PDA

View Full Version : National RC Drift website

Intense
28th May 2010, 01:36 AM
Sup guys. I pretty much got out of r/c cars just as the drift craze was starting way back in 99 or there abouts, before yokomo came along and tt01's were common place.

Anyway I've started a job recently working at http://www.rcgarage.com/ as their web master / graphic designer etc. So naturally I'm gonna get back into the scene and right now I'm tossing up between a HPI RS4 Drift or just an electric one along the lines of tt01 or e10, something entry level. Not really got any interest in competing or anything like that.

So at my new job I've been working on their website fixing it up from the heap it was before and we've still got a long way to go. Also doing a few other sites that they have and one of the sites they want me to do, the next project, is a national rc drift website. The site will cover all r/c drift related material from all over aus and we'll have an attached forum as well. Now like I said, I got out of r/c cars and jumped on the 1:1 scale thing so I'd say I'm pretty out of touch with what the r/c drift community would like to have on a site which is why I'm asking you guys what sorta things you'd like to see on this site, what sort of features, etc. We'll probably be holding a multi round series with prizes on offer in the future and a few of the guys in the shop are already pretty into the Melbourne scene. So what sorta stuff do you guys want to see?

TLDR: Work at rc garage, they want me to build a national r/c drift site, what do you want on it?

i2obert
7th June 2010, 11:29 PM
RC garage is shit
they wrecked the RC drift sceen

when i was talking to the guys from DA i sorted it all out had rules writen up everyone from QLD SYD and MELB down for it then RCgarage had a bum chum in DA and well the whole event turned to shit same with the melb drift series acouple of the RC garage guys took over from me and well there is no more rc drift series in melb due to it all

plus the guys in there dont have a clue about RC drifting they are a off road shop not a drift shop

slydar
10th June 2010, 04:02 PM
ouch.

tbh. national site might just be pointless. it doesnt work for 86's.

whatd id like to see is a lot of tech write ups about set up and what does and doesnt work and what effects it has on the cars handling etc.

and a lot of japanese content.

p.s the fact youre considering nitro, or a TT01 or E10 does worry me that the bloke above might be telling the whole truth your advise from that shop/your info is not up to speed just yet, do a little more research :)

if you work for a store, you should get wholesale. the TT is sorta ok, but you will end up buying something else. if you get a TT make sure you get an R version, the rest are rubbish and make no sense for anyone really, youll end up spending more than what a TA05 or TB03 costs to get it up to even R spec, and it wont be nearly as good, and doesnt have the potential to be ever, no matter how much you spend. if youre ok with the idea of potentially ending up buying something else then maybe go with it :)

E10s are rubbish, maybe they work as good as a TT, maybe better, i doubt that, though i havent driven one. but take a look at one, its barely better than a toy. nitro just simply isnt RC drift. EP is the go, full stop. put it this way, some people convert GP cars to brushless EP, no one converts EP to GP. im talking other forms of rc cars. not drift.

that seems harsh and critical. but, thats my honest opinion, and im pretty into it right now. i'd love for the site to be a good thing. it

Intense
11th June 2010, 02:19 AM
Nothing wrong with some constructive criticism. I only wanted an r/c drifter for a bit of fun so I wasn't too fussed about performance or winning battles and stuff. But I do know what car I'll be getting. After a Kyosho TF-5, just gonna have to wait a bit till the new financial year starts.
I'm just gathering info on what people would want to see on this site at the moment, got a few other things I have to get out of the way first but good content and tech articles is definitely a priority on my list.

Intense
30th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Ok started building this thing and it's coming along nicely.

Going to try pull some strings and see if we can get a competition going to coincide with the launch of this new site, if all goes well I can probably get some prizes on offer as well. I'm aiming to get series going in Melbourne with a points ladder on the site. At the moment it seems like the Melbourne drift scene is a bit scattered, so here's hoping to bring everyone back to one place again after rcd1 exploded.

dustyae86
5th July 2010, 09:28 PM
sounds good aaron, I will let mikey know if he hasn't heard anything about it, not sure if you were there when he had the blue r34 out but that is a tt-01 and that thing is pretty good, apaprently only owes him $250 or something set up

Intense
6th July 2010, 11:52 PM
Yeah Mikey was there and I met a few other guys. Might be heading down this Friday provided I don't blow up my battery by then.

The sites coming along pretty good now, I'm in the process of getting every track in Australia on it and with the backing of my work, hopefully we'll be able to start holding events soon too. I've already got the go ahead and we'll be holding a competition to help launch the site so that's definitely going to be fun.

Still got a fair bit of work ahead of me though. Need to get a few more guides up and featured cars as well as sort the forum out and style it + set it all up properly.

HIZOKU
25th August 2010, 08:10 PM
I use to run RCD1 was good till i handed over ownership and access due to polatics to new owners and them and RC garage killed it

everyone uses melbrc now for RC drifting in melb hook up with them you want to start a comp look at RC shops who know about drifting and are wanting to help the sport EG trackside and boxhill not at people who dont have a clue and are over priced

sydneyRCdrifters is prob the best national site i belive good guys on there :D