PDA

View Full Version : dumb question about rego,sorry

bigdaddykane
8th April 2010, 07:36 PM
just a question if i had a car that hadnt been rego'd in a year, at my house how do i go about getting rego, do i have to get it checked off somewhere, but how do i get it to somewhere if there is no rego, in sa you can just walk in and re rego it unles its been more thn 6 years,

xero
8th April 2010, 08:39 PM
you will need a blueslip. this can be a massive cunt as the vehicle must be in excellent working order. think of it as being inspected at regency park.
you can get permission from the RTA to drive directly to and from the inspection workshop and home.
once you get blueslip, you have to get CTP greenslip. this is compulsory third party insurance. it for injuries sustained in an accident. expect to pay between $300-700 depending on where you live and your age.
the RTA will NOT accept electronic, faxed, photocopied, printed CTP's. it must be the original hard copy.
once this is done the RTA will issue you with your plates and rego sticker.

bigdaddykane
8th April 2010, 08:45 PM
wat if the car has plates, still need a blueslip, this is getting harder buy the minute

Richard
9th April 2010, 08:58 AM
u should of handed thoose plates in! im suprised the rta didnt chase you for them. get ur greenslip from a car dealer they can bypass all the NRMA fees so its cheaper.

bigdaddykane
9th April 2010, 10:42 AM
well the car isnt in my driveway yet, its one i want to buy but it hast been regod for a year but still has the plates , greenslips blueslips your system seams so silly over here

Richard
9th April 2010, 11:02 AM
yeh u might aswell leave him with the plates or return them urself. I don't know if you can reuse them im sure there is a way. With the bluslip (as Adam said) it'll have to be like fully stock unless you've got an engineer's certificate. Or if you have a nice mechanic who may help you out.

bigdaddykane
pinkslips, lol i figured it out but, im wondering does anyone know where i can get it done cheap aka brown paper bag job

xero
yes, even if it still have plates you will need to do as i listed above.

the RTA gives you 90 days AFTER the registration renewal date to get a roadworthy (pink slip), a greenslip and then pay for the registration. once this date passes you will be required to obtain a blue slip BEFORE RTA will register the vehicle.

BLUE-SLIP: full vehicle inspection. everything must be in perfect working order or if modified it may be required to be engineered. many people have heard of people getting knocked back on the blueslip for minor things.

PINK-SLIP: basic vehicle inspection. this is required every year for registration, they check lights and brakes and nothing is falling off. usually pretty easy to pass.

GREEN-SLIP or CTP: compulsory third party injury insurance. you must have this paid for before registering the vehicle. almost all the large insurers offer these, and they are in place cover any injuries sustained in an accident. thats not just cuts, bruises and broken bones, it is there for para/quadraplegia to cover medical expenses as part of the accident. previously it was only the other occupants that were covered, and recently it has been increased to include at fault driver cover. which mean that if you are at fault and sustain injuries you are cover for medical expenses.

bigdaddykane
10th April 2010, 11:46 AM
ok thanks guys think i got my head around it now, cars stock with new suss standard but blistiens :) 4 good tyres brand new, no oil leaks and everything works. any recomendations on where to take it on the central coast for a blue slip? any good toyoata fan mechanics around here that can do it for me? cheers