PDA

View Full Version : Act events

john84ie
16th April 2010, 02:39 PM
hey all,just thought we could have a thread on anything happenin in canberra.probly not a whole lot, just ta give everyone a heads up!we should get a little meet organised or somethin??

jamekins
18th April 2010, 11:01 AM
I know there's a whole lot on today (sunday 18th). Sound comp at audiotech, auto itallia and some big meet up to raise awareness of motorsport or something. Other than that I have no idea. Also I'de be keen for a meet up even if its like 3 cars cause I'de like to meet some others with 86's and maybe score some help installing the new diff I have coming :)

KENut
18th April 2010, 11:36 AM
SDMA hillclimb on the 2nd May

AIROCOBRA
18th April 2010, 02:44 PM
Hope to have my N/A AE86 back after its new computer and rewire is finished , in time for 2 May hillclimb..
I have run the 1st two rounds in a $200 (ebay) stock AE82 4AC Corolla . The novelty is starting to wear off .... std suspension is so tired it rubs on the upper inner guards ---- had a spin last round & still don't know why it let go when it did. Maybe my 50+ years reaction time is not quite up to scratch? Still got within 5 seconds of my fastest time in my 4AGE AE86 . That surprised me as the tyres are the hardest compound old street tyres known to man.
But Its cheap motor sport ------ $200 for one slightly use South Africa built AE82
----- $10 for a set of bonnet pins
----- already had club & CAMS LICENSES , fire ext , helmet , harness seat bets.
----- entry fee $75
----- total fuel bill after 2 rounds $20 with fuel still in the jerry can.

Regards BOB

jamekins
18th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Hope to have my N/A AE86 back after its new computer and rewire is finished , in time for 2 May hillclimb..
I have run the 1st two rounds in a $200 (ebay) stock AE82 4AC Corolla . The novelty is starting to wear off .... std suspension is so tired it rubs on the upper inner guards ---- had a spin last round & still don't know why it let go when it did. Maybe my 50+ years reaction time is not quite up to scratch? Still got within 5 seconds of my fastest time in my 4AGE AE86 . That surprised me as the tyres are the hardest compound old street tyres known to man.
But Its cheap motor sport ------ $200 for one slightly use South Africa built AE82
----- $10 for a set of bonnet pins
----- already had club & CAMS LICENSES , fire ext , helmet , harness seat bets.
----- entry fee $75
----- total fuel bill after 2 rounds $20 with fuel still in the jerry can.

Regards BOB

HA! I remember watching that a couple of weeks ago. My mate said you normally had a sprinter, I was going to come say hi but never had the chance.

KENut
18th April 2010, 04:20 PM
So that was you in the white AE82? Haha I enjoyed watching that.
Quick question, is it a requirement to have bonnet pins? Dont really want to drill holes in my car :S

AIROCOBRA
18th April 2010, 07:05 PM
KENUT , if you run in class 1/2 road car class ( minimal mods ) then you don,t need bonnet pins. I ran the AE82 IN CLASS 3 WHERE MODS are allowed up to a point.That the class I run the Sprinter in normally so I just entered the AE82 in that class , I was hoping to run the AE86 ,each time but have had a few problems with the new wiring , quad throttle body set up with have delayed the me running it this year. If you log on to the SDMA Hill climb site it will give all to classes and the mods & requirements needed. Itis a lot of fun , gets the heart rate going . And it looks a lot easier spectating from the bottom than it is when you get on the track. Quite a easy track to drive at a moderate pace , but if you go for it , then it can bite you. But lots of run off areas ( I have visited a few ) and have not crunched any panels yet !!!!!!
Regards Bob

KENut
18th April 2010, 08:11 PM
Great, thanks Bob. Yeah I was curious about the run off, the last event was the first time I had visited the track and you can't really see from the bottom. I will read the requirements shortly, but I guess I'll be needing bonnet pins (soon to have coilovers in amongst other things). Good luck getting the ae86 sorted

john84ie
19th April 2010, 04:24 PM
SDMA hillclimb on the 2nd May

problyh head down for a look,hope ta see a few toyotas there!

BLIPAE86
19th April 2010, 08:23 PM
ill be going and am pritty keen to enter still deciding

maxhag
20th April 2010, 12:55 AM
It seems like there is a few more people on here now-a-days...... Shall we organise a meet and greet event to kick things off? Maybe a beer and feed somewhere......
We can then organise events as a 'club thing' after that? Do we all have drivable cars?

JoJo

AIROCOBRA
20th April 2010, 08:42 AM
Unless we meet at a hill climb or race track I can only come by ( shanks pony ) !!!!!!! 3 x AE86 Sprinters none on the street --- Bugger !!!!!!

1. Track car ( MAY GET RALLY REGO LATER )
2. SON's car --- undergoing rust repairs , new paint and and engine swap etc etc etc
3. Rolling body shell ------ undergoing rust repairs , new paint ( just in case I -uck up )

Regards BOB

jamekins
20th April 2010, 02:25 PM
Well I'm certainly keen for a meet up. My car is driveable to a point (Slightly bent axle. But that won't be a problem in a few weeks :) ). We could always meet at the hill climb on the 2nd then head some where after that? It'll be interesting to see if any ones else has driven my car (it seems every second toyota owner in canberra has had a go :p)

john84ie
20th April 2010, 03:31 PM
im up for what ever too.i'll be at the hillclimb for a look so maybe that would be the handiest,seems ta be a few goin!i'll have the new ae71 wagon with me,nothin special yet..

