PDA

View Full Version : T-series insalation and LSD re-conditioning

jamekins
19th April 2010, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

I have a t-series diff with 2 way coming my way to replace my troublesome s-series in a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if there was any one that has put one of these in before that may want to help me (possibly with the reward of beer or other tasty things) or where would be a good place to get it done? (I don't trust my self to do it propperly) And where abouts in Canberra is good for re-conditioning LSD's? Cause I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get that done before I put it in.

Any help would be great

maxhag
20th April 2010, 12:48 AM
I would like to help you but I hardly get enough time to work on my own car..... lol
I should be able to help you on a weekend in 3-4 weeks if you can wait untill then though... Do you just want to put the new LSD centre in the T-series housing and then bolt it up to the car? What needs 're-conditioning'?

Otherwise,

Mick Whild at 'M&A engineering' in Mitchell is really good and can do the job for you

jamekins
20th April 2010, 02:21 PM
I'm getting the whole t-series assembly with the LSD in it already. I'm assuming it would be a good idead to have the center its self checked out/re-conditioned and the like to make sure it won't do something horrible when I start to use it. If that makes sense. I won't have the thing untill wednesday next week and I certainly won't have the time to do anything about putting it in for at least another 3 weeks so if you're keen to help in 3-4 weeks that works for me. I think its important to point out that I have little to no idea about what is involved in this job, but I may or may not be able to rope in my dad who is experienced in such things.

maxhag
21st April 2010, 03:14 AM
sounds easy.

talk in a few weeks,

JoJo

jamekins
26th May 2010, 01:21 PM
Bump. Still looking for a hand with this and maxhag appears to be a busy, busy man.

maxhag
27th May 2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah, i know, sorry dude. I dont get much spare time....

AIROCOBRA
27th May 2010, 09:02 AM
Mate ,
You should be able to do this one yourself ! Also bit tied up at the moment , but I did mine myself and I am no mechanic as some of my posts will attest . If you are at the hill climb on Sunday I can walk you through the steps that I did and what gear you might need .
Regards Bob

jamekins
27th May 2010, 09:50 AM
yeah I know its a pretty strait forward job I just want to make sure I don't mess up something important like the the brake lines... I may pop out to the hill climb depending on how busy I am.

KENut
27th May 2010, 09:50 AM
So you want to check the lsd and then install the complete diff?
Cant say I know anything about lsd's. But installing the diff is easy.
Unbolt tailshaft, maybe tie it up to the body so its not stuffing the centre bearing.
Take off handbrake cables (have to take off drum I think)
Take off / out shocks and springs
Undo brake lines
Then undo suspension arm bolts. You might need to bash the bolts out and use a tyre lever or something to get the arms out :P

Install is reverse. Hardest thing with diff centres is getting it back in, would make things easier to cool centre and heat housing to get it in.
Hope all that made sense and I didnt leave anything out!

KENut
27th May 2010, 09:53 AM
With the brake lines make sure you use GOOD quality proper brake line spanners and you'll be fine...
And if you need to bend the lines just do it real slowly, a little section at a time. Small bends wont crimp the line, big sudden tight bends will