PDA

View Full Version : somebody get a doctor in here, this s13 is flatlining!

Lameah
28th January 2009, 09:28 PM
hey guys, I had a bit of an acco in my s13 and i need to find a panel beater/body works/smash repairer/dude in a shed that will A. touch imports and B. be morally and ethically barren. I reckon some of you might even know backyard aces who can get the job done. A bit of welding, bogging, probably some light vacuuming and cooking. any help would be great, i die a little inside seeing her under a tarp each morning.

cheeeers

orange32
28th January 2009, 09:31 PM
pics?

Lameah
28th January 2009, 09:32 PM
er... no?

marvis
28th January 2009, 10:03 PM
Location?

Clinton
28th January 2009, 10:04 PM
put some pics up, i may have a man for you. depending on how rooted the car is

Lameah
28th January 2009, 10:26 PM
i'm around morningside, and i cant put pics up because i'm paranoid and none too proud of it. Basically i hit an immovable object around the top of the windshield and it crumpled the centre of the roof, both the pillars are intact and so is the rear windshield and quarters but the roof and windshield itself are faaarked. From what i understand it'd be a straight swap with a second hand roof.
if you gimme your boys email and i'll shoot him more pictures no problems.

ok fuck it
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/6/2/4948.jpg

sonsta
29th January 2009, 01:14 PM
dude i wouldnt bother fixing that, buy another shell and put your engine into it

egg_83
29th January 2009, 01:25 PM
dude i wouldnt bother fixing that, buy another shell and put your engine into it

What he said

all torque
29th January 2009, 01:42 PM
Lol, what the crap did you hit?

johl
29th January 2009, 02:26 PM
so this is what happens when an immovable object strikes an unstoppable force

Lameah
29th January 2009, 05:43 PM
i know it can be fixed, and it looks better in real life.

yeah went over the shell swap option, its too much work and i dont have the space to do it.

Breaka
29th January 2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like a hit and run job to me. Judging by the hinges on the garage door I can safely say you live at 123 Fake Street, Morningside.

Reported.

:yeah:

Lameah
29th January 2009, 06:02 PM
Looks like a hit and run job to me. Judging by the hinges on the garage door I can safely say you live at 123 Fake Street, Morningside.

Reported.

:yeah:

its actually 124 fake st, morningside dickhe... oh shit

addikt
29th January 2009, 06:33 PM
dude im a panel beater and i thinks its a lot worse than u might think/not worth fixing, do a shell swap man???

Clinton
29th January 2009, 07:14 PM
dude im a panel beater and i thinks its a lot worse than u might think/not worth fixing, do a shell swap man???

its what my mate thinks too,hes a panel beater, and even his dad said it too, and hes been a panel beater for like 29 years or something ridiculous...

but seriously what the hell did you do?

did you try and do the fast and the furious under a truck vtec style or something?

Lameah
29th January 2009, 07:15 PM
something like that, only i wasn't running with green fluro strip lights

slydar
29th January 2009, 07:17 PM
depends on the rest of the car whether you would bother to fix it. if its a manual sr turbo car, with some decent parts. and its an otherwise nice car then yeah, maybe you could/would fix it.

there are wrecked silvias at a lot of normal wreckers now. dont know what theyde charge for a turret.

are the a pillars and "drip rails" still lined up with the doors?

youre looking at a few thouy for sure... you could maybe pull the interior ect yourself to reduce the costs..

depends how dodgy youre willing to do it.. i mean even i could fix it.. but id i did.. it wouldnt be the car it once was. thing is like even the window seals for the 1/4 windows ect cost fucking heaps on an s13.. it can add up fast. you can get around things like that, but it wont be done right.. still can be safe but..

biggo
29th January 2009, 07:39 PM
pfft you guys are soft. Where theres a welder theres a way or so i think.

i could do it but im far away. Plus my work tends to be unseen stuff hehehe.

Lameah
29th January 2009, 08:07 PM
i like your style biggo, you're hired!

kaibeecee
29th January 2009, 08:37 PM
unless you are emotionally attached to this particular shell, i'd also transfer the car to another donor

biggo
29th January 2009, 08:40 PM
haha it sounds easier than it really is.