BLIPAE86
20th April 2010, 10:04 PM
yaeh mines regoed in qld and drives every day

KENut
22nd April 2010, 09:46 AM
Will maybe see you lads at the hillclimb then, if you see a orange KE70 thats me!
Cheers, Bart

jamekins
25th April 2010, 12:18 PM
Well if every one is keen for the hillclimb perhaps it would be easier to meet up somewhere before hand and head in as a group (for those not competing)? This way we have a better chance of actually meeting each other and not just seeing the cars in the car park and wondering who's it is. Where are the majority of people located? Cause if we meet somewhere central to every one/on the way to the track it could work out well. I propose the second story of the multi story car park near hoyts in woden. Not sure of a time, maybe 8:30 (assuming the hillclimb starts at 9). Does that work for people?

john84ie
26th April 2010, 11:07 AM
welll,how did this go?i ended up not bein able to make it!many toyotas?

jamekins
26th April 2010, 11:18 AM
lol 2nd of may is next weekend

john84ie
26th April 2010, 04:31 PM
haha,shit my bad,hopefully make it so!

dont think i'll be meeting that early,i'll probly head down around half 11 or 12,woden probly a bit out of the way for some people also?

KENut
26th April 2010, 05:03 PM
Same, probly like 11 or whenever I'm ready to roll. Woden is faarrr out of the way for me, I'll just come meet you people if I get the chance during the day?

jamekins
26th April 2010, 05:34 PM
Eh, it was just an idea. Think I may head out later too now that I think about it. I'm just keen to actually meet some other sprinter/KE owners.

BLIPAE86
26th April 2010, 07:06 PM
yeah im north side but will get there gout 11

maxhag
28th April 2010, 12:48 PM
I guess I will come along too....

AIROCOBRA
28th April 2010, 08:03 PM
You would think it was Sunday , or something ------ Competitors have to be there at 7.30am to have licenses and cars checked . At this stage it is looking like I might have the AE86 there ???? hope so the novelty of the $200 ebay Corolla ae82 is wearing off. First car starts at 9.00am and action is then constant till about 3pm (with a 1/2 hour lunch break ).

jamekins
28th April 2010, 08:44 PM
I guess I will come along too....

May try to have a chat to you about this diff I just got if I can find you...

maxhag
29th April 2010, 01:05 AM
yeah, for sure broz...

maxhag
30th April 2010, 11:10 PM
Shall we organise a meeting point and time for the hillclimb on sun?

jamekins
30th April 2010, 11:55 PM
Well since we're all planing on getting there at around 11 we could all meet at the bbq area at like 11:30? Or if airocobra is competing we could all just congregate around his trailer at some point? I'd still be keen for a bit of a cruise to the track though if any one else is interested.

maxhag
1st May 2010, 12:59 AM
yeah, i will meet you beforehand. What part of town are you at? iam southside...

AIROCOBRA
1st May 2010, 09:11 AM
Hi Guys ,
At this stage AE86 WILL BE THERE !!! Still have half a page of things to do but all will be good. Cold start is still a drama ( runs like a T -MODEL FORD until she warms up ). I will have to learn to drive it all over again the new engine has a bit more attitude than the old stock 4AGE .

jamekins
1st May 2010, 10:18 AM
yeah, i will meet you beforehand. What part of town are you at? iam southside...

Also south, I'm in the woden area. Where and when would be good for you?

maxhag
1st May 2010, 01:09 PM
woden food van, 10:45.....

BLIPAE86
1st May 2010, 03:31 PM
ill come wher is this food van

maxhag
1st May 2010, 05:13 PM
near krispy creme

jamekins
1st May 2010, 11:34 PM
RJ's 10:45. Cool. Could be interesting with trash and treasure on at the same time though....

maxhag
2nd May 2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/549641.jpg

BLIPAE86
2nd May 2010, 05:15 PM
i like that pic we should do more lol

jamekins
2nd May 2010, 05:31 PM
Shame I didn't get to chat to the owners of the KE and the white hachi. It was great to talk to maxhag and airocobra though. We should do some more stuff soon.

john84ie
2nd May 2010, 06:20 PM
seen some off you there,i didnt get ta stat long,was chattin too blipae86 an airocobra,could find anyone else!you's go for a drive after?seen a few guys out on the skidpan next door drifting,is it possible to rent that out or how do they work??would be fun ta go out for a skid,might have ta get a new car first though!

jamekins
2nd May 2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah if you have enough cars you can book it out. I think you need like 10 and it costs about $110 for half a day. 5th gear motorsport are the guys to talk to about that. I wouldn't mind heading out there at some point but I'm too poor to do anything like that now.

maxhag
6th May 2010, 01:51 AM
Few shots of Bob in action

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/43353.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/43354.jpg

Photos by Tyrie

AIROCOBRA
6th May 2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Guys ,
Great to meet people in person on the day . After you guys left I pushed a little harder !!!!!! best run was a 52 sec , but in between that I had quite a bit of side ways fun and 1 X big spin !!!!! Unfortunately while a lot of fun , not so good for the time sheet . Car was very loose in the rear on the day ---- couldn't quite understand until I got home and realized the tire gauge I was using ,( not the one normally in the car ) was the reverse in color & location to the one I normally use!!!!! So instead of running about 30 to 32 PSI , I was running about 46 to 48 PSI in the tires. OPS !!!!!! Even so still got a few things to address in the rear end. Nothing time & money can't fix ---- he says as the money runs out.
Thanks for posting the pic's --- if there are any others out there , I would love a copy.

Regards Bob

maxhag
7th May 2010, 12:33 AM
Bob, Tyrie has taken a heap of photos. Go thru the pages untill you find your pics.... There are quite a few...

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...02010/?start=0

JoJo

sloth
8th May 2010, 01:08 AM
seen some off you there,i didnt get ta stat long,was chattin too blipae86 an airocobra,could find anyone else!you's go for a drive after?seen a few guys out on the skidpan next door drifting,is it possible to rent that out or how do they work??would be fun ta go out for a skid,might have ta get a new car first though!

I was at the skidpan that afternoon in my gold sprinter (similar colour to maxhags). It cost $1200 or so for the afternoon (as jamekins said), so it was $120 each. It was heaps of fun and I can't wait to get out there again. That afternoon I was with the Canberra guys from NissanSilvia.com. Fifth Gear does the skidpan days once a month, and I'd definitely love to get out there again (maybe once I've upgraded a couple of things). I know a couple of the guys from NissanSilvia were keen to get out there again, so we should easily be able to make 10 cars to book out the afternoon/morning.

