PDA

View Full Version : wagon love

declan
26th May 2010, 01:17 PM
thought i'd post up a rides thread given my car is becoming (semi)decent.

1981 KE70 Toyotal Corolla Wagon
172 XXXkms.

-Engine
shitty 4K.

-Geabox
four gears of FUN

-Suspension

-front
AJPS 7KG Coilovers
ADM AE86 Brakes
XT130 LCA
AJPS RCA
thicker than standard swaybar (dunno what it is/what it's from but it's bigger!)
superpro bushes throughout everything

-rear
stock leaf springs. lol.

-Interior
flower dildo shifter
tsurikawa

-Wheels
14x7 SSR XR4 on the front.
stockies on the rear.

so it's not too interesting at the moment, however!
i have put a deposit down on a JDM 16v 4AGE, and i've already bought a JDM T50, t18 diff and an ae71 pedalbox.

-Plans
motor freshen up (new gaskets and rings)
delrin shifter bushing,
new extension house seal
replace clutch
weld mounts on the diff to suit leaf springs
drop it all in and drive.

don't have many photos, but i'll post what i've got

http://i41.tinypic.com/10gxpop.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/11c8mmc.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/eq5kk0.jpg

let me know what you think,

also any suggestions on what fuel pump to use would be awesome

benno93
26th May 2010, 10:15 PM
nice.
what do you have planned for rear suspension?

declan
26th May 2010, 10:39 PM
thinking about just getting the leafs reset and stiffened with extra leafs,
and just getting some KYB shocks, a swaybar, an adjustable panhard rod, as long as it's nice and stiff, i'm not too fussed. it's a bit boatish at the moment haha.

squish_m8
27th May 2010, 01:25 AM
First step with rear suspension in these, after having 3 of these wagons so far is to flip the the leaves and chuck some short strokes in. It makes a fair difference over stock but its still dailyable...cheap upgrade anddoesn't take long either. only me took me 1 and 1/2 hours for both sides by myself

then you'd go reset leaves and swaybar if you have the cash...

And I don't see why would you'd need "an adjustable panhard rod"?

ke70 xx
27th May 2010, 03:10 AM
Ive got a vl external fuel pump and surge tank setup running my 4age. works nicely and havent had any problems with it in nearly a year. Id suggest that. Picked one up for about 50 bucks from a commodore wreckers.

declan
27th May 2010, 11:25 AM
First step with rear suspension in these, after having 3 of these wagons so far is to flip the the leaves and chuck some short strokes in. It makes a fair difference over stock but its still dailyable...cheap upgrade anddoesn't take long either. only me took me 1 and 1/2 hours for both sides by myself

then you'd go reset leaves and swaybar if you have the cash...

And I don't see why would you'd need "an adjustable panhard rod"?

heard lots of bad stories about flipped leaves so i'm a bit cautious, i like the saying 'do it once do it right' but if cash starts running out then i'll probably do it haha

the panhard rod realigns the diff after you lower the backend of your car, which will be necessary (especially if i decide to flip leaves)
and acts like a little bit of bracing too so it stops some swaying

Ive got a vl external fuel pump and surge tank setup running my 4age. works nicely and havent had any problems with it in nearly a year. Id suggest that. Picked one up for about 50 bucks from a commodore wreckers.

too easy, and where did you mount it?
also did you do your 4age conversion yourself?

Eddy
27th May 2010, 06:58 PM
its not a 4 link rear end so when you lowwer it it dosnt realy come out of alignment, but because of the leaves you get some side to side movement and the diff will never be center, so im also putting a panard rod in mine to align the wheels with the front better make the wheels sit even and a bit of braceing

-elliot-
27th May 2010, 10:00 PM
diff will be out this weekend and i will give you the panard rod aswell so if you get someone to fab up a mount on the chassis then you will be able to run it.
catch ya

declan
27th May 2010, 10:56 PM
its not a 4 link rear end so when you lowwer it it dosnt realy come out of alignment, but because of the leaves you get some side to side movement and the diff will never be center, so im also putting a panard rod in mine to align the wheels with the front better make the wheels sit even and a bit of braceing

yeah, more than anything i just see it as extra stiffness

diff will be out this weekend and i will give you the panard rod aswell so if you get someone to fab up a mount on the chassis then you will be able to run it.
catch ya

too easy dude, cheers.
you free sunday for me to come pick it up?

matt99
27th May 2010, 11:53 PM
Have fun with a panhard. Not much room in there.

Sprinter swaybar with sprinter mounts will work with some drilling.

declan
30th June 2010, 01:45 AM
so i bought some stuff.

http://i46.tinypic.com/35b8g04.jpg

JDM bigport from a ridiculously perfect trueno.
JDM T50.
AE71 pedalbox.
T18 diff.

however, elliot's ke70 has come up for sale which is the ke70 that i'd build if i had the funds.
so i'm thinking about selling all this off, as well as the wagon and buying his car.

suggestions?