What i would do - grab a windscreen and put it into basically give it strength then chop the munted secion out. Get some 1.2mm sheet and put that in then bog. You could do it with out the windscreen (to save you pulling it out again) by welding a bar accros there. This has alot of variables tho.

egg_83
29th January 2009, 09:08 PM
re shelling is easy. I done a s13 with rb whilst i had my foot in plaster and only took a few weeks. I got the shell cheap they do pop up fairly often

Lameah
29th January 2009, 09:54 PM
you guys dont seem to understand i have no space to do it, let alone the skills and equipment nessecary

Lameah
29th January 2009, 09:56 PM
but fuck it would be cool to drive a sleighty...

slydar
29th January 2009, 11:48 PM
i hate sileightys. ill help just so there isnt one more of them.

wideslider
30th January 2009, 12:05 AM
cut the pillars and weld a new roof on, dodgey but it works perfect.

racsov
30th January 2009, 12:29 AM
if you fix it do you think itll be as strong if you crash again.. something to think about

driftke70
30th January 2009, 03:51 AM
have you tried swearing at it

AE86R
30th January 2009, 04:59 AM
lucky ur not dead.

do i sense a sex spec convertible on the way

Lameah
30th January 2009, 07:45 AM
no idea how strong it'll be

i kicked it a few times, no swearing though.

and yeah, i am pretty damn lucky i'm not dead. dont buy tires from the czech republic no matter how broke you are.

and no, no convertible. even though i really like kazama's candy red s13 convertible he occasionally drifts its just not for me, i get sunburn from the striplights at coles.

johl
31st January 2009, 12:19 AM
if u chop the top and replace it with a new one just make sure u run a cage. either way it will be quicker and cheaper to re shell. u just need to find some room

driftke70
31st January 2009, 01:10 AM
you could pull all your shit out with a 200 dollar crane and stash it in your rage, get rid of this one then buy another and do it again, saves having to have two nissans stinking out your yard

Lameah
31st January 2009, 06:36 AM
i live in a block of flats and really have NO space to do any mechanical swap. I reckon a half cage is a really good idea anyway seeming as i only got into this situation by driving badly haha

driftke70
31st January 2009, 12:10 PM
s13s take over your mind

mitch
31st January 2009, 01:06 PM
have you tried swearing at itHaha!

Lameah
31st January 2009, 03:08 PM
s13s take over your wallet

driftke70
31st January 2009, 03:29 PM
one brain cell at a time

deleta
31st January 2009, 11:51 PM
dude if i was u since u seem to not have to option to do the work your self. take it to some were like camerons body works and get a quote, then talk to some one like erin at JDM and get a quote to do a swap over into an other shell. ... lol and probaly see what tony at perfecction body works says since he shares a shed with erin lol. there really your only 2 options by the sound of it. and if you were to fix the roof it would definatly but structualy weeker so you would probly wanna have some sort of weld in cage going on as well. but yah just my 2 cents

Lameah
1st February 2009, 12:03 AM
yeah checked out a 180 shell today, slydar mentioned perfection body works too but i'm leaning away from fixing the shell i've got simply because the cost is prohibitive and it wont be of equal strength/as safe. Its good to get a bunch of opinions though. Who here knows how to swap an sr+box in 48 hours?

Clinton
1st February 2009, 01:12 AM
c&m performance have secks with sr20

Lameah
1st February 2009, 09:44 AM
yeah but can they form a lasting relationship with the SR after they've screwed it? i aint looking for a one night stand

Clinton
1st February 2009, 11:00 AM
yes..