I'm new to the Canberra motoring scene but trying to get into it more. Talked to a couple of people from here before and can't wait to meet the rest of you. So if you see my Gold Sprinter with the shit bonnet feel free to give me a wave (previously I was driving a Blue KE55 with Silver stripes, I think it's quite noticeable, but somehow not many people notice it, lol).

Sloth

maxhag
8th May 2010, 02:46 PM
what part of town are you in?

sloth
8th May 2010, 04:19 PM
what part of town are you in?

Think we've already gone through this on rollaclub, lol. I'm up north, Macgregor.

john84ie
14th May 2010, 07:38 PM
anyone goin to the drifting next weekend in wakefield park??

sloth
14th May 2010, 07:47 PM

I discussed it the other week with some mates, I'll probably be going if they still remember and I don't get called in to work.

john84ie
14th May 2010, 07:52 PM
what ya driving?would be get a convoy if a few are goin,all depends on the night before for me though!

sloth
15th May 2010, 01:05 AM
what ya driving?would be get a convoy if a few are goin,all depends on the night before for me though!

Not sure what I'm driving there in yet (or if I'm doing the driving). If I'm going with my two mates it probably won't be in the 86... it would probably be in an XR6 or Honda Legend.

KENut
15th May 2010, 10:49 AM
Maybe, but going to eastern creek for superlap on the saturday. Hmmm decisions

BLIPAE86
15th May 2010, 07:56 PM
i might be up for that but the whole interior striped out and just preping for paint hope i have it all done by the been keen on this for a few weeks so would be good

john84ie
18th May 2010, 01:54 PM
im goin superlap now to,might catch the driftin on way home sunday

AIROCOBRA
23rd May 2010, 02:08 PM
Next hillclimb is on next Sunday 30 MAY . Have made a few changes to the car --- wheel alignment , not so high tyre pressures , bigger rear disc's , new master cylinder.

So hope to be a bit more controlled this time .

sloth
23rd May 2010, 06:44 PM
im goin superlap now to,might catch the driftin on way home sunday

Saw your sprinter there but you didn't take it out on the track, or do the drags :P

AIROCOBRA
30th May 2010, 08:53 PM
Hill Climb Update !!
Had a great day !!!! Weather was appalling , RAINED ALL DAY --- water across the track in two places for most of the day , water sheeting down the hills main climb . Took it a bit easy to start with after last events grip dramas. Had a great battle with a Suzuki Swift in my class ( under 1600cc modified ). Prior to the 2nd last run he was in front by one 100th of a second , so with the rain at it's heaviest I took a doss of brave pills and had a real go ---- beat him by 200th of a second to win the class. On our last runs he broke something in his drive line and I had a half loose and then spin after the finish line . The weather was tragic but the competition and standard of driving in such appalling conditions was terrific . All the drivers competing today deserve much praise.
Interestingly I felt more unsafe on the drive home in traffic than I did on the track ???
Hope to see some of you guys at the next meeting , ON THE TRACK ---- don't leave it up to a old bastard to grab the glory .

Regards Bob

john84ie
30th May 2010, 09:11 PM
Saw your sprinter there but you didn't take it out on the track, or do the drags :P

i had my ae71 with me,not a sprinter!my levin is in ireland,only have a ae71 here at the moment!

john84ie
30th May 2010, 09:13 PM
yeah rain put me off goin for a look today!

AIROCOBRA
22nd June 2010, 03:43 PM
If any ones interested another Hill Climb this weekend . Sunday 27th June .

ae8zn6
22nd June 2010, 07:17 PM
Sunday puts me out... I work every Sunday.... in Sydney

sloth
27th June 2010, 06:10 PM
Here are some pics from the day, enjoy :)

http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=5381

KENut
27th June 2010, 06:41 PM
Nice! Gonna enter Sloth?
Old mate in the torana looks fairly composed in those pics for once haha

sloth
27th June 2010, 07:04 PM
Nice! Gonna enter Sloth?
Old mate in the torana looks fairly composed in those pics for once haha

I'll probably give it a go once I've got my understeer issues sorted out, some new rubber and can drive decently.

AIROCOBRA
27th June 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Sloth for the posted photos , some great pics their in failing light and with the sun in your eyes. Shame you didn't get the slide on the last run . Just saw some video camera footage of it --- can not believe that I got it back from that angle !!!!! Mind you I had the dash matt draped over my head at the time , so I probably did'nt have much to do with ----- the car just decided it did'nt want to hit the wall. Car will be a bit lighter next time ---- dash matt now removed . I will have to save up for gripper tyres . Sideways is fun but not conducive to great times.

Regards Bob

Water Boy
3rd August 2010, 11:17 PM
Where can one go to compete in motorsport in the nations capital?

Iv done a few hot runs up the back of Stromlo...

sloth
3rd August 2010, 11:31 PM
There's the skidpan and hillclimb on Sutton Road. There's also some nearby tracks (Marulan and Wakefield).

AIROCOBRA
4th August 2010, 10:06 AM
SDMA HILL CLIMB Canberra Sunday 8 AUG -2 LAP
This is the big one for the year ---- two laps ---------- instead of heading off to the pits after you just warmed up ------ this one lets you do !!!!!!! it again !!!!!!!!!.
Made a few improvements to the sprinter so I am hoping for a bit more grip and less of the ( drift action ).

Remember its free to watch and lately we have had some great racing with some great cars.

jamekins
4th August 2010, 11:36 AM
May pop out and have a looksee, sounds like it could be interesting. Also apparently its AE86 day on friday, anyone fancy a small gathering that evening? Maybe even get a few decent night photos of our cars?

BLIPAE86
4th August 2010, 06:03 PM
would be keen but out of town maybe next weekend

sloth
10th August 2010, 12:26 AM
SDMA HILL CLIMB Canberra Sunday 8 AUG -2 LAP
This is the big one for the year ---- two laps ---------- instead of heading off to the pits after you just warmed up ------ this one lets you do !!!!!!! it again !!!!!!!!!.
Made a few improvements to the sprinter so I am hoping for a bit more grip and less of the ( drift action ).

