PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Drift Day of Drift Aug 28th 2010 @ Tailem Bend

Simon-KE70
30th June 2010, 05:55 PM
RACELINE / STADIUM DRIFT BACK IN SA

"DAY of DRIFT" -- SOUTH AUST-----SAT AUG 28
MOTORSPORTS PARK----TAILEM BEND

Our objective is to establish 3 STADIUM DRIFT catagories in SA along the same lines as Qld, that is a PRO catagory a Level 2 catagory + a "STREET LEGAL" catagory (note i use the term street legal loosely) its really a newbie class/ feeder catagory to give new guys a starting point, some drivers will know which catagory they fit however if need be we can seed them on the day.

The first event will be run on sat Aug 28, gates will open at 9am with the first car due on track at 10am, the format will be battles, tandems, solo & tandem runs for newbies until midday, then we will run some sponsor/passenger laps followed by a (fun) comp for our 3 catagories with trophies for the winners. The day will finish with a 1 hr expression session. Entry forms & posters for this are now being prepared.

The plan for this first event is to give all the drivers a chance to see how we operate as well as get heaps of laps on this new track & also try out a couple of different track layouts.
If all gels at the first event we will run a further 2 full comps at this venue prior to dec.
These comps would be a duplicate of our PRO TOUR events

It looks like STADIUM DRIFT will finally get moving forward in SA after 2 1/2 yrs of frustration with other venues, so its now all positive, all we need for these fun events is the drivers support.

FOR EVENT ENTRIES & INFO PLEASE email racelinepromo@yahoo.com (please send your postal address & mob no.)
RACELINE "STADIUM DRIFT" finally back in SA

HUGE THANKS to Simon, Paul, Hayden, Stewy & the rest of the crew who came out thursday & assisted with a test day to sort out a "STADIUM DRIFT" track layout awesome job guys with some very positive suggestions from a group of well informed drifters, with an entry speed of around 160k & ALL THE ACTION only meters from the crowd i am very confident we will have a venue to rival our best tracks incl Stanthorpe etc.

FINALLY after several mths of working with the management of this new venue we are able to now provide the SA drifters with more info on this action packed form of drifting & start moving forward with planning for the rest of 2010 & sorting out the details for our PRO TOUR "SOUTH EAST" (VIC & SA) for 2011 which will be in addition to our current "PRO TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES" run over tracks in NSW & QLD The plan is then to hold an "ALL STARS" GRAND FINAL which will combine both tours in nov 2011 which would then provide us with an AUST GRAND CHAMPION

The first event will be as per details in the first post & as stated if you are uncertain which catagory to enter our officials will seed you on the day, the aim is to duplicate the tried & proven formula we have established over the past 3 years & have a PRO catagory with 24 cars + a Level 2 catagory with 24 cars & a Street catagory or 16 cars (use the term "street"loosley its for the non sponsored newbies in their street rides, its an entry class)

All the STADIUM DRIFT comps are run on a round robin system, which means you dont get eliminated after 1 bad run, you get 4 battles (8 laps) which are judged with the top 4 points scorers going to a shootout final, the program then moves to a "BIG ENTRY" comp followed to an Expression session & Drift Train

ALL will be explained at the august 28 event, so please save your questions until then, one of our most experienced pro drivers Josh Young will be available at that event to clarify the comp format.

There will be at least 2 further STADIUM DRIFT full comps run at this venue before dec, i will advise the dates as soon as they are confirmed.
ALL INFO RE ENTRIES, CONDITIONDS, LICENCES, SCRUTINEERING ETC will be posted on our websites within the next 5 days.
DRIVERS WISHING TO GO ON OUR MAILING LIST FOR MEMBERSHIP & INFO PLEASE EMAIL TO racelinepromo@yahoo.com with your name, postal address & mob no

www.racelineevents.com
www.stadiumdrift.com (please note this site is undergoing a revamp)

Simon-KE70
30th June 2010, 05:57 PM
and the layout used.

http://vimeo.com/12819241

lords
30th June 2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds good. I'm keen for this.

4agte70
30th June 2010, 07:26 PM
Im keen

Simon-KE70
30th June 2010, 07:52 PM
im looking at you Arch.....

Evocom
30th June 2010, 08:34 PM
I am down for this. Will be a epic day for sure.

R&D Mechanical
30th June 2010, 09:19 PM
i got my form filled out just need to send it, its gonna be a good one!

obey wan boenny
30th June 2010, 10:54 PM
keeeeeeeeen

70wagon
1st July 2010, 05:03 PM
yess got mine filled out to. what class ya going in davey and evo? i was thinking bout going pro....

