PDA

View Full Version : HELP WADDLES please :)

Waddles
19th May 2010, 09:15 PM
hey guys

on tuesday i became very annoyed. i was just minding my own business heading home from work, when i was nearly home a policeman was follwing me and i was pulled over and i got me a yellow sticker, they were not very nice policemen. a few things can be fixed easy enough, they even did me for bubbles in the rear tint. what tha???

but i have some oil leaks that need attention, is there anyone who anyone recommends in perth?would kyp do it? or does anyone else wanna do it for me, i will pay them ofcourse. i know it not a easy or clean job, i not sure where the leaks are, but if they are easy enough todo and is not a hard job too do, please help me.

the engine is jdm 4age 16v :)

thanks

wade aka WADDLES

jmorley
19th May 2010, 09:41 PM
just degrease the sh?t out of it n wipe the leaks around the corner of the licensing centre :)

Waddles
19th May 2010, 09:47 PM
yeah i was going to do that. just worried about failing, cheers mate

Todd
19th May 2010, 09:53 PM
if you fail it would only cost you 40 bucks or however much the inspection is these days.
if you want the work done speak to ken and infinite auto (sponsor on here)
his dad kin knows his way around 86's like the back of his hand. located near kwinana sort of area.

Beserker99
19th May 2010, 10:20 PM
I too would also recommend Kin @ Infinite Auto Sport.

He's helped me fix my cars a few times now. Same goes with Ben @ KYP, he also does good work, but is always booked out for months at a time.

Also have a looksie at the engine yaself, and see i you can find out where the oil may be coming from. It could be a simple home fix.

Edit: From memory, the inspection fee is like $80 for the first inspection. Failing that I think its like $40 or so for each following inspection like Todd said.

tauhu86
19th May 2010, 10:20 PM
best way is to degrease the thing first. you'll be able to see where the leaks come from.
if they come from the cam cover or distributor or just the pan then it wont be hard to fix.

84coupe
19th May 2010, 11:17 PM
kin at infinite FTW!

did all my seals a while back.

really good job

plus like toddy said he knows 86s

trueno
20th May 2010, 12:01 AM
from memory its $80 bucks for first time inspection and then every inspection after it is like $50 something. but u will never past first go. so just try to make your car stock as and legal as possible. good luck.

Beserker99
20th May 2010, 12:29 AM
from memory its $80 bucks for first time inspection and then every inspection after it is like $50 something. but u will never past first go. so just try to make your car stock as and legal as possible. good luck.

Hahaha, all of my cars passed first go...apart from my Supra LOL

trueno
20th May 2010, 12:31 AM
also make sure u check your brake hose line. if there is any crack on them, they wont give you a extension and wont even let you drive it.

trueno
20th May 2010, 12:37 AM
Hahaha, all of my cars passed first go...apart from my Supra LOL

wow man i never heard of anyone pasing first go. you must be very lucky pirom

Todd
20th May 2010, 01:31 AM
wow man i never heard of anyone pasing first go. you must be very lucky pirom
it's only because he bribed them with his lady lumps

Nikkojoe
20th May 2010, 02:00 AM
I passed first go about 6years ago now. Make sure the car is well presented, clean and relatively stock looking. Degrease everything, make sure no loose ends and use some nice tyre shine.

Having car in patchy paint doesn't help though..... First impression is everything :)

trueno
20th May 2010, 06:20 PM
it's only because he bribed them with his lady lumps
lol that must be why.

Dazzla86
21st May 2010, 12:27 AM
give it a go man! dont go to welshpool their gay! i have found myaree to be pretty good. also heard armadale are also not too bad. wipe up those leaks, let the tires down to 18psi if you got stiff suspension, steel wool up the exhaust, make sure all your lights horn indicators work and it should all be good. get your sister to take it over :-)

H8CHIR6KU
21st May 2010, 07:19 PM
also you can come see me or damien at darryl croxon auto repairs at gull station in yokine. 94444504. you know where we are anywayz waddles

oil seals are f all on a 4age and can do all seals in less than a day. we have a lot of customers that need to go over the pits and also we put alot of cars ourselves over the pits.

you will find that most mechanics would just recommend washing it down first before you fix the oil leak anyway, esp if there is oil everywhere.

also i would recommend the pits in ozzie park

Waddles
21st May 2010, 07:34 PM
cheers guys for your help :) hopefully goes well

Waddles
21st May 2010, 07:37 PM
also you can come see me or damien at darryl croxon auto repairs at gull station in yokine. 94444504. you know where we are anywayz waddles

oil seals are f all on a 4age and can do all seals in less than a day. we have a lot of customers that need to go over the pits and also we put alot of cars ourselves over the pits.

you will find that most mechanics would just recommend washing it down first before you fix the oil leak anyway, esp if there is oil everywhere.

also i would recommend the pits in ozzie park

No worries mate i'll be in contact over weekend if thats cool. i was goin to contact ya actually just been busy

Nikkojoe
22nd May 2010, 01:36 AM
Yeah a 4a is easy to do. It took me 1hour to do a timing belt and change all the front seals compaired with my 3hours on the ca18 :)

H8CHIR6KU
22nd May 2010, 12:33 PM
No worries mate i'll be in contact over weekend if thats cool. i was goin to contact ya actually just been busy

im in japan atm and i wont be back until the 1st but feel free to speak to damien. he will be more than happy to do it

Waddles
22nd May 2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah a 4a is easy to do. It took me 1hour to do a timing belt and change all the front seals compaired with my 3hours on the ca18 :)

i happy its easy, it makes me feel better about the car being fixed, its the only thing letting it down at moment.

Waddles
22nd May 2010, 08:27 PM
im in japan atm and i wont be back until the 1st but feel free to speak to damien. he will be more than happy to do it

cool mate, yeah i thought you were not in town as i seen you comment on the spotted thread about japan, i will call them monday morning then to see what they can do. thanks mate.

jmorley
31st May 2010, 08:44 PM
how did you end up going with this

Waddles
31st May 2010, 10:24 PM
got car degreased by mechanic, to find leaks, not as bad as thought mainly just build up of crap, but will sort out very soon in getting all seals done, and fixed the things that police picked me for, Car went over pits and failed, was not happy i got there in the early afternoon and they said i may not get looked at, so i lined up and i was last to leave, and they found more things wrong as they checked over whole car.
So i got some things to do i booked in where H8CHIR6KU works to get car sorted, some minor and a few serious things for which if i dont fix i can get taken off the road.
oh well, whatcha ya gonna do....
they pick the shit out of the car, they pissed me off by writing down, no plastic handle on drivers recline handle??? bull shit mate, i seriously think he has never seen a AE86 before, it was not a good day, but things are happening so all should be good very soon, a got a few weeks to go over again :)