PDA

View Full Version : AA63 Celica

Daz32
20th April 2010, 08:29 PM
Hey just thought i might put a build thread up as im kinda board.

I have a Auz SA63 which i got off a mate it had a respray when i first got it but is getting a bit rusty again now. Put a AA63 X member that i got with biggo's carina before i sold it to him and bolted it in and now claim it as a AA63

Been chipping away at if for a few weeks now and getting somewhere put the 7AGE that i have sittiing it a crate meant for my 86 which i sold before i ever put it in.

Bits so Far

Motor/Driveline
Jap Built 7AGE
Bigport head portted and polish(alot)
HKS cams 304* 8.1 IN 288* 8.1 EXH
Toda Cam gears
Balanced Bottom end
Twin 45mm side draught webers
MSD ingnition
Motor has other work done but cant remeber everything right now
JDM T50
Standard Diff soon to be welded

Suspension
Pretty basic setup
front coilovers
Trd green shocks
King springs 4kg (going to replace them soon)
ajps rears springs 6kg
fully sick muroe shocks for rear
extra lock rack spacers

Body Pretty well standard

Wheels
dont really no yet got a pair of 17x8 +15 zenkias at them moment for skidders on my 32 might see how they go but not real keen on 17s on a old toyota but we will see

Pics couple of the pics are a 4age i have for test fititng havent taken any of the 7age in the car yet

bigdaddykane
21st April 2010, 05:15 PM
nice good luck with the 7age

marvis
21st April 2010, 06:00 PM
AWESOME!

Please don't put 17's on it. 14's or 15's is a winner.

ae71
21st April 2010, 07:51 PM
the "super responce" sticker will now be a bit more accurate :P

Daz32
21st April 2010, 08:01 PM
AWESOME!

Please don't put 17's on it. 14's or 15's is a winner.

Yeh im not a big fan of the 17s but the only other choice is stocko's so not alot of a choice

Daz32
21st April 2010, 08:03 PM
Ahaha i didnt notice that Super Response sticky before you said id be hopeing this packs a little more kick than the old motor

Daz32
26th April 2010, 05:28 PM
yeh made some progess the last few days finished putting carbs and exhaust on finished the gearbox mount and wired up the MSD so though it was time to see if it would start.

so with a couple of cranks it went but the timming needs tending to and a couple of fuel leaks which turns into why i called it a day. after playing with the timming and the timming computer the next few attempts it ended up shooting a fireball out of cylinder 3 and ingnihted a fuel leak and almost me. so after we all freaked out (my mate and my g/f) we hosed out the fire and packed it up for the day.:peek:

piccy of motor as it sits now few things need tidying up like the stray wire accross the motor and things like cluth slave need to to get tailshaft lengthed a bit and put my suspension in the list grows as you think about it more

silent drifter
29th April 2010, 08:56 AM
this thing should hook once you have it running and tuned.

a31Ev
29th April 2010, 06:03 PM
this thing should hook once you have it running and tuned.

Agreed, I hope it lives to my expectations iv set for it haha

biggo
1st May 2010, 04:03 PM
Motor > extractors > end

then find a range to drive it up and annoy 40 different families for shits and giggles. Will be a beast if everyting works out perfectly.

Daz32
1st May 2010, 06:44 PM
ahaha oh yeh thats how it is now and it aint going to get much longer fucking loud thoe for the few seconds it ran lol

Daz32
2nd May 2010, 03:37 PM
got a little motivated today and tryed out the sandblaster on the rear drums for a bit of a clean up besides getting covered in sand does a really good job and quick

a31Ev
2nd May 2010, 09:04 PM
so it runs hells yeh! now thats done come help me do my steering

Daz32
2nd May 2010, 09:49 PM
ahaha did my 32 yesterday its a bitch you would have to bring your car here you dont have the tools for it

Daz32
6th May 2010, 05:28 PM
so i cant do anything on the motor side of things for about 2 weeks the fuel pump i got is fuct and leaking bad so its been sent off so i thought i would put most of my suspension in and sandblasted some more rusty bits also borrowed a mates wheels for shits and giggles photo's speak for themself

AJPS
6th May 2010, 05:31 PM
make it as light as humanly possible

get some 14x8 and 14x9 i reckon and super low....

marvis
6th May 2010, 05:53 PM
I agree, could fit 10's on the rear easy and 8.5- on the front too.

