PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome (browser)

sun_moon
27th May 2010, 10:50 AM
what does everyone think of google chrome ?

my IE8 was causing lot of problems so i thought i would delete it, so i downloaded google chrome, i was prepared to delete IE8, then i saw that Google Chrome (i dont know how to say this word, sorry) "take over" IE8 ? and becomes it ? (sorry i have no idea how to say it)

so who uses google chrome ? and what do you think of it ?

imho, its a nice light browser, but i prefere IE8 in a lot of ways, although im gonna give it a go.

ke70dave
27th May 2010, 01:52 PM
yer i used it for a while. when my firefox was playing up.

i like how the address bar is also the search thing for google, so if you just punch in some words it google searches for it.

but i formatted my PC, and installed the latest firefox, and never went back to chrome...

mozilla firefox + no script + addblockplus = happy internet browsing.

driftke70
27th May 2010, 11:05 PM
yeah i had a short fling, but like dave said, firefox + no script and adblock plus, maybe personas and your set.

letsgohunting
2nd June 2010, 04:59 PM
firefox is better imo, once you set it up nice. It's a bit bloated straight from download. IE is the dregs of browsers.

4agejet
4th June 2010, 05:53 PM
Chrome, the fastest, easiest, goofiest browser out.
Firefox the most reputated, safest and loved out.
IE the most fail browser out.
I used firefox from 2006 till early 2010, installed chrome and never went back to firefox.
I have all 3 lined out now on my windows 7 on the task bar (quick launch) and i clicked IE, Firefox, Chrome. Chrome loaded up 1st even though it was clicked last, the other two took over 5 seconds to load. The choice is yours however i recommend chrome for simplicity and speed.
Firefox is known to be the safest but i think the others are just as safe if you know what your doing.

driftke70
4th June 2010, 06:48 PM
they are all safe if you know what you are doing,

i used firefox as i cant fault it, its given me years of trouble free service.

one thing to remember is that if IE was good, the others wouldn't exist.
ie 8 is a significant improvement over the others, but too little too late.

tried safari on pc and it wasnt my cup of tea, on a mac it intertwines with everything better.

chrome, again too late for me, i just couldnt be bothered trying to get used to it and stuff, i used it for a bit but see now benifits in using it.
also the whole google thing has bit of a machine going lately and i dont like it. its moved away from its initial design structure to a money hungry monster.

letsgohunting
5th June 2010, 02:50 AM
tried safari on pc and it wasnt my cup of tea, on a mac it intertwines with everything better.

I'd agree with this, safari is average on our toshiba laptop, but the nicest browser on our imacs.

Chaos Theory
5th June 2010, 06:29 AM
yeah that's true, safari is fairly craptastic on pc. its all bout firefox with No script and ad block.

on mac safari cant be beat.

thu187
20th June 2010, 12:28 AM
Chrome is MUCH faster. The difference is so notable.
Firefox is second and stay away from IE.

Since I've switched to chrome I've never looked back. I just have my passwords saved in firefox in case I ever forget them and use it as a backup if some sites (very rare) aren't good with chrome. Chrome rocks :D