FAST EDDIE
1st February 2009, 02:05 PM
depends on the rest of the car whether you would bother to fix it. if its a manual sr turbo car, with some decent parts. and its an otherwise nice car then yeah, maybe you could/would fix it.

there are wrecked silvias at a lot of normal wreckers now. dont know what theyde charge for a turret.

are the a pillars and "drip rails" still lined up with the doors?

youre looking at a few thouy for sure... you could maybe pull the interior ect yourself to reduce the costs..

depends how dodgy youre willing to do it.. i mean even i could fix it.. but id i did.. it wouldnt be the car it once was. thing is like even the window seals for the 1/4 windows ect cost fucking heaps on an s13.. it can add up fast. you can get around things like that, but it wont be done right.. still can be safe but..

roof chop it just ask jack monkhouse who did it int his shed on his 180 that was rolled.

s13 quater windows have a captive seal: is part ofthe window rear and front glass seals can be replaced by after market ones 20 bucks each not that bad guys wed do that at work easy!!

as for strength wouldnt know till you crashed it again but if done properly would be fine, we do alot bigger jobs on much newer cars that that!

Lameah
1st February 2009, 02:35 PM
got a roof lined up and its stripped now, but i just cant afford to pay some shop megabux to do it even if it does look legit afterwards

ae86
1st February 2009, 02:39 PM
i cant c the pic but if its that bad id go with peoples opinions of getting a garage to reshell,
or a bunch of u and ur mates in someones garage doing all nighters transfering the stuff

stylz
1st February 2009, 05:26 PM
thats fair fucked. new shell/car time

wide s13
2nd February 2009, 09:13 PM
ill do the reshell and transfer all your bits for $1000ono i have the space the tools and the time as im not working need cash and i could do it in a week max.
i have attention to detail as you can see by my old silvia.
i striped it right back to bare metal shell and re did all bolts with new ones torched up to factory specs. my panel beater did the paint i didnt lols
silvia roofs are braised on if youve striped the paint off you can see the marks are circled in red so maybe see if its bent below this line not woh it at all. take some pics and maybe email them to me and ill chat to my panel beater see what he says if you want

Gus Baby
10th February 2009, 09:48 PM
try reversing into wotevr i hit at the same speed...mite straiten her out

Lameah
10th February 2009, 09:53 PM
what?

racsov
11th February 2009, 07:10 PM
seriously though wtf did you hit?

Lameah
11th February 2009, 07:44 PM
doesnt matter now, what matters is that panel beaters hate s13s!

wide s13
12th February 2009, 12:21 PM
no they dont hate s13's it were you have damaged it lols
if you want me to ask my panel beater email more photos

jay70
12th February 2009, 07:51 PM
you didn't try to do this i hope
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/0/6152.jpg

wide s13
13th February 2009, 03:29 PM
thats not a civic! haha thats why it didnt make it lol

Clinton
13th February 2009, 10:37 PM
why are you so hush hush about what/who you hit?

its fair obvisous it was something silly. everyone crashes.

wide s13
13th February 2009, 10:39 PM
thats what i thought.
wants it fixed but wont email me nothing so i cant ask my panel beater.
lock the thread :)
haha

Lameah
14th February 2009, 01:35 AM
its not that i'm embarrassed or anything, i just dont want the person i hit finding me and beating my head in with a rock. and sorry i havent emailed you mate i've been busy i'll send you a pm.

dr1ft-pig
14th February 2009, 03:51 AM
i have a complete onevia for sale in non toyotas forums....

wides13 is interested but if all else falls through theres a complete running s13 for 1k

Clinton
14th February 2009, 10:51 AM
its not that i'm embarrassed or anything, i just dont want the person i hit finding me and beating my head in with a rock. and sorry i havent emailed you mate i've been busy i'll send you a pm.

the person that you hit would be dead if you hit a person. which i dont think you did.

wide s13
14th February 2009, 07:48 PM
theres another onevia on boost. rolling shell $1000

MJ86
3rd March 2009, 02:55 AM
What is the "time of death" for this patient?.

Lameah
3rd March 2009, 02:57 AM
2 weeks ago

lesson learned

nissans are shit

MJ86
3rd March 2009, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear that mate, but hey no car is indestructable, not even the mighty hachiroku.

mrbigport
30th March 2009, 11:33 AM
chop the roof, replace the windscreen, add a cage:- convertible drift pig for the win