Remember its free to watch and lately we have had some great racing with some great cars.

Shame I missed it (haven't been checking the forums lately). Was chatting with a friend at work today who was there, said your sprinter was pretty quick, I'm guessing you weren't wearing your dashmat while drifting this time :D

john84ie
10th August 2010, 09:24 AM
any skidpan days on?got a new car and wanna have a play in it!

sloth
10th August 2010, 09:28 AM
CCG (Canberra Celica Group) is doing a skid pan in about the middle of September. I was going to go, but I might be interstate then (and I think my car has some problems atm). Last time I checked (which was a couple of weeks ago) they still had places free. If you check their site you should be able to find more details.

john84ie
10th August 2010, 09:47 AM
nice one man,deffo will be up for it anyway!do ya get the full day there?

KENut
10th August 2010, 11:55 AM
got a new car and wanna have a play in it!

So what did you get?
You know everyone loves photos too, hint hehe

john84ie
10th August 2010, 04:52 PM
sneak peak....
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/0/2/50707.jpg

KENut
10th August 2010, 06:54 PM
Nice!! looks immac

Do they have a 1G?

AIROCOBRA
7th September 2010, 07:11 PM
Next round of the hill climb series is on again this Sunday , for any one interested.

john84ie
7th November 2010, 10:14 AM
anything to do today??

maxhag
7th November 2010, 12:36 PM
just bought another 86....... That was fun!

john84ie
7th November 2010, 01:03 PM
details??whats the plans for it?

anyone breaking a sprinter in act,scapyards,ect?

maxhag
7th November 2010, 02:35 PM
1984 Australian delivered 86
-Resprayed sunshine yellow
-Vertex kit
-Fully engineered 4age 16v bigport conversion
-Lowered
-Mandrel bent exhaust with cannon
-Microtec computer
-MA61 rims with plenty of rubber
-Cobra immobiliser/alarm .

Will post up pics soon...

what parts are you after John?

john84ie
7th November 2010, 08:32 PM
ah i think i know the one,had a look around it,seen it on all classifieds aswell,was big money,you get it cheap?!whats the plan for it?

only need some small bits..i wanna put these coilovers in my ae71,i need some nuts and bolts to assemble the struts,4age be nice for the wagon 2!

KENut
7th November 2010, 08:45 PM
Did you buy it from a bloke called Beau?

John, seabiscuit is parting his ke70, you could get bolts from that?

maxhag
8th November 2010, 01:49 AM
Yeah, beaus car. Top bloke..

I actually pulled out from the sale. Did some sums and realised it's not really worth it. Basically, it's a old tired ADM shell, that has had a good respray and old (3rib) 4AGE fitted. All other parts on the car are worn out ADM stuff and the motor runs rough. Basically, after changing bushes, getting new springs (cut stock ones have the car handling shit and sitting too low), new exhaust (currently rusted and full of holes), getting engine tuned (really old microtech digi), getting a T series diff, extractors, inspected etc etc etc, the basics to make it how i would want it as a daily, there are heaps better deals out there. But i must say, The best part of the car is the body. the paint job looks really good and I couldn't see any rust or damage. Bit expensive for what it is..... Iam still sort of tempted though.

John, if you dont get anywhere with the coilovers, remember iam looking to buy :P

AIROCOBRA
8th November 2010, 08:55 AM
Last round of the hill climb series is on again this Sunday , for any one interested.

john84ie
8th November 2010, 06:31 PM
seems a bit much for the price,if your gunna spend that much you should have a look at mine!you ever see the white gze sprinter around?i could have got that for 6500 last year and its twice the car that yellow one is!your better of goin up to sydney or melbourne to get a sprinter,not much selection in act...

maxhag
8th November 2010, 11:03 PM
I agree, thats why I pulled out. He was asking for $5G by the way, not 8 as advertised......

john84ie
9th November 2010, 08:46 PM
new toyota for me,must stop buying!!

maxhag
10th November 2010, 12:10 AM
What is it now Johnny?

john84ie
10th November 2010, 10:27 PM
quick look,been after this one for awile!what ya think?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/0/2/57209.jpg

maxhag
11th November 2010, 05:04 AM
Any more details? Still got the red one?

KENut
11th November 2010, 08:05 AM
Wow that looks like a very clean pano! windowless yay

AIROCOBRA
14th February 2011, 08:50 PM
1st round of 2011 ACT Hillclimb series this Sunday . Have not taken the Sprinter off the trailer since I ran it at a track day mid Dec. Hope she still starts ? ( Of course she will !!!!!)

maxhag
14th February 2011, 11:41 PM
See you there Bob, I will be there with my 86 this year........

ae8zn6
15th February 2011, 10:13 AM
Typical, at work again, although all going well Ill be at the peanut track at EC on Sat night doing the sideways thing. :)

PS Bob are you still interested in the T series?

sloth
20th February 2011, 05:23 PM
Couple of snaps from the SDMA Hill Climb today, with both AIROCOBRA and maxhag hitting the track.

john84ie
20th February 2011, 07:07 PM
hey,weres my car!!ha ah no i didnt stay long..

KENut
20th February 2011, 09:24 PM
Looking good fellas! Nice photos sloth

Get those rca's in ok John?

AIROCOBRA
21st February 2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for posting the photos --- Regards Bob

sloth
21st February 2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for posting the photos --- Regards Bob

There's heaps more from the day (got a total of 285). I'll convert all of them to jpg tonight and upload them to my site.

john84ie
21st February 2011, 08:46 PM
Looking good fellas! Nice photos sloth

Get those rca's in ok John?

not yet,probly do it sat after i get these guards rolled!

toddski
22nd February 2011, 09:40 AM
Great photos there sloth - don't suppose you got any of the crappy silver RX7 with matte black bonnet & RS8s? That'd be me. Lurk here as I'd like an 86 one day.

sloth
22nd February 2011, 10:48 AM
Great photos there sloth - don't suppose you got any of the crappy silver RX7 with matte black bonnet & RS8s? That'd be me. Lurk here as I'd like an 86 one day.