Arch
1st July 2010, 07:29 PM
im looking at you Arch.....

looks pretty good simmo

cept atm i cant afford to get the car going, let alone enter a comp hahah

R&D Mechanical
5th July 2010, 10:53 PM
we are L2 dude

Simon-KE70
5th July 2010, 11:00 PM
the way it works is this.

if you enter L2 and clean up...they will seed you in pro.

if you enter in pro and get left behind you'll get put into L2

"Street" class is for guys who havent had a huge amount of experience and wanna have a go.... IE Arch if he ever finishes his car hehe.

keep in mind that the next two comps coming up will be for pro and L2 only.

Simon-KE70
7th July 2010, 08:41 AM
STADIUM DRIFT in SA.sat Aug 28th
EVENT INFO UPDATE

HEY GUYS, we have had a huge response from the SA drifters re the drift events we have coming up at Tailem Bend over the next few months, to all who have applied for info the mailouts went today (tuesday)
Please note we have the first event as detailed in this thread on sat aug 28, entries are already coming in & will close when all spots are filled in each catagory

FUTURE EVENTS--- we have penciled dates in oct & nov for PRO TOUR format comps, also working on a practice day in sept (date tba) These events will proceed subject to the support of the august event-- STADIUM DRIFT licence will be required for all events
A full "PRO TOUR SOUTH" calander with rounds in Vic & Sa is planned for 2011

RE SOME OF THE QUESTIONS POSTED ABOVE
1/ RE 18YO RULE, This has been the case with all Raceline events for the past 5 years (stops 17yos entering mums VN)HOWEVER SERIOUS enquiries are welcome & strict conditions apply, please feel free to call me if this applies to you.

2/ RE HOLDING A DRIVERS LICENCE--- IF you have had a licence suspended for loss of points etc, just call me for more info & it can be sorted

3/ RE LICENCING----ALL ENTRANTS MUST HAVE A STADIUM DRIFT LICENCE which also includes membership & allows you to enter any STADIUM DRIFT event in Aust, Raceline is an independent organiser of motor events (CAMS have no involvement)--- STADIUM DRIFT licences are available for 6 or 12 mths

4/ Raceline own & operate STADIUM DRIFT-- we have big interest & investment in the sport of drifting, our rules, regs, formats & all infrastructure has been created by Raceline owners, staff & longtime officials in association with our PRO drivers, STADIUM DRIFT judges are paid staff there to do a job, with NO BIASED OR FAVOR towards any team or driver-- the event director communicates with judges & drivers rep should there be any issues on the day---NOTE RULES ARE NOT BENT FOR ANYONE, its a level playing field where the best man wins.

5/ ALL entrants will be provided with rules & regs once the entry has been received (note tyre rule)

6/ RE REFUND question--- should you enter & have car probs or other issues which prevent you from attending we have a system where the entry can be rolled over to the next event, provided we are advised prior to the event, this system has worked well for 5 years--- if you want more info on this please feel free to call me.

7/ NEWBIES--- you will get plenty of track time on aug 28 with no comp pressure, the PRO & L2 comps on the 28th are fun events only to give drifters a chance to learn our system, PRO DRIFTERS will also be available to assist & advise & our TECH INSPECTOR will available all day to assist & answer any questions,

8/ A "BIG ENTRY" comp will also be run on the 28th, this will be by invitation on the day to suitable drivers.

9/ FOR THE 2 PRO COMPS in oct -- nov a number of NSW & QLD teams have advised they will be entering, VIC drifters are also welcome to enter.

10/ STH AUST. DRIVERS who enter the STADIUM DRIFT PRO & L2 comps in oct & nov will also be eligable to enter the "ALL STARS PRO DRIFT" event to be run at Tamworth on the 10th & 11th of dec

Please note, should you have further questions please feel free to call our office on 07 55378255, ask for Ian or Tim or email to racelinepromo@yahoo.com
The Raceline office is open 5 1/2 days a week to assist you, if you would like to have event flyers sent to you please email your name & postal address
Thanks
Ian

www.racelineevents.com
www.stadiumdrift.com

ae71ness
7th July 2010, 04:27 PM
bye bye lala im taking the 60 min drive to tailem bend.

will definately enter street class if the 4ag is up and running by then.

20v ae71
8th July 2010, 11:20 PM
so from what i understand..

$65 per year for the licence, then another $140 per event? but then it says the 140 includes membership?? membership to what? lol

Simon-KE70
8th July 2010, 11:24 PM
membership and licensing are two different things. either way the licence you need and its a one off. just go with the 35 dollar 6 month option and you'll be right