PDA

View Full Version : Tamworth - Oakburn Park Lap Dash 3rd and 4th of july

stouty
18th June 2010, 02:35 PM
Was wondering if anyone will be going to this event?

Ill be there in my yellow TE72 havnt been to it yet so im keen track looks pretty good.

ae86ln
5th July 2010, 10:58 PM
yer i went. with my mate who had the silver supra. i was goin to say hi but somehow run out of time. it was a good to days, alot of different level of cars. and it would of been a fun track to race on, i thought it was a bit big for a go-cart track. and it should be good when the build a bigger track next to it

stouty
6th July 2010, 09:38 AM
thats ok i know how it gets yeh was good track its oretty tight most the corners tighten which makes it tough have to go extra wide into a lot of corners and have to get the last 3 corners right before the straight. Was my first time there i liked it. Yeh so keen for them to open that will be 9m wide 1.2km long and can have 8 cars at a time on it.

OMG866
6th July 2010, 05:01 PM
might be a silly question but whats the go with those to tracks. from the map it looks like one is getting built and the other is just a go kart track?

my question being are you alowed to have grip or drift days on the either tracks???

cheers

ae86ln
6th July 2010, 10:27 PM
the top left is the track that was used on the weekend the middle one i a dirt track for motos with jumps and stuff and the bottom one a dirt speedway track.

http://www.oakburnpark.com/?page_content=home

OMG866
7th July 2010, 06:14 PM
oh ok i see. i thought that dirt track in the middle was the one getting built. looks awsome. is the kart track wide enough for drifting>>>?

stouty
8th July 2010, 09:50 AM
Im pretty sure they drift there its just as wide as Raeleigh Raceway and they have drift events there all the time its a kart track.

OMG866
8th July 2010, 11:01 AM
cheers for that :)