Since you commented on my photos I might be able to put up a couple of your car :) (I'm pretty sure I got some, though I don't think I got the mad sideways you had at the end of one of your runs).

Later tonight all the photos I got of the day (all 250) will be up. The ones I've posted on here have been slightly edit etc (if I've got a good one of your RX7 I'll make it look nice) but I haven't put much effort into the other 240 (just did an auto-adjust in photoshop, turned up the vibrance and clarity and added a vignette).

toddski
23rd February 2011, 10:09 AM
(I'm pretty sure I got some, though I don't think I got the mad sideways you had at the end of one of your runs)

Be great to see all the photos - let us know when they're up. Though I suspect you're thinking of one of the other silver RX7s - I don't remember getting very sideways through the last corner (through the top kink is another matter but nobody but the flaggie would have seen that).

sloth
23rd February 2011, 06:43 PM
All the pictures that I took are here:

http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=7622

toddski
23rd February 2011, 08:07 PM
Still working through them all but some great stuff there. Thanks heaps.

Also noticed my car is diving under brakes (http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=8410&g2_serialNumber=2). Hmmm...

sloth
23rd February 2011, 08:19 PM
You can get larger copies if you click on the image.

One of my favourites is: http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=7820

BLIPAE86
21st March 2011, 11:30 AM
Hay guys got any stuff happening soon pritty keen to get out these days

maxhag
21st March 2011, 12:27 PM
You comin to the Shannons wheels expo then, this weekend?

sloth
21st March 2011, 01:08 PM
Didn't realise shannons was this weekend. Might come along and take some photos.

I don't really think my Integra is worthy of being displayed, maybe we can push the KE70 though from Kambah ;) lol

BLIPAE86
21st March 2011, 02:18 PM
yes i be there this weekend

Where you meeting?

maxhag
22nd March 2011, 01:29 AM
Woolies carpark in Erindale, opposite the carwash Strictly at 7:30am, departing 7:45am.
Or meet at the event at 8am.... my number is 0424 721 655 if you get lost

ae8zn6
25th March 2011, 12:09 AM
Have fun guys! Wish I was going with you

maxhag
3rd April 2011, 02:30 AM
Motorkhana is today, Come check it out
Located at the driving training centre, next door to the hillclimb on sutton rd, just out of queanbo

from 9-3

AIROCOBRA
28th April 2011, 07:04 PM
Another hillclimb this Sunday , with two ae86's running and rumour of a third , come and support the Sprinters , doing what they do best ------ going fully sick !!!!!!

maxhag
29th April 2011, 01:35 AM
Who's the third?

AIROCOBRA
29th April 2011, 12:15 PM
A guy from down Bega way , exVIC rally car , now supper charged ---- but car may not be ready this round ??????? Got ANOTHER ae86 yesterday from down the coast that makes 5 . Exept for the hatch this one a good retsorer .

maxhag
30th April 2011, 12:32 AM
Got a decent body for me yet then Bob?

AIROCOBRA
30th April 2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry mate my better half has got dibs on the latest ae86 ( she wants a roadie ) Still thinking about the spare shell , it is the tidiest no rust shell I have ever come accross and well you seen me drive the race car !!!!!!!????????????. The ex drift pig is good ( GOOD FOR NOTHING ) you could have that one after I have finished striping it, but it would be the end of a wonderful friendship I think !

maxhag
30th April 2011, 03:02 PM
So are you saying nearly every member of you family will be driving an AE86? Bob, You're AWESOME! lol

AIROCOBRA
30th April 2011, 04:20 PM
No upon reflection of your statement , I think a better idea would be to buy one more , then I could drive a different one for 6 straight days then rest on the 7th. It would almost be a religious experience .

maxhag
30th April 2011, 08:52 PM
I don't doubt that you will be buying more AE86's to complete you're fleet...... lol

maxhag
2nd May 2011, 04:30 AM
Good to see the AE86 interest growing at the SDMA hillclimb yesterday. As usual, Bob and I were there, and another white 4AGTE wanted to complete, but had not done a proper entry and couldn't run. I did see 'Hachi Rocker' lurking around with his camera, great to see you there. I drove your AE86 a few times when Jason owned it, and I know it would be alot of fun on that track . Really hope you join up and run the 4AGZE around the hill, once you try it, you wont look back....

The next hillclimb race meeting is on the 22nd May..... Hope to see some more of the Canberra AE86 clan there.....

AIROCOBRA
2nd May 2011, 05:25 PM
A few photos from sunday

toddski
2nd May 2011, 05:32 PM
Don't suppose you got any photos of my scruffy RX7 Bob? Still shaking my head about the tie for first in class with maxhag - was a great days racing.

AIROCOBRA
2nd May 2011, 08:31 PM
I didnt take many myself , but here a few more

toddski
2nd May 2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks Bob - that shot of you smacking the curb is a beaut! The one of me doing it reminds me I need to roll my guards...

BLIPAE86
7th May 2011, 12:21 AM
stadium drift tomorrow at wakefield starts at 9 i am going just letting everyone know

john84ie
7th May 2011, 12:25 AM
what time you goin?i'll probly head down too for a look

Hachi Rocker
9th May 2011, 01:47 PM
18152181511815018149181481814718146181451814418143 1814218141

Thanks Joe, looked like a heap of fun so I'll definitely be having a go in the Sprinter at some point. Here are a few pics from the day - well done to both of you!

maxhag
10th May 2011, 02:40 AM
Links dont work..... Keen to see your pics from the day.... How have you tried to display the pics?

Hachi Rocker
10th May 2011, 09:55 PM
That's strange, I attached them using the "Insert Image" button in toolbar. Here's an imageshack link - the first half of the pics are from stadium drift but the rest are the ones I tried to upload.

http://img171.imageshack.us/g/img248602.jpg/

Hope it works!

maxhag
11th May 2011, 02:21 AM
I like this one, Awesome shot Dasun!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/69287.jpg

AIROCOBRA
11th May 2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the photos Hachi Rocher. You take a mean photo , that camera is a bute , so sharp an image.

