronyms are (generally over the pits inspections)

i would suggest you get some mates - and borrow parts - and make your car as stock as possible

and if you get really desperate.

i posess a stock adm 85 sprinter - which you could borrow or rent parts off (depends how i feel at the time i suppose)

this includes some stock wheels - not sure how the rubber is - but i can check -pretty certain they are good though

good luck with it all:thumbup:

nick

redsprinter
7th April 2010, 05:37 PM
if your going for a emisson test . your car will need to be stock . adm sprinter -= 4ac, oem exhuast, standard suspension everything. same for a jdm sprinter=4age 16.

you could try and see how you go. might get lucky . like above if its just a blue slip . pm, No, call
sexy16 and ask for his help. he will guide you in the right direction .

SEXY 16
7th April 2010, 05:54 PM
i have been asked so many times who owns the 86 in glossodia...
i have no interest in clearing defects or engineering your car
the guys doing the road works in glossodia have reported your car to the cops for driving like an idiot threw traffic controls

if you have any querys please e mail the link below
http://www.codmah.com.au/

reason i know this is because i had some 40 year old mad man scream at me threw the window of an 86 2 weeks ago cuz he thought it was you
and yes he soes know what an 86 is

because your car was reported it is now marked as a vehical of interest hense why the defect notice

again i want no part of this

i am just the messenger

Gunner
7th April 2010, 07:45 PM
hahahha owned.

corknose
7th April 2010, 08:25 PM
lol this kid never wins..

sundee
7th April 2010, 08:49 PM
thats how you get a name for yourself.

ke_70
7th April 2010, 11:37 PM
time for a new car? epic threads with this kid

but on a serious note how many people would pick standed ke70 suspention? so if your worried go to the wreakers and get some ke gear for next to nothing

redsprinter
8th April 2010, 09:20 AM
^^^^ hey ..,.. ding ding .. someone is on the ball .

now all he need is to go to a boat yard and borrow an anchor... and no more defects.

marvis
8th April 2010, 10:40 AM
$500?

Nicko
8th April 2010, 01:10 PM
Epic thread.

Also marked for our "Archives" of the funniest AE86DC thread

Leigh
8th April 2010, 05:50 PM
any chance of getting this thread printed on a coffee mug or a tee shirt !!!

just goes to show there are always two sides to a mudflap
the nice slick clean side and the one thats covered in mud n rubber from the road funny how people always tell you the slick story and forget all the other crap on the other side of the story.

bigdaddykane
8th April 2010, 09:04 PM
lol this is great,

Beau
8th April 2010, 09:47 PM
all silent on the front nowz

drift kid
9th April 2010, 10:24 AM
well honestly, i cant say ive ever driven dangerously through a traffic control or any roadworks area, every time i have to stop or go i give the worker a polite nod and pass through at the same speed as the other cars, so whats with that :/ and im glad some people tryed to help, thank you to them..

sundee
9th April 2010, 04:44 PM
Their could always be another 86 that passes through Glossodia. cant really give him to much flamage unless they have a good description of the driver and the car.. after all he did scream down your window sexy... mayb your looking good for your age these days ;)

Nicko
9th April 2010, 04:46 PM
Or maybe as reported, this car is getting raped because it was reported to the policia by numberplate...

Jacobxxx
9th April 2010, 05:19 PM
maybe one guy went through did sick skids, they didnt get plates, saw Op drive through and assumed was him again got plates. or not.

either way

FKN LOL

Nicko
9th April 2010, 05:24 PM
OP has been very quiet since being shut down :)

OP also has a Nihon Garage image in his sig.

/case

lolwat
10th April 2010, 03:09 PM
arrrrlol, sexy 16 hearing about you being a fucking hoon, i cant beleive that, pretty funny really, going to find it hard to get it eng cert now that you have a nice name for yourself now (your in a hole now)

timmeh12
10th April 2010, 04:22 PM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8058/31910265631186276639955zj8.jpg