PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield Park 6 Hour regularity - Supersprint cars eligible

BigDaddy
27th January 2009, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

Wakefield Park will conduct a new event in 2009 called the Wakefield 6 Hour Regularity. The concept of this event has been very popular in Victoria and SA with oversubscribed grids at the events. The event is being held on the 7th and 8th of March.

The Six Hour Regularity differs from the traditional 6 Hour race in that it is not an outright race and people can compete on a minimum licences of a AASA (Wakefield) Club Licences or CAMS L2S and can be done it street cars, track cars or race cars.

It has been a great way for clubs and groups of racers to team up with mates and have a fun weekend of motorsport.

This year’s Phillip Island event had a full grid of 50 teams and the Winton event this year also had a full grid of around 40 teams. You can check the Natsoft results below to see what type of cars have been running in this event.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?26/10/2008.WIN

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?31/08/2008.PHIL

The Wakefield event will have a grid capacity of 36 teams which would be amazing if NSW could emulate the Victorian events and have a full grid in its first year.

The entry fee is $1,500 which includes up to 6 drivers/6 cars (minimum of 3 drivers/2 cars) a pit lane Garage and timing transmitters for all of the cars in the team.

There are minimum and maximum lap times and competitors must fall between the two for the event so the speed difference is not too great.

Min lap time: 1min 5 sec
Max lap time: 1min 25 sec

For entry forms, or regulations head to www.wakefieldpark.com.au

I already have 2 teams entered myself, I compete every year in the Winton event and it is so much fun. I look forward to a little friendly rivalry!! :)

Cheers

Adam

focus_7
27th January 2009, 02:33 PM
AE86DC Racing team anyone?

With 6 cars it only costs $250 each.

ae71neo
27th January 2009, 03:40 PM
Mmm, interesting. Though i wouldnt have a clue what my car does around Wakefield.

BigDaddy
27th January 2009, 04:28 PM
It doesn't matter much what time you do around Wakefield, you will most probably fit into the time window. My standard BA Falcon Auto does 1:19's so that could give you an indication. And my EA Falcon race car does 1:12's

It really is an awesome event and I highly recommend it.

BTW sorry my first post was to advertise this event, I only just logged into the new forum.

Cheers

Adam

redsprinter
27th January 2009, 04:32 PM
trav,

i gonna say outright that your car would be in between 1.10 - 1.17 mark... easy .. being the driver you are and the car you got .. all you gotta do is get some practice time .. i say this cause ive done a 1.16 in my sprinter on my first wakefireld outting...and my car is no where re-fined as yours ..

man this comp thingy sound really goood... just gotta get my car running now .

focus_7
27th January 2009, 06:45 PM
Would a 4-AC car be capable of doing within the bracket?

ae71neo
27th January 2009, 06:57 PM
Hmm, i would prefer to run semi slicks for this though. Interested but. Who else would be keen?

pen15
27th January 2009, 07:48 PM
i would be keen but i haven't raced on track yet so i dont know if id make you all look bad lol

focus_7
27th January 2009, 08:09 PM
The way UI see it is it's not about going out there to win and be awesome, it's about going out there to have fun.

amiright!?

redsprinter
27th January 2009, 09:03 PM
amen .... to rock up as a ae86dc crew and to just finish would show all those old timer / bid budget teams what we are made of ..

focus_7
27th January 2009, 09:16 PM
Well team AE86 we've got 1 month + about 1 week to prepare.

I volunteer for team manager because I doubt my car would survive getting pushed, I also have no previous motorsport experience outside of go-karts.

ae71neo
27th January 2009, 09:18 PM
Whats the go anyway? Do we rock up on Saturday, camp somewhere or something, then race Sunday?

Im getting pretty keen for this. I read the reg's. My car should pass i think. Although they want proof of the last 3 Motor Racing events you have been to. Do drift days count?

Contemplating missing some drift days to save for this. So who would be seriously keen?

focus_7
27th January 2009, 09:20 PM
click Here (http://wakefieldpark.com.au/images/stories/forms/2009/2009%20wakefield%206hr%20regularity.pdf) for the entry form.

green_boy_91
28th January 2009, 06:41 PM

UGANGA
28th January 2009, 07:01 PM
wish my AE had a motor :( :( would look good out on track

BigDaddy
5th February 2009, 03:24 PM
Its not about going out there and being fast and winning, it is about having fun. Even if you are the slowest team you could still win it. It is about being consistant. I have a team of Daewoo Lanos's entered which are not very quick at all, so you wont be the slowest!!

Hope you guys get a team together, would be great to see!!

ae71neo
6th February 2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah, im pretty keen to do it. But i can't really afford it at the moment. Seeing as though i dont want to go out there without semi slicks. Plus i have a drift day that weekend.

I will do some circuit wakefield shit this year sometime though. Im interested to see what time i would get.

green_boy_91
6th February 2009, 01:19 AM
yeh i wouldnt mind doin it either ay but my roll cage in my 86 is gettin started on wednesday by bonds, so i dont think it will be done in time,

but deffenetly next grip day ill be there im curious about how my 86 will go

BigDaddy
9th February 2009, 02:50 PM
If anyone is keen on competing but doesn't have their own team, you can contact the Wakefield Park Office, they have a register and will make up mixed teams.

Cheers

Adam