Hachi Rocker
13th May 2011, 12:43 AM
Haha, thanks Bob, it's amazing what a good lense can do. And that was also one of my favourites Joe, well positioned cars! Hopefully we'll have a fourth one to join them soon ;)

BLIPAE86
19th May 2011, 09:40 PM
HILL CLIMB THIS SUNDAY be there to support the AE86 drivers and get some photo shots lets all go ill be there

john84ie
19th May 2011, 09:57 PM
might call down if i get a chance

BLIPAE86
19th May 2011, 10:48 PM
Might just do bring that wagon of yours

john84ie
19th May 2011, 10:50 PM
its in about a hundered pieces at the minute,upgrading the front end..might have a new car by then to bring by...

maxhag
20th May 2011, 03:21 AM
I will obviously be there, Bob also..... When are some more of you fellas gonna join up and compete!

BLIPAE86
20th May 2011, 10:18 PM
I wastalking to bob and you never know when there will be anotherone out there

ae8zn6
21st May 2011, 12:45 AM
:( exam @ work @ Sydney @ Monday morning = no chance.... I even asked for the week off to come... promise I am trying to get to these!

AIROCOBRA
21st May 2011, 06:07 PM
Just was putting the Sprinter on the trailer , when I notice a funny ( ha ha !!!!! ) noise from the engine bay . Checked a few of the obvious things --- nothing identified , but it was a noise that was only going to end in tears . Took the fan belt off and noise is no more . BLOODY WATER PUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So have some tea , get my son's project AE86 out of garage and the fun begins . Son's engine has a new water pump so .................. , he wont notice he's out partying. Hope it all comes together and I make it tomorrow ??????? .
Also if I do all this work and the WORLD ENDS TONIGHT ----- JEEZ I AM GOING TO BE PISSED.

I think I am getting to old for this shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLIPAE86
21st May 2011, 07:19 PM
You'll make it and that's all shit about the world ending hahaha

sloth
22nd May 2011, 09:50 PM
Big congratulations to Joe and Bob on their personal bests today at the Hill Climb, 49.7!! Great stuff guys.

http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11829

maxhag
23rd May 2011, 04:01 AM
Yeah Sloth, we had a great day. Bob can happily retire now..... lol
I am getting much more feeling with both the car and track, and I know both me and the car have alot more to give and new targets have been set. It might be aiming a bit high, but my target now, is, well, the class record, 47.56sec. Not saying I will be there soon, but thats just my new target/aim. 2 sec is a huge amount when you start reaching these times, but I am gonna give a bloody good go at it.......

Tyrie
23rd May 2011, 10:34 AM
Hey look Toddski is on this forum too!!

47.56 is FAST! Would love to see the sprinter in 47s, but I reckon it'll require more power, new soft tyres and a shtload of track time to get there! My (eventual goal is a similar time, but breaking the car every time i drive it doesn't help lol) At this stage I'll be happy with a 48.9!

toddski
23rd May 2011, 10:41 AM
Yep - AE86 people have cooler wheels. :) Plus I need to know what Joe is up to...

That's a good goal - but it is an indecently quick time. I know a little about the car that holds that record (and may even have some parts from it) and know the driver - both were f**king good. That said, I reckon you've got a good chance with more seat time on the track - but you'll also have to build the car just to take the record.

Man, I'm going to have to grow some balls to keep up...

AIROCOBRA
23rd May 2011, 01:08 PM
I don't know about retiring , but now that the magic 49 barrier has been broken , might spend money and time getting the other two Sprinters rebuilt and on the road. Going on the tyre wear from my dunlop softs yesterday I would say to maintain costent 49's in a n/a Sprinter with 100 RWKW would reqiure 3 sets of tyres for nine rounds. A lot of money to committe (which I do not have ) donations to ............ , plus the lines I took yesterday requied 100% plus committment , millmetres either way and well ....&%#@$$$$$$$$ . Maybe a bit more left in my car but not much more left in me . ( except if I loose 40 kg plus ---- not going to happan --- not that dedicated.) Might save the tires for warm sunny days. And just run my old Federals over winter and wet days . But I was well chuffed with the time, and so happy to finally put together a spot on lap. Made the late night water pump swap well worth will. Congrats to MAXTAG ----- I think , more faster times to come , soft tyres and a warm track and that record watch out. I have fogotten his name ( old timers disease ) but the other chap in the other AE86 TURBO did well for his first time out , didn,t go silly , drove within himself and started to learn the track. Also Tyrie put in some great times in the Shopping Micra , as well as some impressive burnouts.
Also might see if I can fix up the ex drift pig ( parts car ) to do a Khanacross in July , So that the old warrior can go out in style before it meets the crusher. ( that's the car guys not me !!!!!!!) On to the next event !!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70281.jpg

Tyrie
23rd May 2011, 01:17 PM
lol I so wanted a 54 in the micra, but couldn't put it together. I did manage my first <3sec short split though which was good, big burnouts are required to get the splits!

I'm hoping to be running the datsun at the khanacross, with front suspension jacked up (struts are ex-Ed Ordynski 1600 rallycar I have been told) and some taller rear springs, as well as some rally tyres and 220kw it should be a load of fun!

AIROCOBRA
23rd May 2011, 01:33 PM
Intro the drift pig !!!!! besides the obvious she needs a clutch , brake calipers ( one is missing ??????? ) seat belts , aircleaner etc etc . Dont know if I will have enough time or bits to make it happen ? We will see ?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70282.jpg

toddski
23rd May 2011, 01:45 PM
Damn Bob, how many of these things do you own?!

If you don't have all the bits I'm sure there will be someone local with the bits. How bad is the shell? Could it become a serious light weight drill-the-bejesus out of it and hang fibreglass panels on it Type 4 hillclimb weapon?

Don't suppose amongst your stash you have any 15x7 +27 or 15x6.5 +16 rims? :) Always on the hunt...

maxhag
23rd May 2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, as I said Tye, I am setting my target much higher now. The last set target of 49's has come easier than expected, and I was fucking up yesterday and still getting 49's. Each time I am out, I am learning something new....

