PDA

View Full Version : importing from japan, who have you used and who can i trust???

BLACK COUPE
29th April 2010, 06:32 PM
hey guys!!

looking into importing a jzx90 mkii soon, was just after some info on a decent mob to use in brisbane or close to area, as much info as possible would be excellant like price and how your dealings went with them, and if any has imported a 90 what do they need to be complied and how much was it landed??? sorry for all the questions guys!!!!!!!!

joe

Danny t
29th April 2010, 06:59 PM
Graig... justjdm imports.. He might be able to bring you one in but usually only brings in 86's and evo's. Drop him a pm, Plus its the only import place i trust in brisbane.

Hope that helps

slide86
29th April 2010, 07:05 PM
iron chef......say no more.

he got my jzx100, my mates jzx100, another evo 6 TM for a mates brother and is currently searching for a car for another friend.

i cant recommend him highly enough, so thorough and ensures he finds the PERFECT car for you

BLACK COUPE
29th April 2010, 07:32 PM
thank you for the quick responce guys! slide86 are you able to pm me with a price your mates got there 100's for landed??? sorry to be nosey but just wanna see if i could afford a 100 lol will check out iron chef now

slide86
29th April 2010, 07:48 PM
i got my car for 12.5k landed, complied and regoed

the car was 660000 yen, when the exchange rate was round the 95yen/dollar.

ill tell you now, its a bit of a drawn out process and you have to have all the money up front, even though you dont pay all of it straight away. you pay it in stages

1- price of the car and brokers fee (iron chef is round $1000, which is average price)

2- car gets put on boat and shipped here.

3- you pay the shipping fee, import duty and GST

4- car goes to compliance and you pay the workshop

5- car gets transported to you and you have it inspected, i think you eastern states boys call it RWC

6- you get plates, screw them on, and then do a skid

ive forgotten a few smaller steps but thats basically the idea of it. Dont buy a 100, get a 90. I just want to be different still.

BLACK COUPE
29th April 2010, 07:56 PM
was 12.5k for a 100???? yea a 90 seems to be my best bet, if i did go a 100 it would be a mk2 =) iron chef allow 3k for compliance!!!!! my 86 was no were near that expencive so im seing if i can sort my compliance out in qld through tuff toys. thanks for your time mate

KurtHS
29th April 2010, 10:55 PM
Talk to a compliance place and tell them what car, they'll usually be able to give you a rough idea if they've done some of them before.