PDA

View Full Version : KE70 Heater

ke70 xx
30th June 2010, 11:49 PM
My cars heater has never worked. Just wondering if there is anywhere someone good, that someone knows of to get it fixed up. I cant take the freezing cold at 7 in the morning anymore and late night drives home from my mates. Its to cold. Help is appreciated. Thanks Troy.

Arch
1st July 2010, 02:12 AM
start with the basics, is everything there? heater core, heater hoses, tap/valve etc

assuming it is, when you slide the cold/hot lever from cold to hot, does the heater tap open? if not, reconnect lever or just move heater tap by hand

is it a fan issue? check fan speed resistor or power to blower motor.

need more info other than its cold, fucken oath its cold LOL :P

ke70 xx
2nd July 2010, 06:48 PM
I hooked it up at one stage with the 4k and found coolant dripping at my feet but the heater worked. I had to disconnect it because it would fog the whole front window aswell drop coolant on my carpet. It has never been connected with the 4age in it. I immediately blocked it off to avoid the same problems. My dad told me he thinks the heater core is busted. Hope that helps.

Arch
2nd July 2010, 07:45 PM
yer heater core is fucked

u pull it time

ke70 xx
3rd July 2010, 02:25 PM
Shit bitch. Hell dont want to have to pull that shit out. Anyone wanna do it for me.

squish_m8
3rd July 2010, 07:33 PM
it will require you to take your whole dash apart ;) just did mine this arvo, it only took a couple of hours :)

ke70 xx
5th July 2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah thats the bit im not looking forward to. I really dont want to have to do it. Trying to find a new daily atm with heater and aircon for summers and winter. If i cant then I guess ill have to suck it up and fix it in the ke.

rolledup
5th July 2010, 11:32 PM
fuck ya heaters troy.
Drive with aggresion and by the time your cars warm youll be warm :P