Iam not saying 47's is just around the corner, not by a long shot, but I reckon that if I did a 'perfect lap' now (bob knows about this.. lol) in the cars current setup, somewhere in the 48's would be quite possible, so then, with a few more improvments, like soft tyres, better engine tune (not currently tuned for the new fuel system), setting suspension up bit better, more track practice, practice launches etc... etc, I feel I could go faster again......

Hey look Toddski is on this forum too!!

47.56 is FAST! Would love to see the sprinter in 47s, but I reckon it'll require more power, new soft tyres and a shtload of track time to get there! My (eventual goal is a similar time, but breaking the car every time i drive it doesn't help lol) At this stage I'll be happy with a 48.9!

AIROCOBRA
23rd May 2011, 02:53 PM
No Todd ,
She is for the crusher under that matt black paint is RUST, SALASTIC ,INCHES OF BOG AND MORE BOG .
I have 5 x SPRINTERS IN VARIOS STAGES OF CONSTRUCTION OR DESTRUCTION.The hillclimb car , a spare rolling shell , a ADM under construction for my son ( to be 4AGE injected ) , another ADM not yet started for my partner and me ( 4AGE 40mm webers )

DRIFT PIG
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70287.jpg

SPARE ROLLING SHELL AND HILLCLIMB CAR ON TRAILER
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70288.jpg

SON'S CAR UNDER CONSTRUCTION ( JUST PAINTED )
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70289.jpg

NEXT PROJECT ROADIE FOR PARTNER AND ME
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/70290.jpg

I SEEM TO HAVE A THING FOR RED ---- APPARENTLY THEY ARE FASTER

Tyrie
23rd May 2011, 03:50 PM
ooh are they 14s on the rust machine? can I have them? :D

AIROCOBRA
23rd May 2011, 04:32 PM
Sorry mate , They are 13 inch . But they are ( a vary nice !!!!!!! )

maxhag
25th May 2011, 05:13 AM
Here is an incar video from one of my runs at the latest hill climb. It's not my best, but it's all I got on vid... It is a 50.2sec lap

Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/3OFOizSS7bM

maxhag
12th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Here is a video from todays MGCC Motorkhana----

p78Ww90O1C0

sloth
12th June 2011, 08:26 PM
The Motorkhana was a bucket of fun! Can't wait to get out there again. Hopefully I'll be able to do an event like that one day in a rear wheel drive.

maxhag
12th June 2011, 10:46 PM
ANOTHER VID OF A RUN -

-iE3wI_NUuY

maxhag
12th June 2011, 11:52 PM
And Another---

thCAHorCCg0

Bunta
19th June 2011, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone,new on forum. I'm in the same situation as most ppl have been in, bought Ae86 with bigport 4age about 2years ago. Been gradually fixing all its problems myself as I have a Dad who has been in the ACT rally/speedway since 80's so I know my way round a car. I'm really keen to start getting involved in some events with other people who love sprinters and don't think im stupid for putting in so much time into an "old car" as they see it. Any upcoming events?

sloth
19th June 2011, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately not a lot happens in Canberra. The MG Car Club Of Canberra runs a motorkhana out of Sutton Road every 3 months. The last one was last weekend and the next one is on September 11. I drove in it in my Integra (the Shitegra) and Maxhag was there in his AE86.

As you would've seen from some of the previous posts, several of the members here drive each month in the local hillclimb. The next hillclimb is on in August, it's free to watch and if you just show up and start talking to the people driving (or standing near) the 86s you'll meet some of the local enthusiasts. Maxhag and Airocobra drive there regularly, and KENut just did his first time today (and will hopefully become a regular). I'm also hoping to get out there in a couple of months either in my Integra or my KE70 track car (when we finish building it).

There is a Khanacross event on in a couple of weeks, though the details on that are still a little fuzzy.

Some of the people here also participate in the CCG-Canberra Celica Group events (http://canberracelica.org/), they organises cruises, skidpan days etc every now and then and are a great group of people.

AE86DC itself doesn't usually organise any direct events, but most of it's members are fairly active amongst other car clubs/groups in Canberra (CCG/Toymods etc), I even used to go to NissanSilvia skidpan days when I had my 86.

I think everyone here is pretty friendly, so if you see someone with an 86 at a local event (or a purple Integra) just walk up, introduce yourself and you'll probably make a new friend.

sloth
19th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Hey guys, as usual you can see all my pics from today hillclimb at: http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13775

If you are interested you can also see pics from CCGs cruise to Flynns Wrecking Yard at: http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=12767

If you're super keen you can even download all the pictures in a zip, just PM me and I'll send you a link.

john84ie
19th June 2011, 11:52 PM
@bunta,welcome dude,any pics/spec of your sprinter?

toddski
20th June 2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the photos Craig - always good to see photos of the 7 to see what it is doing through the corners. Think I was briefly chatting to you towards the end of the meet.

And KENut can see his old wheels on the car - sorry dude I was being real bloody slow yesterday. You were racing the Twinky? Very partial to them, used to race one at the hillclimb, managed a best of 53.66 (on very 2nd hand Toyo R888s). Still think I may get another one and gut the hell out of it, put in a 20V and coilovers and see what I can do in Type 4 0-1600.

AIROCOBRA
20th June 2011, 04:04 PM
Just for fun !!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72621.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72622.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72623.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72624.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72625.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72626.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72627.jpg

maxhag
21st June 2011, 06:12 AM
Nice pics Bob.....

toddski
21st June 2011, 10:13 AM
Scary you can read my mind Bob! :) Great pics as always - and cracks me up that just about every photo of you has wheels in the air, you really do drive the freckle out of that car.

KENut
21st June 2011, 12:32 PM
Lol thats cool Todd, should have introduced myself properly.
I'm a fair way off your time then! I got a 57.70, nice to have a target. What was the specs of your old one?

