PDA

View Full Version : helppp

bones
2nd June 2010, 06:54 PM
hey guys I'm going to buy a sprinter and I want to use it for street and track what would I need to make it slide good? it has 4age, coilovers and that's all

stx-16
2nd June 2010, 07:35 PM
you'll be fine with that for a while

slide86
2nd June 2010, 07:47 PM
an LSD

Rice86
3rd June 2010, 02:48 PM
hey guys I'm going to buy a sprinter and I want to use it for street and track what would I need to make it slide good? it has 4age, coilovers and that's all

EDIT

"Hi guys i want to be different and drift an ae86 cause drift king did it...my plan is to buy it and show it off to my mates and wrapped it around the first street pole i can find, please help me pull the hand brake"

anyways

if thats all its got then im assuming everything else is stock
lock the S series unless you can source out a T and LSD
maybe get a bit more lock to help stop with the spin out..
run good condition tyres up front and shitters on rears
practice, practice, pratice....just dont do dumb shit like ive mention above and wrap a beloved AE86 around a pole...they are rare as it comes already

marvis
3rd June 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed heaps?

bones
3rd June 2010, 03:09 PM
i dont plan on doing dumb shit i just wana know what i should do to mod it better for drift ?

Rice86
3rd June 2010, 04:03 PM
lock the center and your sweet then =]

sundee
3rd June 2010, 04:29 PM
Rice u scum bag leave the boy alone :D:D gotta b time for pizza n bends again soon..

anyway you will struggle if the diff is open center, if u have money buy an lsd, if not weld it up.

thats serioulsly all u need to get into it.

once u notice u might need something... thats when its time to change other parts

pen15
3rd June 2010, 07:33 PM
firstly what do you mean by slide good i was given some advice on my car and setup it was find a car here on ae86 dc that slides "good" and then copy the setup then you know it will slide good because you have seen it first hand if your going to copy an ae86 then look at robo"s rig

here some examples

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?464-blairs-shitter blairs car

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?262-80-s-Coupe robos car

this helped me as i coppied ae71neo and i guess i can slide alright now another car would be bams_keto on here but he has a 4agze no matter you will be able to slide what you have but steering lock and a locker/lsd is a must have no matter what

power steering arms and an ajps lock spacer
welder

that should be your shpooing list for the moment but those things will last you a long time next is more power i hope this helped/helpes you

bones
3rd June 2010, 09:08 PM
alright guys thanks for the advice

Konakid
3rd June 2010, 11:02 PM
lsd or locker
bucket seat
hd clutch
good front tyres
alignment
rear swaybar
poly bushes everywhere

Robo86
3rd June 2010, 11:08 PM
yer as above hey, but remember no mod is better than practice! :)

blair
4th June 2010, 01:16 AM
an LSD

i'm so sick of this comment. unless you're being a homo and referring to a "locked standard diff"...

many many things should come as a higher priority than an lsd!

Seriously
Drive the car, slide it alot, and figure out what part of the car is holding you back.
Imrpove/Upgrade aformentioned part, and repeat.

Rice86
4th June 2010, 10:20 AM
i'm so sick of this comment. unless you're being a homo and referring to a "locked standard diff"...

many many things should come as a higher priority than an lsd!

Seriously
Drive the car, slide it alot, and figure out what part of the car is holding you back.
Imrpove/Upgrade aformentioned part, and repeat.

my man =]...lock it and spend money on other stuff to compliment your drifting skills

bones
20th June 2010, 08:40 PM
yeah i got my car now and tryed sliding it and its fair hard with this diff.. how long do you think a welded diff will last if i was going to lock it up and how bad is it for daily driving ?

ae86
21st June 2010, 01:32 PM
sucks for daily driving, i doubt its the diff that makes it hard to slide, maybe up ur rear tyre pressure, enter a little harder throw the wheel more.

bones
22nd June 2010, 11:17 AM
ok mate thanks i will try