PDA

View Full Version : powder coating wheels, where to?

keto
29th January 2009, 06:12 PM
hey all, anyone had any experiences getting wheels powder coated in Adelaide? any good places, prices/quality? i'm looking at getting the whole face of the wheel done, dish and center. there only 13s so there not overly huge.

cheers

addikt
29th January 2009, 06:39 PM
theres a place on grand junction road right up the end on the east side,not sure what they are like i just drive past the joint sometimes

crackett
29th January 2009, 07:00 PM
South Road there are two places I believe.

keto
29th January 2009, 07:05 PM
i know of 1 off of south road, though they lost my mates volk center... some neeesssan wheel or something... but still.

benzo
29th January 2009, 07:09 PM
also would like to know

need my 12s powdercoated lol

Cheers, Ben.

Joel-AE86
29th January 2009, 07:28 PM
Lonsdale Powder Coaters.

I've had a bunch of stuff done there years ago. They have so many colours and a big oven. Good stuff.

Chairs with flares
2nd February 2009, 12:07 AM
Just a thought...

Mask off where the wheel pieces mate before powder/paint, since sometimes tollerances will be too tight with that extra coating to make reassembly difficult. Wisdom from a friend who plays with/collects old BBS wheels.

Oh, and make sure you post up the results.

JamieB
2nd February 2009, 01:19 PM
Has any one got any ideas on price??

keto
2nd February 2009, 02:10 PM
my wheels are a 1 piece, so no need to mask anything off as i'm getting the whole wheel done.

need to do a ring around this we

advan86
2nd February 2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah i was a powder coater for a few years use to paint the wheels for denzo and all the candy cam covers and junk,Abbinett powder coaters on Beafield rd Para Hills use to be good.Try ARTMETAL at holden hill next door to adelaide jap on Jacobsen cres,Just tell em travo sent you there one of the best in adelaide ide say,I done pretty much everything under my car i could.Wheels from memory just for the center part you'd be looking at say 25$ to 30$ a wheel with sandblasting if you tape all the dish up Depending on the colour,Take my advice..Doubble up on the masking tape even tripple up the more the better and its easier to remove thicker tape than thin stuff and make shure you put clear over any silver based powder as it fades real quick in the sun and goes brittle looking other colours are fine,Hope this helps ya mate

Tally
2nd February 2009, 08:40 PM
I know blackrolla80 on rollaclub does powder coating he told me he would de my 12" stockies for 10 bucks a wheel in any of the easy colours...

Might wanna get in contact with him???

keto
3rd February 2009, 12:43 PM
I know blackrolla80 on rollaclub does powder coating he told me he would de my 12" stockies for 10 bucks a wheel in any of the easy colours...

Might wanna get in contact with him???

blackrolla80 doesn't exist on rollalclub. could you find out who it was and pm me thanks :)

benzo
3rd February 2009, 01:03 PM
Dudes name is now greenmac80 I think.

never actually thought about him, but yeh he could probably do it pretty cheap.

Cheers, Ben.

Kid Karola
5th February 2009, 02:33 AM
I had some done years ago at Steve Wickes (Gepps X on Main North Road next to The Pines)