And KENut can see his old wheels on the car - sorry dude I was being real bloody slow yesterday. You were racing the Twinky? Very partial to them, used to race one at the hillclimb, managed a best of 53.66 (on very 2nd hand Toyo R888s). Still think I may get another one and gut the hell out of it, put in a 20V and coilovers and see what I can do in Type 4 0-1600.

AIROCOBRA
21st June 2011, 02:59 PM
It may not be the fastest , but it sure is a lot of fun to drive near the limit . But seriously it is part of a far reaching plan to save wearing out my tyres . You see if they are up in the air then they are not wearing out ##!!! ????*****.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/8/72818.jpg

toddski
22nd June 2011, 10:50 AM
Lol thats cool Todd, should have introduced myself properly.
I'm a fair way off your time then! I got a 57.70, nice to have a target. What was the specs of your old one?

OK, will try and remember all - there is a thread on ToyMods about it - just search on my username (if you see Toddski on a forum pretty good chance it's me).

Suspension wise it had Lovells sports lows, KYB Excel-Gs, castor kit, and Whiteline bars front and rear (blade rear on hardest - I don't care what anybody says about only needing rear, at that track fitting the front was a massive change for the better). The biggest improvement was the 15" rims running R888s. Though I saw a massive improvement with the RE001s I ran before the R888s over the street tyres I had at the time.

Engine wise basically standard high mileage - had a K&N panel filter, Top Gun leads and some random extractors I was given. And the cat may have been just a shell...

A race seat helped keep me in place (weighed the same as standard seat so no weight saving) and I'd stripped out all the boot trim - but that was it.

Only reason I sold it was to take it up to the next level I would have had to over invest in it with coilovers, etc and a mate had his RX7 for sale...

KENut
22nd June 2011, 06:56 PM
Cool I'll have a look for the thread. Thats pretty much what my plans for mine are!

Its already got monroe gas shocks and pedders lows, I'm waiting for the castor kit and rear swayber to arrive. After seeing what it was like I had been thinking about getting a front swaybar too. Considering RE002's for tyres. Probably wont end up stripping anything out.

Also if any of you guys are interested, theres a rollaclub meet/photoshoot being organised. At this stage its looking like this sunday night, 6-9, old belco mall carpark

maxhag
22nd June 2011, 08:51 PM
not available - I work sunday nights :(

KENut
23rd June 2011, 11:15 AM
Heartbreaker :P

BLIPAE86
23rd June 2011, 12:26 PM
i want be making that at this stage as the in-laws are visiting. shit as bro

KENut
25th June 2011, 08:27 PM
Thats cool dudes, depending on how it works out we might look at running another similar event in the near future

maxhag
26th June 2011, 01:43 AM
Mine just might make an appearance afterall....... ;P

Bunta
2nd July 2011, 07:25 PM
@jonh84ie Its a ADM 84 levin. Bigport 4age conversion, bought her 2 years ago in pretty rough condition except that it had just been resprayed in sunshine yellow. Have replaced cut springs with king springs and rooted shocks with KYB excel g's, brakes bearings etc, lot of work but worth it. How do you get to the for sale section on the forum? Ive tried having a look but i cant seem to find it. Is it best to just put an add on asking for what your looking for and wait for a bite? Are you in a sprinter too?

KENut
2nd July 2011, 08:42 PM
Sales section: http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php/28-Sales-Section

Hey bunta your last name isnt brandon by any chance is it?

maxhag
3rd July 2011, 05:15 AM
@jonh84ie Its a ADM 84 levin. Bigport 4age conversion, bought her 2 years ago in pretty rough condition except that it had just been resprayed in sunshine yellow. Have replaced cut springs with king springs and rooted shocks with KYB excel g's, brakes bearings etc, lot of work but worth it. How do you get to the for sale section on the forum? Ive tried having a look but i cant seem to find it. Is it best to just put an add on asking for what your looking for and wait for a bite? Are you in a sprinter too?

Hey Beau, Did you never end up selling your 86? (JoJo here, I bought those spares from you)

Bunta
4th July 2011, 02:39 AM
thanks for the link to the for sale section, and yes my last name is Brandon, do we know eachother?:) hi JoJo, nah man I decided to keep it, you were the only serious person to look at it, I had ppl trying to swap me silly stuff for it, so have gradually fixed all the problems it had when you saw it. Watched one of your vids before and didn't even recognise your ae86 from the description you gave me, great to actually see it, sounds and looks awesome

maxhag
4th July 2011, 06:05 AM
Good to hear you kept it Beau, It is a really nice shell you have. The colour and paint looks great! Did you end up sorting that engine problem? What was it? That old ECU?
Anyway, I hope you will be able to make it to some events with your car..

JoJo

KENut
4th July 2011, 02:07 PM
Beau, yeah sort of, you might not remember back that far but I was in the same year as your brother at BPS haha. My names Bart.
Knew you had an ae86 after seeing it on fb

Water Boy
18th August 2011, 08:02 PM
Im coming up to Canberra in Sept for German Autofest (yeah I like those funny cars called VW's) anyways where would one find some street activity in ACT. Last time I was there opposite the Fhyswhick caravan park the industrial had a few silvias going gutter to gutter.

Also is there any local cruise spots or areas well known for car gathering on a Friday/Saturday night?

AIROCOBRA
20th August 2011, 11:16 PM
The only street action in Fyshwick these days may lead to a good dose of GONER - REAR or sum such thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sloth
22nd August 2011, 12:37 AM
Pics from today's Hill Climb....

http://www.photos.tregearit.com/main.php?g2_itemId=19006

Lots of smoke and spinning out. Good times were had by all.

toddski
22nd August 2011, 01:10 PM
Great photos - thanks as always for grabbing some of the bucket. And you got my spin and cone grab. Excellent. :D

maxhag
29th August 2011, 03:40 PM
Wrong way Bob, wrong way.....

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/207970.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/207972.jpg

AIROCOBRA
29th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Shit I did'nt think anyone noticed my slightly early turn right ---- oh! by the way wasn't wearing any undies --- part of the new lightening of the sprinter program .

ae8zn6
31st August 2011, 02:51 AM
who has entered the motokana on Sunday week?