PDA

View Full Version : engineering

aaron
30th June 2010, 05:01 PM
hey guys,

Is it possible to get a 4agte engineered in wa? and having said that how about W5X and larger rear ends like f series?

sorry if noob question, just need to make sure wa specific.

cheers

Beserker99
30th June 2010, 09:20 PM
There's a dude over on Toymods (dunno if he's on here "fixeruperer") he's got his 4AGTE engineered and all legal for the streets of Perth.

From memory he's running over 300hps on a W58, and I think either an F series, R31 or modified T series with twin rear caliper setup.

Here's a link to his thread.

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=4610

aaron
1st July 2010, 12:06 PM
cheers phirom, how about other perthians with 4agte? or you guys just don't bother with the legalities...

Stej
1st July 2010, 08:52 PM
Iam Just finishing off a 4agte conversion. I think ill just drive it around till i get caught then get an engineering cert. But yer iam interested to see how you go.

Beserker99
1st July 2010, 09:05 PM
I think most peoples have just done their conversions and drive around till they get caught....but don't take that as a fact, as I don't know everyone's situations these days.

Also try giving Darren a PM, he's got one of these turbo engines you speak of...but I believe he's on holiday atm.

aaron
2nd July 2010, 03:46 PM
ok guys cheers for the imput

Dazzla86
2nd July 2010, 08:58 PM
yeah i actually had a yellow with my configuration before. popped the bonnet at the myaree pits and they were like oh shit... but the old guy looked over just had to fix reverse lights not working the wire had come off the reverse switch, ripped the sticker off and said be good.

i was going to get it engineered but as yet havent been bothered. only thing that wont meet standards on mine is the wolf 3d computer which cant meet emissions as it fires 2 injectors at once. all the rest should be fine, bigger box diff and brakes all round.

yeah fixeruppers car is pretty wild, 340hp atw running a dirty big t4 no crazy body kit pretty inconspicous looking too.

todd no's of a bloke that does engineering in willeton that is pretty reasonable

Dom86
3rd July 2010, 03:25 PM
Yeh I'll be driving my gze conversion til I get a yellow. I would like to get it engineered though.

aaron
3rd July 2010, 04:33 PM
awesome. yeah i will be keen to check out your car in the near future aswell darren if thats ok by you. pick your brains a bit. thanks guys

fixeruperer
8th July 2010, 11:26 PM
hey,
yeh all my shit is engineered, was pretty stoked when it was all legit. Southam engineering in willeton did the paper work ($1000).
engineered for
turbo
haltech
FR coilovers
w58
g series
omp seats
rear battery and surge tank
z32 front brakes and r32 master
jza70 rear brakes/ hand brake
wheels
and probably other stuff but either way, it was all passed. my permits and engineering forms are a book haha.

i had to weigh the car, dyno it (old 200hp dyno, was the lowest one i could find haha), exhaust sniffer test, sound test, brake test and your normal pit inspection.

aaron
9th July 2010, 01:45 PM
fixeruperer,
how much roughly did those tests cost you? did you make up a temporary exhaust to pass?

fixeruperer
10th July 2010, 12:41 AM
the brake and sound test was included in the $1000 (he does it there) and i cant remember how much the sniffer test was, it was under $200 (trade price tho). roadbend in welshpool did it.
the weigh bridge was $11 in welshpool and the dyno is normal dyno price but i had the dyno guy print up an old graph.

yeh, i made some silencers for my tail pipes, it passed by .2db hahah.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~fmj/ssshhhpipe.jpg

thats a pretty old pic, ive got a new bumper now and the cut out fits the pipes and the pipes are straight :hehe: had to give it a lean to clear the diff to stop a rattle untill i made clearance.

AE86 Spoontah
12th July 2010, 12:36 PM
This thread has helped me alot already. Would the process be much different if you're trying to re-register a car with the same stuff as fixeruper as mine is almost the same bar the 340hp bit haha

Todd
12th July 2010, 03:07 PM
yeah southam engineered my gze into ke70 at one point too.
nice guy, fair prices.

nothing beats legit-ness if you have the money.

rymax86
12th July 2010, 04:26 PM
[yeah i actually had a yellow with my configuration before. popped the bonnet at the myaree pits and they were like oh shit... but the old guy looked over just had to fix reverse lights not working the wire had come off the reverse switch, ripped the sticker off and said be good.

i was going to get it engineered but as yet havent been bothered. only thing that wont meet standards on mine is the wolf 3d computer which cant meet emissions as it fires 2 injectors at once. all the rest should be fine, bigger box diff and brakes all round.

yeah fixeruppers car is pretty wild, 340hp atw running a dirty big t4 no crazy body kit pretty inconspicous looking too.

todd no's of a bloke that does engineering in willeton that is pretty reasonable]

Hey man jus wondering wear bouts the myaree pits are, got to take a mates 32 over but not sure which one to go over.

Cheers

Todd
12th July 2010, 08:37 PM
myaree pits are just across from harvey norman on stock road.

bui_ke70
20th July 2010, 10:15 AM
have any one attempt to get an AE86 or KE70 engineered (only it can be done) with a much larger displacement engine than stock (ie 3SGTE or 2RZ) kind of things in WA? if all things are done properly, will it passed?

Dom86
22nd July 2010, 08:19 PM
You could put a 6.7L HSV motor into a 86 if you really want. It just has to be done properly and signed off by an engineer.
What ever your project is, there is a process to do it right.
Step One, after you've got your ideas together, will be to go see an engineer or 3, to see what they will and wont do. Safe Vs Not safe.
If you do step one, you will save a lot of time and money.