PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 slanty 4age YO!

Matty_C
9th May 2010, 07:56 PM
Hey all the names Mat (some may know me from ATEC fitter with dreds) been lurking round here for awile ive got a ke70 slanty front bought it for 100 bux with a rooted motor riped that out fitted a 4age and t40 Redone all suspension, brk parts and wheel bearings ive gota finish rewiring but its all most done.
ive spent close to $5000 so far

specs:
4age big port (rebuilt)
cam grind
slightly bigger injectors
Pod filter
barry grant fpr
2 vl fuel pumps one for lift
1.5L SS surge tank
oil cooler
T40 gbox rebuilt by me
custom ally pod box with down pipe cold air intake:P
custom ally heat shroud
hard piping to the rad
DORI pipes :cool:

theres more but i cbf typing it all down ill let the pics do the talkin lmk what you guys think??

svenmate
9th May 2010, 08:09 PM
Nice looking fuel setup :)

Whats happening with suspension?

Matty_C
9th May 2010, 08:23 PM
Cheers man :D ,not much atm once its on the road ill probly get some coilys. atm im running king springs lows and some monroe gas struts gunna get some rona or sigma arms next time i go to you pull it :P
ohh the car also has a 4puk ceramic push button clutch HD preassure plate

ke_70
9th May 2010, 08:28 PM
is that two swaybars?

Matty_C
9th May 2010, 08:35 PM
yes it is ive hung another underneth the stock one made up some half inch blocks put 2 together with 3 taped holes in each and 2 12mm holes throgh the side of the blocks to hold the sway bars together Nice and stiff now :D

E7 PIG
9th May 2010, 10:08 PM
those sway bars look interesting

jdmke70kid
10th May 2010, 08:57 PM
yer there a bit weird man havent seen anything like that b4 ahhaha nice duude

E7 PIG
10th May 2010, 09:15 PM
where is the extra sway bar held? i wouldnt mind see more photos :)

Matty_C
10th May 2010, 10:56 PM
Hahaha dad said i would have ppl askin about them he said it used to be an old trick they ussed to stiffen the backend up back in the day heres some more pics :D

ke_70
10th May 2010, 11:15 PM
you actually done a really good job on that dude looks legit. not some homer you bodged up when you bored at work

im also an atec fritter
do you go to the lonsdale or ottoway school?

Matty_C
10th May 2010, 11:25 PM
cheers dude i go to ottoway you? im there this week and next actualy
it is legit a legit homer i done at work realy :P

ke_70
10th May 2010, 11:32 PM
im there next week dude hopefully i can have my sussy and wheels on then! will be good to talk corollas with someone instead of the hammer heads with vl turbos lol

haha most of my homers are rushed to get finished before the boss gets back from his meeting:D

im clay btw

E7 PIG
11th May 2010, 09:15 AM
Hahaha dad said i would have ppl askin about them he said it used to be an old trick they ussed to stiffen the backend up back in the day heres some more pics :D

good work . :)

Matty_C
11th May 2010, 11:01 AM
cheers fellas
im actualy typing from atec haha hard days work lol yea will be good to see a e7 in the atec car park lol
me and dad are gunna do some more work on the wiring loom tonite so hopefly we might have the loom and comp in by the weekend :D now im gunna need to go get ma ps lol

marvis
11th May 2010, 11:08 AM
Sway bar setup is oldschool!

Cam cover colors are cool.

stx-16
11th May 2010, 12:19 PM
how much do you want to make me some of them sway bar mounts?

jdmke70kid
12th May 2010, 11:56 AM
look weird man but it looks sweet at the same time :)

Matty_C
13th May 2010, 10:10 AM
stx-16 : ill have to see how much it costs me to make a set ill pm you.
jdmkid : cheers man they do look abit odd but it looks fat at the same time hehe:D

Update: got some more done on the loom last night (small amount) going to you pull it on satdy morning to get some sigma arms. oww and i got some speekers last night aswell 20bux for 2 kevlar cone 5" speekers ill post up some pics satdy one the sigma arms are on should look good then :D

Matty_C
22nd May 2010, 11:18 AM
Update: sigma arms are in and the car looks Phat now:P made some a lock spacer and a spacer to correct the massive toe issues i had after i put the sigma arms in made them from 4140 and i made a dildo shifter aswell. trade school is good for something lol ill put some picys up later today :D

Matty_C
22nd May 2010, 10:20 PM
Pics are up

ke_70
23rd May 2010, 07:22 PM
wheres the dildo yo?

