PDA

View Full Version : help where to get lamp failure unit.

Gotcarbs
19th April 2010, 12:31 PM
hey guys does anyone know where i can get my hand on a lamp failure unit, i've got no brake lights and i've traced it back to this box i found in the boot. part number is 89373-32020 any help would be great.

ke70dave
19th April 2010, 01:41 PM
do you know what the box does?

i assume its for an ae86, and they have a brake light failure light on the dash?

i think the little box is just a current sensing thing and if no current is being drawn then the little indicator turns on? (letting you know your brake lights arent working)

if you are sure that the little box is at fault you might be able to just omit it from the system....unless you really want your little indicator light to work etc. would take a bit of playing around with a multi meter etc.

Gotcarbs
19th April 2010, 03:29 PM
yeah i did want it to still all work but im not liking my chances of finding one as its a discontinued part.

looks like im going to have to bypass it.

cbjaust
19th April 2010, 03:46 PM
looking at the circuit diagram, it looks like you can just bypass it. The wire that goes into the box from the brake pedal switch is Green/White and the same colour is listed as coming out of the box and on to the brake lights. So have a look and join the two ends up to bypass the box.

Gotcarbs
19th April 2010, 04:29 PM
yeah just bypassed the box cheers guys working all good now. would still like to try and find another one tho.

cbjaust
19th April 2010, 05:02 PM
yeah just bypassed the box cheers guys working all good now. would still like to try and find another one tho.

They seem to be specific to the Japanese EFI AE86s

racsov
19th April 2010, 07:54 PM
Lamp fail.

Anthony
20th April 2010, 09:53 AM
^^ lol

try one from an mx83 or ma70. might see one of those at a wrecking yard.