PDA

View Full Version : Motovert RX50 (Modified!) Only need car licence.

sly1300
11th May 2010, 06:34 PM
ITEM AND CONDITION:

regoed Motovert RX50

brand new just run in yx160 (updated centre case and needle bearings) DHZ crate motor
brand new oko flat slide
brand new Yoshimura muffler
new dc graphics
new ducati style bar end mirrors
new bullet style led indicators

PRICE, PAYMENT METHODS AND TERMS OF SALE:

First offer over 2k gets it. Bargain. Bikes owes me a lot more than that.
Cash on pickup/delivery preferred.
Will send interstate providing buyer organises it all

REASON FOR SELLING:

Really dont want to part with it, but a car ive been hunting for has finally come up for sale and wont hand around long.
Need the $$$ asap.

EXTRA INFO:

Very well maintained bike.
Looks and rides like new.
New engine/carb/exhaust all bought and installed over xmas & new year.
Bike has done just over 600km with this setup.
Still on original tyres.
Bike is currently regoed and insured as is.
all ok to ride on car licence in s.a
been pulled up quite a few times now. no dramas. numbers match.

LOCATION AND CONTACT DETAILS:

Bike is in Adelaide.
Pm me for my details if you're keen on buying

PICTURES:

Go to this thread on miniriders
Heaps of pics

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-classifieds/27744-motovert-rx50-modified.html

Ive poured a fair bit of coin and time in the RX. My loss = Your gain.
Great little bike, good fun cruising into town. Killer down the bay.
Turns heads everywhere you go.
Bike has been my pride and joy and ill be sad to let it go.
Id like it to go to a good home. No takers here it'll end up on eGay
Any questions send me a pm.
Please no tyre kickers/ joyriders.
Just looking for a quick cash sale, no trades.
Happy to send the bike interstate providing buyer organises everything.

Any questions or whatever pm me

Cheers
Dan

moey
12th May 2010, 04:42 AM
think they would let me ride this in melb? only reason im having my doubts is after reading this on the vicroads website, http://vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/SafetyAndRules/RoadRules/Motorbikes.htm

Miniature motorcycles/ monkey bikes
A miniature motorcycle must not be used on public roads, footpaths or nature strips because they do not meet registration standards. Whilst a miniature motorcycle can’t be registered, any person who rides it on a public road without a valid motorcycle licence is committing two offences – driving an unregistered vehicle and driving without a licence.
Miniature motorcycles can be used on private property but there are serious concerns about the safety of many of the models being sold. Consumer Affairs Victoria banned the sale of miniature motorcycles that do not meet safety standards. For information visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria website (http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/) and search for ‘Monkey Bikes’.

sly1300
12th May 2010, 05:16 PM
yep. this would be fine on vic roads. theres quite a few that i know of in nsw and vic already. (on miniriders forum)

the above paragraph is referring to those pocket bikes. those 300 cheap shit pull start 2 stroke chingas.

this is a complied and registered motorcycle. as its regoed as a 50cc is gets classified under scooter category.

however, im not entirely sure what vicroads deal with car licence and scooters is. i do know that here in s.a and in Qld. this is perfectly legal to ride on only a car licence.

id double check with your local rego office what the go is with 50cc scooters is... id imagine the laws there would be similar?

4agejet
12th May 2010, 05:18 PM
wait, is this a 50cc'd engine?
anything under 125 in vic can't be regoed therefore making it illegal to ride on street moey.

sly1300
12th May 2010, 05:20 PM
actually after a quick search, apparently you do need a bike licence in the eastern states to ride any form of 2 wheeler, regardless of engine size.
bummer.

So S.A and Qld buyers.. car licence only
The rest... need a bike licence

moey
13th May 2010, 05:47 AM
shivers, alright, thanks for the info folks!

ke_70
13th May 2010, 09:46 AM
how quick can it go?

sly1300
13th May 2010, 05:41 PM
how quick can it go?

its seen $1.20 a few times. :) had a little more to go to. chickened out.

realistically, its geared for more city speeds. 60-90kmh. thats where its its happiest (ie not screaming its head off!)

very punchy thru the gears. will happily lift the front thru 1st 2nd and 3rd. havent been game enough to clutch kick & haul on the bars in 4th

ive taken it to work a couple of times via gorge road. rediculous amount of fun.
wont keep up with GSXR's and Ninja's but yes it will wheelie, yes you can back it in, and yes it will spin it up exiting a tight corner if you want it to.

its happy to putt amongst traffic. rundle/hindley runs are a laugh. loves the bay on a nice warm night.
or its happy to be a bit yobbo and go for a hoon thru some tight windies.

come have a look, go for a squirt. when u get back im certain you'll be handing me $$$ and demanding the keys :P

dont really wanna sell it. but g/f is on my case (she HATES bikes) and ive come across a cheap daily that i need for work. need the coin otherwise im more than happy to keep it in my shed.

/end rant :)

Corona w/ Lemon
14th May 2010, 08:08 PM
That thing is so fu(king sick. If i knew how to ride motos properly id be buying that beast asap and using it as a daily :p

sly1300
15th May 2010, 05:58 PM
That thing is so fu(king sick. If i knew how to ride motos properly id be buying that beast asap and using it as a daily :p

dude. its a perfect cheap daily. $2.50 to fill the tank on 98. and its gets just under 100km per tank.
rego is dirt cheap too. $50 for 3 months. couldnt find a cheaper daily

you do realise its a small bike dont ya. they're only 12 inch wheels.
its like a bmx. but with grunt, and grip, and brakes :)
its a piece of piss to ride. easy as. much easier than a scooter where you're balance is all out coz ur knees are in front.
coupla laps around the block and you'll have the hang of it no probs.
even my dad has done a few hot laps round the block on it. lol

Corona w/ Lemon
16th May 2010, 02:52 PM
What are the gears (4 up, 1 down, etc)? If its still around next weekend ill come have a look at it.

Corona w/ Lemon
16th May 2010, 08:58 PM
I have just been doing abit of research on the net about these and it says these are autos? if this is the case, itll be a piece of piss to ride and no dramas as thats where i usually fu(k up with motos.
Im definitely keen on this thing if thats the case.

sly1300
17th May 2010, 10:39 AM
I have just been doing abit of research on the net about these and it says these are autos? if this is the case, itll be a piece of piss to ride and no dramas as thats where i usually fu(k up with motos.
Im definitely keen on this thing if thats the case.

this isnt a step-thru. this is a brand new gpx160 engine. :)
its manual clutch 4 speed. all up.
very easy. no 1up 3 down bullshit.

flick your toe up to go thru gears, tap foot down to go back down gears.

but i do still have the original engine here that could go back in. thats got the clutchless step thru 3 speed

sly1300
19th May 2010, 10:40 PM
deposit taken.
pickup next week.
new owner will be very happy.

4agejet
22nd May 2010, 05:21 PM
this isnt a step-thru. this is a brand new gpx160 engine. :)
its manual clutch 4 speed. all up.
very easy. no 1up 3 down bullshit.

flick your toe up to go thru gears, tap foot down to go back down gears.

but i do still have the original engine here that could go back in. thats got the clutchless step thru 3 speed

dude if nuetral is between 1st and 2nd than its 1 down 3 up. 1 down indicating to get to 1 you go down (from neutral) and from 2nd,3rd,4th (3 gears) you go up from neutral (totalling 4 gears)

sly1300
27th May 2010, 08:22 PM
and sold. :)

New owner has good intentions for it. Hope he enjoys it :)
S.A boys keep an eye out for a vert RX crew soon.

kthxbye.