Daz32
6th May 2010, 06:01 PM
yeh the plan is 8 or 8.5 all round i just put them on for a laugh they are 14x10 -31 and 14x12 -51 and wiegh nothing at all

a31Ev
6th May 2010, 07:46 PM
the rears look like them floaty boat giant wheels hahaha

bigm
7th May 2010, 06:57 PM
are those wheels for sale still? seen them probably a year ago ahha

Daz32
9th May 2010, 10:02 PM
yeh the guy that owns them is thinking of selling them he had them for a n2 kit sprinter here is a couple more pics for laughs

ae71
9th May 2010, 10:24 PM
they could soooo be made to fit!!

flares and a heap of camber, easy, do it

Zach
10th May 2010, 10:29 AM
they could soooo be made to fit!!

flares and a heap of camber, easy, do it

Seconded.

Daz32
10th May 2010, 06:17 PM
lol yeh 140mm hanging out on the rears with 3* camber already be a vip car with like 45* and they might make it lol

ae71
12th May 2010, 04:02 AM
with 45* camber you wouldnt need flares.

i did see a cedric a few weeks ago fanging around with so much rear camber you could have put your fingers under the ouside tread blocks of the tyres!!

i hope this doesn't end up being too slow and disappointing for you. it definitely has a element of coolness (replacing a 2.4l with a 1.6) but weight would be a little concerning.

Daz32
12th May 2010, 01:15 PM
yeh weight isnt really a concern a friend of mine has a ra60 that was only 900kg so see how it goes and its a 7age so 1.8 bit more tourge to move the wieght and a few other supporting mods should get it moving along quite nicely the only issue at the moment is playing with the timming im have issuse where it doesnt want to rev sits and idles fine just wont rev is shitting me

biggo
12th May 2010, 07:18 PM
Retard the dizzy and advance the intake cam

Daz32
13th May 2010, 01:57 PM
intake cam is advance already from tdc by a few deg timming light tells me the car at its idel its at 10 to 15* btdc i was going but looks like exhaust is advanced to i read that cause the 7afe bottom end is taller it advances the intake and ehaust 3* so i was going to retard them 3 to set it as if its standard but not sure?? you will just have to come round this week end and get ya freak on with it might go make a bit of a exhause runnign off the headers is pretty loud lol

Daz32
13th May 2010, 01:59 PM
oh yeh and i cant get the alternator charging the celica loom has 3 wires the 4age plug has 3 wires iv tried many combo's lol but no bingo could i have fuct something hooking it up wrong any one know??

Matt-AE86
24th May 2010, 02:23 PM
did you blow the main fuse maybe ?

Daz32
3rd June 2010, 05:16 PM
nah the alternator is working now it was the battery i was useing it was fuct and wouldnt charge

but there is anouther issue for some reason my msd ingnition thinks the car is doing 8k rpm at idel hmmmmm fucks me and still waiting on a reply from msd dam americans. other that that the car revs freely now to a point but the rpm issue pulls it up as the thing thinks its doing over 10000 rpm in the msd's mind but its proble on doing 4-5 revs but ill hopefully have that sorted soon

got the taild shaft back to its now in all the gear box mount is in still need to work on the zorst still dodgy temp one at the moment jsut need to tidy up the interior a bit and put some stuff back togeather

so with any luck i should be able to drive it soon (fingers crossed) few back street test runs and an allignment and hopefully down to the track

a31Ev
3rd June 2010, 10:40 PM
hey man i am working with the old boy tomorrow and might go to the shed and grab my oxy set if you want it for the zorst and can get a refill for like 80 bucks and its good to go. i think!

ae71
4th June 2010, 04:05 PM
dude, project cars like this make me want to move back to australia lol!

Daz32
8th June 2010, 03:04 PM
hahaha yeh just had a huge win too got the tacho readign right which means the msd is finaly working they way it should thanks to Ant at kiazan garage. turns out the wright up i have read about this told me the wrong positive wire off the dizzy so changed that re- routed them away from the coil and bang it idles and when i rev it the timing computer advances it SO FUCKIGN HAPPY

so now just some fine tuning needed and put al lthe compter back where it lives and re- tidy the wiring back up since i ripped it all out chasing my tail weld my zorst and i should be able to hot lap the neighbors they will love it.....

and ill try get some new pics and maybe a vid of it running sounds so angry just wants to be driven