PDA

View Full Version : Posting Cigarettes within Aus

muncher
7th June 2010, 08:53 PM
Hey Guys n Girls,

I've got these Japanese Cigarettes and was looking at selling them, as I don't smoke.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's legal or illegal to post cigarettes within Aus?

I'd amuse it wouldn't be illegal but local customs might have something to say about it.. any one had any experience with this?

Cheers

sly1300
7th June 2010, 09:36 PM
its illegal.

so you must give all of them to me. :P
unless they are ghey menthols

nah, should be fine to post dude. you only get in trouble bringing in like 200+ cigarettes into the country.
cant get in trouble for posting them aus wide.

maybe eGay
or maybe post some pics so the jdm lovers will fight over them. instant cred taking photos of your dish with genuine JDM cig packets in your rims. lol

what u got and how much you want? you know im down with the cancersticks yo

lawrencelalot
8th June 2010, 10:17 PM
Put me in for a packet.

Chaos Theory
9th June 2010, 01:10 AM
back when my old man smoked he would get 2 cartons of khrong thips sent over over from thailand at a time so i doubt there would be a problem with domestic postage.

Jayman
9th June 2010, 07:19 AM
I think you will find it is illegal somethin about government taxes...

sun_moon
10th June 2010, 12:44 AM
as far as i know, its ok to send them WITHIN australia. to post them from sydney to cairns for example, as they are already in australia there isnt so much worry about taxes etc.

something i am wondering tho is it ok to post a couple of packs from japan to australia... reason i ask is i want to send some cigis back to aus to my gfs cousin.

like for example, if i sent like 3 packs of cigi per package like once per month etc. from tokyo to Smelbourne

genkin
10th June 2010, 08:50 PM
It is NOT illegal to post them domestically. However if you are posting them into Australia, then that's a different story (Still not illegal however, just need to be declaired).

Put me down for a pack :)

sun_moon
10th June 2010, 09:16 PM
if you declare the cigis, surely you wouldnt have to pay tax if its like 2 packets with other things like magazines or books etc ? right ?

genkin
10th June 2010, 10:14 PM
if you declare the cigis, surely you wouldnt have to pay tax if its like 2 packets with other things like magazines or books etc ? right ?

Cigarettes are a taxable item when being imported into Australia. The only way around this is to travel with them and declare them as Duty Free (no extra tax), each adult can bring in up to 250 cigarettes duty free per trip.

Sometimes you will get away without paying tax on posted items, sometimes you won't. Customs will regularly open incoming mail and do random checks.

Posting cigarettes within Australia is fine. I believe there is a 3 carton per parcel limit though.

timmeh12
13th June 2010, 01:25 PM
I would be down to try a packet of these cigarettes :)

Zach
14th June 2010, 07:15 PM
still got any?

muncher
15th June 2010, 05:17 PM
Hey guys thanks for your help, appreciate it..

It apparently illegal to sell cigarettes on this site, so unfortunately I can't help any of you :(

Cheers