Matty_C
23rd May 2010, 10:11 PM
dildo shifter for you clay lol

ke_70
23rd May 2010, 11:12 PM
that looks shmick as how long 250mm?

R&D Mechanical
23rd May 2010, 11:25 PM
Thats a light saber not a dildo!

Victim
24th May 2010, 04:20 AM
Fuck i like how you're just like, i want it, then just make shit yourself.

I'm envious of your fab skills. So much of my money would have been saved haha.

Keep it up man, enjoying your thread!

Matty_C
24th May 2010, 08:07 PM
cheers fellas
Victim; thanks dude im trying my best to make the car clean and like to make my own bits so if ppl say where did you get that i can say i made it not i bought it
umm its only 130mm long clay i dont want mine shifting for me haha ive got pics of the spacers i made just gota figure out how to get them off my phone

quick question dose anyone know of a place in adelaide that makes steel rims i after 13 or 14x8x114.3 0 offset ??

rolledup
24th May 2010, 08:38 PM
fuel set up is dope, cars looks sick keep it up mate

ke_70
24th May 2010, 08:48 PM
cheers fellas
Victim; thanks dude im trying my best to make the car clean and like to make my own bits so if ppl say where did you get that i can say i made it not i bought it
umm its only 130mm long clay i dont want mine shifting for me haha ive got pics of the spacers i made just gota figure out how to get them off my phone

quick question dose anyone know of a place in adelaide that makes steel rims i after 13 or 14x8x114.3 0 offset ??

fail 220mm ftw! lol

dont go to extencive wheel servies on south road
they're real thick

Matty_C
24th May 2010, 08:54 PM
haha lol
anywhere else apart from extencive wheel services?

Matty_C
25th May 2010, 05:17 PM
called up adelaide wheel and rim works today to get a quote on some rims and the bloke said they where waiting on a shipment of outters they had no 13 or 14 in stock so hes callin me back tomorrow to let me know when they will be here and a price so fingers crossed :D

Matty_C
26th May 2010, 06:26 PM
well adelaide wheel and rim works no longer get 14 or 13 x 8 outers so i called extencive to see how much they wanted and it was gunna be 170 per rim and i had to supply stockys for them to take the cenres from im gunna make sum more calls and see if any one can better that price

joeschmo_57
4th June 2010, 11:21 AM
find a set with a centre that you like on a fail offset. eg, longchamps on a 14x6. then get some outers made up. (this is probably what you were already thinking)

Matty_C
3rd August 2010, 10:56 PM
hey all finaly got a electrician to look at the car were droping it off to his place on satday and hes gunna work out all the elec problems and then it should be all sweet ill get some pics tomoz of the side pipe i made up lol

met svenmate and the boys up at lofty the other night wen i was out with some mates slidin they said i should bump my post lol

Matty_C
16th August 2010, 12:07 PM
well the cars at the electricians now buit hes gone to NZ for a week so ive gota wait :( but hopefuly when he gets back it should almost be done and ready for some sliding hehehe

Matty_C
11th November 2010, 01:41 PM
hey all long awaited update the electrician i had knew nothing about anyting so car still no go injectors arent firing so ill have to study the wiring diag some more have the car booked in to joustech for the 22 so if i cant get it going they will and ill get them to chuck it on the dyno for me aswell get a power fig for the beast also going to look at sum new rims on satdy

ke_70
11th November 2010, 04:34 PM
is it computer issues?
what ecu?

pen15
11th November 2010, 06:00 PM
have you got power to all the points you need it at is the injector earths near the intake manifold screwed down easy to miss that one

ke_70
11th November 2010, 07:12 PM
have you got power to all the points you need it at is the injector earths near the intake manifold screwed down easy to miss that one

+1 i missed that one. pretty sure you said you got that one though.

have you tested them with a test light to see if they're pulsing? or have they just got no power all together?

Matty_C
16th November 2010, 12:26 PM
have power no pulse done some rewiring gonna test it out tonight fingers crossed
its got a ae82(BP) computer

Matty_C
23rd November 2010, 06:00 PM
well the cars a joustech now they are rewiring the car should be done end of next week i hope

Matty_C
3rd December 2010, 03:22 PM
well the guys at joustech have got a new loom and it should be done by next wednesday woop so all i need is a zorst (side pipe not realy street legal haha)
got my P`s aswell so im allmost ready to skiddd as soon as the cars goin ill put sum vids up :D