PDA

View Full Version : 2010 AE86 Festivals in Japan

OnBail
21st June 2010, 01:22 PM
For the serious AE86 fans,

Just going to make a list of festivals that are happening in Japan this year. Usually Summer time is when they all start happening.

Fist announcement made recently is the big meet for AE86.

the HACHIROCK FESTA

Link HachiRock Festa 2010 (http://www.tomeipowered.com/BTE/index.php/2010/06/20/events-hachirock-festa-2010/)

I'll put more up later when I find out.
Or anyone can add on to this is welcomed to.

sun_moon
21st June 2010, 08:53 PM
sweet. im going.

i wouldnt bother if its far away, like kansai etc. (i dont venture out of tokyo and yokohama as im hit hard by the "taihen cloud" LOL)

but this sounds pretty close to home. so im going.
due to tokyos excellent transport, i dont have an ae86. do you have one ?

OnBail
22nd June 2010, 12:25 PM
sweet. im going.

i wouldnt bother if its far away, like kansai etc. (i dont venture out of tokyo and yokohama as im hit hard by the "taihen cloud" LOL)

but this sounds pretty close to home. so im going.
due to tokyos excellent transport, i dont have an ae86. do you have one ?

I hear you.
I have an AE86, a red one. Don't get to drive it much since I usually drive the Honda mostly (on weekends that is). The daily commute is by Train. Like you said, the public transport here is the best. Lots of eye candy on there too these days.

sun_moon
22nd June 2010, 12:34 PM
hmmm.. so to get here (from shinjuku) is take keio line, keio takao then change to chuo line. easy.
seems pretty close to hachiouji even so there is a few different ways.
although for a car its much easier LOL. im guessing you are going to take your car ?

OnBail
22nd June 2010, 12:50 PM
I'll be taking my car up. So far I'm 90% confirmed to go, as long as nothing work related pops up at time then I should be fine.

sun_moon
22nd June 2010, 12:55 PM
alright. im 100% confired to go, unless anything unforeseeable happens.

which part of tokyo are you at ?

OnBail
22nd June 2010, 01:00 PM
I'm in Machida, and you?

sun_moon
22nd June 2010, 01:04 PM
nakano-ku. before then i was in koto-ku.

so this meet is supposed to be pretty big by the sounds of things ?
i never bothered to go to car meets in japan at all, i really CBF, but yeah i will make time for this one/

OnBail
22nd June 2010, 01:14 PM
yes, same here. the past 5 years I CBF to go to this event. but I hear that it is about 300 cars that will turn up. so far over 200 have registered. So I think I should make an effort to take a look at least once.

timmeh12
24th June 2010, 01:25 PM
Just curious to know are these Hachi Roku meet ups held annually? If so are they normally around the same date each year?

plus6four
11th July 2010, 01:28 AM
I will be heading to hachirock as well, driving the 86 up from Shizuoka, be cool to catch up and meet you guys

OnBail
13th July 2010, 05:59 PM
timmeh12: it changes every year, but it's usually around the similar time. Yes so far annually as well.

plus6four : which part of Shizuoka-ken do you live in?

plus6four
19th July 2010, 02:13 AM
plus6four : which part of Shizuoka-ken do you live in?

I live In Fujieda Shi, about 20mins from Shizuoka city

japan86
31st October 2011, 01:01 AM
next time your in okayama send me a pm

i live in okayama and drive a green kouki trueno