PDA

View Full Version : from vic to wa!

tc-rolla
22nd April 2010, 12:52 PM
hey guys,

looks like i could be moving up to w.a. for work (not confirmed) ans was wondering what do you guys have in the way of drift tracks? i found a little information on collie? motorplex. but is that the only one. altho, i be in kalgoorlie for a bit and theres fuck all there. and its like 7hours from kal to perth.

cheers fellas, ben.

Nikkojoe
22nd April 2010, 01:02 PM
collie which usually only happens a couple of times a year, most currently one 2 day event setup by H8CHIR6KU on these forums which happens saturday. There are other burnout comp/drift days hosted there too.

Barbagallo raceway in wanneroo is the other one, practise nights held monthly on a friday from 6:30-10:30pm. The comp season has just ended a couple of weeks ago so wont be anything happening for another 6months (comps held on saturdays).

Check out www.driftwa.com/forum

tc-rolla
26th April 2010, 11:28 PM
thanks for that dude!
just another question, are you guys only on your p plates for 2 years? because im 20 so if i were to transfer my licence over would i be on full licence?
and you guys have like yearly car inspections correct?

cheers, ben.

Todd
27th April 2010, 12:32 AM
thanks for that dude!
just another question, are you guys only on your p plates for 2 years? because im 20 so if i were to transfer my licence over would i be on full licence?
and you guys have like yearly car inspections correct?

cheers, ben.
not sure what would happen with transferral of licences, best to ring the DPI and find out.
we dont have any vehicle inspections. once it's licenced its licenced. just hope you dont get a defect notice from the po po if it's looking sad one night.

Dazzla86
2nd May 2010, 12:25 AM
no inspections man at all. you will have to take your car over the pits here and get it wa liscenced which should be about $300 or so to get complied in wa. everything has to work and their quite pick about oil leaks over here, just pull up round the corner wipe the leaks an then join the line for inspection. suburbs called canning vale, welshpool and malaga and off solomon rd jandakot are worth a look and make good drift tracks (late night ones) honk honk. only if you get a yellow sticker defect notice you need to get it inspected...

H8CHIR6KU
2nd May 2010, 11:54 AM
if youve owned the car in 1 other state for more than a year you dont have to take it over the pits to get the licensed changed to wa rego