PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst Mount Panarama

AE86R
27th January 2009, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know if there a fixed speed cameras at this location.

I have been told yes and no so im not sure what to believe.

I do know police do patrol it with speed radars etc

focus_7
27th January 2009, 11:46 PM
Speeding is bad kids.

mini bus
28th January 2009, 07:52 AM
ive been there afew times and i havent seen any fixed camera's
but yes the police do , do laps on patrol

Driftspec
28th January 2009, 03:06 PM
I haven't heard of fixed speed cameras, but the local police regularly drive it. Lucky buggers... :D

Wally
28th January 2009, 05:38 PM
Just watch out for the boys in blue.

If there was fixed speed cameras it would be listed on the RTA website. Check it out.

skit
31st January 2009, 10:59 PM
In case you did not know, the circuit is a two way road, albeit with no centreline.

Locals drive around it whichever way they please, as they are entitled to.

There is only a few left hand corners you can have a reasonable go at without excessively speeding going up the mountain, and then the one after the chase.

I wouldn't go there expecting to showcase your touge skills, you'll get nicked in no time, or hit someone head on.

ae86ln
1st February 2009, 01:15 AM
ive been around before. i didnt see any fixed cameras and pretty sure there isn't. but you cant go to fast at the top cause most of it is pretty blind corners, but i was on my L's then so i might think differently now.

And being mount panarma the locals are proply sick of people racing around it all the time.

drift kid
1st February 2009, 09:42 AM
no fixed cameras, pleanty of cops.

ae71neo
5th February 2009, 09:17 AM
Its still cool to go around at the speed limit. The dipper and forest elbow, just going the speed limit is pretty hectic.

anastasios
5th February 2009, 10:22 AM
dont they have speed humps on it?

Rice86
5th February 2009, 02:24 PM
wow...sounds like everyone recommends the area for a nice drive..

pics of location?...

Driftspec
5th February 2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I would love to drive it, just as the scenic drive (as it is intended for, the other 51 weeks of the year).

sr_rolla
5th March 2009, 12:58 PM
I live about 5 mins away, definately no fixed cameras, the boys in blue are always there tho, especially at the chase.